users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Pandemonium » Trying to find a party
Trying to find a party
 Pandemonium.Krebons
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-11 21:39:33  
now, i dunno if its just this server or what, i transfered from shithole asura last month(good riddance) and ive noticed that parties are few and far between. Currently lvling Rdm im at 31 and well, been lfp all day(6 hours now) so any of you pandies got some insight?
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-01-11 21:47:43  
ummm yea. Pandemonium sucks also.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-11 21:49:40  
i wouldnt go that far, there is no where near the amount of *** here as there is on asura
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-11 22:15:38  
its like i been on all day with a /seacom in wg and jeuno lfp well over 6 hours
 Pandemonium.Nerevar
user:
By Pandemonium.Nerevar 2009-01-11 22:28:36
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

This is one of the smallest servers, population-wise. Less people on= less people partying.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-11 22:40:27  
oh no, im all capped out on all my stuff on 60 blm so lvl sync isnt a problem, hell id go to the dunes if i got an invite for there

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-11 23:04:02  
hmmmm... guess ill put that in my /seacom invite me free cookies
 Pandemonium.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Pandemonium.Jadecc 2009-01-12 00:13:48  
its usually good to make your own party, or get a friend/other chara that will Plvl u, that way u can just grab a few DD and get good xp, otherwise, yea pandy is pretty small, parties are few and far between, i got pup to 75 on here tho so its not impossible to get parties :p keep trying/good luck and prolly try starting your own party.. you already have a healer! ^^
 Seraph.Zoey
サーバ: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-01-12 00:15:17  
Most of the time you have to do more than just sit there seeking to get a party on any server. Especially at those lower lvls.

Some tips, your lvling a lvl 31 rdm which is difficult to solo at that lvl so..

Go to the lvl 31 place to party, like Garliage, and just sit there seeking. If a party is already there, and a healer leaves, you'll be the most convenient choice. Also you can go out to Qufim, or the jungles, and seek out there. People that are closest are ussually the first picked by parties that are already moving due to convenience. Use the /sea function to see where the parties are at.

Finally, start your own party. It's really easy, just /sea whatever lvls and jobs you can work with and look for peeps. All you really need to start is a tank (nin+war-pld), a healer (you and any other healer type), then your good to go. There should be plenty of fighters to choose from. Dancers make great backup healers too. If you can't start a party yourself, the chances a new one will develop for you to join are slim. You ability to type /sea weighs in. Some people can't start a decent party at all. Keep trying.

It helps to pick a time of day most US folks arent sleeping or at work, that whieghs in.

try this

/sea all pld 21-31
/sea all 21-31
/sea all whm 21-31
etc....
 Seraph.Jessee
user: Jessee
By Seraph.Jessee 2009-01-12 09:16:23  
I can't imagine a world without Level Sync anymore for reasons like this .... How did we do it before?
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-12 09:30:57  
Perhaps it's because Level Sync WASN'T there that we managed it?

I mean, the lack of people seeking at one's level could be because they're already made a lower level synced party with friends or LS members(which is always preferable, and so much easier to do with Level Sync). So there are less free agents floating around. I know it's been impossible for me to get a party recently without having to sync myself (I generally make my own parties each time).
 Carbuncle.Xenobriatix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Xenobriatix 2009-01-12 09:44:20  
With all I've heard about level sync, I don't know if I want to start playing again lol. Finding parties was bad enough in 2007. Please tell me I won't be wasting my time going back to FF =(
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-12 10:13:13  
Nonono, don't say that! Whilst it might have the knock-on effect of making it hard to find people your level, Level Sync has made finding a party in general much MUCH easier.

The only issues is your skill caps go down with your level, so you won't get any skillups in a Sync Party if you're capped at a higher level. But skillups aren't horribly hard to get, so it's not that great a problem!

I recently came back from a long break from FFXI, and i've not regretted it for a second ^^
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-12 10:22:14  
I dunno try skilling up your Great Axe if youre a war and super under skill if you pt'd at low lvl while you are high. when I look for a pt I always put {Level Sync} 60+ when I'm on Monk (Monk is lvl 66 atm) so then when your skills are not so far behind. It just bad if you stay at level sync waaay under your level and stay at low level parties.
 Seraph.Jessee
By Seraph.Jessee 2009-01-12 10:55:43  
It would rock if SE would modify how Level Sync worked, so that it would cap all your skills but still allow skill ups, based off your synced cap compared with level of mob, up to the level up your un-synced cap ... if that makes any sense. I think that would be great!

However, it is nicer seeing more shouts for Skill Up parties.. I like going on those just to poke things with my staff while not have to think much while doing it.

Oh and Saiya, you make a very valid point with the lack of free agents. I think you're very correct.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-12 11:02:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Jessee said:
It would rock if SE would modify how Level Sync worked, so that it would cap all your skills but still allow skill ups, based off your synced cap compared with level of mob, up to the level up your un-synced cap ... if that makes any sense. I think that would be great! However, it is nicer seeing more shouts for Skill Up parties.. I like going on those just to poke things with my staff while not have to think much while doing it. Oh and Saiya, you make a very valid point with the lack of free agents. I think you're very correct.

This would fix the only flaw in Level Sync.

Now if we could somehow get a solution to locked treasure chests and exp parties... Tired of half the party examing the lock and using all the attempts. >_>
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-12 11:27:19  
@ Skill Parties: Don't forget the added bonus of gimp xp while you do it ^^ every little helps! (My RNG is 73 now, ugh the tnl is depressing). I don't think SE would make this addition, for one because it's an easy time-sink, and they love those.

Secondly I guess your melee/ranged/magic whatever equations directly consult what is in your menu > Combat/Magic skills at that time. So they'd have to find a way to hold your true skill in memory and let you see what it is, without having to do what might be a WHOLE lot of recoding to make the combat equations work differently (I'm making a lot of guesses, i'm not up on the equations or their significant operators at all.)

But yeah, skilling up a 2h weapon ftl =(. And Levelling my Pally, Shield is gonna be hella boring if it gets too far behind.
 Seraph.Jessee
By Seraph.Jessee 2009-01-12 12:54:05  
Saiya said:
@ Secondly I guess your melee/ranged/magic whatever equations directly consult what is in your menu > Combat/Magic skills at that time. So they'd have to find a way to hold your true skill in memory and let you see what it is, without having to do what might be a WHOLE lot of recoding to make the combat equations work differently (I'm making a lot of guesses, i'm not up on the equations or their significant operators at all.)

I had thought this too. The thought after this was, "PS2 Limitations" ....
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-12 20:46:49  
lol lol i know, i had my share of 75's back in the day, but one comment i do have to make is on the makeing parties, i swear to god, i get the dumbest, stupidest noobs ever, an example last night, lvl 31 sam rank 6 lfp, didnt have altep crystal, wtfover, thats why i dont make parties ^^
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-01-12 21:06:13  
and a good point i have proven today aslo, logged on at 115pm hawaii time(right after maint) left for work, came back around 20 or so mins ago, left my chara on lfp /seacom party long time sub job anything level sync anything /tell 4 hours and 1 invite lmao something wrong there?