フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » New step for DNC
New step for DNC
First Page 2
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-27 14:09:12  
Feather Step (DNC Lv.83 Ability Delay: 15 sec.)
Lowers a target's critical hit evasion. If successful, will earn you a finishing move.
*The recast timer for Feather Step is shared with Steps.

Somethings I like and don't like.

Like:
-You can now make sure your Critical Hit Bonus job trait procs more often.
-Dot might increase if the percentage rate of crit hits go up pretty substantially(level 5 daze = -25% critical hit evasion maybe?!)
-Evisceration Damage ftw. Epic Darkness SC ftw.

Dislike:
-I don't know if it is a typo but we only get 1 finishing move per successful hit.
-Why in the world is it -critical hit evasion!!! Why couldn't it have been -accuracy or -attack!
-It would have been acceptable if it openned up a Steps II category; but no, it shares a timer with the other more useful steps.

Here's How I am going to use it.

If by the off chance I have not reverse flourished at 4FM, I'll use Feather Step to max out to 5 without feeling I have lost a mysterious FM. Or maybe use it after I use climactic flourish(oh wait I don't really ever use that either).

So what are your thoughts/concerns?

Predictions about future steps:

__________ Step: lowers critical hit defense.
__________ Step: lowers magic critical hit evasion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-08-27 18:59:39  
Well if your doing another event and theres another dancer or two in the parties you can each get to use your own steps to get multiple debuffs on the mob/nm.

Or if your soloing some nm with alot of health you can occasionally throw this on!
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-27 20:40:52  
I totally forgot about the 2 DNC in an alliance situation. So yay another Pro to a new step.

Usually If I'm soloing an NM I focus my steps on stutter step to make sure violent flourish lands long enough to recast shadows when I'm dnc/nin.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-08-28 20:48:39  
I can't help but expect that this new step will be a disappointment :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-08-28 21:04:17  
a bonus is a bonus no matter how small, im lookin forward to it sorta :]
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-08-28 21:07:16  
I don't expect Dancer to get hooked up much more after that last update, after all we got Dual Wield which totally ma-

WHAT?!?! THF GETS IT NOW TOO?!

I hope you are wrong about the 1 FM thing. This might be nice for doing trials and such though depending on how much it decreases the crit eva. If we are just killing EP or something that we don't need the other steps or can just alt this one and box then maybe that would be cool. Maybe too for something like dyna where everyone is mauling everything anyway before you get more than one step in (might be better to use presto > feather for this). I dunno I just got back from a month long break and found Vanadiel in near total disarray, I'm still getting back into things.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-08-28 21:13:55  
presto + feather

good idea :3
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-08-28 21:26:53  
You guys are overreacting. Read your step description on your menu. Read one on POL. They are all "a finishing move". Christ. Way to start panic/rumors guys.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-08-30 01:58:33  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
You guys are overreacting. Read your step description on your menu. Read one on POL. They are all "a finishing move". Christ. Way to start panic/rumors guys.

Well, this is something I already knew, but I think that the step is still going to be disappointing. :)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-30 02:07:58  
SE couldn't really implement anything that would surpass Box Step for actual utility (at least until you cap pDIF), and the other two steps are generally just FM fodder... Improving critrate is probably the smartest thing they could do, especially given how many jobs favor crit weaponskills. Between Drakesbane, Vorpal Blade, and Evisceration in my own job spread I'm actually quite optimistic about this step.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-30 02:12:15  
I'm quite excited to see the crit bonus we get after lvl5 is stacked on..I hope it works well as my favorite Nyzul WS (Stringing Pummel) is a crit-TP based WS ^^
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-08-30 03:03:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
SE couldn't really implement anything that would surpass Box Step for actual utility (at least until you cap pDIF), and the other two steps are generally just FM fodder... Improving critrate is probably the smartest thing they could do, especially given how many jobs favor crit weaponskills. Between Drakesbane, Vorpal Blade, and Evisceration in my own job spread I'm actually quite optimistic about this step.

