RNG Legs?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG Legs?
RNG Legs?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-08-01 13:27:41  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
My point was focused more on the fact he is recommending Oily, which are worse than Pahluwan, over something much easier, and cheaper (free, infact) to obtain.

Pahluwans are not free, and never have been. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

As for all these people sayin which leg piece is best... my personal advice would be to ignore everything you've just read here lol. I say this because there is no single 'best' leg piece for ranger... it's always going to vary based on the user, target, strategy, food, other gear, and specific action. Oh right, welcome to like every piece of gear ever created in FFXI.

Good rule of thumb when choosing equipment for any slot on Ranger is going to be use R.Acc for regular TP shots, heavy STR+ and R.Att for weapon skills, and back to R.Acc for Barrages. Obviously, you can mix and match during these phases to accomodate for larger amounts of R.Acc or R.Att based on your target. It's also become common for many Rangers to utilize heavy Store TP setups during certain events (Dynamis, Einherjar) where WS spams are more effective than straight DoT through ranged attacks (like many HNM fights).

It's always going to vary... surprised people still havent figured this out yet after 8 years lol

Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 13:28:01  
Because of the update, people will be subbing SAM a lot more... Making those going for an X hit build more and more common. Not raising that as an argument, just throwing it out there. =)

I can't imagine ever subbing WAR again. Sekkanoki is just too incredible, lol.

Edit: Had the same post twice...
 Leviathan.Noxious
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Nitrous
By Leviathan.Noxious 2010-08-01 13:29:29  
Carbuncle.Lileana said:

How do you get Oily are most Accurate?

W/ 30% AGI mod, oily pushes the acc past dusk's acc -- but only for ws, like I said. Don't tp in them.

Also, you can't say pahluwan legs are ALWAYS better than oily trousers. They're situational pieces. If your acc is not capped, why would you use a marginally acceptable attack piece over the most accurate ws piece?..

I agree that Barrage+1 isn't that spectacular. The best attribute of barrage is that it not only does substantial damage, but has the potential to yield 100%+ tp. But Barrage+2? I think the damage from two additional shots are worth losing acc from wyrmal/Seiryu hands and losing a small amount of acc from dusk/aurore.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-01 13:29:56  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Since the update, it's more and more common for people to /SAM on RNG. Infact they probably should because of Sekkanoki, but anyway. This means it's more likely people will be after an X hit build, since /SAM gives them an instant +15 towards it.

Which means Skadi / Gules are more likely to be the item of choice for TPing.

Because of the update, people will be subbing SAM a lot more... Making those going for an X hit build more and more common. Not raising that as an argument, just throwing it out there. =)

I can't imagine ever subbing WAR again. Sekkanoki is just too incredible, lol.
Lots of people will sub sam just for sekka and have NO IDEA wth a "xhit build" is:P "Wah? 6hit? Pft, a ranger just shoot!"
 Fairy.Haxorking
サーバ: Fairy
user: Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-08-01 13:36:58  
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
If you have Skadi you would be much better going racc/barrage+1 for ASA and using that instead of AF+1 hands.
Useing Blood/crimson in hand slot will be much better results for barrage then any legs you can equip.

There's a problem if you do that though.

If you use Blood Fng. Gauntlets and Tassets for a 7 hit barrage You'd have the following stats:

Agi+2 Racc+18 Ratk+11 Barrage+1

Whereas if you used Hunter's +1 and ASA pants to make a 7 hit barrage you'd have the following stats:

AGI+8 Racc+7 Ratk+7 Barrage+1

Now, obviously the Blood Fng. Gauntlets have an advantage of Racc+8 (Incld. AGI) and Ratk+4

The problem is, you have to make sacrifices to your TP/WS gear to do this.

When you compare Skadi Chausses and Desultor Tassets, you get a difference of AGI+2 Racc+3 Ratk+2 in favor Desultor (Assuming you're not going for an xhit setup). So you'd essentially be sacrificing AGI+2 Racc+3 Ratk+2 on your normal hits and weaponskills for Racc+8 Ratk+4 on barrage only, totally not worth it
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 13:37:57  
Leviathan.Noxious said:
W/ 30% AGI mod, oily pushes the acc past dusk's acc -- but only for ws, like I said. Don't tp in them.

The AGI modifier on WS's only contributes to the damage formula. AGI standalone will always increase ranged accuracy, but in the actual formula of weapon skills, it'll only contribute (and very marginally) to the damage. The modifier does not raise accuracy.
Leviathan.Noxious said:
Also, you can't say pahluwan legs are ALWAYS better than oily trousers. They're situational pieces. If your acc is not capped, why would you use a marginally acceptable attack piece over the most accurate ws piece?..

You're not considering the point people have raised. Your point is, Oily Trousers are the most accurate weapon skill piece. Our point is, no it's not, and it actually costs more than the most accurate weapon skill piece.

