日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Remora » Reirii will steal your NM
Reirii will steal your NM
First Page 2 3 4 5
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-18 00:03:45  
I hate being this guy complaining publically about being done wrong by someone in-game, but I was trying to camp CCC today and got it stolen from me.

I put in all the work of killing the placeholder routinely and then once he popped, I was finishing my boost for chi blast when REIRII came out of nowhere and stole him from me. I was standing right in front of him. There was no mistaking it that it was mine. But, he came up and claimed him just before I could... and for the whole fight, I stared at him. I got in between CCC and him and spammed my stare.

It's probably not worth telling a GM about this. It's my fault for trying to buff up with the chi blast. Should have just grabbed him. But, jesus christ, have some manners. It's not like I was camping it the whole day or anything.

I would recommend that you search your area before doing anything important to see if Reirii is in the area. If so, please watch your back.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-18 00:06:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Well, I know I'm not from Remora, but this happens all the time, on any server. People sit back and watch others kill PHs then rush in for the NM claim. It sucks major butt, and really is rude, but not a thing a GM can do.

All comes down to common courtesy, which appearently isn't so common after all.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-18 00:26:30  
I understand. I've made a /say macro that says [Notorious Monster] [mine] [Thank You]. I plan on spamming this if I'm ever in a situation like that again. And will chi blast right away to claim it.

I've only been playing this game for about 3-4 months now. And this is the first nasty thing to happen to really happen to me. I suppose it's a good lesson to learn early.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-18 00:32:48  
This has happened to me a few times; I complained about it on another forum a while back and basically got told "you don't own the NM", "it's a dog eat dog world", "claim faster", etc. That really pissed me off, as I had been camping and killing place holders for quite a while when it happened, and the community on that forum was entirely unsupportive, and even a little nasty about it. When I explained how I wouldn't go and deliberately camp an NM someone else was obviously camping, I pretty much got called an idiot for that bit of courtesy. And when I explained how I "stare spammed" the person that stole it from me, I got told that I was "harassing" that other player, and that was a violation of the TOS. Needless to say, I no longer post on those forums...they would *** about someone asking a simple question and how it clogged up the forums, but the 8 billions threads about the same endgame gear and mathematical formulas for calculating WSs were A-OK. In other words, they sucked...[/RANT]

Ok, I'm better now...

That being said, I've pretty much come to expect that the community in FFXI is pretty much the same way as those forums were. Some of us wouldn't think of stealing an NM like that, and just come back another day when no one was around (it's bound to happen eventually) or at least ASK someone first, but more people would just as soon show up out of nowhere and steal it out from under you. Because of that, from now on, if you see an NM, just try and grab it. Don't be courteous, cause it'll be unappreciated. It goes against my nature to be that way...but they're gonna do it to you, so do it right back. Like I was told on that other forum, "When it comes to NMs, there's no nicey-nicey".

Sorry that happened to you man. I hope you can get it next time without any of that crap...
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-18 00:44:42  
I feel your pain, dude! Very similar.

I've found that if you talk to people, they are generally very receptive and not intentionally trying to work you over. But, this guy was eager to beat me to claiming it. I won't ever do that to someone, even if they are fully prepared to do it to me. But, I will be claiming it quicker next time. Bet your ***.
 Fairy.Vylandra
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2009-01-18 01:29:37  
I honestly don't see a problem with what happened to you. I mean, it's a NM. That's the way the game works so you might as well get used to this. If I was camping an NM with you and you were constantly killing the PH why should we fight over the placeholder?

Even if this person just came up out of nowhere and beat you to the claim there's nothing saying that specific NM was "yours". Laying claim to an NM before you physically claim it isn't the way it works. It might be viewed as assholish by some, which I honestly don't understand at all, but this is the world of NMs. Either you get the claim or you don't. Nobody stole anything from you tbh.

"If its yellow, its free game." is what a GM would tell you.

Just because you killed the PH's doesn't mean that the NM is actually yours.

The strategy this person is using is simply this;

Let you kill PH's so he/she can focus on claiming the NM, while you get to worry about the NM AND the PH's.

Personally, when there's people around for an NM, especially hard ones, I let them take care of PH's links - saves me the trouble of possibly losing too much HP/MP for when something pops. >.>

And of course, there's no point in fighting for PH's... I don't particularly like getting /slapped for killing a PH.

