フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » State of the art WS
State of the art WS
First Page 2
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-21 09:05:29  
So while I am off the game I still try stay up do date on the latest gear sets that can be made out there as optimal WS builds for WAR.
I'd like to hear if these are more or less accurate as current "best WS builds" specifically for WAR GA WSs like RR, KJ, FC and SC.
I know RR is the only WS we use in Abyssea, unless of course we have Ukko's fury, but that doesn't mean we should be forgetting about the other WSs that to the very least can be used as !! trigger or for AoE farming.

All these sets are made with Abyssea buffs in mind. I've made 2 sets for RR to adapt to Berserk up/down conditions as I recall a few other WARs on forum mentioning it's effective even in Abyssea.

For the other WSs I've sticked with 1 WS build, so here it goes (just to avoid eventual mistakes, title is followed by the WS set, not the other way around):

- RR with Berserk Up Build: If I remember correctly, beir belt +1 might be somewhat better, although personally I doubt it would make a noticeable difference.

- RR with Berserk Down Build: Body and Ring change to push Attack back up (I know, lolring swap but I kinda like strigoi)

- KJ and FC Build: With both WSs being compatible to Breeze belt, I figured this would save some macro slots in my lolXBox macro book. I'm guessing Twilight helm and STR earrings would be better for FC since the WS itself is 1 hit and I have never seen TP return increases even with the use of Warrior's charge (which means either it cannot DA or my current WS build for it likes to wiff a lot XD ... I hope not <_<')

- SC Build: Some people may claim Ravager's mask +2 is better, but I don't see the extra DA on it as significant as some extra STR-VIT modifiers topped by 25 Attack on a 1 Hit WS most people would use with Warrior's Charge. I've also swapped Ravager's earring with Aesir to try and stack on some extra Conserve TP. I have yet to try the proc rate on belt + earring. Perhaps someone else has and can share the results here

I made these sets not only for myself but also to try and help out any WAR that may still need a hint or two on what to aim for to further boost his WS sets. I'm really hoping on a few of the WAR/Math experts here on forum to comment on any mistake I made in my selection of gear now.

Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-21 10:17:29  
Steel Cyclone gets a pdif boost, so it caps attack easier than the others.
Twilight mail is probably better, unless you'r fighting something with really high defence
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-04-21 10:26:19  
Sorry, but since getting UF, I've been getting progressively lazier with making/analyzing sets for other GAxe ws.
I will say though, that I think clout boots should be better for KJ/SC depending on what you need for your XHit build, especially if your acc/dex allow for Heafocs.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-21 10:54:17  
Ive never really been impressed with grim +1 inside abyssea.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-21 13:54:47  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Steel Cyclone gets a pdif boost, so it caps attack easier than the others.
Twilight mail is probably better, unless you'r fighting something with really high defence

I was considering Twilight Body over Ares. I guess part of the reason I chose Ares was because I never got to enjoy it much after I got it so I went all nostalgic lol
Still, I really wonder if a good amount of Attack wouldn't beat 3 more STR and VIT, especially out of Abyssea where we are supposively heading after the May update, but only time will tell.

Bismarck.Altar said:
Sorry, but since getting UF, I've been getting progressively lazier with making/analyzing sets for other GAxe ws.
I will say though, that I think clout boots should be better for KJ/SC depending on what you need for your XHit build, especially if your acc/dex allow for Heafocs.

Well grats on your UF then! :D (I want to work on one too! >_< )

I know of clout boots but for the precise reason you pointed out I'm pretty fussy about them. The fact I own Heca feet +1 made my choice sound safer at least, since the -Stp would probably force me to WS in extra Stp and eventually give up on more than just the 2 STR diference between HQ Heca and Clout.

As for Heafoc, the -DEX and -Acc haven't bothered my mithra so far. Of course these builds were meant for inside Aby activities. The gear sets would change quite a bit outside.

Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Ive never really been impressed with grim +1 inside abyssea.

The reason I used HQ Grim was just to try and show the current "top end" piece for the specific slot, at least for the specific build. I'm sure the difference between NQ and HQ isn't that easily noticeable as you said, but it's still an improvement.