Oily Trousers cost 400k and provide 7.5 accuracy. Dusk Legs cost 80-100k and provide +10 accuracy. Why pay more for less? That is our point, not whether Pahluwan are better. In the context of damage, Pahluwan are miles better than Oily. But yes, you are correct, this depends on the circumstance and it would be wrong to outright say "These are better than that".

In the context of "better", Pahluwan are, because the cost of said items has constantly been brought up.
Leviathan.Noxious said:
I agree that Barrage+1 isn't that spectacular. The best attribute of barrage is that it not only does substantial damage, but has the potential to yield 100%+ tp. But Barrage+2? I think the damage from two additional shots are worth losing acc from wyrmal/Seiryu hands and losing a small amount of acc from dusk/aurore.

It's a fair point, and one of those points that will always come down to a Ranger's preference.
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Pahluwans are not free, and never have been. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

They cost 0 gil, which makes them free. Take your semantics debate elsewhere.
[+]
 Remora.Nitrous
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Nitrous 2010-08-01 13:38:30  
Btw, having mentioned the Shantotto legs...

I disagree w/ the Barrage augment since the cap raise. W/ the addition of the Conserve TP trait and Conserve TP equipment, ranger ws sets should soon be changing.
 Leviathan.Noxious
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Noxious 2010-08-01 13:38:59  
Remora.Nitrous said:
Btw, having mentioned the Shantotto legs...

I disagree w/ the Barrage augment since the cap raise. W/ the addition of the Conserve TP trait and Conserve TP equipment, ranger ws sets should soon be changing.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-01 13:39:54  
Nothing is free. Unless it is litterally handed to you for 0 effort. It's not semantics it's common sense
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 13:41:12  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Nothing is free. Unless it is litterally handed to you for 0 effort. It's not semantics it's common sense

It costs 0 gil. That's the point that was made.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-01 13:42:16  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
It costs 0 gil. That's the point that was made.
True it cost 0 gil. 0 gil does not mean free though
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 13:43:39  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
True it cost 0 gil. 0 gil does not mean free though

We could use that argument against anyone on any item. What is it even saying? It does not change the fact Pahluwan Legs cost you 0 gil, and that Oily Trousers cost you 400k.

We've been into these 'Time is money' debates plenty of times, so I'm not really going to get drawn into another one.
 Fairy.Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-08-01 13:44:02  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

That's true however, most people would rather do assaults, or missions, quests, or even NMs if they have a linkshell to do them, rather than farming the gil to just buy the item

It's like choosing between rolling a boulder up a hill, and rolling a boulder down a hill. In both cases you still have to roll the boulder, but one method of doing so is obviously preferable
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-01 13:46:36  
In fact for me assualts items "cost" more than any other legs I can buy because I am litterally spending all my assualt points on salvage.
 Sylph.Washburn
サーバ: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2010-08-01 13:48:16  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Sylph.Washburn said:
Barrage +1 SUCKS. If you happen to get Hunter's Bracers +1, yeah, go for it, but don't beat yourself up over it. Barrage works like this: It's like shooting arrows in rapid succession, so, if you shoot 8 arrows from having barrage +2, and Arrow number 4 misses, all the arrows after that will miss also. The more Barrage+ gear you have is only going to make a difference IF all arrows land. So, it would suck to pass up on RNG acc and RNG attk for ASA legs. The dmg you would be gaining between barrage attempts will more than make up for the extra arrow in barrage. So, if you're doing ASA, Go for Ranged Accuracy +7 and Ranged Attack +7.
From my understanding 66% > 0%. How does Barrage +1 suck? If you have not got Skadis, sure, perhaps you're better off getting the Skadi-esque ASA legs. But if you do have Skadi's (or gil, in which case, Gules +1), there isn't really an excuse that justifies not getting the Barrage +1.

If you have Skadi, yes, then you could use it for a situational piece, but like I said, if you're using ASA legs, putting Barrage +1 over Rng Acc +7 or Rng Attk +7 would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. The odds of landing the 8th arrow @ 66% thats IF the other 7 land. Not 66% of the time you'll land all 8. Hell, arrow #1 could miss and you'd whiff 8 arrows.

I've seriously been debating dropping mine and going with Ranged Attk+7 and Conserve TP +5, now that it's a RNG trait at lv 80. Not sure on the math and how much TP it will save after a WS, but atm the most I get is like 31% left over after a WS.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 13:51:16  
Sylph.Washburn said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Sylph.Washburn said:
Barrage +1 SUCKS. If you happen to get Hunter's Bracers +1, yeah, go for it, but don't beat yourself up over it. Barrage works like this: It's like shooting arrows in rapid succession, so, if you shoot 8 arrows from having barrage +2, and Arrow number 4 misses, all the arrows after that will miss also. The more Barrage+ gear you have is only going to make a difference IF all arrows land. So, it would suck to pass up on RNG acc and RNG attk for ASA legs. The dmg you would be gaining between barrage attempts will more than make up for the extra arrow in barrage. So, if you're doing ASA, Go for Ranged Accuracy +7 and Ranged Attack +7.
From my understanding 66% > 0%. How does Barrage +1 suck? If you have not got Skadis, sure, perhaps you're better off getting the Skadi-esque ASA legs. But if you do have Skadi's (or gil, in which case, Gules +1), there isn't really an excuse that justifies not getting the Barrage +1.

