users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Goldsmithing GP Item Turnins
Goldsmithing GP Item Turnins
 Titan.Xanakali
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Xanakali
By Titan.Xanakali 2009-02-08 19:02:40  
I have been waiting for a 'good' GP item day for about two weeks now, the best ratio for Gil/Point I have seen below Journeyman is ~4.

Is this normal?

What are some classically good GS GP turn in items that I should look out for?

Should I bite the bullet and pay 4/point or should I wait for a 2gp day like the rest of the guilds seem to have.

Thanks!
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-02-09 15:28:24  
The gil/point figure works off of what the going-rate is on the AH, not by how much it costs for you to craft yourself. One of the benefits of crafting GP items yourself is potential for HQ. I usually sell HQ's; the extra GP they offer generally doesn't feel worth it and it feels good to be able to recoup the costs immediately.

I'm not a goldsmither, but it does appear to be the most expensive craft to level, so all things being relative, you'll probably have to bite the bullet. I couldn't stand waiting 2 weeks to continue building GP's. I admire your patience!

I doubt you can powercraft goldsmithing items much(?), but that's also a good way of cueing up GP items if you've got the space or a mule for it.
 Titan.Xanakali
サーバ: Titan
user: Xanakali
By Titan.Xanakali 2009-02-09 16:51:16  
Disintegration said:
The gil/point figure works off of what the going-rate is on the AH, not by how much it costs for you to craft yourself.

Saddly most everything is cheaper on the AH than the cost to craft, and more annoyingly, the GP items are rare to find on the AH.

Disintegration said:

One of the benefits of crafting GP items yourself is potential for HQ. I usually sell HQ's; the extra GP they offer generally doesn't feel worth it and it feels good to be able to recoup the costs immediately.

Saddly I am on the low end of this craft and do not plan to take it past 60, so HQs will be rare.

Disintegration said:

I'm not a goldsmither, but it does appear to be the most expensive craft to level, so all things being relative, you'll probably have to bite the bullet. I couldn't stand waiting 2 weeks to continue building GP's. I admire your patience!

Its given me something to do between camping the AH for non-existent items I need to level the craft.

Disintegration said:

I doubt you can powercraft goldsmithing items much(?),

Through careful planning I have been able to churn a moderate profit (+30%'ish) by leveling my craft, the problem has mostly been getting ahold of items to craft with. ( </3 Mythril Ores )

Things have been only slightly better recently, with yesterday's item being Brass Zanghals. I was able to make those myself for ~800 from NPCs and a few leftover ingots.

I guess what I'm looking for is "Wait for X item, its great bang for your buck!" but that answer will likely never come >_>

Thanks for the reply.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-02-09 17:37:32  
Yup, Goldsmithing GP sucks ***. From my experience as a 97+2 Goldsmither, there are very rarely "good" days for GP.

Most often than not, the GP item will be costly to craft, and sometimes materials are not exactly easy to come by. However there are occasional exceptions to the rule. Best advice is to check the Guild Pattern tab once daily, right here on FFXIAH.com.

From a veteran Goldsmither's standpoint, if you're far enough into Goldsmithing to be needing GP, then you should already know how costly it can be. Personally, I wait for the big GP days, the days where you can get 5000 or more from one or two items. Bite the bullet on these days, and take advantage of them whenever you can afford to. I do this because I'm lazy and can afford to.

In your particular position, I'd suggest waiting for days where the required item can be easily purchased from an NPC. While not always the most cost effective way in terms of gil/point, it does circumvent material hunting or AH camping (which can be worth the extra cost all in it's own lol).
 Asura.Kimochii
サーバ: Asura
user: kimochii
By Asura.Kimochii 2009-02-09 18:46:58  
The best way (I find) to do it is:

1) see if you can buy the items from npc for a good price.
2) see if you can buy the items from the AH for a good price.
3) craft the items yourself.

From my personal experiences I have been doing (Main:Clothcraft all CC GPs items, Alchemy +1 item, Leathercraft +1 item, Mules:Alchemy GPs, Goldsmith GPs, Leathercraft GPs, Bonecraft GPs). I would jump on 4gil/GP right away any day. To me, that is quite a normal price per GP and sometimes I would go as far as 6~8gil/GP.

For GS, they cost more than the other crafts unfortunately. :( That's the most expensive craft to level, and rightly so, should be the most expensive craft to gain GP. I rarely see 4gil/GP days for GS. Of course there are days where you may find the item to be 2~3gil/GP but that is very very rare, and not sure if you will find the items unless you are crafting it yourself. But I would be very happy to turn in 4gil/GP on GS, and all my other crafts GP. Depends on how much gils you have to blow of course, but for me, my standard price to turn in GP would be 4~5gil/GP.

Like Sovereign said, wait for the big GP days where it only requires 1~2 items. I found those to be the least cost/GP item days, and you get the most GP for those days. But they are usually on the higher craft levels.

Those items (furniture, apron, glasses, gloves etc) come at a cost. I have turned in over 1,000,000 GPs @ 4~5 gil per GP. IMO, they are a mark for every crafter. If you are into crafting, they are really worth the price.