フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Wild Fire
Wild Fire
First Page 2 ... 19 20 21
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2010-11-14 04:48:30  
So I am just about to unlock this weapon skill and had a few questions about it. The wiki has just recently been updated with any information at all on the weapon skill and the info seems unsure at best.

I was wondering if anyone who has done some testing with the weapon skill could shed some light on its properties a bit more definitively then the wiki.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-14 11:13:58  
It's Gravitation, can't self dark but you can close Darkness. Soil Gorget or active Ugg pendant are your best choices for neck slot.

Smouldering Sky is the single best Atma to use with it, 30 MAB or 50 Agi Atma are the best secondary.

I haven't locked down the exact dmg calculation for it, but in my current build equal amounts of MAB or AGI give comparable dmg (Sveltesse wrecks Aquiline on it, for example) so go with whichever is higher for the slot, and stack Agi on higher level mobs to avoid partial resists.

The 10% dmg bonus from AF3 feet does affect it, so a double tap approach (I typically qd the last 20 tp them ws) nets you an additional 200-300 dmg. It isn't affected by bullet base dmg, so feel free to go cheap.

This is the set I use atm:

Obvious improvements would be Ocelot Gloves and Ambusher's Hose, though I've been too busy with other stuff to prioritize getting them yet.
[+]
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2010-11-14 13:59:22  
Ah, so basically speaking, it's sort of a leaden salute meets slug shot type of WS.

Gets a higher TP multiplier and AGI modifier, but at the price of possibly missing. Correct?

Also, what would you say your average damage for the weapon skill will be, both inside and outside of abyssea (just rough numbers are fine?)
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-14 14:05:36  
From what he is saying it sounds magical to me. As such still wont miss.

If you gave me some numbers vs lvl 1 mobs I could come up with a formula maybe. Preferrably like adding 1 agi at a time using no MAB or staff or QD or day or weather bonus to make it easy. Also being magical did you check to see if int effects it? Or when i make it I will do it. Still need the coins or gems lol
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-14 15:15:49  
Int does not affect it at all, tested with a Smouldering only then Smouldering + Minikin.

It's magical and cannot miss. It can be fully resisted and hit for 0 during weakness.

Inside abyssea with only atma, no staff, no active ugg pendant and no rolls, it averages around 2.3k. With wizards (no blm) and aesthetics, it hits for 2.9-3.2k depending on the target and martellos.

I've only played around with it twice outside of abyssea (I don't really use Cor outside of lowman abyssea NM farming), usually hit around 1.8-2k in sea and 2.5ish on puddings.

I keep planning to do the basic tests on it, but between Abyssea and doing trials for other weapons I've honestly been quite lazy about it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2010-11-14 15:25:13  
Thank you for the information, it has been very useful.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-14 18:23:47  
Depending on martellos?
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-15 12:36:29  
Fluctuating Martello cores in Scars zones affect the potency of the cruor buffs you receive. I don't recall the total amount of variance, but I believe it allows for a +/-20 Agi, which will change your damage with the weapon skill depending on the amount of active cores.
[+]
 Cerberus.Curzair
サーバ: Cerberus
user: CurzoHane
By Cerberus.Curzair 2010-11-23 20:33:03  
Does AGI effect accuracy of the WS? Resist wise ofcourse.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-23 23:40:40  
Directly affects the damage and resist rate.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2010-11-24 00:22:35  
Asura.Solara said:
It's Gravitation, can't self dark but you can close Darkness. Soil Gorget or active Ugg pendant are your best choices for neck slot.

I don't have the gun so I have no idea, but shouldn't you be able to self-light if you can't self darkness?

All/Most of the other weapons provide a weaponskill that enables you to either solo darkness or light in addition to being able to open/close either light or darkness.

So I'm wonder if Corsair got jipped or if you just haven't tried yet?

(I got the Maschu +1 and I love being able to self light with Ukko's Fury > Ukko's Fury).
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-11-24 00:28:53  
Artemis' Medal might be a better choice for neck.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-24 00:48:32  
Asura.Solara said:
Fluctuating Martello cores in Scars zones affect the potency of the cruor buffs you receive. I don't recall the total amount of variance, but I believe it allows for a +/-20 Agi, which will change your damage with the weapon skill depending on the amount of active cores.
Since when?
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-11-24 01:49:03  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Solara said:
Since when?
since they came out, I notice this too with my HP capping different in the same zone over a large amount of hours. You can see stats too, normally I used to have +10 to all stats yet I noticed sometimes they were +25, +35, +20, etc... as well as some amount of hp+%. The only thing I could think of that changed over time was how well the area was doing in bastion.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-24 13:24:26  
Lakshmi.Zeosilot said:

I don't have the gun so I have no idea, but shouldn't you be able to self-light if you can't self darkness?

All/Most of the other weapons provide a weaponskill that enables you to either solo darkness or light in addition to being able to open/close either light or darkness.

So I'm wonder if Corsair got jipped or if you just haven't tried yet?

Of course I tried, why else would I have answered the question? Use some common sense. It also doesn't sc with light only affinity emp ws, it didn't work with Ukkos or Victory when we were testing it.

