Haste Belt

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » haste belt
haste belt
By yunalaysca 2010-09-20 07:10:45  
ok this has bothered me a bit, so i figured i'd make a topic about it.

when it comes to haste belt, to be specific Goading belt and bullwhip belt, what would you prefer?

Goading Belt
Haste+5% "Store TP"+5 Enmity+3

Bullwhip Belt
HP-75 [Fire] -50 [Ice] -50 [Air] -50 [Earth] -50 [Thunder] -50 [Water] -50 Haste+7%

be that it may, you can get 7% haste with bullwhip, but i can't see myself TPing in it without being a hazard. at most i would use it for cast macros.

what's your opinion?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-20 07:15:33  
Is this a serious question?

Bullwhip, obviously. Depending on build, Goading Belt.

Edit: Since it's in the Dancer forum, Bullwhip.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-20 07:15:41  

If you're solo'ing Goading will have more appeal, but in any group situation, bullwhip, easily.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-09-20 07:22:58  
Imagine a tarutaru with a goading belt.

Now imagine a hume with a bullwhip belt.

While HP is nice, it shouldn't restrict you from obviously superior equipment choices.

The negative elemental resistances actually do nothing harmful, see: here (inside the spoiler particularly).
[+]
 Asura.Steam
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Steam 2010-09-20 07:38:43  
This thread is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-20 07:42:36  
Bullwhip belt on Anything higher than DC, which will already have a capped Magic Landing rate on a player character, unless they are specifically built to resist.
 Siren.Blaire
サーバ: Siren
user: 1000stars
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-20 08:01:21  
Well, bullwhip belt will be kind of useless once you complete the new DNC empyrean armor stuff.

Example:
Goading 5%
Charis Tiara +2 6%
Rapparee harness 4%
Charis Legs +2 5%
Charis Feet +2 4%
Aurore Hands 2% (Wouldn't use dusk since you don't need it to hit haste gear cap like this)

Total = 26% gear haste

So yea, once you get all that bullwhip is useless. Until then, it would be better in most situations.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-20 08:04:27  
Provided the STP doesn't lower your x-hit, you could swap out hands and put in something more useful than the 5stp on goading
[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-09-20 08:05:19  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:

The negative elemental resistances actually do nothing harmful, see: here (inside the spoiler particularly).
ah forgive me, i was concerned about the elemental resistance, but you are right. i took it as you take 50% more dmg.
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-20 08:08:53  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Provided the STP doesn't lower your x-hit, you could swap out hands and put in something more useful than the 5stp on goading

What would you suggest in the hand slot? There's not all that much out there that I know of that'd be super beneficial. Think there's some attack gloves, but the STR +4 of aurore is nice for tp'ing on high level mobs just the same as the attack would be.

I haven't looked into hands too much, but putting something like acc in there would seem redundant since the charis head and feet both got relatively high acc on them (Well, 4 acc from dex on feet), and dnc is somewhat reliable in the acc field to begin with. Then the legs give +5 dagger skill also, making it even better.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-20 08:12:41  
Well, anything beats out the stp if it's not helping your x-hit.

Enkidu mitts come to mind at first. Also denali wristbands. If acc isn't a problem (which you just said it shouldn't be), alkies. Only -3 acc from the -dex and gain a shitload of str
[+]
By yunalaysca 2010-09-20 08:13:37  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well, anything beats out the stp if it's not helping your x-hit.

Enkidu mitts come to mind at first. Also denali wristbands. If acc isn't a problem (which you just said it shouldn't be), alkies. Only -3 acc from the -dex and gain a shitload of str
ocelots?
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-20 08:15:12  
Idk, i'd probably be more inclined to go with something like slither gloves over enkidu's or alky's. Closer you get to the attack cap the better, and the evasion will help when you get aggro (it will happen guaranteed if you're hasted, and capped haste gear), and the subtle blow will help your higher than average tp feed.

denali wristbands would be a nice choice also i suppose.

If you're /sam and wearing the gear i listed a couple posts back you'd have 15 + 5 + 8 + 7 (35) store tp. If you're getting 5 tp per hit, you'd then get +1.75 tp extra. Add in rajas and you hit +2 tp extra, so I'd assume you'd want to keep the goading belt anyways for most situations.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-20 08:20:31  

this is currently what im working on, with it adjusted to have bullwhip instead. would you think this would be a good?
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-20 08:23:25  
Aside from the airy ring, yes it would be a great set. The dex and chr won't be all that useful in TP. You'd probably be better off with a good acc ring unless you're capped. In which case, STR would be better for a smaller chance to hit 0's. In some situations you'd likely need to switch the body piece out for one with acc since that set is relatively low on acc in general.

