フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » League of Legends
League of Legends
First Page 2 3 ... 574 575 576 ... 577 578 579
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 18:53:23  
Hmm not exactly but your initial point is correct.

The point I'm making is that the skill shots themselves are 100% reliable - they will always do exactly what the player tells them barring bugs or glitches. The unreliability falls on the players behind the shots.

To counter your example, how is that any different to having a team member get caught out at 45 minutes in while trying to ward? Both are player reliant, both rely on a mistake and/or good positioning from the opponent, neither are reliant on chance.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 18:56:16  
Thats less my personality and more my career choice. I'm an amateur coach so this sort of argument is commonplace.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 19:04:26  
Verda said: »
Siren.Seiri said: »
Hmm not exactly but your initial point is correct.

The point I'm making is that the skill shots themselves are 100% reliable - they will always do exactly what the player tells them barring bugs or glitches. The unreliability falls on the players behind the shots.

To counter your example, how is that any different to having a team member get caught out at 45 minutes in while trying to ward? Both are player reliant, both rely on a mistake and/or good positioning from the opponent, neither are reliant on chance.

Good game design should promote the purpose of a game. LoL is a competitive strategy game that also combines motor skills and adaptability. At initial looks you'd think skillshots fall into that category but they don't. Skill and strategy should be exemplified and variables that can make the matches less than a 100% accurate indication of skill is counter to that goal and to the purpose of the game. Variance happens in any game. Skill can and usually though not always makes up for it. Skillshots are variance. I'm trying to remember too where I read that paper rock scissors type gameplay is flawed at it's core but I digress.

What makes LoL what it is, is the existence of many tiers and faucets of strategy, from the overarching macro play to the pinpoint lane movment micro play. Skillshots do actually fit into this at the mini-micro level. A skillshot is something that comes at the behest of another player so there is no AI preset course, and cover more distance than one or two steps and are thus mini-micro.

The skill comes in the prediction and avoidance. By looking at the opponents avatar you can tell where their mouse cursor is currently placed, so you can infer from that a: the direction of a skill shot if fired at you, and b: the most likely juke direction to avoid one you fire at them simply based on which quadrant their cursor is in as this is the fastest point that the other player can move-command to.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 19:14:07  
Ok it seems I was arguing against the wrong point or you agree that its not chance even if it can be seen as somewhat random so I'll move on.

How does it detract from the game? Especially when everything is equal on both sides as far as this factor is concerned.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 19:27:09  
My thoughts on afkers, trolls, drunken players and similar aside as thats a different issue.

If the game reaches a point where 1 skill shot will determine win or loss, then it doesn't have to be a skill shot, as that skillshot can only take advantage of a positioning error. Such errors can easily lead to picks in any situation be it skill shot or point and click. Furthermore if that 1 skillshot is the break point then the game relies on the shooter predicting the target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPCfoCVCx3U

The qss removing death mark counters the tower damage faker suffered, the rest is pure outplay. This involves skill shots and point and click. What part of this is outside of the players control?
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 19:35:48  
Perhaps you can compare it to a rock paper scissors with 100 different choices but its never down to a single roll. If a game hangs on the edge it means both sides have won enough previous plays for them to be that close, be that skill shot, positioning or even champion select. If either team had won one more play previously then that edge wouldn't exist.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 19:36:23  
You're already at 500 posts
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 19:50:47  
True a less skilled player can outplay a more skilled player. Cool 1v1'd faker in lane. That means that for that brief instant the less skilled player out thought the more skilled, thats all there is to it.

As for ap nidalee there were always 7 options to dodge. left, right, centre (stay still), back right, back left, forward right, forward left. Thats before movement abilities come in.

As for the community you should have carried on past plat. I never played in bronze so I don't know how bad that was, but I've played with people up to mid tier masters and I'll say that from D3+ people start seriously improving their outlook and losing the childishness you see so often in plat. Whether this is a symptom of the improving skill, or a requirement to achieve that skill, I don't know. I think its both depending on the person. But you would have found a very different type of player.
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2015-01-29 20:07:42  
Thank you guys so much for the amazing backread, made me enjoy this food so much more.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 20:21:34  
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-31 07:11:47  
Hey Guys and gals we got ourselves an explosive week 2 i will start with EU, Get your favorite beverages and foods and get pumped !!!