Thanks for the tips though, I'll definitely add them to my list and try them out when I return. The fact the rest of the gear seems to be coming through unscarred is a good start! :)
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-04-21 14:37:47  
Odin.Sheelay said:

I have never seen TP return increases even with the use of Warrior's charge (which means either it cannot DA or my current WS build for it likes to wiff a lot XD ... I hope not <_<')

Don't quote me on it, but I believe Fell Cleave can DA/TA as I've done the WS on a bunch of the Frogs in La Thiene, and I've had the lowest damage be 3475, and highest be 5896. Also when it comes to the FC burns I've done, I would always get restore chest so Warrior's Charge would be used 100% of the time. I know I've seen FC as low as 1500(ish) during Mighty Strikes, and as high as 5900~6000.

La Thiene Crapaudy Fell Cleave

Also, this is my FC macro, though the gear may be a little outdated since I havent needed to use the WS for a while now. FC without buffs usually is about 800 to about 2000, whereas full buffs are generally low 3k 4.5k and 6k.

^was lazy and thats from script directly not a gear set >.>
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-21 14:56:24  
The damage on FC is fairly erratic imo so the question if it could DA/TA or not stays.

The only way to establish that is to check the TP return from the WS. Let's say you're using a 13 Tp/Hit GA. Unless you DA/TA your TP return from it will always be 13 (testing is best done outside Abyssea or with no Regain Atmas of course).
From my personal experience, I don't recall ever seeing my TP return being over 13, aside from the rare Conserve TP procs on Aesir Ear pendant.

An interesting thing I noticed was that even when missing the targeted mob, therefore returning to a flat 0 TP, the other mobs could still be hit by the WS.

This is my current KJ/FC build:

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-04-21 15:07:43  
I may check on it later, but I have this tendancy of being lazy... so D: lol... but this actually does intrigue me... If DA/TA cant proc, how is the damage up to a 3k difference with mobs that should be within only 1 or 2 levels apart X_X?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-21 15:33:10  
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
I may check on it later, but I have this tendancy of being lazy... so D: lol... but this actually does intrigue me... If DA/TA cant proc, how is the damage up to a 3k difference with mobs that should be within only 1 or 2 levels apart X_X?

Well, if the data on Wiki is correct, it has a pretty high and fixed (100=200=300%tp) TP damage multiplier of 2.75, and then it has a 60% STR mod

RR and KJ start at 1.0 and rise with higher TP, Steel Cyclone has a 3.0 damage multiplier, at 300% TP though, so in comparison that's pretty damn high!

The fact it's AoE could mean there's some form of "resistance factor" from the WS similar to -ga spells, hence the 3k difference between mobs hit by the same WS, or maybe it deals a different type of damage, like blunt or Formless strikes types, but these are just my personal speculations.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-21 16:53:50  
FC can DA/TA. You probably don't get the extra TP because of the AoE nature. The DA/TA chance is applied to each mob individually, not all at once.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-21 17:47:10  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
FC can DA/TA. You probably don't get the extra TP because of the AoE nature. The DA/TA chance is applied to each mob individually, not all at once.

Sounds pretty damn complex! Damn SE

Edit: hmm, I was censored for saying a word I never thought would be considered as offensive.
Oh well, time to adapt to the new rules before I endup sounding more vulgar than I meant to simply because some * will pop instead of letters XD
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-04-22 10:06:03  
By the way, just wondering... Why WS in AF3+2 feet, and legs? The Legs I can kind of see, for DA+5%, but the feet offer only acc+7 towards RR. Not sure how much the STR+13 offers as comparable to 2% DA (ares's legs + heca +1 feet vs AF3+2 legs/feet). But I'd think the STR+ would outweight it @_@;;.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-22 11:26:08  
By the way, just wondering... Why WS in AF3+2 feet, and legs? The Legs I can kind of see, for DA+5%, but the feet offer only acc+7 towards RR. Not sure how much the STR+13 offers as comparable to 2% DA (ares's legs + heca +1 feet vs AF3+2 legs/feet). But I'd think the STR+ would outweight it @_@;;.

ravager's calligae +2 have a straight +10% Critical hit damage boost, making them the best feet for Crit WSs such as RR (With Razed Ruins Atma, WAR Crit Attack Bonus trait and these feet you can nearly cap critical hit damage).

In Abyssea, given the huge base stat boosts, the +5% DA and Attack +15 make AF3+2 legs a much better option than some pure STR legs or mid STR +DA like Hachiryu or Ares.

Outside of Abyssea a few WS sets would have to change noticeably to compensate for the lower stats.

Depending on race, therefore base DEX, a good RR build could look something like this (Notice: I edited this gear set based on further advises):

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-04-22 14:32:02  
Duuurp, I /always/ forget that crit hit dmg+ is on the feet -_-;;... Now it makes more sense.

