Cost Effective Skill-up 1~10?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Carpenter » Cost effective skill-up 1~10?
Cost effective skill-up 1~10?
 Alexander.Lunay
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-09-13 14:52:39  
I'm about to start Carpentry and would like some suggestions. What synth will cost me the less and have the lowest shard requirement? Low shard requirement is more important than cost.

I was looking at something like Lauan Half Mask but not if I have to synth Lauan Lumber myself. Does any NPC sell Lauan Lumber?

Any help will be kindly appreciated.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 07:06:57  
I'd like to know as well, Seeing as S-E hates us enough not to let us buy higher level armor and weapons, and people charging 100k for a damn lvl8 Conjurer staff, I'm debating on making my own stuff.

The only good way I found to level is using the cheapest lumber from NPC (which is still expensive as hell at, what, 2k per?)

Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 07:16:52  
I have to look in to this myself. There are several sites out there now that rotate around crafting, though I don't know how much they've identified where the resources come from.

I'll be doing botany as well so I plan on using that to skill up carpentry. I haven't actually planned it out yet though.
 Alexander.Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-09-14 07:36:25  
Well, I took the Lauan Half Mask route and it wasn't actually bad as I expected, cost wise. I bought maybe 12 Lauan Logs (2k each) and synthed those into lumber. I don't know why but I forgot that each log can yield 4 lumbers. I guess it's my FFXI mentality. Anyway, yeah.. 12 logs (48 lumbers) took me to around level 9 or so.

Most people definitely overprice things. Raising your own craft is better anyway because you can repair your own stuff.
By Areis 2010-09-28 21:01:24  
If only it was all about overpricing. Some things I think may be overpriced but some others are just damned expensive in the time required to get there.

ex:
A willow wand costs about 3,000g to make.
At 15 Carpenter / 10 Alchemest I make about 1 in 5 or 1 in 10.
Therefore I would hesitate to take less than 30,000g for one.
so I price for bazaar at 50,000g & will negotiate.

A willow half mask costs about 1,000g to make
I make about 1 in 5 or 1 in 10.
Therefore I would hesitate to take less than 10,000g for one.
so I price for bazaar at 20,000g & will negotiate.

yes some things are very overpriced, and yes being able to do your own field repairs is great. But some things really do cost what they're being priced at right now. If you think it's too much ask for a discount/trade.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-28 21:10:52  
Alexander.Lunay said:
I'm about to start Carpentry and would like some suggestions. What synth will cost me the less and have the lowest shard requirement? Low shard requirement is more important than cost.

I was looking at something like Lauan Half Mask but not if I have to synth Lauan Lumber myself. Does any NPC sell Lauan Lumber?

Any help will be kindly appreciated.

Are you asking outside of leve's? Because thats THE best way to level a craft.
 Valefor.Woodman
サーバ: Valefor
user: Woodman
By Valefor.Woodman 2010-09-28 21:21:49  
I got lvl 10 just doing local Leves. Use up all the Synth attempts they give you... they usually have 2 extra. You don't get to keep the extra, but you get the skillups and EXP. You can repeat them after a certain amount of time has past as well.
 Alexander.Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-09-29 04:02:37  
Thanks for your replies guys... but please keep in mind this was posted sometime early on during the Open Beta when I didn't know much about anything. ^^; Now, I would say I have a really good grasp on all crafts and absolutely love it.

Yes, craft leves are definitely the way to go, especially early on where it can get you to level 10 in no time as mentioned. But be careful signing up for higher rank leves where you won't have a chance of receiving good exp. I learned this the hard way during beta.

Regarding overpricing, I would say nearly 90% of the stuff in people's bazaars are (including mine). If you do some research on the cost and how to obtain the ingredients, most people would probably kick themselves. Either that or they know but don't want to take the time to farm or raise the craft.

And does success rate justify the overpricing? I guess it depends on the rarity of the said item. But why should the buyer pay more for poor judgment of the crafter? I mean if you are botching 9 out of 10 synths, why not wait until you are higher or find something else to skill-up on?
 Alexander.Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-09-29 04:23:33  
Sorry for the double post but if you want an easy skill-up from 1 to 10 outside of Leve, take up a Hatchet and go log some Willow Logs and Maple Logs (grade 1).

It's probably best to turn Willow Logs into Willow Chips and save them for turning hide into leather, but only if you want to raise leather. If not, turn them into lumber or something and save them for more skill-ups at a later time.

By OkunBunu 2010-10-11 11:38:30  
Masks Masks Masks. =]
By Sugarush 2010-10-26 23:15:32  
Leves... You should be able to get to 10 in 2 days of leves, which also nets you money instead of spending.