フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Haste vs. Accuracy Endgame
Haste vs. Accuracy Endgame
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 16:41:31  
If you're not getting even a simple haste, you're useless for damage anyways. Should just equip thf kinfe, hit the mob once, and go afk
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 16:44:13  
Just to recap, for Ihina:

This:

Is far easier to obtain,

Than this:

I did not say that the first is better than the second, I just said it's an option if you have nothing better than Ecphoria/Cobra Unit for TP. (Assuming you aren't TPing in Rapparee in the first place in the case of the 1st set.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-04 16:45:10  
Cobra Unit Harness is generally better than Scorpion Harness +1 anyway.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 16:51:42  
Only set you'll ever need to be useful on thf (as well as being useless if you don't have)

[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 16:52:26  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Only set you'll ever need to be useful on thf (as well as being useless if you don't have)

lol'd
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-04 16:52:52  
for real, no problem with that harness at all.

Xellana has homam body so that's one less thing to worry. I will also add that anything from the addons will do very well to tp at. The ultimate tp piece at gods will certainly involve head and body.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-04 16:55:52  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Movement speed boots.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 16:57:21  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Movement speed boots.
Oh yea, good point, so you can run to your mh faster and change to a useful job once you've tagged the mob!
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-04 16:59:34  
Also ranged wtf.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 17:14:31  

This is the set every THF should dream of. If you're not elvaan well that's too bad because they look the best in short shorts. Whitebox so you can dress in style!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-04 17:16:15  
Should change the Elvaan Shorts to Vir Subligar so you can actually wear those Striders.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 17:17:03  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Should change the Elvaan Shorts to Vir Subligar so you can actually wear those Striders.

Damn you, you always point out my mistakes! D:
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 17:17:10  
Ducal guard ring is pro. Always fulltime it on low lv jobs and tell the nabs it's got hidden effect all stats+10
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 17:23:58  
Quote:
One of the best high acc pieces you can use. Only things that come to mind for alternatives are ACC/DW Mirke and Homam Corazza.

Rapp Harness to Homam to ACP body. No reason to use the cobra harness.

Quote:
Depends on the delay of your weapons and other STP gear, but in high haste situations 1 haste versus shaving off a hit to WS can be pretty sidegreadeish for a DW job. The extra accuracy certainly doesn't hurt.

That's impractical since we use multi-hit weapon skills and our tp return varies, not to mention DA/TA. There's no such thing as hit-builds for us.

Quote:
Flawed logic. ASA legs are far easier to obtain than both of them. Use ASA till the other(s) are obtained.

Bravo's subligar/Dusk trousers to Homam legs to Skadi legs.

You're going to do an entire mini-expansion to get something you're going to replace anyways?

Quote:
If you're going 1 to 1 ratio, then the order of this is incorrect. Only time you want to put str instead of attack is if your fstr is capped or you can get a lot more attack than you can str. For example, you wouldn't use 11 attack instead of 11 str.

You're going to post to point something out that's void to begin with? What's more, you're going to post to teach us all the basic fundamentals of the game? Really?

Quote:
Uh, why not? It's 1 more accuracy than NQ SH, and easily obtained, and just happens to come with the STP. I never once said use Cobra Harness and Homam Legs over Skadi. I just said you can replicate what the Skadi do. And this person has neither Skadi nor Homam, which is why I put Dusk and Bravo's Subligar in the set.

Because Rappare Harness exist. And stop being so defensive. And don't start off your next response with 'lol'.
Quote:
What do you recommend as a substitute for Homam, then? (these are in fact, better than Homam, so it doesn't even deserve to be called a substitute.)

See above.

I'll never understand why people go out of their way and work for something that's subpar to the best.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 17:26:15  
Quote:
You're going to post to point something out that's void to begin with? What's more, you're going to post to teach us all the basic fundamentals of the game? Really?

Well, when you post like you don't know what the *** you're talking about, yea, I'll assume you don't know the basics.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 17:26:33  
Honestly, Virtuosus, the only thing I'm hearing from you is that you're ok with being gimp because it's easier. That's fair and all for you, but do avoid to give advice to others.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-04 17:27:21  
Quote:
That's impractical since we use multi-hit weapon skills and our tp return varies, not to mention DA/TA. There's no such thing as hit-builds for us.
By this logic you shouldn't be using Skadi. While your hit to WS varies by TP return and isn't necessarily exact due to DA/TA, it can still be modeled accurately and you can build off an average number of rounds to WS if appropriate.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 17:27:51  
That assumption you made, Tigerwoods, is based on another assumption you admittedly made earlier in the thread.