Even though I play in abyssea all the time, my mind still thinks as though we're out, because I havent really sat down and thought about all of the atma choices and buffs we receive in abyssea. I never got into the fTP, fStats, and other mathmatical equations about ffxi to begin with really anyways xD. I wouldn't know when fSTR caps on what mobs and stuff because I never learned anything past the 4 STR = 1 fSTR and such :<... The only thing I messed with was hit rate vs colibri back in the day. I dont even really care to look back on this stuff now either XD.

Anywho, thanks for pointing that out... I cant believe I kept missing that part of the boots :<
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-22 16:48:11  
For DD WAR, the Atma choices are pretty well known:

Most people will adopt Atma of the Razed Ruins (+50 DEX, +30% Critical hitrate and +30% Crit hit damage), Atma of the Voracious Violet (+50 STR, 2Tp/tick regain and + 5% DA) and Atma of the Apocalypse (+15% TA, +10% Quick Magic and Auto Reraise).

Thanks to Atmas you can actually skip some of the math since you can pretty much give some of it for granted.

Outside of Abyssea, if I remember correctly, for colibri parties at 75 people knew that to cap their crit rate on them they needed about 120 DEX, hence the gear changes I showed you as an example of what could be the future RR build for new, higher level mobs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 17:04:12  
Odin.Sheelay said:

ravager's calligae +2 have a straight +10% Critical hit damage boost, making them the best feet for Crit WSs such as RR (With Razed Ruins Atma, WAR Crit Attack Bonus trait and these feet you can nearly cap critical hit damage).

In Abyssea, given the huge base stat boosts, the +5% DA and Attack +15 make AF3+2 legs a much better option than some pure STR legs or mid STR +DA like Hachiryu or Ares.

Outside of Abyssea a few WS sets would have to change noticeably to compensate for the lower stats.

Depending on race, therefore base DEX, a good RR build could look something like this:

Greater Colibri are RDM mobs with E rank AGI. As such, builds optimized for meriting tended to have insufficient DEX to cap on endgame monsters. For a range of comparison, Mamool Ja Lurkers have 96 AGI and their mob family has a C rank AGI score. I'm willing to bet your build would come up short on dDEX even on some old-content monsters. Twilight Helm and Warwolf Belt would likely be beneficial in a crit-based set geared towards future content. Heca feet and a DEX+3/4 earring likely would be as well but you're pushing the limits of viability at that point.

If critrate is not high I'd potentially advise against using AF3+2 feet.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-22 17:12:54  
About time you handed your opinion, Night! Ty

Edit: I realize what you're saying with Twilight helm, but comparing the 10 DEX and 25 Attack on it VS the 14 Acc/Atk, +3% Crit rate and +4% DA on AF3+2 head for a multihit WS seems like a stretched trade off, wouldn't you agree?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 17:56:03  
It's potentially 2 STR, 7% critrate, and 11 attack vs 6.5 acc and 4% DA. RR is already a 3-hit WS and high multiattack rate pushes fTP up further so the 4% DA would be a ~2% increase, leaving only the acc. With all the DEX and acc that set's already pushing I doubt acc would be an issue. In optimal situations it's pretty clear that Twilight is better, but that's also disregarding any sacrifices you've made previously, etc... it does tend to add up in favor of maximizing dDEX but the higher mob AGI gets the closer they'll be.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-22 18:00:43  
Thanks Night! I always value your opinion a lot
 Cerberus.Yannie
サーバ: Cerberus
user: TheYannie
By Cerberus.Yannie 2011-04-22 18:29:00  
Posted my thought on outside abyssea RR/Ukko gear sets here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/19774/ukkos-fury-setup/5/

This is what I'm using atm

I tried using war mask +2 at first, but when I switched to twilight helm I noticed a very large increase in Ukko's damage. This was on campaign mobs.
I'd be willing to bet with a thundersoul ring, and jupiter's pearl the mask+2 would be better. The same will go for Raging Rush.
Oh and if I had them, N.legs+1 would be much better to use over Byakko's Haidate.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-04-23 00:06:19  
Odin.Sheelay said:
For DD WAR, the Atma choices are pretty well known:

Most people will adopt Atma of the Razed Ruins (+50 DEX, +30% Critical hitrate and +30% Crit hit damage), Atma of the Voracious Violet (+50 STR, 2Tp/tick regain and + 5% DA) and Atma of the Apocalypse (+15% TA, +10% Quick Magic and Auto Reraise).

