Any Good Goldsmithing Guides Out There?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Any good Goldsmithing guides out there?
Any good Goldsmithing guides out there?
First Page 2
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-12 20:04:14  
I finally desided to make my mule level goldsmithing to make the uber moneys

Problem is, I'm losing a ton of money off of synths, but could lose more if I didn't make the items as part of them

I.E.

Brass Mask

If I didn't make the faceguards (Smithing 9), I would be losing more than double the money per synth, and even then, it took a long time and money to get Smithing from 0 to 6 (current level) and I feel that there are better ways to level Goldsmithing period.

I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas about any guides that could help me.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-12 20:17:17  
Korpg said:
it took a long time and money to get Smithing from 0 to 6 (current level)

You can't be serious. You just... can't...

If you are being serious, give up Goldsmithing now. If you think the gil needed to get Smithing to 6 is expensive you have no hope in hell of ever affording Goldsmithing. If you are being serious, there's not a guide in existence that will help you.

If you are kidding, then you got me... I hope you are... Or that it's a typo and that you actually meant to say Smithing 60.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-02-12 20:32:28  
lol
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-12 20:48:20  
Wooooodum said:
You can't be serious. You just... can't... If you are being serious, give up Goldsmithing now. If you think the gil needed to get Smithing to 6 is expensive you have no hope in hell of ever affording Goldsmithing. If you are being serious, there's not a guide in existence that will help you. If you are kidding, then you got me... I hope you are... Or that it's a typo and that you actually meant to say Smithing 60.

Seeing how I rather spend the money leveling goldsmithing than smithing itself, any gil used to level smithing = gil wasted that I could spend on goldsmithing. Seeing how it would be cheaper to make the faceguards than it would be to buy the faceguards from NPC, then yeah, I rather make them.

I made Bronze Mittens from 0-4 smithing then went straight to faceguards from 4-6 (until I didn't need them anymore for making brass helms).

My original question was for a guide for GS, but since I haven't recieved any information from anyone except Tuggles from Hades (thru PM), I thank you for your empty post.

Oh, and its all a matter of perspective. I don't like spending gil. I know I have to to level a synth to 100, but anything over 50k at one time without having any way of getting any reasonable gil back is too expensive for me lol.

I'm just going to go thru it until my GS is at 35, then I'll do what I have to do from there (I already have an idea of what to do from 35-40 to make a lot of money).
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-12 21:01:02  
Korpg said:
My original question was for a guide for GS, but since I haven't recieved any information from anyone except Tuggles from Hades (thru PM), I thank you for your empty post.

Calling what was a perfectly respectable response to your post "empty" just because it's not the answer you wanted is very rude of you, especially as you were asking for help in the first place.

The advice I posted was genuine. My experience in this field is undisputable. I'm sorry if it was not the response you were after, or if it didn't provide you with your magical "easy option" guide that you are seeking. The fact of the matter is there is no cheap Goldsmithing option, and thusly there is no guide for it. I think this point was made pretty potently in my post. But, as it wasn't the response you wanted to hear, you disregarded it as "empty".

Your own wording was your downfall. Note that you did not say "It's wasted gil as it's not going towards Goldsmithing". You quite clearly said that you spent what you felt to be "a lot" of money on Smithing. Anyone who needs to spend "a lot" of money to get Smithing to 6 needs to take a damn serious review of their crafting strategies. They are clearly not working. This is not disputable, nor is it opinion. It is a fact of low level synthing recipes.

Smithing is one of the easiest and cheapest crafts to level at low levels. How on earth you lost what you felt to be "a lot" of money I can not imagine.

One final question, that's of no particular relevance; Why the heck would you make Bronze Mittens when you can make Bronze Ingots for 36 gil a synth? Seems to me you are shooting yourself in your own foot.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-12 21:08:08  
Define good? What do you mean "good?"

There are 3 excellent guides on wiki written by Ctownwoody, Gatsby and Sarchar.

So I fail to see what's the problem?

This by far the worst craft skill to level if you're looking for a quick, cheap buck. The only way you save any money doing this is if you farmed all of your materials.

