Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-14 17:38:31  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Can anyone link or paraphrase exactly why these presumably crafting based jobs are jobs in of themselves? Do they have any purpose in battle? What are the benefits of making this a primary class etc. etc.
I would like to Tool, but honestly I haven't taken a dive into crafting myself. :( I really don't know it all works as being classified as a job. About all I can say is I occasionally seen the people who start out with crafting eventually go out and start a traditional DoW/DoM job. So I'd assume there's not much more outside of it just being crafting.

:EDIT:
Royally f-ed up trying to fix my post...lol.
*points down*
 Siren.Blaire
サーバ: Siren
user: 1000stars
By Siren.Blaire 2010-08-14 17:38:38  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Can anyone link or paraphrase exactly why these presumably crafting based jobs are jobs in of themselves? Do they have any purpose in battle? What are the benefits of making this a primary class etc. etc.

They all give benefits to the party when facing certain enemies. They also let you loot more stuff.

Example text:
Blacksmithing techniques are capable of weakening enemies constructed of metal, as well as discovering loot that would otherwise be overlooked by the untrained eye.

Source: http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wiki/en/Blacksmith

That's just an example, they all have traits to help a group. They likely won't be that useful in exp parties but in endgame stuff where mobs/bosses are a lot harder and the potential loot only these crafting jobs could get are also likely to be much more valuable. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if there aren't bosses that are nearly impossible to kill without a crafter job there to debuff them.

Plus they have unique guild leves too if i remember what i read right a long time ago in an interview. They were talking about leves that require a blacksmith to repair things, like a bridge, while combatant players defended them from onslaughts of enemies.
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-14 17:43:51  
Hmmm, and these are actual playable classes? Or are they just like sideline/passive beneficiary things like subjobs?
 Siren.Blaire
user: 1000stars
By Siren.Blaire 2010-08-14 17:44:39  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Hmmm, and these are actual playable classes? Or are they just like sideline/passive beneficiary things like subjobs?

They are full-blown classes. They have abilities, attacks, crafting skills, and they have debuffs and such for specific enemies.

Blacksmith abilities we know of so far:
Rock Throw
Wrist Flick
Maker's Muse
Hasty Hand
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-14 17:46:17  
Fenrir.Tool said:

You can also learn the abilities gained through leveling up the job, and have it on a main class.
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-14 17:48:58  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

You can also learn the abilities gained through leveling up the job, and have it on a main class.

Sounds reminiscent of FF9. Learning abilities through use of jobs/equipment/items and then having the ability to link them to your primary in any combination desired.

I'm looking forward to this actually.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-14 17:50:18  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

Sounds reminiscent of FF9. Learning abilities through use of jobs/equipment/items and then having the ability to link them to your primary in any combination desired.

I'm looking forward to this actually.

The system is a hybrid between Blu from XI and the entire system from IX.

I mean, like nearly identical to IX, you learn abilities through that job, and then set them on another job with a certain amount of points needed for what-ever ability.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-14 18:08:57  
I was not aware Flionheart was buying us all HD Widescreen monitors. That's awesome!
 Ragnarok.Corres
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-08-14 18:18:38  
bought ps3 for this game. reason: PC version september coming. Don't care to start with all others at the startdate. don't want overcrowded beginners-area from only-graphic-loving-***. And besides waiting longer for it to be released: less errors or faults in the game mechanics since PC-ppl figured it out eventually.

Ps3 release i can wait and see how this game develops.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-14 18:19:14  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I was not aware Flionheart was buying us all HD Widescreen monitors. That's awesome!

What is this madness?!
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-08-14 18:19:27  
Ragnarok.Titox said:
and i can't wait to hear the music of the game since the composer music will be Nobuo Uematsu *-* i am fan of most of his background song in the Final Fantasy Series
I know this is old news and also your post is a month old, but the game's OST has been leaked since alpha release. You can find it all over google.

It's mostly pretty good.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-14 18:32:36  
Asura.Halloween said:
the game sucks!
Couldn't be any more obvious. >.>
Try harder.
 Lakshmi.Drekien
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2010-08-14 18:40:39  
I just can't take another XI clone... raptors, opo-opos.. same races, same nation structure, where the *** is the female galkas yo
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-14 18:48:44  
i wonder how it will work serve wise, will i be able to get on the same server as my friends from XI? and like my brother whose going to play?

Edit: I meant to say Server
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-14 19:59:24  
I am excite
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-14 20:00:23  
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
i wonder how it will work serve wise, will i be able to get on the same server as my friends from XI? and like my brother whose going to play?