Stutter Step is also used for increasing the effectiveness of Violent Flourish.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-30 03:42:53  
I did say "generally".
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-30 14:29:27  
The only problem with presto is that it still shares a timer with other steps so I only use it when I know a mob is coming(like in WoE when the mobs are getting saced) and I can step in 15 seconds. Maybe SE will fix that too.
By yunalaysca 2010-08-31 02:05:34  
crit rate+ for evisceration, if you do the self dark sc it leads to a more constant big bang darkness.

personally i would use this step alot in tandom with box step.
By Nabis 2010-08-31 02:12:35  
really gtfo if ur not tanking on dnc u garbage
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-31 02:19:15  
lol stay in your lolthread.
By yunalaysca 2010-08-31 02:21:06  
o and as for future thoughts for dnc, dispel please
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-31 02:21:57  
yunalaysca said:
crit rate+ for evisceration, if you do the self dark sc it leads to a more constant big bang darkness. personally i would use this step alot in tandom with box step.

I could only really see it being beautiful at lvl 5 daze. You won't notice it much if it's a 5% vs. 13% increase. And, I'm pretty sure with your gear yuna, you don't even need this step to get good numbers haha.

And I wish I could rate up that dispel suggestion 10 more times lol
[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-08-31 02:29:34  
this is true, but idk im a crit *** and perhaps it'll prove more usefull in a party situation as well.

i would like to see some more heavy hitters pulling a couple more crits while i work on that free tp.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-31 02:32:03  
Do you use climactic flourish often?
By yunalaysca 2010-08-31 02:34:05  
yeah also a note: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SE

a week or so after the update you cant climax evis anymore.

nor does it seem to help boost violent flourish duration anymore :(
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-31 02:35:57  
I didn't think you could ever do that? I tested it and it only affected the first of the WS and the four following main hand hits were critical. IDK I never played around with it because it disappointed me just as much as presto ; ;.
By yunalaysca 2010-08-31 02:38:44  
yeah it used to rock with evis, 5 steps worked on the entire ws.

Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-31 02:43:09  
omg /drool. I'm mad I wasn't informed about this!
By yunalaysca 2010-08-31 02:48:32  
dont be, you'd be more mad knowing you had used it and cant anymore.

whats the saying when you taste it you want more and they just take it away?
 Phoenix.Icephase
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-08-31 07:14:02  
hi folks ...
just been leveling up dancer and i love it !!!
This job is fascinating after being a bit ..lets say bored with other job options.
personally think i found the job i like most :)

** yunalaysca and tristean - wanted to ask.. how can i do that big purple dark selfskill chain --is there a good macro
system that could help get the timing right.
Should i have to change gear from acc to strength..?
i use mainly acc + gear and sole sushi

please help if you can :)

Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-31 12:23:27  
Well, you need to get pyrrhic kleos from nyzul isle. Then you'll need 5/5 merits in reverse flourish. STP helps me personally if I don't pop saber dance but /sam usually fixes that. So 1/5 saber dance if you choose.

So you just evisceration > reverse flourish > pyrrhic kleos. Bam you just got your self a 2.5k damage SC.

Or if you don't PK yet, you can do it the long way.

Sekkanoki > Evisceration > Dancing Edge > Reverse Flourish > Evisceration. This set up could wield up to 7k which is crazy!!! I've only gotten to like 4k with it sadly :/. But then my WS gear is lol anyway haha.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-08-31 12:40:17  
Asura.Tristean said:
Well, you need to get pyrrhic kleos from nyzul isle. Then you'll need 5/5 merits in reverse flourish. STP helps me personally if I don't pop saber dance but /sam usually fixes that. So 1/5 saber dance if you choose.

So you just evisceration > reverse flourish > pyrrhic kleos. Bam you just got your self a 2.5k damage SC.

Or if you don't PK yet, you can do it the long way.

Sekkanoki > Evisceration > Dancing Edge > Reverse Flourish > Evisceration. This set up could wield up to 7k which is crazy!!! I've only gotten to like 4k with it sadly :/. But then my WS gear is lol anyway haha.

I don't have PK because no one does Nyzul, but I do this a lot and I definitely have seen ridiculous numbers <3
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-08-31 12:46:07  
I shouted my way through nyzul. It was a pain making all of my parties. Now, everyone and their mom sends me /tells saying, help me with nyzul, help me with nyzul. I'm like... where were you 4 months ago haha.
First Page 2