If you have Skadi, yes, then you could use it for a situational piece, but like I said, if you're using ASA legs, putting Barrage +1 over Rng Acc +7 or Rng Attk +7 would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. The odds of landing the 8th arrow @ 66% thats IF the other 7 land. Not 66% of the time you'll land all 8. Hell, arrow #1 could miss and you'd whiff 8 arrows.

I've seriously been debating dropping mine and going with Ranged Attk+7 and Conserve TP +5, now that it's a RNG trait at lv 80. Not sure on the math and how much TP it will save after a WS, but atm the most I get is like 31% left over after a WS.

I agree completely with you. The 8th hit is barely worth it, especially as to get that eight hit you need to drop a considerable amount of accuracy.

However, outright saying the 8th hit is pointless isn't true. You have very low odds of hitting it, (generally to the point where it isn't worth it), but it's still more odds than not having the eighth hit at all.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-01 13:52:29  
Actually no. Assuming capped accuracy IF the other 7 hit you now have a 95% chance of landing the 8th. If you are capped you have a total of 66% chance of hitting all 8. Which means yes a 66% chance to get 1 more hit.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 13:53:33  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually no. Assuming capped accuracy IF the other 7 hit you now have a 95% chance of landing the 8th. If you are capped you have a total of 66% chance of hitting all 8. Which means yes a 66% chance to get 1 more hit.

Now that really is pedantic, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-01 13:56:03  
Perhaps but it is significantly more accurate then saying you have 66% chance to land a single hit when you have 95% accuracy independent of other hits... especially when you only have a 69% chance to even get there. Makes it sound like you only have 45ish% of hitting all 8
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 13:56:44  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Perhaps but it is significantly more accurate then saying 66% of the time if you land all 7 before which is 69%.

True... But still pedantic!

I assumed we all knew that anyway when we were referring to a 66% on the 8th hit. The hit alone is obviously 95% since the accuracy of barrage does not diminish over hits.
 Fairy.Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-08-01 13:58:08  
If you want to calculate the likelihood of landing all hits in a barrage with a given accuracy% you'd use the following formula

(Hit Ratio)^(# of hits)

For example, if you have a hit ratio of 95% and an 8 hit barrage:

(0.95)^8 = 0.6634

So 66.34%
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-01 13:58:30  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Perhaps but it is significantly more accurate then saying 66% of the time if you land all 7 before which is 69%.
True... But still pedantic!

I assumed we all knew that anyway when we were referring to a 66% on the 8th hit. The hit alone is obviously 95% since the accuracy of barrage does not diminish over hits.
I would've assumed the same thing if it wasn't for this which is what I was responding to...
Sylph.Washburn said:
The odds of landing the 8th arrow @ 66% thats IF the other 7 land. Not 66% of the time you'll land all 8.
 Sylph.Shadida
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-08-01 14:25:28  
The ASA Barrage pants are worth it. Even if you're not a believer in the 8-hit Barrage (which is amazing when it lands, works great in zergs with Feint on) you can use it instead of Htr. Bracers +1 and get Seiryu's Kote for a 7-hit barrage.

My legs for RNG are:

Skadi when it's needed for hit build
Sct. Braccae +1 for general purpose TP or Enmity- set
Hachiryu for WS

When I get Entois Trousers that will be my choice for general TP when the STP isn't needed from Skadi.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-08-01 14:29:45  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:

lol I literally just lost a few brain cells.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-01 14:34:31  
Sylph.Shadida said:
When I get Entois Trousers that will be my choice for general TP when the STP isn't needed from Skadi.

I'm looking forward to saving a marginal amount of money whilst maintaining the same ratt stats. =D
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:

lol I literally just lost a few brain cells.

Be careful you hang on to your last few then!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-01 14:44:36  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Sylph.Shadida said:
I'm looking forward to saving a marginal amount of money whilst maintaining the same ratt stats. =D
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the main good thing on legs was the store tp... and the actual money cost of the legs is hardly anything. Sadly lolhead cost way way more
 Cerberus.Miniweak
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lilg
By Cerberus.Miniweak 2010-08-02 23:17:30  
Just to clarify, you do not "miss" the rest of the arrows when 1 arrow misses. You simply just stop meaning no ammo is lost after the first miss.