Honestly, if you're worried about getting back gil in this craft. Buy coins, make ingots. Sell the ingot in stacks or use those ingots to make thread. Use that to restock your gil. Other than that many of the synths are gilsinks, they're there to skillup on, NOT make gil off of...

Use your brain...
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-12 21:33:58  
Korpg said:
Wooooodum said:
You can't be serious. You just... can't... If you are being serious, give up Goldsmithing now. If you think the gil needed to get Smithing to 6 is expensive you have no hope in hell of ever affording Goldsmithing. If you are being serious, there's not a guide in existence that will help you. If you are kidding, then you got me... I hope you are... Or that it's a typo and that you actually meant to say Smithing 60.
Seeing how I rather spend the money leveling goldsmithing than smithing itself, any gil used to level smithing = gil wasted that I could spend on goldsmithing.

I don't know how much you know about crafting, but what this is considered as is SUBCRAFT LEVELING, which in almost every craft is a NECESSITY for many players. Gil "wasted" on subcrafting is a very large amount of time saved by being able to make other, previously incapable synthesis. I mean, you think any serious Leathercrafter, Bonecrafter or Clothcrafter would do any of the above without the others? Get a clue, accept the advice of the people who already posted, and check out other forums. Goldsmithing is by far one of the most expensive and time consuming, but if you're trying to level it without subcrafts, your going to find your time and gil greatly decreased due to the fact that your keeping many doors and opportunities closed to you.
The people who posted are just trying to help you, don't post something, then scoff their help away, its for your benefit, as most of us have already leveled crafting (I personally have 7 characters lv 70+ in various crafts) and are doing this purely for you.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-12 22:47:22  
ok man, look here, you NEED smithing sub, and also ALCHEMY... you can get by without any other subs but you NEED these two, also in all reality, goldsmithing gets by easy with ONLY NEEDING two subs, that being said those things are very very very *** cheap to level compared to your MAIN craft, why would you even seriously debate the utility of having sub craft which costs next to nothing in comparison? lol

I felt the same way and cried about having to PL my subs, it paid off fat though :)

My best advice to you is to create many gardening mules, do this right now, grow platinum nuggets right now, you're going to need as many as possible once you pass the gold synths.

I don't mean to sound harsh about any of this, but you will need smithing sub of at least 30ish to make targe to make gold buckler to push past the final hellish levels 70+ ... after that goldsmithing becomes a cakewalk, I waited till closer to 90 to finish off my smithing sub and PL alchemy, you must have these subs once you reach 90 they will provide you with many many break-even/slight profit/tier 0 big money synths.

here is a thread on KI, starts off with a guide on the first page, but many people offered advice: http://killingifrit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49632&st=0&start=0

To the dude above me who said this:

"but if you're trying to level it without subcrafts, your going to find your time and gil greatly decreased due to the fact that your keeping many doors and opportunities closed to you."

this is wrong, goldsmithing gets by really easily just making ingots and sheets through the majority of the levels, however around 70ish he will need to have this sub at least partially leveled, its better to have now than later because it will provide some alternative synths ...

Not really, the cookie cutter goldsmithing leveling is basically ingots-> ingot stage 2-> sheets -> hairpins -> earrings -> rings, cap for rings move onto the net metal type, repeat, this covers the most part of the levels, it's not until post-platinum rings that the need arises for alternatives to that system
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-02-12 23:17:10  
Before you even begin to level Goldsmithing as a main craft, you need to realize that you should expect to lose over 40 million gil leveling 0-100. In reality, you should expect to lose more.

