The most emberassing thing you ever did in FFXI
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Katniss
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2010-12-21 08:05:10  
Well, I’ll go ahead and start.

The most embarrassing thing I ever did ingame was when…

… in 2006 when I just had my first job levelled 50+, a friend told me that some of his LS members need help killing a NM in Yhoator (I don’t even remember what NM it was).

So I tele’d myself out there instantly, got a Chocobo and rushed to the spot they were fighting. When I arrived I already noticed everyone was half dead, so I wanted to spam some Cures on the people. After like 20 seconds I noticed that none of my Cures got off and they wiped.

I had no idea what was going on and then I received following tell from my friend:

“Did you seriously just tele out here to watch us wipe and fart us to death?!”

And I was like WTF is he talking about… then I realized what happened.

Before I got his call for help I was messing around in Jeuno with some people, doing Emotes. I had an extra macro set for that, for example (I am a Mithra):

/em plays the invisible piano. (/panic motion)
/em tickles <t> (/poke motion)
/em punches <t> (/cheer motion)
and then the notorious: /em farts at <t> (/joy motion) … thats totally dumb… a friend showed it to me and i thought it was funny XD

So yeah, what happened there was that I was in the wrong macro set and kept spamming the “Fart” macro instead of Cure 4 and didn’t notice it. When I read the chatlog afterwards I was laughing so hard, but it was also really embarrassing. These people must have thought I’m HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or something.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-21 08:06:50  
Broke alliance without knowing that it causes the loot pool to be lost. Goodbye Trotters!
[+]
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 08:19:57  
My friend asked me to go on a run for him on his RDM.

I....um, accidently used Convert while he was poisoned and bioed when I wasn't paying attention (sorry fou ; ;) :-P
[+]
 Alexander.Jukie
サーバ: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2010-12-21 08:22:20  
When I first joined I talked to someone and they said {I don't speak any English} and I was like 'but you just spoke in English'. I kept pestering them til they went away. I also convinced people to take magic mart flyers then when I realised I had to give to NPC I had to buy them back.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Dionel
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Dionel
By Gilgamesh.Dionel 2010-12-21 08:27:24  
Lotted a relic piece (Only one who lotted), then passing it by mistake when time was expiring in Dynamis.
[+]
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 08:32:17  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I've gone to events before on RDM on my solo macro set where every cure and buff macro were <me>. Also I have converted while sleeping/fishing for angel skin when I had 2 fish and 2 crabs on me and died. And I've never fought fafnir at the time, and I told this new LS I was with this. I asked if there is anything I needed to know about this fight. Since it was an end game LS everyone was really stuck up and no one said anything. So I went out on smn, died to breath once from standing in front of it, twice upon reraise, and the third time I thought I was far enough away but apparently I wasn't. That's when they kicked me from the alliance, finished killing faf, didn't raise me, and tele'd out while all the other end game LSs were laughing. Then I home pointed and dropped the shell T.T

I wouldn't call that embarassing. More like they jerked you over. Talk about mean >.>
[+]
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 08:35:24  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
It felt embarrassing when everyone was making fun of me D:

True ; ;
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev 2010-12-21 08:42:47  
Accidentally warping myself out of Promathia 6-4. Or really any of the times that I've run somewhere to D2 or retrace someone and then accidentally casting it on myself.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev 2010-12-21 08:43:55  
Most embarrasing MT I've ever seen from someone else:

"Hahaha, I love how he still thinks I'm a girl."
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-12-21 08:55:00  
back in like 2003-2004 in a crawlers nest camp i accidentally casted an aga and wiped our party by complete accident and at the time this wasn't very common or heard of lol.

I also circle bladed in dynamis once... i have no idea why my cursor was over that instead of atonement in the games memory.