Edit: I meant to say Server
I'd assume it will work the same way as it currently does. As in, you pick your own server to go to. Just confer with your friends, etc beforehand.

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Belius
サーバ: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-08-15 08:51:50  
I still find it weird that you guys want it all, straight off the bat.

It'll be just like how ffxi started, they aim to keep you playing for the next 5-6 years. I wouldn't bother with 14 till two years after it's release. By then things would have almost 'settled' down.
By Zekko 2010-08-15 08:55:52  
Remora.Belius said:
I wouldn't bother with 14 till two years after it's release. By then things would have almost 'settled' down.

And then you will realise everyone has done content that you will need help with and it will become like CoP, hard to find people to do it with unless you have a static or LS that are willing to help(wasnt the case with CoP the past few years)
[+]
 Remora.Belius
サーバ: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-08-15 08:59:20  
Nah, by then, the entire population of ffxi would have moved and it'd still be easy to do.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-15 10:26:41  
Asura.Halloween said:
Still, there are things not implemented in xiv that other mmo devs would consider to be standard features in a new mmo, like a fully explorable world, jumping, falling, swimming/drowning.

And that right there gives it less immersion as a world and makes it obvious that we're supposed to waste 5 minutes zig-zagging down ledges to get to an area rather than just being able to step down on them or jump up to them.

And you can't attribute that to "beta" because it's too late to implement such things in the game. It's not just a matter of adding a couple lines of coding to let your characters jump and let you actually walk/fall anywhere you like. And it shouldn't not be the case either. Not having these things does hurt the game tremendously. It makes it feel like you're on a linear path from which you can't deviate.

Why does every person want jumping? You do realise they are trying to make a semi-serious MMO right? Jumping would completely ruin the atmosphere. This isn't Wow.

And as for the character creator being 'bad' Point me to an MMO with a better character creator (Again remembering this is the Beta) People like you are why the NDA was born, you're not testing a demo of the game, you're there to give constructive feedback to the Devs instead of QQing like a *** on a forum.

Also you're locked into one area, have you tested all the other areas or are you just nitpicking because you can't let go of XI?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-15 11:09:49  
Asura.Halloween said:
this is ffxi version 1.5 so letting go of xi isn't that difficult if you're moving to xiv.

And again, SE is not listening to its playerbase. In this case, it's the beta testers trying to get things changed. I wouldn't be exaggerating saying a full 100% of the testers are not happy with the keymapping, for instance. Yet SE has done nothing to fix that issue since testing began.

And why does everyone automatically say "WoW" when jumping is mentioned. Yes, WoW has jumping, but so do MANY other mmo's. Jumping would not ruin the atmosphere. it would make the game more playable and less of a drag. There are even more stupid ledges that u can't step down from or up onto than ffxi has, and some force you to walk around for MINUTES to get to someplace you could have been at instantly. There's no reason for that at all.
What does "ruining the atmosphere" even mean in relation to jumping? it makes absolutely no sense.

As for character creation, let's just take Aion, for instance. It's got 2 races to choose from. But all the options for those 2 races are just staggering. You literally can spend hours just on 1 character. Or just random it. And even WoW (yes, i mentioned WoW) has more character model options for each race than xiv.

And i've been in lots of other beta tests. none of them have felt as incomplete as xiv does, 1 month away from release

So you're comparing a beta character creation system, to that of a game that has been out what? 5+ years? You're making out this character creation system is the worst we've ever had in an MMO and that is just ignorance, I'm assuming you've not explored all the options because at the moment IN BETA we have more options than Wow. (Not played Aion so I can't judge).

And Jumping would not suit the style of the game, I'm sure you'd love it if people were jumping around the new 'whitegate' but personally I find it to be gimmicky and don't see the need for it other than 'lulz'.

Thinking they key mapping won't be customisable is incredibly stupid too, if you're on PC you could even customise it with an outside program if it was that bad.

I'm assuming you didn't see the changes between the Alpha and Beta, why are you assuming SE haven't got all the changes ready for retail? You say you've been in Beta tests, but your ignorance says differently.

Calling the character creation shallow pretty much proves that you've spend less than 2 minutes on it, which refutes all of your claims.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-15 11:22:18  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
1 month before release and it plays like it does, is pretty bad.

Again, you're assuming that they don't change games majorly before retail. I've been in numerous betas that haven't updated for the playerbase until retail.

We've also got the open beta beginning which will be a good stress test for the servers.

Post deleted by User.