If you still want to level the craft, I've written a pretty good guide on my Livejournal about how I leveled Goldsmithing to it's current level of 97+2. I've put in a ton of detail, so reading it thoroughly should shed some light on how to get started. Right now, I think I stopped the guide at like 80 or 87... somewhere right around the elemental beads stage. I should finish it, but I'm lazy. So it'll be another month or two before I finish the guide to 100.

http://sovereignffxi.livejournal.com

As far as leveling subcrafts for Gold... you will absolutely, AT A MINIMUM, need Smithing and Alchemy. I wouldnt recommend capping them too early, as you will need them UNDERLEVELED in order to perform "break synthing," a common techinque employed to save you money and materials during the 70-80 stage. All the other subcrafts are option... though I'd probably say Clothcraft is almost a necessity if your linkshell ever does Bahamut v2 runs.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-12 23:42:40  
Wooooodum said:
Korpg said:
it took a long time and money to get Smithing from 0 to 6 (current level)

You can't be serious. You just... can't...

If you are being serious, give up Goldsmithing now. If you think the gil needed to get Smithing to 6 is expensive you have no hope in hell of ever affording Goldsmithing. If you are being serious, there's not a guide in existence that will help you.

If you are kidding, then you got me... I hope you are... Or that it's a typo and that you actually meant to say Smithing 60.

actually... looking at his page, his smithing is not 6, it is 3... big money lost? yah you should stop right now and save yourself hassle, i felt that it was too much money at one point... but that was not until much further into the craft.

If you cannot handle doing 5k skillup synths, then you cannot handle 50k skillup synths, then you definitely wont be able to handle doing 500k skillup synths, well then pick another craft, there is no way around this craft being expensive to level, if you can afford it, it pays off big in the end though...

I just made a kaiser body last night (thank you alchemy and smithing subs that made this 30mil in one synth possible) and that should finally pay me back for the cost of leveling in full, plus some ... finally, 2 years after i've hit 100 skill i popped out the big money synth =D

I think what you really need advice on is gil making methods, and i'd advise gardening, once again. Platinum nuggets are rather reliable compared to elemental ores... and very useful to a goldsmith (if you get that high)
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-12 23:58:48  
Smurfo said:
To the dude above me who said this: "but if you're trying to level it without subcrafts, your going to find your time and gil greatly decreased due to the fact that your keeping many doors and opportunities closed to you." this is wrong, goldsmithing gets by really easily just making ingots and sheets through the majority of the levels, however around 70ish he will need to have this sub at least partially leveled, its better to have now than later because it will provide some alternative synths ...

Ya, I wasn't talking about throughout the skill up phases, just in general. He was complaining about doing it AT ALL vs. at the current time. My comment was directed toward his unwillingness, or maybe even complete ignorance, that he will need subcrafts at some point in time at any level.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-13 00:01:01  
yep, i caught that. I was just saying: he is whining about having to do it now, when he really doesn't have to for like 50 more levels...it's laughable.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-13 00:09:54  
I personally am one of those who like my subcrafts at a managable level considering the side gil I can make while farming for other crafts. In his case, making, say, silver ingots while mining for silver, and on the side making Bronze and Iron for either gil or other synths later.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-13 03:18:26  
Thank you for all of your replies, and there are some good information in here, although most of it was just the usual *** that I get on this forum anyway.

Even though I have seen the wiki guides, I rather ask those that are not on the usual threads, which is why I posted on this.

I'm sorry Woo for your misunderstanding, but don't worry about it.

I really don't want to level subs if I can avoid it. I rather just stick with Goldsmithing and GP at the moment. That is why I'm asking for any guides, so I can see what paths people took and deside what I want to do from there.

Again, thank you for your help
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-13 03:43:01  
Did we all get bashed?

Even the people who have goldsmithing leveled and know what the hell they are talking about?

/sigh

Why do we even bother trying to answer questions intelligently?
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-13 03:50:55  
apparently our "subject matter expertise" was not a requirement for posting in here, Malekith
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-02-13 04:47:43  
Actually, there is a secret way to level goldsmithing to 100+22 without any kind of effort, only a few mins of work per day, no farming, and you can do it in a matter of weeks. And everybody on this threads knows it except you, and of course they are keeping this information away from you, telling you all this "it's not easy, it's a big investment, there is no miracle way of getting there". But you are right to doubt them, because they are hiding a terrible secret away from you... Ohhhh yeas they are.... Bad goldsmithers.... Badddd...

