users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Suggestions » FFXIV "Bazaar"
FFXIV "Bazaar"
 Asura.Teleniel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2010-09-19 03:31:51  
will FFXIAH be hosting bazaar lists for Characters / Retainers (manually input)?

It would be great if retainers could be linked to a character and prices be set manually for all items along with a "current location".

I can understand if you don't want to make a crazy database with all the items (NQ, +1, +2, _3) but it seems that you could provide a significant benefit over the bazaar check system which was implemented for OB by providing at least some limited search capability, even if it required that players be honest & keep their own information up to date.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-09-19 03:45:18  
Asura.Teleniel said:
will FFXIAH be hosting bazaar lists for Characters / Retainers (manually input)?

It would be great if retainers could be linked to a character and prices be set manually for all items along with a "current location".

I can understand if you don't want to make a crazy database with all the items (NQ, +1, +2, _3) but it seems that you could provide a significant benefit over the bazaar check system which was implemented for OB by providing at least some limited search capability, even if it required that players be honest & keep their own information up to date.

Pretty sure SE have mentioned making Market Wards less... mind numbing in the near future, might even see it on release. ^^
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2010-09-19 04:36:07  
They mentioned something, but I don't think it will include a "ward search" which would allow you to view multiple retainers at the same time, or look for which retainer has the best value on a particular item.

This is something that even if it was user added data could be fairly easily done on FFXIAH... it just requires a bit of honesty.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
サーバ: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-09-30 08:25:21  
They need to add a function for each city Market Ward where you can find/sort the goodies/armor/weapons/food/misc things you need from all retainers, RATHER than going to each Market Ward and spending 2 hours clicking on everyone's bazaar.

We really need an Auction House!

PWR!

Power Nexus / Power Cookie - Figaro
 Asura.Yessica
user: yessica
By Asura.Yessica 2010-10-04 12:50:52  
There is some sort of workaround, a database where everyone can register his retainer, what he sells, which server, town etc...
Until SE forks out a solution, this is maybe the only way to get along in the retainer jungle.

http://ffxiv.yg.com/bazaar

By Tesla 2010-10-04 13:06:47  
Asura.Yessica said:
There is some sort of workaround, a database where everyone can register his retainer, what he sells, which server, town etc...
Until SE forks out a solution, this is maybe the only way to get along in the retainer jungle.

http://ffxiv.yg.com/bazaar

I hope you realize the feature you're directing us to, is on the site you're posting on.

This thread started as a request for a ffxiv feature and it subsequently started ffxivpro.com
 Caitsith.Jadi
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-10-08 03:17:09  
Sylph.Pwrlessgirl said:
They need to add a function for each city Market Ward where you can find/sort the goodies/armor/weapons/food/misc things you need from all retainers, RATHER than going to each Market Ward and spending 2 hours clicking on everyone's bazaar.

We really need an Auction House!

PWR!

Power Nexus / Power Cookie - Figaro

Well, for reasons I can't explain they have gone to great lengths to make a system that does not have an auction house. I wouldn't assume they are going to scrap it and put in an auction house any time soon.. Currently they are planning to rework the market wards system to make it easier to find stuff. They pretty much designed the game around having retainers though.

They may add one.. I hear FFXI didn't have an auction house on the initial JP release either.

I like the market ward system.. but it takes too long to browse.