Best Way To Level Evasion?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Best way to level Evasion?
Best way to level Evasion?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-07-20 23:43:01  
Easy way to cap Eva
Go thf/rdm earth staff, jelly ring, phalanx and kite a marid around.
I dont have a jelly ring but i did this for dnc w/ fan dance up
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-20 23:58:03  
where would one go for eva287+ (304 in eva set)

got it to that pulling in abyssea and eva tanking the mob untill MA got to it, since we didnt have any BRD or COR for bats

havent been online for last couple of besieged attacks to try thf/rdm there again
 Ramuh.Migado
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Migado
By Ramuh.Migado 2010-07-21 00:03:15  
Easiest way I've found for skillups is soloing t1 vnm. Get crazy skill on them for evasion and weapon, not so much parrying though.
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-07-21 00:06:14  
Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo said:
Besieged + Fanatics + Diaga

Yeah I was gonna say this.

Or even just run into Besieged and aggro all the mobs you can, rinse and repeat.
 Shiva.Andytheraven
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Andytheraven 2010-07-21 00:16:27  
way I help a friend cap eva skill at 75 was in boyahda tree aggro two mandy without getting hate take it to zone line, me as rdm spam cures. when and if MP becomes issue zone and repeat. Depending on skill could take like 1-2 hours.

was boring as hell considering I was getting nothing out of it. But if you can find a mage that needs healing magic skillup can kill two birds with one stone.
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-21 00:43:05  
Ask if you can pull for an abyssea party and hold the mobs with shadows instead of having a mage sleep it. At 80 I was getting steady evasion skillups and I'm at 311(THF80) with evasion set up on. You'll get mad skillups especially if you do mandies in abyssea-tahrongi.

I hate to say it but abyssea is the answer to everything 75+.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lightvision
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2010-07-21 00:55:04  
i was getting skillups in dynamis the otherday, eva was poor for skillups but weapon is nice tho, i was on NIN when got a few skillups on eva snd SAM i got alot of skillups on GK
 Ramuh.Leylah
user: Leylah
By Ramuh.Leylah 2010-07-21 01:45:45  
Find THF mobs that triple attack often? MNK mobs like mandies? NMs that use Hundred Fists?
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-07-21 02:00:24  
best way to level ur evasion on thf is to fight those rat things in azura undersea ruins just fight them straight up when u about dead hit hide very simple and very fast and will cap ur evasion they read T to a 75
 Hades.Saskiot
サーバ: Hades
user: saskiot
By Hades.Saskiot 2010-07-21 02:16:40  
Whats worked best for afew of my friends was take a whm with you to boyhaada tree go to just before the zone where the proto crystal is to fight the avitar. There is a steel shell there aggro it dont attack it let it smack you. The whm can heal you like crazy and not get hate as long as you dont attack it. Do this till the whm is low on mp zone recover hp/mp and do this till its capped.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [98 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Shinsonja
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shinsonja
By Shiva.Shinsonja 2010-10-27 02:53:44  
im lvl 85 thf have 4/4 evasion merits so cap for me is 339, currently at 330 went 322-330 on Seaboard Vulture (all DC @ 85) - Misareaux Coast, thf/dnc with soothing healer npc lvl 69, skill ups kinda stopped/slowed for now.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-27 02:59:00  
Phoenix.Darki said:
thf/dnc can solo charby?

I nin/dnc soloed charby at 75....
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-27 04:01:55  
hmm.. wonder how many skill ups you could get with a fanatics drink in abyssea attowa ..

round up all the chigoe with flee perfect dodge.. then pop drink as it wears lol
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-27 04:10:30  
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
hmm.. wonder how many skill ups you could get with a fanatics drink in abyssea attowa ..

round up all the chigoe with flee perfect dodge.. then pop drink as it wears lol

just be sure you have warp cudgel in the main hand ready to roll lol
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-27 04:11:30  
lmfao
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 04:15:07  
Idk about evasion but I've been getting awesome parry/shield pdt/def soloing random VNMs that hundred fist... don't even take more than 10 dmg per hit with stoneskin down lol.

