users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Soloing 63+
Soloing 63+
 Phoenix.Valefar
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-09-01 15:42:16  
I'm wondering where to solo at 63~ onwards now, preferably FoV areas if possible. I'm thinking cape terrigan, but not sure if I can handle it at my level, any thoughts/ comments/ tips to add?
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2010-09-01 15:45:15  
Phoenix.Valefar said:
I'm wondering where to solo at 63~ onwards now, preferably FoV areas if possible. I'm thinking cape terrigan, but not sure if I can handle it at my level, any thoughts/ comments/ tips to add?

For me it would depend on your job class...though...I can't see what job you are on.
 Hades.Lilyetti
サーバ: Hades
user: Lilyetti
By Hades.Lilyetti 2010-09-01 15:45:36  
you should be able to solor at cape terrigan just fine. stick with page 1 till you feel comfortable moving up
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2010-09-01 15:47:37  
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:

For me it would depend on your job class...though...I can't see what job you are on.

Oh ***...it's in the DNC forum...derp derp...

INB4 I get trolled hard.

I really think Cape would be fine at 63.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-09-01 15:48:13  
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Should leech an Abyssea with a friend. *hint*
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-09-01 15:50:00  
You should be able to handle page 1 in Cape Terrigan. The bunnies are lv 62-65 & the lizzies are 61-66. Do you have an NPC you can call to help you kill faster?
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-01 15:50:31  
I think I started FoV in Cape Terrigan around 66 or even 67 I was on drg and once when I started it was pretty easy. Which job are you trying it on?

I would imagine bst, drg, and blu would be pretty easy once your about 65.
 Phoenix.Valefar
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-09-01 15:56:20  
Dancer Zorander :^P. I need to get the abyssea expansion tbh. Still need details on what the good parts of it are though >.> .
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-09-01 15:57:39  
Phoenix.Valefar said:
I need to get the abyssea expansion tbh. Still need details on what the good parts of it are though >.> .

Best investment you'll make in this game =)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-01 15:57:54  
If Phoenix is anything like Fenrir, Terrigan and Ro'Maeve (your best FoV options) will be pretty crowded.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-01 15:58:11  
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Dancer Zorander :^P. I need to get the abyssea expansion tbh. Still need details on what the good parts of it are though >.> .
All of it.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-01 16:00:18  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
If Phoenix is anything like Fenrir, Terrigan and Ro'Maeve (your best FoV options) will be pretty crowded.

Actually to be honest with the addition of abssyea and people trying to be ready for this next update, the solo spots have been pretty calm considering how they used to be =)

And if you do not have an NPC fellow, I would recommend getting one to level with you! It helps a little on the way and with the tactics pearl I was doing some crazy stuff with dnc :) Good luck and have fun!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-01 16:02:15  
They're still popular here, in part because of Magian trials.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-01 16:23:58  
They can be pretty busy here as well..just go towards the end of one day so you can double page..I know the xp won't be nearly as good but just see if you can join random groups for quicker kills.

I've gone out there with like 8 ppl after Dynamis (granted the xp per kill sucks, but we didn't care about that.) at the end of one game day and finished 2 set of tabs in like 3 or 4 mins..works awesome to cap the xp lost in dyna ~2600 xp and 260 tabs in ~5 min is wonderful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-01 16:53:37  
You could always do the 10 beetles and 1 cactuar page in the desert as a bridge until you can do the Cape page 1 with ease. I thought 63 was a little low to do cape, but then again I don't have dancer leveled.
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-01 17:04:22  
if you have bst leveled ...

can go /bst to wajoam woodlands and charm bee's then kill puks.. that was always good exp.. works better in a bst or /bst duo tho.

easy 12~15k an hour in duo. (no band)

bee's repop fast.. just watch out for the soldier bee's those aggro :o

should be able to get consistent chain 5.
 Phoenix.Icephase
user: Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-09-02 09:12:01  
I did a level synch (east ronfare s) or quifm for my 63-66 xp then headed to volbow..
I used a tavnazian taco / did fov solo in volbow (cape)
used dnc/nin for shadows

My daggers were leveled up for 66 --- via warrior 80

..hope my info helps abit :)

ice xx
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-02 09:18:00  
Phoenix.Valefar said:
I did this for every job past LV62, so believe me when I say you should try Ro'Maeve FoV.
 Phoenix.Icephase
user: Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-09-02 09:21:55  
Hey Enternius.. i always wondered why that place was mega busy.. now i know.. i saw loads of people soloing there.

Ice