I'd also probably choose thew bomblet over the feather myself. Though idk how much the feather raises crit damage, but i imagine it isn't a remarkably high number. The slightly higher crits will likely not outperform the +2 str and +8 attack that would apply to every hit you make instead of only crits.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-20 08:26:33  
Siren.Blaire said:
Aside from the airy ring, yes it would be a great set. The dex and chr won't be all that useful in TP. You'd probably be better off with a good acc ring unless you're capped. In which case, STR would be better for a smaller chance to hit 0's.
the reason for the airy is for the dex/crit rate, since you do a considerable amount of dmg with crits i generally like to have high dex and cap feather. acc isnt a issue, actually my tp set right now has less accuracy and i still hit 92% acc on VT+.
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-20 08:27:32  
yunalaysca said:

the reason for the airy is for the dex/crit rate, since you do a considerable amount of dmg with crits i generally like to have high dex and cap feather. acc isnt a issue, actually my tp set right now has less accuracy and i still hit 92% acc on VT+.
95% accuracy should be a priority over most things. Especially with a job like Dnc, the 3% difference is a total of around 6 misses per minute you could of avoided.

Then there's the WS numbers... Gonna demonstrate Dancing Edge:

92% acc = 60.6% chance to land all of the 6 hits you'd get w/o saber dance.
95% acc = 73.5% chance to land all of the 6 hits.

Of course I'm sure your WS set has more acc, as acc should always be the first priority on any WS with 4 or more hits as a general rule of thumb. Attack is usually 2nd, then str, then WS mods.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-20 08:31:17  
Siren.Blaire said:
yunalaysca said:

95% accuracy should be a priority over most things. Especially with a job like Dnc, the 3% difference is a total of around 6 misses per minute you could of avoided.
well my current haste set is rather lol, so it can be a bit of a challenge to keep acc up, if i used sushi i'd have a higher ratio. but yeah with this set i'll be able to hit 95 alright.
By yunalaysca 2010-09-20 08:32:53  
Siren.Blaire said:

Then there's the WS numbers... Gonna demonstrate Dancing Edge:

92% acc = 60.6% chance to land all of the 6 hits you'd get w/o saber dance.
95% acc = 73.5% chance to land all of the 6 hits.

Of course I'm sure your WS set has more acc, as acc should always be the first priority on any WS with 4 or more hits as a general rule of thumb. Attack is usually 2nd, then str, then WS mods.
that it does ^^
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-20 08:38:16  
As long as your acc is capped for TP and you are wearing your best haste gear, no matter what it is, then you're doing good. That set you have listed will not cap acc on everything, but on smaller mobs you may be fighting (maybe abyssea mobs, havent played the game much since first cap increase so idk how evasive they are), it will work fine. If you're fighting an NM or some sort of new endgame mob you'd probably need to add some more acc in. It all depends on what you're fighting, and you will always need a high acc set, and a lower one in order to maximize your potential. Switch out pieces depending on what you're fighting.

Don't let your attack and str get skimpy though. If they get too low you will be hitting 0's. Any 0's you hit are lowering your performance. Relic body is actually a really nice piece for TP if you can hit haste cap w/o rap harness. It has attack and acc, as well as that dex you seem to love :P Plus it's cool to have it already equipped and ready to go when you need to use violent flourish to save your *** from the ga3's we all know will 1 shot a dnc, or cast utsu: ichi
By yunalaysca 2010-09-20 08:44:17  
Siren.Blaire said:
As long as your acc is capped for TP and you are wearing your best haste gear, no matter what it is, then you're doing good. That set you have listed will not cap acc on everything, but on smaller mobs you may be fighting (maybe abyssea mobs, havent played the game much since first cap increase so idk how evasive they are), it will work fine. If you're fighting an NM or some sort of new endgame mob you'd probably need to add some more acc in. It all depends on what you're fighting, and you will always need a high acc set, and a lower one in order to maximize your potential. Switch out pieces depending on what you're fighting.

Don't let your attack and str get skimpy though. If they get too low you will be hitting 0's. Any 0's you hit are lowering your performance. Relic body is actually a really nice piece for TP if you can hit haste cap w/o rap harness. It has attack and acc, as well as that dex you seem to love :P Plus it's cool to have it already equipped and ready to go when you need to use violent flourish to save your *** or cast utsu: ichi
well i run around with 400+ base attack, is that to skimpy? and yeah i currently use my relic body for evis/acchaste hybrid
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-20 08:50:21  
Kinda. You needed like 500 something to cap it at 75 IIRC. It's going to be quite a bit higher with that dagger you're mainhanding since the dmg is so much higher than the level 75 daggers. Your weapons attack cap is based partially off of its DMG.

I'm not that good with the attack cap formulas (barely dabbled with them at all), but if tigerwoods stops back by in this thread he can probably tell you exactly how much attack you need for that 45 dmg dagger to hit cap.

You don't need to hit the attack cap for most things though. It's a priority for ws's if you're able to do it, but other than that you just need enough attack to keep your melee numbers at a decent position.