Too bad I need to get the kills on rng /sigh
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-27 05:02:00  
eva really doesn't seem to bad to level.. i took my eva from 250ish to 311 in one party pulling on thf (leveling up also)... probably could have capped it if i went to dump merits and come back.

Want to cap eva.. just suck it up and pull mobs lol..

i dont know about you guys.. but nearly every party im in there is a whiny thief who refuses to pull.. and they probably dont even have capped eva either so they are just being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 05:17:56  
Yeah evasion is rediculously easy... in fact if you plan on lvling parrying/shield and not on a tank job I'd reccommend not lvling evasion cause it will hinder that and it lvls on it's own super easy
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-27 05:22:56  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah evasion is rediculously easy... in fact if you plan on lvling parrying/shield and not on a tank job I'd reccommend not lvling evasion cause it will hinder that and it lvls on it's own super easy

lol.. i'll try that next time i want to take thf 85~90

"sorry i can't pull, have to cap parry first >_>"
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 05:25:46  
Oh I didn't get to lvl much on thf so I just went and capped it on qiqirn in nyzle isle. But that meant not much parry skillups since I got like the last 100 lvls in a bout an hour or 2. :(.

As far as abyssea goes... pimp your thf out get some razed ruins and tank ***!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 05:49:30  
Josiahkf said:
Shiva.Shinsonja said:
im lvl 85 thf have 4/4 evasion merits so cap for me is 339, currently at 330 went 322-330 on Seaboard Vulture (all DC @ 85) - Misareaux Coast, thf/dnc with soothing healer npc lvl 69, skill ups kinda stopped/slowed for now.
If you dont have abyssea, this mob would be your best bet outside of events like besieged
Also the reason things have slowed/stopped is cause to be able to gain a skill up the mob has to be at least a certain lvl. Basically it has to be at least EM to whatever lvl you would to have that particular skill capped. This is before gear and merits of course.

So with 330 skill your base would be 322. Thf has A+ evasion so 322 is right between the cap for lvl 83 and 84 meaning you'd have to be fighting a mob at least lvl 84 to get skillups. Seaboard vultures are 83-84 so half of them wont even skill you up and the others will be pretty dang slow and will completely stop once you get 325 (333)
 Fairy.Aquilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: aquaman
By Fairy.Aquilo 2010-10-27 06:03:48  
i capped my eva on 75 thf as /nin you can still skill up with shadows. on the goobous or whatever there called in the upper level of the tree. where ppl skill up on the clippers. pritty tricky but was fun
By Gemah 2010-10-27 10:17:58  
Become a puller in abyssea, you'll level up evasion in no time.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-27 10:24:05  
Lol, I have hate so much, I cap evasion just exping or doing ls events.

Evasion is broken (Shield, parry, guard it actually has to proc) because you can get skill ups even if the mob doesn't miss you.

Lowman ***or tank/pull hate w/ awesome DD powers and eva will cap
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-10-27 10:46:12  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
thf/dnc can solo charby?

I nin/dnc soloed charby at 75....

Well yea, that's been done. But nin/dnc has something thf/dnc doesn't.
 Cerberus.Nostylin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-10-27 11:19:30  
if its IT mob... run in front of it get hit... and zone.. >> not hard etc
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-10-27 12:03:23  
For THF, better than Orichalcumshells are Slough Skua in Caedarva Mire. They are a short walk from Nashmau, and unlike the rest of the level 85+ mobs that were added in the last update, Hide works on them. Wiki has them listed as sound at the moment, but that can't be right, as I know for a fact Hide works on them; I've watched a THF friend in my LS do it more than once. The one thing to be careful of when using them is that they link, but from what I saw, it shouldn't be too hard to pull without links; they tend to stay spaced out enough.

The downside, of course, is that like all the 85+ mobs they added in the update, they are in a ToAU area, which means Sanction. :/ Losing out on the increased HP recovered while resting is annoying. But if you actually fight them rather than just letting them hit you til you're low on health and using Hide (/DNC is great for this), then that's not as much of a problem unless something goes pretty wrong and you have to Hide to save your life, lol.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-27 12:27:53  
Smackster1 said:
On thf in general? I can't use my evasion set to its full potential until I cap Evasion. Any tips or pointers on leveling it? the quicker the better! Thanks!

Wear a subligar.