Dancer Gear And The Way To Play?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dancer gear and the way to play?
Dancer gear and the way to play?
 Alexander.Tedril
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-10 12:50:31  
Well idk much about dancer so this is a forum I guess to ask if something like this set would be what I'm looking for or does dancer need gear sets to give them something else?

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/190870

Also if somebody could tell me how to post the picture up of it would be helpful...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-10 13:14:08  

{itemset}Number{/itemset} to post sets, with square brackets instead of {}s.

Auric Dagger isn't competitive anymore. Check out the set I posted today in another thread here. Twilight Dagger may be a good offhand, but it's hard to tell right now.
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-10 13:34:38  
What about the rest of the sets choices?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-10 13:36:17  
I'd pass on using Charis Earring in a TP set. Actually, I'd probably pass on using it at all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-10 13:45:34  
I agree, Charis earring is worthless. If you replace it with Suppanomimi and get different daggers (and probably a different back), then your set is a decent DD set for a situation without Marches and where you don't care about evasion. Unless there's an additional bonus for full-set +2, you'd be better off with Dusk+1 (or NQ Dusk, or Ocelot) hands.
[+]
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-10 13:45:47  
Really? So brutal instead? I was thinking putting those two conserve tp earrings on might be more effective than a little store tp since the set aleady has 22 store tp I believe.
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-10 13:46:52  
What back piece would you recommend?
 Bismarck.Danara
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Shinzoku
By Bismarck.Danara 2010-12-10 13:54:22  
Boxer's Mantle for an eva set, Etoile Cape for ws and not too sure for tp set, my tp cape kinda sucks
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-10 14:02:09  
Bismarck.Danara said:
Boxer's Mantle for an eva set, Etoile Cape for ws and not too sure for tp set, my tp cape kinda sucks

Can you post your eva set?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-12-10 14:15:15  

pink feet are better but the same eva so meh.
id switch inbetween SH and pink body to see which i liked better
16eva on dagger
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-10 14:16:29  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

pink feet are better but the same eva so meh.
id switch inbetween SH and pink body to see which i liked better
16eva on dagger

Why Joyeuse..?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-12-10 14:22:25  
why not? yes another eva dagger would be better but i quit b4 i started and i really didnt have acc issues w/ it
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-10 14:28:23  
Another evasion dagger would be more evasion, more attack and less delay. Double attacks shouldn't really be an issue either on DNC.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-10 14:54:21  
Alexander.Tedril said:
Really? So brutal instead? I was thinking putting those two conserve tp earrings on might be more effective than a little store tp since the set aleady has 22 store tp I believe.
I'm not sure how you think Conserve TP works, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work how you think it works. That or you're trying to fulltime this set, which is a whole other can of worms.

Anyway yeah, Brutal/Aesir or Brutal/Suppa depending on buffs.

Purpleeyes said:
Another evasion dagger would be more evasion, more attack and less delay. Double attacks shouldn't really be an issue either on DNC.
Doesn't mean more DA is a bad thing. Joyeuse isn't the way to do it nowadays, but that set is pretty old.
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-12-10 14:55:52  
If you're fighting anything serious... I don't know why you'd be using a joy toy. Why do DNCs still use a frikkin joy toy?! Double attack become double whiff.
 Alexander.Kuraneko
user: Kuraneko
By Alexander.Kuraneko 2010-12-10 14:58:37  
Evasion Kit

DD Kit

Step ACC Kit

(all daggers kila+1 main hand...never sit right for me for some reason)

The above are my current set ups and I know both need improvements but they work for me for now. (not made of money or time so it's slow going :/) Despite seeing many AF3 feet on the AH I still don't think they really exist. Seen every feet drop multiple times from Vunk except these. -.-..

For the evasion kit if you don't want to do a second dagger (preupdate anyway) I liked using my auric much better than joy. After the 80 cap the difference between dagger and sword skill is just too vast to make an offhand sword worthwhile. My evasion kit is mostly for solo/tanking and the occasional oshi moments.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-10 15:04:39  
My eva set is

dagger/dagger/xxx/Charis*
Wivre Mask/Evasion Torque/Suppa/Brutal
Aurore/Ocelot/Heed/Rajas
Boxer's/Scouter's/AF3+1/Ballerines

*=Fenrir's Stone at night. Ocelot Gloves can be swapped out for Denali Wristbands, but the haste is nice and more AGI doesn't hurt if dAGI happens to be uncapped. Only have one AGI dagger at present. Looking for a Fugacity Beret to replace that Wivre Mask, don't have Ohat and frankly don't care to get one.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-12-10 15:07:47  
Asura.Tristean said:
If you're fighting anything serious... I don't know why you'd be using a joy toy. Why do DNCs still use a frikkin joy toy?! Double attack become double whiff.
as Night said it's an old set but worked for me. if i had acc problems i had food and im good.
not to mention steps to lower eva
 Alexander.Kuraneko
user: Kuraneko
By Alexander.Kuraneko 2010-12-10 15:14:35  
Totally missed 'and the way to play' part of the question.

Honestly, however you feel provided you're not weighing your party/alliance down.

Don't go all DD >> WS crazy when ppl are dropping from not enough cures.

If you know you don't need to cure cause your WHM are bored don't horde the TP. Go a little nuts and do a little hurt.

In an abyssea xp alliance with no first voke/pointman? /war and taking a defensive stance to be the one focusing attention on pulls and keep things moving smoothly. (i did this once and it was pretty fun actually)

Anti-social? Solo like a terror. Fun stuff is seeing what different mobs you can solo. I never knew the fun of an evasion build before DNC.

Read lots, ask questions, compare gear, try different sets yourself, see if friends can parse you out if you can't...just don't be a lazy DNC or a full AF DNC or a bandwagon DNC. They give us all bad names.

The beauty of DNC is it's flexibility. It plays how you want it to and you can tweak your merits to suit whatever play style suits you best. Mine are primarily solo focused since I rarely used Saber Dance for DD purposes. (that and I hate being cut off from waltzes...call me paranoid but 4 years of WHM main does that to a person)

We're both on Alexander so if you want drop a tell. If I'm not busy I don't mind chatting.