However, it DOES suck that people do that. Unfortunately, this game ends up being a "feed people their own medicine" contest. I can't count how many times I've lost an NM because of people doing that. It happened so much that I decided I'd stop killing PH's - I viewed it as giving them an NM they don't deserve.

Some people will be really stubborn about it. When I used to try for O.Kote, there were about 12 people there... They all watched as I killed PH's, then would rush to claim NM. I stopped killing PH's...these people didn't move for like three hours. I received a few angry /emotes and /tells for not killing the PH "for them", but hey, not my problem, right? lol

In all honesty, if you're camping something and see people just letting you kill PH - stop. Let them do the work. They'll either kill PH's, or leave.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-18 01:59:12  
Ultimately, I suck for not grabbing it quicker / right away. But, the acceptance of cutthroatness as the norm is sad, especially on lesser-camped NM's. It's one more way for this game to feel like Work.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-18 02:08:00  
Aledacia said:
In all honesty, if you're camping something and see people just letting you kill PH - stop. Let them do the work. They'll either kill PH's, or leave.
Good advice, but this guy swooped in like Batman. He must have been hiding somewhere because I didn't see anybody while I was boosting.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-18 02:17:25  
Disintegration said:
He must have been hiding somewhere because I didn't see anybody while I was boosting.

I'm sure he was...I was camping Ashmaker down in Yughott Grotto back when the Priest's Robe went for like 120k, and he got stolen from me by some taru that was hiding behind a rock. Didn't even know he was there until Ash popped and he came out from behind it and quick Dia'd him (I was across the room at the time, lucky me).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-01-18 02:32:25  
this is exactly why if you kill the PH the NM should pop claimed to you. just my opinion.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-18 02:32:44  
Bartimaeus said:
I used to live in Yughott Grotto :x

Me too! It was a great place to make some money back in the day; go mining for a couple hours until near full of iron/zinc/darksteel/gold ore, then camp Ash for a while...you could come out of there with a couple hundred grand in ores and drops for three hours work.

Or course now prices have dropped, and I haven't mined in almost 2 years lol

Sorry off topic, just felt nostalgiac for a moment ^^

Disintegration said:
Aledacia said:
Good advice, but this guy swooped in like Batman. He must have been hiding somewhere because I didn't see anybody while I was boosting.

I've had such a bad problem with it in the past, that I tab key around just to see if anyone is in the pop region, and do /sea to see if there is possible competition. @_@ If I don't find anyone, and still lose claim, I figure its safe to say the person was lucky and walking through, and found the NM before me. ;s It happens. T_T

I definitely agree NM's should pop to whomever killed the PH though... Like Despot.

And HNM's should be popped via items!!!
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-01-18 03:21:06  
This same crap has happened to me plenty of times. Which pushed me to hope SE would implement some kind of super-rare pop-item(s) that was(were) required to pop nms quite a while back. Guess they heard me and came up with ZNMs, only downside to these is how you have to have a party/alliance to win(unless you leveled RDM to 75 first). . .but yeah. I've tried cooperating with people saying "Let's camp it together. Then we'll lot and stay so the other person can get it." But I guess people are just some greedy, self-centered, egotistical characters and there is nothing you can do about that.
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
サーバ: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2009-01-18 03:58:24  
Disintegration said:
I hate being this guy complaining publically about being done wrong by someone in-game, but I was trying to camp CCC today and got it stolen from me.

I put in all the work of killing the placeholder routinely and then once he popped, I was finishing my boost for chi blast when REIRII came out of nowhere and stole him from me. I was standing right in front of him. There was no mistaking it that it was mine. But, he came up and claimed him just before I could... and for the whole fight, I stared at him. I got in between CCC and him and spammed my stare.

It's probably not worth telling a GM about this. It's my fault for trying to buff up with the chi blast. Should have just grabbed him. But, jesus christ, have some manners. It's not like I was camping it the whole day or anything.

I would recommend that you search your area before doing anything important to see if Reirii is in the area. If so, please watch your back.

Disintegration said:
I was finishing my boost for chi blast

Don't be a moron and waste time if you're just gonna whine about it later.