Edit: Seriously man, don't ask questions and diss people about their answers, its just soooo wrong. At least have some politeness and recognize that these guys who can synth a 20M item right in front of your face actually bothered to type you some kind of honest reply. They might not be superior/inferior to you in any other way, but they definitely understand how to level a craft better than you do... >.>
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-13 06:01:36  
This topic still being talked about?

Look, I asked a question, I got an answer. I thanked you for it, and be damn glad I thanked you for it.

Everyone here lost my respect, so I give no respect back. I needed information, so what better way to seek it out than to ask, and since I couldn't care less about you guys, but your information is still useful, I used your knowledge for my own gain.

So seriously, thread over, if you want to discuss anymore about goldsmithing guides, I will take that information and use it for my own needs, otherwise, thank you for the info.
 Ragnarok.Redrock
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: redrock
By Ragnarok.Redrock 2009-02-13 07:47:30  
sub craft for gold is good when u hit 100 if u want hq some curse or koenig shield but before u can go with just goldsmithing. (hell of golsmithing is 70-80 i mean u will need sell some of your stuff; but u will get it back with the bead stage ) 70-80 is a gold ingot loss every synth so if you want save money u can just desynth gold orcmask in davoi
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-02-13 09:05:36  
lol, I like this Korpg guy, hes ever so friendly :P
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-02-13 09:21:20  
Wildri said:
Please explain "break synthing," I am @ 76 GS and I'm trying to continue without needing to cannibalize my gear. I have smith and cloth lvled to ~40, no alchemy as of now but I just got back after an almost three year hiatus; I don't even remember where I left off... And sorry for the hijack.

Check the post I made in my LJ's Goldsmithing Guide, on the 70-80 "Gold Hell" stretch.

http://sovereignffxi.livejournal.com/13772.html
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-02-13 09:39:07  
Some of these people are trying to be nice to you, but quite frankly you're an idiot. You're on a website that gives you prices for items and a recipe list for every craft from 1 to 100. If you're too stupid to look at what results in a profit or a loss, then you're too stupid to craft.

Don't even bother. Goldsmithing and Smithing are hands down the bank killers of crafting. You won't make it to the "uber moneys", as you so eloquently put it.
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-02-13 10:20:56  
I can help you a decent amount of the way.
However, just a reminder, goldsmithing isn't for the feint of heart.

I am not 54, and it has been a slow progress.
However, I haven't lost anything (in gil) along the way.

This may sound crazy, but I farm my own materials.
I have a 75THF, 75RNG and 75BLM for my char.
This is important to remember with my advice.

When I am within range to skill up on coins, I steal like there's no tomorrow.
When I need crystals, I take my BLM to sky and farm them.
When I need any NM or specific mob that drops the mats I need, I bring RNG.

Like I said, it's slow, but I have made money goldsmithing my entire way.
I can be more specific if you are interested.
~Yote
 Phoenix.Jile
サーバ: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-02-13 12:00:09  
Sovereign said:
Check the post I made in my LJ's Goldsmithing Guide, on the 70-80 "Gold Hell" stretch.

http://sovereignffxi.livejournal.com/13772.html

woot! You just saved me a ton of gil too! Thanks!!

To the OP, my GS is only lvl47 but I've found going through the prices on my server and trying to buy into synth's where I could make some of the mat's lowering my costs a little below AH prices and shoot to break even on the AH. There are some synth's (gold dust) that you can dump on npc as well which if you make the mat's you'll actually make a profit while skilling without the AH ^^.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-13 12:08:37  
Sovreign is like the Geico of Goldsmithing....

I switched to Sovreign's guide and I saved millions of gil!

Not making fun here, just amused by the utility of the guide. Now I'm torn as to what I'll level past 60... CC or GS.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-13 12:11:55  
This is the money you could be saving.

Sometimes it feels like somebody's watching meeeee.
 Phoenix.Jile
サーバ: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-02-13 12:13:12  
Funny how some marketing sticks in your head... and mentioning that..now the damn song will be in mine all day, thx. >.< lol
First Page 2