K.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 17:28:58  
Quote:
By this logic you shouldn't be using Skadi. While your hit to WS varies by TP return and isn't necessarily exact due to DA/TA, it can still be modeled accurately and you can build off an average number of rounds to WS if appropriate.

Jeez you guys fail at logic. I see this place throws that word around alot too.

You use Skadi legs because it's a big enough boost to your store tp where it'd matter. It's not pushing yourself from X-hit build to Y-hit build.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-04 17:28:59  
Cobra Harness does fill a nice gap if you don't use your ACP Body on THF and don't have Homam Corazza though.
Quote:

No hit builds, but Store TP will still increase weaponskill frequency on average (unlike 2handers where superfluous Store TP is useless).

You'll want to try to base your builds around Rapparee Harness rather than ACP body anyway so not choosing it for THF is a perfectly logical decision.

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 17:29:17  
Bismarck.Ihina said:
I use Pharpe whilst talking ***to people about their thf gear hurr durr
Ok
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-04 17:30:31  
Is ***about to hit the fan? Ihina seems like a derp.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-04 17:38:25  
Bismarck.Ihina said:
Jeez you guys fail at logic. I see this place throws that word around alot too.

You use Skadi legs because it's a big enough boost to your store tp where it'd matter. It's not pushing yourself from X-hit build to Y-hit build.

Actually ASA legs with acc/Haste beat Homam legs in a purely DD scenario, and since THF never ever caps acc on anything worthwhile without food (and even then some) it won't be a useless upgrade.
Cobra harness is an upgrade for any situation you'd have used an acc body such as SH due to it having the same effect as skadi legs. Raparee isn't the best body always forever without question you know.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 17:42:03  
Quote:
No hit builds, but Store TP will still increase weaponskill frequency on average (unlike 2handers where superfluous Store TP is useless).

And I agree, see my earlier post.
Quote:
I use Pharpe whilst talking ***to people about their thf gear hurr durr
Ok

What should I use, my friend. P.harpe/Blau is a respectable combo on par with the Blau/sirocco, which I also have. I have more weapons in my satchel than you have warp cudgels. Also see:
Quote:
I'll never understand why people go out of their way and work for something that's subpar to the best.

I'm positive you're about to make another assumption right here. You seem to like doing so.

Quote:

I'm extremely anal about people playing my job correctly, if that's what you mean.

Quote:
Actually ASA legs with acc/Haste beat Homam legs in a purely DD scenario, and since THF never ever caps acc on anything worthwhile without food (and even then some) it won't be a useless upgrade.
Cobra harness is an upgrade for any situation you'd have used an acc body such as SH due to it having the same effect as skadi legs. Raparee isn't the best body always forever without question you know.

Seem to miss my point. My point is not that ASA/Cobra harness is better than another piece. It's that you shouldn't go out of your way to obtain a piece of gear that's subpar to another available piece of gear. Rather than spend all that time campaigning or working on ASA missions, you should work on salvage/ACP missions for the better pieces.

For the record, I agree that ASA legs are better than Homam, and Cobra harness is better than various other pieces.
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 17:42:31  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It is, I'm waiting for my lulz from an epic fail on his part.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-04 17:44:12  
Multiple quotes and retorts, you seem to like to do that.
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-04 17:46:01  
Bismarck.Ihina said:

I'm extremely anal about people playing my job correctly, if that's what you mean.

TPing in 3% haste head... that has something to do with ***.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2010-06-04 17:47:43  
Quote:

If I'm proven wrong, then that's all the better for me since I would have learned something I didn't know before.

I'm still waiting to be proven wrong though.
Quote:

Guess I should like, ignore people responding to my posts?

People sure like regurgitating generic internet arguments here.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-04 17:48:33  
Bismarck.Ihina said:
Quote:

If I'm proven wrong, then that's all the better for me since I would have learned something I didn't know before.

I'm still waiting to be proven wrong though.
Quote:

Guess I should like, ignore people responding to my posts?

People sure like regurgitating generic internet arguments here.

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 17:48:36  
Quote:
What should I use, my friend. P.harpe/Blau is a respectable combo on par with the Blau/sirocco, which I also have. I have more weapons in my satchel than you have warp cudgels. Also see:

Well everything seems to be so easy to get. Why don't you have an X's knife?

These work, too. You care so much about absolute best, go out and get something, better than Pharpse, not like it's hard to beat that thing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16