users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » AF3 Feet Gold Box Farming
AF3 Feet Gold Box Farming
 Sylph.Jtmoney
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Jtmoney
By Sylph.Jtmoney 2010-12-11 15:47:01  
Can someone confirm that its actually better to not have capped Amber lights? Maybe about 15 or 20 Ambers instead? Everytime i cap amber, i seem to get like 1 af3 every hour and get spammed with a lot of huge key item boxes.
 Fairy.Kaoz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Loswa
By Fairy.Kaoz 2010-12-11 21:53:44  
From solo farming gold last night I noticed a bigger increase in AF3 dropped. Actually I got more AF3s solo/duo than with full alliance. In less than 90 mins I had blu dnc pup drg and nin drop. Duoing before that I had cor drop only. But I still kept getting items/KIs in between and with the AF.

The only amber I was building was what I would accumulate from red chests since PUP doesnt have a H2H ws that procs.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-11 22:00:44  
In a loooooooong farming session in vunkerl, we had 3 af3 feet in one big chest. It seemed to be about the same, honestly. Just getting 3 in the same chest was kinda cool.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-11 22:19:58  
I've been noticing as well that capping amber seems to reduce the rate of AF3 Feet and gives more of those crappy gules/lore/versa augmented pieces. Could just be placebo, though.
 Asura.Authority
サーバ: Asura
user: Authority
By Asura.Authority 2010-12-11 22:31:02  
AF3 isn't considered a "powerful item", and big boxes drop a LOT more at capped amber, which indicates a "powerful item". So maybe you are right? Who knows...
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [205 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2011-07-04 21:26:57  
sorry for necro but ive been trying to find the optimal amber light to get af3 boots. started 30 amber and did nothing but pearl. got spammed with nothing but weak blue and red chests with the occasional max light chest like KI or intense soothing. now im at 170 pearl and 120 amber and still getting blue chests mostly. anyone have ideas?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Elgato
By Cerberus.Elgato 2011-07-04 21:39:05  
Yeah about 110-120 amber seems to be money. Don't get other lights besides that and pearl and you'll average about 3-5 af3 drops per 120 min.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2011-07-05 09:14:28  
thanks for replies, yeah i eventually got 130 amber and got about 6 total boots. this time i'll shoot to 120 and go all pearl
 Asura.Flowooo
サーバ: Asura
user: FloW
By Asura.Flowooo 2011-07-06 03:15:35  
I would suggest capping azure too.

You are gonna drop blue chests no matter what, might aswell make them a chance on TE.

Also makes the time invested capping amber worth it, as u can stay as long as u like.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-07-06 09:08:02  
When I charged whisker burn, I get 255 amber and everybody leaves with a couple emp boots clogging up their inventory. You can try to keep down your amber to 100-120ish, but if you're killing with azure you'll end up with 255 and end up tipping the boxes in blue's favor again.

My honest advice: use an AoE job to farm stuff and just kill faster. You'll end up geting more boots than you'll know what to do with.
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-07-06 09:12:09  
u got the abyssites for increased gold chest drop rates?
 Unicorn.Divinian
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-07-13 07:26:46  
I just want to preserve my sanity, so I am going to ask a question I already know the answer to (lol):

AF3 feet drops have nothing to do with the mob being killed, right?

I have 120 amber, capped azure, capped pearl and have been at it since yesterday morning. I actually accumulated so much time that I was able to shutdown last night around 10, play another game and then get back into it this morning without ever leaving abyssea.

The only reason I am asking is I have seen about 3-4 nin, sam, dnc, drg, sch, pup bvut not once have I seen smn, cor, or blu. So, help me out here: does mob choice have anything to do with what drops?

Thanks for your time.

EDIT - BTW I am blue burning tauri mobs in a-vunk.
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-07-13 07:55:02  
bump
 Bahamut.Jobice
user: Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2011-07-13 08:13:38  
When I was farming NIN feet I probably did it for 2 weeks straight before I started doing just amber. Went in killed only murex with amber. I got every pair of boots in the place. Once amber was capped I got NIN and BLU in same box. Fairly easy to cap if you just run back and forth from the 2 murex spawns and kiling Ephemeral Murex with amber.
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-07-13 08:20:15  
Bahamut.Jobice said:
When I was farming NIN feet I probably did it for 2 weeks straight before I started doing just amber. Went in killed only murex with amber. I got every pair of boots in the place. Once amber was capped I got NIN and BLU in same box. Fairly easy to cap if you just run back and forth from the 2 murex spawns and kiling Ephemeral Murex with amber.

Hmm, I have read both ways, so I am never sure what to think. I have seen people suggest that capping is worse and some say capping is better. In the end, its probably all just luck, lol. I have come across probably 6 or 7 nin feet so far.
 Fenrir.Lillaly
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Lillaly 2011-07-13 08:24:48  
Amber = gold chest drop rate + power right?

I dont have the abyssite for gold chests.
Is it normal that i was getting 1 mabey 2 gold chests every 10 mobs?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-13 08:26:46  
Here are pages that may help. Testing in progress (mostly by Aemora, you can find the links on the bottom of the page).
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-07-13 08:27:19  
Fenrir.Lillaly said:
Amber = gold chest drop rate + power right?

I dont have the abyssite for gold chests.
Is it normal that i was getting 1 mabey 2 gold chests every 10 mobs?

I have 2 of the abyssites and I have been getting about 4 per 15 mobs. But sometimes I get more and sometimes none. Thats with 120 lights, though.
 Fenrir.Lillaly
By Fenrir.Lillaly 2011-07-13 08:32:00  
so i am just unlucky,
I will blame the hidden FFXIAI.... where it alters the drop rate, to less then 1%, if it knows you are there to get a specific item.
[+]
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-07-13 08:45:22  
Fenrir.Lillaly said:
so i am just unlucky,
I will blame the hidden FFXIAI.... where it alters the drop rate, to less then 1%, if it knows you are there to get a specific item.

lol
 Unicorn.Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-07-13 09:33:56  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Here are pages that may help. Testing in progress (mostly by Aemora, you can find the links on the bottom of the page).

Oh thanks, I missed this earlier. Luckily, within the last hour I got cor, smn, and blu (the one I was after). That makes a full set from vunkerl, lol.
 Fenrir.Lillaly
By Fenrir.Lillaly 2011-07-15 07:04:03  
Anyone know off hand how many lights the Tejas give?

Also, in Attohwahahana what mobs would you suggest for a THF To farm for easy kills?