Phalanx II merits
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 09:46:48  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You should be using Dia3 on almost any mob when you have melees about.
I wouldn't in xp/cruor pts usually. Rdms usually main job is to pull spot cure and keep ***slept. Especially good cruor pts where one pts where one pt has DDs regaining while the other is fighting and then as soon as one mob type is dead one DD damn near oneshots his mob lol.

I just hate it's duration almost as much as sinking more merits into it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-22 09:48:40  
Soloing on RDM nowdays inside Abyssea is extremely inefficient... Grab one friend and watch how much faster it will go.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 09:50:09  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I wouldn't in xp/cruor pts usually.

I wouldn't be on RDM in xp/cruor parties unless I could really help it! Fast kills are almost always better in xp, cruor maybe not so much idk.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 09:50:59  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Soloing on RDM nowdays inside Abyssea is extremely inefficient... Grab one friend and watch how much faster it will go.
Kill speed isn't even what makes it inefficient. I definitely solo'd percy 8 times in a row (about 2-3 min per kill :) well not counting buff time and getting pops) and got a total of like 2-3 seals and none of the ones I wanted...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 09:52:03  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Slow 2/para 2 cap out with enough MND. With a decent MND build/Abyssea buffs, 5/5 in both is doing *nothing* with you. All it does is let you use less MND in your potency builds. That's about it.
Potency from merits is separate from your potency from dMND, if you're using less MND because you have more merits you're doing it wrong.

Also, am I reading this right? Justifying not having Dia III because things die "too fast" yet having additional merits in spells that only have practical value when you're blood tanking to the bleeding edge of your MP pool is hilariously stupid in the current environment.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-22 09:53:05  
It's not even about kill speed persay, more so you have more chances to proc grellow or blue depending on what you need. Even TH would be more beneficial than soloing.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 09:53:31  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I wouldn't in xp/cruor pts usually.
I wouldn't be on RDM in xp/cruor parties unless I could really help it! Fast kills are almost always better in xp, cruor maybe not so much idk.
I wouldn't be allowed on rdm in a cruor pt since the only people that make them have seen me on my DDs lol.

And yes fast kills are very important in cruor pts in some ways more. Since you have required wait time as is waiting for the other mob type to be killed. And time between kills seem to have a decent effect on how much cruor you get
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 09:55:08  
Kin37ix said:
My RDM is soro onry, thats why Dia III is kinda meh to me. Like Dray said, were actually holding back dps to proc !!, and we still have Dia II. When I think Dia III, I think stuff like Kirin, KB etc, not Abyssea NMs.
Melee RDM?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 09:55:32  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
It's not even about kill speed persay, more so you have more chances to proc grellow or blue depending on what you need. Even TH would be more beneficial than soloing.
That's exactly what I was getting at. That's why I solo on thf now. Even with only a total of 7 procs on thf while rdm gets like 14-16 droprate is still much better.... and half the time kills faster even if I have to do something weird like set regen atma and back tank while I get hp back lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 09:56:23  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Kin37ix said:
My RDM is soro onry, thats why Dia III is kinda meh to me. Like Dray said, were actually holding back dps to proc !!, and we still have Dia II. When I think Dia III, I think stuff like Kirin, KB etc, not Abyssea NMs.
Melee RDM?
That reminds me I still need to make my build. I just want people to wtfing in a pt when I start smashing ***with CDC lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-22 09:57:10  
lol I was thinking of doing one when I was getting RDM to 90 a while back but just /lazymode and nuked it up.
 Siren.Mithradee
サーバ: Siren
user: Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2011-03-22 09:58:16  
Cerberus.Cleaverr said:
For solo outside of abyssea BioIII is still nice. (wind acc + ice acc 5/5)

For low man AoE abyssea pts phalanx is nice or for spikes NMs.