Quote:
There was no mistaking it that it was mine.

No it wasn't, it was yellow, fair game.

Quote:
It's not like I was camping it the whole day or anything.

So why are you complaining?

Quote:
I've made a /say macro that says [Notorious Monster] [mine] [Thank You]. I plan on spamming this if I'm ever in a situation like that again.

I'm sure you'll be popularly known on the server as the person who qqs every time he has competition for an NM, I hope to god you don't start end game.
[+]
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-18 04:09:28  
Ok here's my take on this:

You feel cheated because you failed to lay claim to it before he did, i guess it's kind of understandable since you did the work but all in all it's a failure on your own part to lay claim. Live and learn, i think you taking this to a forum board to whine/cry/give this guy a bad name to be a bit extreme, it's not like he MPK'd you or stole a kracken club lol.

You slander this guy for all who read this board to see, when what he did was very normal, fair, and quite simply it's how the game works.

If you're camping a NM and it pops claim it, dont buff especially something as lame as chi blast. I would think most people would just say 'oh well, it was my fault for trying to needlessly buff up that gay *** JA' and learn from it rather than publicly bashing this player on a forum but hey whatever floats your boat.

The thing that is LOL about this is i highly doubt anyone from your server gives a ***, will refuse to invite him to exp, or will watch out for this guy in any way shape or form due to your attempt at slandering him or by you sharing your pathetic sob story of an experience.

Unless of course this was just some /emo attempt at grabbing some attention, in which case maybe you succeeded because you did get a couple responses. Surprisingly, no one told you to just go /wrists yet, guess i will.

Go /wrists.

You wasted time complaining when you could have been out practicing NM claiming for your next encounter with this heartless *** who "steals" unclaimed, yellow mobs.

I hope i don't sound like too much of a *** but... seriously this thread was stupid.

"But, the acceptance of cutthroatness as the norm is sad" <- FFXI really is like the real world. The sooner you learn this the better off you are, you live in some kind of delusion if you think otherwise, everywhere you go people have hidden agendas especially in this video game where there is zero accountability.
 Remora.Krimsonrose
By Remora.Krimsonrose 2009-01-18 04:48:58  
I don't know who Reirii is but I have had similar situations occur while camping for the O. kote. I never overcamp someone for a NM especially if they were there first. There is no point in acting like a jerk just to get an item that will be there tomorrow.

Noone likes to see all of their work go down the drain just because someone decided to wait for the NM to pop, knowing that they have the advantage because the other person is occupied with killing the placeholders. In fact, we have a phrase for this type of obnoxious, disrespectful behavior, it's called 'taking advantage of someone".

The only type of person who thinks this is ok to do is someone who has done or does this themselves.

It's just sad that these people pay a monthly fee do this passive aggressive behavior to compensate for their failures. It's obvious that something is missing besides common courtesy, and its called a "life".

Btw if you want to add someone to your lookout list, xxshadowxx also steals NM kills and I know this because they did it to me.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-18 05:15:56  
Am I the only person who isn't making the "CCC" reference in their head? Memory freeze...

Oh, and yeah, that sucks, but that's how the mechanics of the game are. Lesson learnt huh?

"You don't know the iron's hot until you touch it."
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-18 07:48:30  
Smurfo said:
I hope i don't sound like too much of a *** but... seriously this thread was stupid.
Have you ever posted anything here that wasn't dickful? Honestly.

You are a troll. And I am learning; cut me some slack.^^
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-18 08:26:06  
Disintegration:

Now you see what I was saying in an earlier post? While some of us have morals and wouldn't deliberately steal an NM from someone that's been dutifully killing PH's all day, many other would just say "ha ha *** that guy I didn't have to do ANY work, wheeeee!" and do exactly that. In the end, that courtesy is going to be rewarded with a huge "lolol sucker!!!!1!!1" on their part, if not the ubiquitous "{I'm sorry, I don't understand}" from the guy named Bigpimpin pretending they're JP.

You can be courteous all day, every day, but in the end if there's an NM out there that you're working for, and someone else shows up, that courtesy should go right out the window...and don't let them out of your sight. Like others said, if NMs were popped with rare drops from regular mobs, or they popped claimed or something, that'd be much better, because the system, the way it is now, is kinda broken and doesn't work against the "***" factor, like the recent changes in the coffer's do.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-18 08:58:17  
To everyone who added a flame to Disintegration.. yes plz do give this guy some slack...