And most recently... i sometimes solo a mob in dynamis when sekkanoki is up and i didn't realize for some reason it was a white mage mob... the LS happened to be kiling a ninja. Well the ninja was down to like 2-3% and the WHM i was fighting benediction and the NIN blewup and wiped us because it was a full HP mjin lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Joyroth
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2010-12-21 09:14:31  
Tripped over my play and charge cable causing me to drop my xbox controller onto my keyboard while I had Stun loaded("Purple Cursor") to claim Fafhogg and hit a Darter...and yes is was right before a pop window.

/sigh some things can never be forgotten by LS mates.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-21 09:16:52  
CFH'd on Fafnir before, it was a total accident I kinda tripped and landed palm down on my keyboard after getting a drink. I still have no idea what Key did it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-12-21 09:40:54  
Hmmm. I remember shouting for a tele in lower jueno... hit tab to auto-translate Thank you. But without realising it came up with Thalassocrat. So my shout went like this

<Tuvae> Teleport-Mea Can I have it? Reward 1k Thalassocrat

>.>
[+]
 Shiva.Moogleking
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2010-12-21 09:46:32  
I was attempting to solo a NM (cant remember which one) as a rdm75/nin37 and i forgot i /nin and forgot to use shadows the whole fight. I died and i told LS what happen and everyone got a good laugh.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-12-21 09:52:10  
Wiped my new Dynamis shell on my first Dynamis entry. They couldn't stress enough for me not to move when I entered, but no one loaded and I thought I was late so I advanced up the stairs (Dynamis-Jeuno). Bloody massacre. Everyone laughed though so I didn't feel as bad, lol.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-21 10:03:47  
I was solo'ing Despot as RDM/NIN and was taking forever. I didn't use nukes and only used Bio II and Poison II. Despite seeing that Despot had built up full resistance to gravity, I kept trying to cast it anyway, apparently forgetting about my bind spell. This whole time, another mediocre geared Red Mage was watching me, but he didn't have a Duelist Chappeau or Crimson Cuisses like I did, so I knew he was worthless, and proceeded to laugh at him saying he couldn't kill it even if he tried.

Anyway, near 1%, Despot continues to resist gravity(my 20th cast, even though it resisted it about 5 casts in) and decides to Panzerfaust my face off. Fortunately I have RR and DoTs on it, but unfortunately the other Red Mage binds it. The moment he casts bind on it, it dies from DoT. So embarrassing.

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Wiped my new Dynamis shell on my first Dynamis entry. They couldn't stress enough for me not to move when I entered, but no one loaded and I thought I was late so I advanced up the stairs (Dynamis-Jeuno). Bloody massacre. Everyone laughed though so I didn't feel as bad, lol.

lol, this reminds me. The far western part of Dynamis - Sandy after we popped a huge hoard of orcs, I remember being on the wrong macro line and cast Diaga instead of Sleepga. Needless to say, after that night I stripped Diaga from my macro set for all eternity.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-21 10:13:34  
When I first started playing I saw someone dual weild on WAR. I thought that was the coolest thing ever! So I had one of my LS mates buy me a second axe that cost all of the gil I had. I went to equip it only to see "you must possess the dual-wield ability". Felt like such a dumbass ;)
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-12-21 10:54:53  
This would be far less embarrassing if it happened when I was a wee little squirt, but it sorta happened last night instead. I have a bullwhip belt for tp'ing in and a warwolf belt for ws'ing in. When I leveled high enough to wear the bullwhip on war, I stuffed my swift into my mog satchel. I realized about 5 levels later that I forgot to change my macro to equip the bullwhip, so I had been tp'ing in a stinky old warwolf belt for the past forever. ,~_~, gross.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-12-21 11:07:01  
I suppose my one is a bit rubbish but in my first ever Jeuno run, we got to the palace and a set of mobs were pulled, I tabbed through and got to a statue so I cast Flash on it.

Turned out it was the statue on the balcony of the palace, needless to say about 10 seconds later and army of goblins arrived and handed us our death.
[+]
 Unicorn.Lillaly
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Lillaly 2010-12-21 11:16:24  
When i first got Counterstance on my MNK, i would keep it up full time, not even relizing that it droped my DEF to nothing.

