Good Physical Casting Feet For BLU?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Good Physical casting feet for BLU?
Good Physical casting feet for BLU?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-01 23:55:30  

This was my drg WS set. I could just completely destroy colibri. like over 2k every WS. But id go to weak ***like dyna and have trouble breaking 600. So i just decided *** it, rng is good everywhere.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-02 00:03:40  
I already dropped SAM and I'm considering putting BST on the back-burner for awhile ;; I doubt I'll actually drop it, though, I love the job too much.
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
This was my drg WS set. I could just completely destroy colibri. like over 2k every WS. But id go to weak ***like dyna and have trouble breaking 600. So i just decided *** it, rng is good everywhere.

Dynamis-Where? In cities, I get 700+ Disseverment pretty easily (1k+ occasionally); from what I understand, every DD is ***in Xarcabard.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-02 00:10:01  
Dynamis sandy sandy lol. And thats the same thing im thinking. My blu was hitting like 600-700 there too.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-02 00:12:25  
Dynamis sandy sandy lol. And thats the same thing im thinking. My blu was hitting like 600-700 there too.
...ouch. That's... bad, haha. D:
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-02 00:13:52  
I know. but look at my gearset, what can i improve that would change the damage by that much?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-02 00:18:50  
I know. but look at my gearset, what can i improve that would change the damage by that much?
...Gungnir? :x
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-02 00:22:16  
damn i knew i shouldnt have dropped all 7 of those....
 Bismarck.Axiri
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Iria
By Bismarck.Axiri 2010-07-02 00:27:53  
My opinion on the subject (situational but heres the overall breakdown):

1) Setanta's Ledelsens
2*) Hume race specific Lv62 feet
2) Denali's Gamashes
3) Agrona's Leggings
4) Rutter's Sabatons (1st place for Cannonball unless taru)

(* refers to not all races can do that option)
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-02 01:01:10  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
wtf i hate blu then. i demand a refund and a recount of florida. But honestly...im getting tired of most of the jobs in this game. I love drg. DRG is my ***. I have amazing drg gear(excluding a jump setup). I break the dex tiers and have crit merits and zahaks mail and all that junk. And it blows on anything less pink then a colibri. Same for blu pretty much. I like doing hard things with low amounts of people(dark ixion with 6 anyone?) and blu just doesnt cut it for me. Thats not to say it sucks for everyone ever, just not my thing anymore i guess. i think my only three that i take past 75 will be drk pld rng
I hear you, I retired my BLM when the update hit. BLU DRG DNC and maybe RDM for me, nothing more.

Retiring BLM? Blasphemy
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-02 01:44:57  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I hear you, I retired my BLM when the update hit. BLU DRG DNC and maybe RDM for me, nothing more.
Retiring BLM? Blasphemy
Wasn't aware retiring BLM was legal!
 Fenrir.Akuma
サーバ: Fenrir
user: nasamoo
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-07-02 01:52:24  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Retiring BLM? Blasphemy
Wasn't aware retiring BLM was legal!
;; what you mean? I can't retire my blm ;; but but I'm elvaan :D doesn't that give me grounds for not taking it to 75+? :D
By Majae 2010-07-03 13:04:24  
I mainly use Rutter's to cast in. However this is because I don't have a nyzul group anymore and never got denali. My foot selection is pretty meh. I TP in Cobra Unity leggings and cast in Rutters.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-07-03 13:54:17  
Majae said:
I mainly use Rutter's to cast in. However this is because I don't have a nyzul group anymore and never got denali. My foot selection is pretty meh. I TP in Cobra Unity leggings and cast in Rutters.

I TP in Cobra as well. I know I could just buy dusk feet but mehh, and I planned on just waiting it out till homam feet get around anyway.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-04 00:44:04  
Denali personally does the trick more than often.

As for spell sets:

AMK helm augmented with STR+4 WSACC+15 ACC+10 ATT+5. For Vertical Cleave I often swap the neck and hands with Chivalrous Chain + Pallas's Bracelets. I'll leave the Pallas's in MH if my targets require a bit more accuracy for it.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-04 00:48:36  
Valefor.Angeluzun said:
Majae said:

I TP in Cobra as well. I know I could just buy dusk feet but mehh, and I planned on just waiting it out till homam feet get around anyway.

Aurore?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-04 00:56:40  
Valefor.Angeluzun said:

Enkidu Feet are a nice free option if Homam Feet are going to take a while. Basically the same as NQ Dusk Feet with nifty additions. No movement speed down either!
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-04 01:00:45  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Valefor.Angeluzun said:

Enkidu Feet are a nice free option if Homam Feet are going to take a while. Basically the same as NQ Dusk Feet with nifty additions. No movement speed down either!

Aurore are easier to obtain than Enkidu, and are arguably better.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-04 01:08:51  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Valefor.Angeluzun said:

Aurore are easier to obtain than Enkidu, and are arguably better.

Enkidu you can gather Zeni for Nosferatu in less than a day or two with a Soulflayer 2000 and regular plates, considering the Zeni required is at a reasonable minimum. Compare that to more time required to farm Cruor to afford Aurore.