BUT.. on the side note.. Dis.. , let me /welcome you to the game, you're new thats awesome..
H/E.. just keep reading these threads.. and keep trying to Pop Nm's you'll start to see a trend when you see ppl camping NM's and if there are ppl there. I was new and had the same problem when I was new, and all I did to correct the situation was just to either...

A) BRing more ppl to help me camp it ( Dia, Thf, Rgr, W.e)
B) Try to out camp him BY killing the phs ( one helluva job!)

You get the sense you've been cheated, but game logistics doesn't see it that way.. you need to just "UP" your game is all.

no harm, you see ppl be SOB's by doing this same thing letting a guy kill all the ph's and then snag the NM but I guess this will just will make you out to be one yourself, or find a way to be more sneakier.

Lemme tell you its a cutthroat world. Time to blend in!
 Fairy.Antigone
user: jarredpoe
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-01-18 09:19:44  
If its a lesser camped NM then I normaly ask or at least let them know that I'm there also for the item, But if your trying to get the Hairpin, Okote's, ect. then you should be ready for this to happen, I farm NMs once a week for the full day and I can tell you that if you are hunting the Okote's there will never be another day for you to comeback and be the only one there, there is alwasy someone there and if you are for somereason the only one there its because the NM just died and everyone went to the other room for the boots NM and they will be back in an hr for sure. I normaly kill the PHs myself because it seems that most ppl dont bother to find out what the PHs are and just kill random crap so I always take it upon myself to kill the proper PHs and time the spawn for the NM. I got use to the cut throat actions of other when camping the Imp fly back in the day but now I'm so good at hunting NMs that my LS always pays me to hunt there NMs for them but I'm sorry to say you will need to become cut throat also to get any good item from an NM. But I kill the PHs so I dont feel like as big an *** the ppl that just stand there and wait for NM and of course it gives me something to do for the couple hrs I'm there farming.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-18 11:23:59  
Disintegration said:
Smurfo said:

Cool, so all i have to do is speak my mind honestly to be branded a troll?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-18 11:35:59  
Smurfo said:

No, but telling someone:

Smurfo said:
Go /wrists.

isn't particularly helpful in getting your opinion across, or explaining a viewpoint, is it? Was it really necessary?
 Alexander.Harryxi
サーバ: Alexander
user: HarryXI
By Alexander.Harryxi 2009-01-18 11:41:55  
Another thing to consider if you're gonna camp a NM is timing. If you camp during the peak hours for NA or JP, you're probably gonna have some competition. If you got on during a Wednesday morning (not possible for many of us due to school/work/whatever) then you should have a much greater chance at claiming the mob.

Many people (myself included) will run past all the NM pop areas of a zone on their way through on the chance that a NM will be up and the camper will be snoozing. It's a rush to claim a NM and even more so to get the claim without having to play pat-a-cake with the placeholders. I'd recommend always being prepared and buffed up when you're camping, and you should try to make the claim as fast as humanly possible.

I'm not sure how well asking random people to join you in the NM hunt will go, but I've really never been asked. I've certainly been insulted for being a THF while camping NMs. I camped a few NMs with friends who wanted the drops also (Valkurm Emperor, Leaping Lizzy, etc) and sometimes it works out. I think you'll really get to know the caliber of your friendship when you have the low lot.
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Banefulsamurai 2009-01-18 11:42:12  
Smurfo said:
Disintegration said:
Smurfo said:
I hope i don't sound like too much of a *** but... i'm super cereal guys this thread was stupid.

Thats how I read it.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-18 11:51:11  
Banefulsamurai said:
Smurfo said:
Disintegration said:
Smurfo said:
I hope i don't sound like too much of a *** but... i'm super cereal guys this thread was stupid.

Thats how I read it.

Me too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-18 12:35:35

Well, I hope you took these responses as a learning experience and use the overall accepted nature of camping NMs to your advantage. There's an art to it, and practice will make you better at it. The only hard part is getting the drop -.-
First Page 2 3 4 5