EU
Week 2 day 1 top 3 picks

Unicorns of Love vs GIANTS

Fnatic vs ROCCAT

Elements vs Copenhagen Wolves

Week 2 day 2 top picks

Elements vs ROCCAT

SK Gaming vs Unicorns of Love

page 568 Week 1 for both EU and NA
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-01-31 07:26:11  
had a crazy game as Taric, i'm bringing him back, even though leona may be my favorite. I am waiting to do my placement matches for season 5.

Taric 1-0-21
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-31 08:42:53  
Ryze Updates, Kass VU updates
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-02-01 10:52:53  
The unreliable hook winning the game tho

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-01 11:28:17  
I feel dirty every time CLG wins a game. He had good hooks in the previous week, too, it's a good sight.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2015-02-03 11:20:29  
Thank god I missed that conversation about skillshots:
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-02-03 23:42:57  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Hey Guys and gals we got ourselves an explosive week 2 i will start with EU, Get your favorite beverages and foods and get pumped !!!

EU
Week 2 day 1 top 3 picks

Unicorns of Love vs GIANTS

Fnatic vs ROCCAT

Elements vs Copenhagen Wolves

Week 2 day 2 top picks

Elements vs ROCCAT

SK Gaming vs Unicorns of Love

page 568 Week 1 for both EU and NA

Personally I find NA better than EU to watch and follow

I personally feel that in terms of how good teams are between NA and EU it would go something like Top 4 NA > Top 3/maybe 4 EU > Rest of NA > Who cares about anything that is left.

I mean there is always going to be the case of a team winning when they really should not, but EU really put up a shitty showing at worlds, and I do not think this year will be any different.

and in terms of who is actually good it's probably something along the lines of CLG being the top in NA (being a TSM fanboy this is hard to say) with TSM in my opinion being second, and after that you have C9 and then Liquid in 4th place (Lol curse curse) with the EU teams behind them being Fnatic at the top in EU because of their Korean Jungler and their new mid laner, then probably SK because I feel that in games that matter their lack of vision will come to bite them in the ***, then Elements or UoL. I feel that Elements has a limited potential due to their playstyle, and they won't be able to do much on an international stage as the game continues to progress unless they maybe get rid of Nyph and Wickd. UoL probably has the most potential for being a top team due to how they win with things that some people may consider more weak now that they've been nerf or because they've never been played. They sort of understand what it takes to win when playing against people that are better than them.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-02-03 23:43:26  
also late but dat dat DJ sona
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-04 01:41:59  
Hey sorry serj I was busy to post north America's but yeah I agree I like na better but there has been so many changes to rosters lately. Fnatic is looking good with the only returning player as support.it is way to early to say who is really #1 we got two splits before the regional tournament starts off then world tourney. We got one helluvah season starting off though. It feels like season 1 and 2 with tsm and clg being the top teams. But its a 3 way tie. T8 is also number 1 I think.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-04 01:46:24  
I remember hearing dyrus with shots fired day 2 week 2. He talked about 4th place curse aka liquid. I kept thinking of dyrus prank calling saint vicious even if he isn't on team liquid. " hello....uhhh is 4th place there ...I'm trying to reach curse 4th place" then saint would be in a drunk rage lol
By Serj 2015-02-04 04:25:01  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Hey sorry serj I was busy to post north America's but yeah I agree I like na better but there has been so many changes to rosters lately. Fnatic is looking good with the only returning player as support.it is way to early to say who is really #1 we got two splits before the regional tournament starts off then world tourney. We got one helluvah season starting off though. It feels like season 1 and 2 with tsm and clg being the top teams. But its a 3 way tie. T8 is also number 1 I think.

I didn't say anything to you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-04 07:35:06  
SK is the only team that felt good to watch so far. I'm hoping for Gravity to finish in the top 3 just to make a point.

As for Elements, it's a big disappointment but Wickd has had the same status for many seasons, I really don't get why they don't replace him. I don't remember seeing an official comment about it either. He's costing mad money at this point.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-02-05 11:14:16  
I can see that Schutz still lurks this thread without ever playing league with people
First Page 2 3 ... 574 575 576 ... 577 578 579