Ended up getting a party on spiders (i wanna say in Faffy land) and ate a 1800 damage sickle slash.

only then was i told that CS lowers your Def.
[+]
 Cerberus.Saithorx
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saithorx
By Cerberus.Saithorx 2010-12-21 11:30:47  
As a collector of Dynamis gear, I am working on getting all jobs 5/5.

Anyways, I won the right to lot Koga Tekko while we were fighting the wall before the dragons.
So it went something like this.
Saithorx lots X on Koga Tekko.
<Saithorx> Woot!! 5/5 NIN!
<Linkshell Leader> Saith change to DRK for DL.
Saithorx casts warp.
<Saithorx> D'oh
<Linkshell> Laughter

Worst part was that it took me over a year to finally get them. My nin is only 42, but just the 4 spaces of inventory could have been nice.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-21 11:32:49  
Don't remember mine, but for my RL friend Cbo, he fake d/c'd in a pt we were in because it sucked so bad.

When he logged back in 2 mins later he ran before ppl could see him back to the staging point. But he ran the wrong way lol so he had to run back through the pt again on his way out. ***was funny as ***.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-12-21 11:40:39  
Probably not my most embarassing moment, but it was still bad...

Talking with a GM and one of my friends at the same time, I MT'd to the GM "you jackass, I hate your face ; ;"
[+]
 Sylph.Vestal
サーバ: Sylph
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-12-21 11:42:14  
went to
Camp KB with some friends, a blm there with no ls asked if we needed some help, so i invited him to pt. I was so pumped people were helping! Before i could say thank you i was d2d along with the rest of my friends. I still laugh about that!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-12-22 00:57:14  
most embarassing moment....*thinks*

okay i got one. it's not only ingame stuff. When i bought the 2006 or 2007 Edition (with 8 or 9 CD's x.x ) i read about the monthly cost in the game. And it was allright however there was something that confused me to hell: Content ID.
At that time i couldn't spreak or write proper english and i assumed that you pay 1$ per day when you are logged into the game (manual was on english).
So what bassicly happened i planed accordingly when i could play the game and when not. Mostly i didn't logg in for days just to be able to play 4-5 hours on Weekend.
When i was in Valkurm dunes and i got all the subjob items done one my first character the party-members said: let's go level your subjob together.
I answered: i can't afford that, i have planned in 4 hour today of playing and if i play more i might not be able to play more the next week. After a couple of minutes of explaining why i was so harsh with my playtime they had a very very good and long laugh. Then i realized i can play whenever i want in the month and went on to become an alligator.

and the reason i believed that you would have to buy 1$ per day for playing was just that i figured not too many people play this game so they have to get their money faster in order to sustain service.

good times. "oh ***3 hours gotta logg".
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-22 01:06:31  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I was solo'ing Despot as RDM/NIN and was taking forever. I didn't use nukes and only used Bio II and Poison II. Despite seeing that Despot had built up full resistance to gravity, I kept trying to cast it anyway, apparently forgetting about my bind spell. This whole time, another mediocre geared Red Mage was watching me, but he didn't have a Duelist Chappeau or Crimson Cuisses like I did, so I knew he was worthless, and proceeded to laugh at him saying he couldn't kill it even if he tried.

Anyway, near 1%, Despot continues to resist gravity(my 20th cast, even though it resisted it about 5 casts in) and decides to Panzerfaust my face off. Fortunately I have RR and DoTs on it, but unfortunately the other Red Mage binds it. The moment he casts bind on it, it dies from DoT. So embarrassing.

Lol me and a guy in my LS watched two people from a douchey LS kite Despot and they died around 1% so my LS friend went up and hit it once for like 60 damage (nin) and killed it. Was pretty funny because they took forever to get it that far

First Page 2 3 4