users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Double Shot Activation Test Results
Double Shot Activation Test Results
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 15:54:48  
I've finished my testing with Double Shot, and although it's nothing fascinating, I thought someone might want to know them.

Basically I shot 1000 bullets under the effect of double shot to see approximately how much it procs. I also used it on 39 weapon skills with Double Shot active to see if it works on weapon skills.

Using Hellfire +1, so there's no occasionally attacks twice tricks from my gun.

In 1000 shots, double shot activated 312 times, so 312/1000 ~ 39/125 shots were a double shot. We can safely assume that double shot seems to have a roughly ~30% activation rate.

On the weapon skills, all 39 of them were standard, within the floor and roof damage weapon skills for my setup. I have weapon skilled extensively in kuftal testing out AGI and stuff, so I know what my RNG can do.

So to clarify, on all 39 weapon skills, there was no spike in damage. Whilst 39 weapon skills is not as big a testing margin as I would like, the fact it's 0/39 seems to be pretty conclusive to me - Someone else can test weapon skills more extensively if they like.

I can't do maths very well so hopefully Raen can work some magic with these figures. Not much else to say really, though I went through 1200 bullets for this, why was I missing Crabs so much? lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 15:58:02  
Not seeing how using 1200 bullets that much. I mean 1000 shots that hit and 312 double shotting... that should be 1312 alone.

Also how did you conclude you had doubleshotted on normal shots?
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 16:00:23  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Not seeing how using 1200 bullets that much. I mean 1000 shots that hit and 312 double shotting... that should be 1312 alone

Lol, I didn't account for the double shots. Add another 300ish to the total bullet count. Like I said - hopeless with maths is an understatement.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 16:01:52  
Also did you determine double shot proc by tp or by bullet comsumption. If consumption do you have any recycle? I assume capped hit rate on them?

Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 16:03:53  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also did you determine double shot proc by tp or by bullet comsumption. If consumption do you have any recycle?

I was keeping track both by the log and bullet consumption, since missed attacks can still count as double shots, but don't give me any TP.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 16:05:55  
Does the log say 2 attacks? Never actually seen multi ranged shots lol.

And double shot procs regardless of weather 1st shot misses or not?
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 16:07:03  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Does the log say 2 attacks? Never actually seen multi ranged shots lol.

And double shot procs regardless of weather 1st shot misses or not?

Yes and yes.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 16:08:59  
Nice. Certainly make things a bit easier. Not bad at all then.

Now the big question how does it work with the 2-3 gun?
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 16:09:52  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Now the big question how does it work with the 2-3 gun?

Unfortunately I can't test that as I don't have one, nor will have one for awhile. =\
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 16:10:51  
Too bad you can't full time the ja and the whole shared recast with unlimited shot
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-04 16:21:43  
With 95% WSacc, odds of landing a 30% procrate Double Attack are 28.5%, or 285/1000 (57/200).

I am not familiar with probability math so people can feel free to pick this apart, but the odds of you not getting a DA given a 30% Double Attack rate and assuming it is possible is 143/200. The odds of this occurring 39 times in a row is (143/200)^39. Converting to a percentage, this is 0.0002079%.

Now I'm not sure if I've done this right since these are independent events etc and someone can correct me if not, but given a 30% procrate in theory it should be pretty clear that it does not proc during weaponskill.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 16:26:20  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
With 95% WSacc, odds of landing a 30% procrate Double Attack are 28.5%, or 285/1000 (57/200).

I am not familiar with probability math so people can feel free to pick this apart, but the odds of you not getting a DA given a 30% Double Attack rate and assuming it is possible is 143/200. The odds of this occurring 39 times in a row is (143/200)^39. Converting to a percentage, this is 0.0002079%.

Now I'm not sure if I've done this right since these are independent events etc and someone can correct me if not, but given a 30% procrate in theory it should be pretty clear that it does not proc during weaponskill.

