OAThrice /HappyDNC!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » OAThrice /HappyDNC!
OAThrice /HappyDNC!
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-24 02:10:19  
Since no one on FFXIAH was talking about it...

BEHOLD!

NQ occ.att.twice

Trial 13: Amorphs x500
Trial 14: Plantoids x600
Trial 15: Peistes x400

Leads too...

Trial 1097: 600 Dragon-family
Trial 1098: 450 Buffalo

BAM!

Parazonium
DMG:20 Delay:211
Occ. atk. 2-3 times
Lv.80 THF/BRD/DNC

TP generation is COVERED now the only thing keeping DNC tank from being 1000% viable is the horridly huge cooldown timers on waltzes ; ;

If anyone on Unicorn wants to {Team Up?} starting on the amorphs I am down:D
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-24 02:18:39  
I hear that! All my friends and LS mates lol'd when I started this path before the update. Now I am halfway through my amorphs while they are still a handful of eyeballs away from the other path.
By tingletaru 2010-06-24 02:36:11  
1000%?!? :O
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-24 02:44:57  
did he seriously say "horribly huge cooldown timer on waltzes"? lol its 6 seconds...isn't it? I hope he was joking lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-24 02:53:05  
I was lol'ing more at the idea of dnc actually keeping hate off of dds >.>
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-06-24 02:56:48  
actually quite possible with animated flourish and provoke

i went dnc/war to campaign all the time for double voke and stuff, never tested during a meripo or anything

but dnc/war is pretty sick now and im sure ,if played and geared right, that it could be a viable situational tank
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-24 03:00:35  
voke hate though is decays rather quickly. Once a melee caps their hate via damage, voke would have the mob swing at you once or twice and back to them.

And you shouldn't have two vokes. Blood tanking is dead. No reason to have a tank that takes dmg every hit than tanks that can mitigate a good deal of hits all together.
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-24 03:00:36  
Question: Anyone consider doing this path first, taking it to Parazorium level by killing the gazillion mobs and then doing a second Athame with the eyeball things? Both can't proc blah blah but wouldn't this increase your chances of attacking multiple times a lot, and without using saber dance even so you can still waltz away. I dunno maybe that's just sillytalk though ><
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-24 03:00:57  
@Tiger: To be fair, DNC has significantly higher EVA than most DDs.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-24 03:01:50  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Incoming Tigerwoods reasons why DNC will never be considered a decent DD or tank.
Little late
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-24 03:03:26  
You're fast :x
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-24 03:05:15  
Caitsith.Linear said:
xD, well I'll be slow for the next bit.

Time for my 1:00 A.M. leaf raking. (Anyone else do chores at this time?)
[+]
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
サーバ: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-24 03:05:44  
Well wtf happened to SE saying something about making trials less demanding >.>
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-24 03:08:24  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Caitsith.Linear said:
xD, well I'll be slow for the next bit.

Time for my 1:00 A.M. leaf raking. (Anyone else do chores at this time?)

Siblings are out for summer and parents work graveyard shift. I'm babysitting the hyperactive little ***.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-24 03:25:13  
That felt quite refreshing, actually. Gonna start middle of the night chores more often. No heat, no sweat, ect.
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-06-24 03:38:46  
I just want to point out that Divine Waltz II puts out a lot of hate.

Even DNC/NIN I easily got hate against a DRK, MNK, and SAM in a MMM while haste samba and marchX2 was up even after they WS'ed.

Now... if I wanted too I could've kept hate... but didn't feel the need. Divine Waltz II's recast is not that bad... I would just spam that and some stuns lol.

DNC tank ftw!

Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-24 04:00:27  
When dancers are arguing about tanking ability is it just as a backup tank ability or are dancers talking about actually tanking straight up? I have honestly as a dancer never felt the urge to tell a group doing anything "You know what Pally, sit this one out and I'll take a crack at this".

I understand that it's cool to be able to be a back-up tank to keep a few mages alive or what have you in the event a tank does eat dirt. I just don't get why dancers feel the need to assert the belief that they can main tank.

I have always felt like I did more in a group debuffing a mob and providing cures so that the RDM and WHM can breath and maybe haste/refresh a few more people rather than catching up on healing.

That was off topic... back to the dagger talk, did anyone think about what I mentioned with Athame/Parazorium? I am not even sure if it would be possible to obtain both at one time, anyone any thoughts on that?
[+]
 Asura.Matakuko
サーバ: Asura
user: MATAKUKO
By Asura.Matakuko 2010-06-24 04:07:04  
Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
Well wtf happened to SE saying something about making trials less demanding >.>

This^

Here I was hoping that SE would scale back the required 1800 mobs total to complete a path, but on the bright side it seems like it might be worth all the trouble if the final product is spectacular.
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-24 08:23:15  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
did he seriously say "horribly huge cooldown timer on waltzes"? lol its 6 seconds...isn't it? I hope he was joking lol

Curing Waltz IV cooldown 17 sec

Curing Waltz III 10 sec

that may not seem like alot but when you have hate on a powerful mob I may need to cure bomb myself... then 17 sec is an eternity cause god knows ppl ONLY give support to PLD. lol

a DNC tank is not keeping hate off an alliance, they are either lowmanning or holding a mob after every one else has died.

DNC/NIN with full evasion gear, merits, magian evasion daggers can make it's shadows last forever. Fan dance and curing itself / the alliance can balance out the few hits that might break through.

A versatile healer that can keep itself and it's alliance alive is truly and amazing thing:)
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-24 08:25:52  
Titan.Lillica said:
That was off topic... back to the dagger talk, did anyone think about what I mentioned with Athame/Parazorium? I am not even sure if it would be possible to obtain both at one time, anyone any thoughts on that?

I had thought just that when I had discovered the Parazonium.

I -think- that once you turn the Athame into a Para, you can go make a 2nd dagger and bring it to Athame levels.

So, yes! Theoretically a occ.att.twice dagger on one hand and a occ.att.2-3 times in the other:D
 Cerberus.Shanyn
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eleri
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-06-24 13:23:15  
I really wanted an Athame, started one the day the update came out, but Black Triple Stars is so morale-destroying. *** never pop. :(
[+]
 Leviathan.Thornyy
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-06-26 22:54:23  
Titan.Lillica said:
Question: Anyone consider doing this path first, taking it to Parazorium level by killing the gazillion mobs and then doing a second Athame with the eyeball things? Both can't proc blah blah but wouldn't this increase your chances of attacking multiple times a lot, and without using saber dance even so you can still waltz away. I dunno maybe that's just sillytalk though ><
both can proc, and you can do it

considered it for a bit, but since i've already got an eyes of verthandi athame and i'd have to toss it -> do oathrice -> do it again from scratch... *** that