Even then, wouldn't it look like this for TP? Homam > Enkidu ≥ Dusk > Aurore. The argument's moot in any case.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-04 01:15:49  
Enkidu you can gather Zeni for Nosferatu in less than a day or two with a Soulflayer 2000 and regular plates, considering the Zeni required is at a reasonable minimum. Compare that to more time required to farm Cruor to afford Aurore.
You can't honestly tell me getting the Zeni and up to Nosferatu is faster (not to metion easier) than getting 3000 Cruor. Plus, Enkidu feet don't always drop (last time we did like four Nosferatus in a day, we got 0 Enkidu feet), and Aurore is AHable.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-04 01:23:04  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
You can't honestly tell me getting the Zeni and up to Nosferatu is faster (not to metion easier) than getting 3000 Cruor. Plus, Enkidu feet don't always drop (last time we did like four Nosferatus in a day, we got 0 Enkidu feet), and Aurore is AHable.

With a dedicated ZNM group, it's actually possible, especially when farming Zeni on Limbus Flowers.

I just don't think Aurore's worth the AH price is all, so it just seems Enkidu is a better value until Homam.

I'll ask since I haven't really gotten a hardcore Abyssea party in as of late- How long would getting 3K Cruor take considering you can only enter at a maximum of 90 minutes if you don't exit early? I may change my thought on the subject if it sounds plausible.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-04 01:26:40  
With a dedicated ZNM group, it's actually possible.
This is a lot more conditional than finding people to do Abyssea.
Quote:
I just don't think Aurore's worth the AH price is all, so it just seems Enkidu is a better value until Homam.
...the stuff just came out. Price is falling, rather quickly. It'll settle at maybe a couple hundred thousand, tops. Maybe even under 100k. Plus, you can sell Aurore once you obtain Homam whereas you cannot re-sell Enkidu's.
Quote:
How long would getting 3K Cruor take considering you can only enter at a maximum of 90 minutes if you don't exit early?
Two sessions should be more than enough for 3K. If you have a really good group and get some decent chests, maybe even one, but I wouldn't count on it.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-04 01:35:35  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
This is a lot more conditional than finding people to do Abyssea.
You could say the same for people doing Abyssea looking for the really good groups. But in most cases, I'll agree to the point that most of the time you'll come across them doing Abyssea than ZNM these days.

Quote:
It'll settle at maybe a couple hundred thousand, tops. Maybe even under 100k. Plus, you can sell Aurore once you obtain Homam whereas you cannot re-sell Enkidu's.

If they fall lower than Dusk, I'll probably consider it. In truth, I probably would toss the Enkidu's since I got 'em freelot and didn't really care to get them when they dropped in the group I got them with. Basically: "Sure, why not."

Quote:
Two sessions should be more than enough for 3K. If you have a really good group and get some decent chests, maybe even one, but I wouldn't count on it.

Hmmm...killing mobs EXP-party style, right? And I'm assuming there are some chests that give good cruor.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-04 01:40:50  
Hmmm...killing mobs EXP-party style, right? And I'm assuming there are some chests that give good cruor.
Killing everything in sight is a pretty decent way to do it. NMs give a good EXP/Cruor payout, and we've opened chests that contain 1k cruor. Seems like having an alliance would be most ideal, but I usually end up having less than a full party whenever I go in. Either way, it didn't take me very long to get my first piece.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-07-04 01:57:48  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Killing everything in sight is a pretty decent way to do it. NMs give a good EXP/Cruor payout, and we've opened chests that contain 1k cruor. Seems like having an alliance would be most ideal, but I usually end up having less than a full party whenever I go in. Either way, it didn't take me very long to get my first piece.
Ahh, never heard of chests that give 1K cruor yet. I suppose that does change things. Thanks for that bit.
By Majae 2010-07-04 15:11:13  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Valefor.Angeluzun said:
Majae said:
Aurore?

Obviously yes, i'll upgrade to those once I have the cruor and can wear them.

As for Enkidu, we don't do ZNM very much. Still working on Homam.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-04 22:19:09  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Ahh, never heard of chests that give 1K cruor yet. I suppose that does change things. Thanks for that bit.
You need a group that can kill fairly quickly to get into that tier of chests - I've heard reports of meripo-style groups of 18 working well (over 25k EXP/hr, lots of cruor, etc), with 1-2 people there just to open chests. Might also get some time extension chests if you're killing fast enough, and EXP/hr scales dramatically if you're set up right.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-04 22:30:11  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You need a group that can kill fairly quickly to get into that tier of chests - I've heard reports of meripo-style alliances working very well, with 1-2 people there just to open chests. Might also get some time extension chests if you're killing fast enough, and EXP/hr scales dramatically if you're set up right.
I've never done Abyssea with more than 5...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-04 22:37:54  
/shrug

Like I said, reports of 25k+/hr, lots of cruor, and literally several hours worth of extensions once they fell below 30 minutes remaining. If that can be replicated with a group of 6 then Abyssea is officially *** awesome, though I really like it anyway for the most part.