Love you~
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 16:28:48  
Btw, 39/40 weapon skills hit. Was using Slug Shot as I know exactly how much that should do.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 16:29:09  
Techically the 143/200 would be the odds of not getting DA or if he did it missed.

But yeah it would look the same assuming he used something like slug shot or something with a decently high ftp.

That way first hit missing and 2nd hit connecting with higher pdif don't get confused with just first hit with low pdif.

There is also the chance of 2nd hit having stupid low acc like someone I know hear the new 2hit ranged attacks do.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 16:32:10  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Techically the 143/200 would be the odds of not getting DA or if he did it missed.

But yeah it would look the same assuming he used something like slug shot or something with a decently high ftp.

That way first hit missing and 2nd hit connecting with higher pdif don't get confused with just first hit with low pdif.

There is also the chance of 2nd hit having stupid low acc like someone I know hear the new 2hit ranged attacks do.

Alas, I did not record how often the second hit missed. I have the log saved somewhere so I could fish this statistic out, but it would take awhile and I really cba doing it today.

It's all timestamped so I won't be looking at the next attack's hit or anything.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-04 16:35:48  
Rng is my main, and ive used it a ton since the update. Now this isnt conclusive testing but, in all the time ive used it ive never seen 1 WS get extra dmg with double shot up. And thats 10 hr abyssea pts and HNMs and a bunch of other ***. I dont have any exact numbers, but ive had double shot up and WSed an assload of times, and its never happened
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 16:43:35  
Actually now that I think about it at some Cratios if pdif rolls right a double attack proc could do less dmg then a non-double attack proc assuming it could happen. Or at least close enough where lvl differences between mobs could throw it off

Tracking tp might be a better way of doing it. Though since I can't find a conserve tp rate might have to do it at lvl 79 lol
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 16:45:59  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually now that I think about it at some Cratios if pdif rolls right a double attack proc could do less dmg then a non-double attack proc assuming it could happen.

Tracking tp might be a better way of doing it. Though since I can't find a conserve tp rate might have to do it at lvl 79 lol

When I was testing AGI on WS's and stuff awhile back I had an average WS damage, 1025 iirc, on these Crabs. I have a rough roof from those weapon skills that my damage never exceeded in this test. Ditto for floor as well, although that was partially higher. I have every WS's damage recorded if you want it.
By Raldo 2010-08-04 16:48:13  
You could also just watch how many bullets get used after a WS to see if it fired two. Though with all the evidence provided, in both deliberate research and anecdotal, I'm convinced it doesn't proc in WS.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 16:59:17  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually now that I think about it at some Cratios if pdif rolls right a double attack proc could do less dmg then a non-double attack proc assuming it could happen. Tracking tp might be a better way of doing it. Though since I can't find a conserve tp rate might have to do it at lvl 79 lol
When I was testing AGI on WS's and stuff awhile back I had an average WS damage, 1025 iirc, on these Crabs. I have a rough roof from those weapon skills that my damage never exceeded in this test. Ditto for floor as well, although that was partially higher. I have every WS's damage recorded if you want it.
What I meant was it was possible for a low pdif roll on double attack to do less than your max dmg. Which changes the odds a little.

Though with 5.0 ftp there is no way you could confuse first hit missing and 2nd connecting lol.
 Hades.Rugg
サーバ: Hades
user: Mollie
By Hades.Rugg 2010-08-04 17:01:36  
does unlimited shot merited help the cooldown of Double shot
? or would it still be 3min cd
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 17:01:53  
Hades.Rugg said:
does unlimited shot merited help the cooldown of Double shot
? or would it still be 3min cd

Sadly not.
 Sylph.Shadida
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-08-08 20:26:08  
I have OAT Spitfire, it stacks with it, but I can still only do two attacks in one round. So, if the OAT from the gun doesn't proc, then the OAT from Double Shot still has a chance. My overall double attack rate for my latest Odin fight was about 55%.