フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Best neck WS piece for THF
Best neck WS piece for THF
 Titan.Eiryn
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-04-19 09:11:59  
Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
With all of this being said, would Love torque be better for Drakesbane instead of a gorget? I could only assume so with all that has been said. Also if you disregard the DEX on love torque, wouldn't Agasaya's Collar beat Love torque? the torques only provide 6acc/atk if you disregard their added stat

Drakes doesn't have a Dex modifier, so I would say no. *cringes as he waits for Dasva's opinion* =P
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-19 09:17:55  
Titan.Eiryn said:
Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
With all of this being said, would Love torque be better for Drakesbane instead of a gorget? I could only assume so with all that has been said. Also if you disregard the DEX on love torque, wouldn't Agasaya's Collar beat Love torque? the torques only provide 6acc/atk if you disregard their added stat
Drakes doesn't have a Dex modifier, so I would say no. *cringes as he waits for Dasva's opinion* =P
It does however crit so outside of abyssea the dex would help
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-19 09:18:16  
For Evisceration, Gorget is roughly equal to Love Torque for unstacked. For stacked with SA, Love Torque is clearly better.

For Drakesbane, Gorget should win unless the 5DEX is doing something amazing to your critrate (dDEX doesn't do all THAT much until you're getting your last few points of it; if the DEX is giving you those, it might win ... otherwise, no).
 Bahamut.Bizarro
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2011-04-19 09:19:39  
Are you maybe thing of the whole barrage acc calculations done for your multi hit WSs? I only ask because your explanation seems very familiar to how acc is calculated on all 5(+) arrows of barrage. Also while Drakes does not have a dex mod the "way" back in the dark pre-abyssea ages was to put dex in where possible to break a crit tier on it vs your intended target. (lolibri)
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-19 09:21:18  
Bahamut.Bizarro said:
"way" back in the dark pre-abyssea ages
I lol'd
 Lakshmi.Rudman
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rudman
By Lakshmi.Rudman 2011-04-20 10:52:03  
What about for Rudra's Storm? Would Love Torque/Cuchalain's Belt combo work better than soil/shadow Gorget/ soil/shadow belt? Not much of a mathematician lol
 Titan.Eiryn
サーバ: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-04-20 10:58:13  
With the fTP being so high that would be a toss up considering how it also has a 60% dex modifier. Is it considered a 1hit? If it is I would, personally without any testing, say that gorget/belt combo would be better.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-20 11:00:19  
Titan.Eiryn said:
With the fTP being so high that would be a toss up considering how it also has a 60% dex modifier. Is it considered a 1hit? If it is I would, personally without any testing, say that gorget/belt combo would be better.

High FTP, so gorget/belt is a small increase.
Love/cuchulain's is probably the best bet
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-20 11:08:39  
I can do the math if you want but I would probably echo Love/Cuch.

Elemental belts as a whole are pretty meh and often outdone by Anguinus/Cuchulain's/Warwolf.
 Lakshmi.Rudman
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rudman
By Lakshmi.Rudman 2011-04-20 11:10:53  
Cool thanks for the info. I'll start working on getting a love torque soon then.
 Sylph.Gredival
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-04-20 18:26:35  
Titan.Eiryn said:

When I tested builds to try find the max potential for Mercy vs. the max potential for Rudra, Love and Cuchulain's Belt was the best neck/belt combination for Rudra -- at least when stacked.
 Leviathan.Kajii
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kajii
By Leviathan.Kajii 2011-04-22 13:50:24  
I use Gorget for WS. Never did any actual tests, but I seem to get better numbers with it.

As far as TP isn't Agasaya's ideal for low man stuff? I have a Love T and have been using it to TP up until last week when I got Agasaya's. Which is the better one to use?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 14:06:28  
Leviathan.Kajii said:
I use Gorget for WS. Never did any actual tests, but I seem to get better numbers with it.

As far as TP isn't Agasaya's ideal for low man stuff? I have a Love T and have been using it to TP up until last week when I got Agasaya's. Which is the better one to use?

Agasaya is better for DD, and if you need subtle blow.
Love wins if you need acc.
 Caitsith.Kalima
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Kalima
By Caitsith.Kalima 2011-04-22 16:03:18  
Don't have love, but if I did I would probably still use agasaya's for TP (SB *** here) and use love for solo SA and SAWS.

Outside abyssea, same deal unless I needed to cap dDEX or accuracy with love, but the two are so close I would probably still use them as stated above, except would full time love for all WSs.