That said, I did get a weird skillchain yesterday in WoE (it does darkness with Gekko, and continue rana > gekko > darkness > wildfire > darkness, so it may have simply been log spam that made me miss seeing one of the Sams ws), so I'm tempted to retest this weekend. I'll screen shot it and put it here once I do.

As far as my initial findings went though, Cor just got robbed.

Yarly said:

Artemis' Medal might be a better choice for neck.

I wouldn't recommend Atemis' to anyone who doesn't have a good working knowledge of Spellcast due to it's limited time frame of being the superior option, imo using it fulltime would be worse than not using it at all.

That said, I do use it myself for QD's, I keep thinking I've decided, but to be honest I'm still not sure how I feel overall about it vs gorget.

Dasva said:
Since when?

I'm shocked this isn't common knowledge at this point, do people really not pay attention to their hp/mp/stats? It seems impossible to have not noticed, considering most of our time in game is spent in Abyssea now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-11-26 00:48:58  
Can Fire Grip improve Wildfire trying to get a good build for it outside and inside abyssea
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-26 11:13:03  
All a Fire Grip will do is add accuracy. It's inferior to Reaver Grip +1 which will give 1 less acc, but would also add dmg. I recommend Rose Strap anytime it allows you to save a hit, Reaver +1 if it doesn't.

Keep in mind that Rose will also affect the tp gained from your QDs when deciding whether or not to use it.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-09 00:42:06  
Level 86, lightningsday. Aesthetics, 5 Wiz roll, Ultimate + Smouldering.

Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2010-12-09 01:17:21  
/shakefist
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2010-12-09 15:25:07  
@Solara

Were you pulling those numbers consistently? (And that atma of the ultimate looks amazing @.@ basically +50% to magic attack, no?)
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-09 15:57:57  
They were generally in the lower 4k range. I think my lowest for that party was 3.6k ish?

I'll check the log later and put up more screen shots. That was highest one I noticed, I kinda stopped paying attention after I'd been doing it for a while.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-09 18:29:24  
Bleh wish I had it or someone to run tests for me so I could back calculate a formula to see what it's truely capable of.

Edit: Wiki has ftp and stat mods now... but no word on if it uses normal magic ws formula or some weird new one like well alot of the post nyzel isle ones have
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-09 21:15:15  
Reposting Kirshy's take on it from BG.

Kirshy said:
"Nailed down the exact mods with Yin. Was my fault it took so long, I wasn't used to WS calculations that involved a second term. Also the ftp is 5.5, not 5.0.

[floor(5.5 * (Lv + 2 + floor(@ * floor(AGI * .6))))] + [2 * (Your AGI-Enemy INT)]

@ is currently .85, but might change next update~ Also since part of the damage is unrelated to fTP, and the fact fTP is so high, gorget is mostly useless for the WS. Big thanks to Yin for WSing mobs for over an hour so we could figure it out~

EDIT: On the discussion of AGI vs MAB, here is an estimated calculation for damage. It's not 100% accurate, but you can plug in the numbers to give you an estimate on damage and figure out which is better:

(478.5 + 4.8*AGI - 2*Enemy's INT)*MAB

I've been on Rdm all evening, so I haven't had a chance to play around on Cor or post more pics. Will get to it later.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-09 21:18:53  
How long ago was this? Ie was .85 for lvl 85 or 90?

Also agi-int seems... weird to say the least. All other ws that have a 2nd term like that is just plain dstat... I'd almost question it. Especially since otherwise besides the exact values of ftp, and stat mods and what the mods are it's just like alot of other weaponskills that use the dstat

Damn me not being able to lot coins most the time /sigh
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-12-09 21:20:49  
Leaden salute and Trueflight are both Agi-Int, it seems very common for ranged stuff.

Edit: Primal rend is also Chr-Int, gotta love mystic ws's.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-09 21:22:12  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Leaden salute and Trueflight are both Agi-Int, it seems very common for ranged stuff.

Edit: Primal rend is also Chr-Int, gotta love mystic ws's.
Oh? Someone needs to update wiki then for trueflight... and the others used to just say dstat too
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-12-09 21:23:47  
Wiki seems to have really REALLY crappy info on ws's, lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-09 21:25:12  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Wiki seems to have really REALLY crappy info on ws's, lol.
Lol and they really slow... I had done sanguine blade a couple of times since they updated it before wiki even posted the right stat mods... forget the values and formula lol
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-09 22:49:23  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
How long ago was this? Ie was .85 for lvl 85 or 90?

Also agi-int seems... weird to say the least. All other ws that have a 2nd term like that is just plain dstat... I'd almost question it. Especially since otherwise besides the exact values of ftp, and stat mods and what the mods are it's just like alot of other weaponskills that use the dstat

Damn me not being able to lot coins most the time /sigh

It was just a few days ago. .85 has been retested, it hasn't changed yet.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-16 10:22:37  
Leviathan.Popebenedict said:
@Solara

Were you pulling those numbers consistently?

Switched some atmas around, and was able to get the dmg up even higher. 11 roll w/ no blm, Thundersday (can't seem to catch a Firesday when I'm not busy lol), Wizard and Sam rolls.

[+]
First Page 2 ... 19 20 21