Ok first things first on the whole wind acc merits. They are useless in any outside soloing of nms whether at 75 or 90. Silence and gravity are both highly accurate in the first place and since most older nms build resistance to gravity. More acc is not gonna help in the end as even if it does land it will wear off in 2 sec. Your merits are better spent in convert for more mp and more nuking to speed up the fight.

And now with thunder IV coming up and being are most powerful nuke it might be plausible to get 5/5 thunder acc merits. Ice acc merits just are not what they used to be with how high are enfeeb is now adays. But that could change with next update so I am holding out on those atm.

BioIII is not something you need for solo outside and never was but yes you can make the argument for speeding up the kill. Of coarse it depends what you are soloing since zip for one takes 2-3 min just full time nuking /sch.

Phalanx 2 is negated in abyssea parties by either you subbing /sch or a sch in the party using aoe phalanx one. Yes it does not last as long but it is not like you are overly busy since you are mainly debuffing and nuking. So far in any situation low man or not in abyssea I have not had a nm that I went "Oh my god I need phalanx II cause my mnk is dieing!."

Not sure how Blind 2 works at 90 but at 75 it sucked is all I know. Maybe it has changed now but have not done the numbers on it. I am assuming tho to make it worth while you would need 4-5 merits in it but again not to sure on that.

Slow 2 and para 2 to me atm are my best options so I went for them.

Dia III used to be used for 3 things that I remember. 1. Idiot blms casting Bio2 on xp mobs instead of dia. 2. People wanting big numbers on mobs so you cast it and stack with all other def down things. And 3. Zerg fights. These days xp parties if the mobs are not being killed before you can cast on every mob then yourdoingitwrong. ***dies way to fast to have to worry about it. Nuke more and the def % is not even shown as a 3k nuke beats it out.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 10:03:13  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Kin37ix said:
Melee RDM?
That reminds me I still need to make my build. I just want people to wtfing in a pt when I start smashing ***with CDC lol
Yeah I need to get my build up to speed since I should be finishing Almace soonish =\ I have basically no melee gear for RDM though so it'll take some time to finish.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-22 10:03:41  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Kin37ix said:
Melee RDM?
Yeah I need to get my build up to speed since I should be finishing Almace soonish =\ I have basically no melee gear for RDM though so it'll take some time to finish.

Oh yeah? Nice, have fun with it :o
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 10:05:58  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Kin37ix said:
Melee RDM?
Oh yeah? Nice, have fun with it :o
Yeah it should be fun even with only WoE swd... the really hard part of course is the tp set. So little haste gear for rdm. Like I think unless I sink a bit of money into it or go farming some stuff like speed belt zelos nash I'm at less than 20% haste lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-22 10:08:17  
Augment some shantotto legs with haste? :P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 10:09:05  
I have Nash pants from forever ago lol. Missing pretty much everything else though... No Zelus Tiara, no Goliard Saio, no Goading Belt. At least Goading will be easy, pretty sure we still have pops from farming Tahrongi.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-22 10:13:31  
lol Nice changed your mind... again?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-22 10:13:34  
LolRDM

Play a real job.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 10:18:06  
Kin37ix said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Dia III/Phalanx II/Bio III/Blind II are hilariously stupid in the current environment.

ftfy
Your crappy meriting logic stopped being relevant or interesting 20 minutes ago, go away.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
LolRDM

Play a real job.
I like having a real Phalanx :( With /RDM Phalanx I still take damage pulling mobs for Charged Whisker!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-22 10:24:45  
Kin37ix said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Your crappy meriting logic stopped being relevant or interesting 20 minutes ago, go away.

O hai guyz, I haz 2 merits in Dia III cuz iz logics.

Why don't you hop out the thread and go solo yourself somewhere. You are just looking like a retard atm.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 10:32:27  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
They are my movement speed and pdt pants :(
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-22 10:35:55  

25% haste without legs!

Cant wait to test it on exp-mobs:p
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-22 10:39:10  
Kin37ix said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
They are my movement speed and pdt pants :(
8% is so subtle, I'd totally drop it for 3% haste.
And you call yourself a soloer
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7