^ This is why I generally dont look much into the math side of FFXI... Most everything that matters for my DD are capped with atmas, and the insane amount of stats gained from cruor buffs and new better gear... VV/RR/AoA are what I use all the time, cause if I need better survivability, I'd just go NIN or something @_@;;.

I generally stay out of item sets unless I get that random urge to post something, but I've never looked at 'whats best.' Just have a general idea for the most part, and that general idea is based off of what it was before x:. Gonna be looking at changing some macros up here soon methinks @_@
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-23 00:27:40  
That's exactly why I made this topic.

I'll keep returning to it as we progress up in lvls and gear to keep the "theoretical" best builds in mind for myself and all the rest of the WARs.
It makes it much easier for everyone than having to make new topics every time.

I'm going to edit the sets up top based on the few corrections that were handed out.
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-05-02 20:31:58  
Just curious about the ele belts for warrior, are they getting for RR and Ukkos?
Or SC I guess if we see out if abyssea content in the updates.

Edit: I remember reading about the belts not being as good just because we already have good belt options.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-02 20:57:41  
Ele belts are always a fine choice for WS, but they lose much inside of Abyssea due to cruor buffs and Atmas.

If I recall correctly, they're especially good for RR and SC, which have lower TP mods (static 1.0 for RR and 1.5/1.75/3.0 for SC) compared to Ukko's Fury static 2.0, meaning Ukko's would benefit more from the STR of a Beir belt +1. Inside Abyssea you can probably stick with Beir belt, with the exception of Attack being low due to Berserk down.

For outside Abyssea though, I'd probably stick with belts fulltime.
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-05-02 21:07:34  
Bleh more stuff to get. Thanks.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-02 21:10:21  
With just Snow and Breeze you can cover RR, KJ, FC, SC and UF
 Fenrir.Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-05-02 21:15:59  
Well that isn't so bad.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-02 21:46:31  
Ele belts are also easy to get since they are 100% drop off NMs in Aby
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-22 22:46:17  
I promised I'd try keep an up to date list of what are supposed to be the best WS builds for WAR so, seeing how the introduction of a few new items and the addition of Synergy Augments to Abj. gear have changed a few options, here it goes (once again, if I missed a few items or misunderstood the overall consensus, I'll Edit this list):

- First of all, the TP set. I have no problem believing a well made 6Hit build can beat a 5Hit build due to the sacrifices made to take 1 hit out so, since Adaman/Armada has been proven capable of obtaining at least as much Stp and DA augments as Askar Body, this would make the new top TP build, both Inside and Outside Abyssea (correct me if I'm wrong):

- I'll take out the least used WSs next, since they have changed little and therefore need less discussing about.

King's Justice/Fell Cleave. The only variation here is the return of properly augmented heca feet which, iirc, can get up to +5 STR and +GA skill augments. This set should cover both Inside and Outside scenarios:

Steel Cyclone. This is where I take a personal "leap of faith" and say the new jingang hose and jingang greaves are quite nice for SC alone (you give up some STR in exchange for some considerable amounts of VIT), and this set will work well both Inside and Outside Abyssea:

- Now the hard part. Raging Rush and Ukko's Fury. These two WSs are the ones that require most attention over buffs and location. Luckily, they at least share similar sets.

Inside Abyssea, Raging Rush/Ukko's Fury, Berserk Up. (Note, neck and belt will vary depending on the WS. Snow works for RR and Breeze works for UF). Iirc, a properly augmented pair of bellicus cuisses can go up to +2 WS Damage and +2 Crit Hit rate and would prove optimal, but due to the extreme rarity of those 2 augments, let alone the slim chance of getting both together on the same pair, let's stick to something slightly easier to obtain such as a +4% Crit Dmg augmented pair of Byakko's Haidate:

Inside Abyssea, Raging Rush/Ukko's Fury, Berserk Down. grim cuirass remains the most convenient swap to bump your Attack up:

Outside Abyssea, Raging Rush/Ukko's Fury. This is where most people will argue about the extreme focus on DEX, but for new NMs such as the ones from Voidwatch, it will probably prove most ideal due to the need to increase your crit rate before even going to crit damage. After all, the new VNM are supposed to be the tip of the iceberg for new Endgame, so it's not bad to keep in mind the possibility we will once again need to worry about wiffing stuff and such. Aaand I can't spoiler this one so no more shrinking this wall of text:

I hope this turns out to be an appropriate list and will be of use to me as much as it will to everyone else. Otherwise I'll simply fix the errors and Edit it. Cheers
First Page 2