フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Alexander » Apademak's Horns
Apademak's Horns
First Page 2 3
 Alexander.Msthief
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-25 20:24:43  
Alright peoples I'm working on my 90 Kannagi and am running into a wall when it comes to sisyphus fragments.

(Skip the following paragraph if you know about Dhorme/Apademak)
If you have no idea about Apademak here is the situation: I need 75 of his horns to upgrade my Kannagi and his pop is a key item from Dhorme Khimaira. Dhorme Khimaira requires three non-KI pops, but the only one of consequence is the sisyphus fragment. I'm not the richest person but I'm buying them as often as I can (they go for 150k-200k) and drop off the NM Sisyphus who's a total d-bag in every way imaginable. I have killed him seven times and he dropped two the first two times and nil the last five. Gold box farming is out of the question for the time being but that's beside the point.

Basically, if you're willing to put up a popset (or even just a fragment) I'm willing to match your fragment and then some depending on how many people come with me. We will kill Dhorme and proc him then I will brew Apademaks. Recently I did this with a friend and he got 4 of each +2 item.

tl;dr - Get me a Sisyphus fragment and you get lots of +2 upgrade items. Just give me a /tell in-game.

Edit (This might just be blabbering so fair warning):

1. I will guarantee at least one match. Let's say you are the only person joining me - I will put up two or three fragments and you get everything minus the horns. If two people are coming and we do a total of four (each person gets one match by me)... but one fails because of my doing (I have 12/13 red proc's and I will be liberal about what counts as my mistake), I will personally make it up to you by inviting you on the next outing. I do not worry about proc'ing but I make sure to have a /thf TH2 mage in there.

2. The following are the drops you might be interested in:
- War, Blu, Drk, Sch body seals off of Dhorme Khimaira. I will make a fair effort to proc yellow if you wish, but this mob gets nasty if you take too long so that will always be second behind red proc'ing.
- Magoraga necklace which is -10% to utsu cast time and that's a 100% drop.
- Jewel of Ardor: BLM,DNC,PUP,RDM,SAM Body. Guaranteed 1, I saw two drop in six kills with TH2 and no proc.
- Coin of Ardor: THF,DRK,RNG,SMN,COR Body. Not guaranteed but I'd say about a 50% chance in my limited experience.
- Phurba - Waltz potency dagger. I will never go to the trouble of proc'ing blue, but if you're a dancer coming here for the jewels this is a bonus.

3. I can solo the entire thing and I know you can do Apademak without a brew. I hate people, I hate depending on people, and I have a few million cruor so I'd rather get the hard fight over with instead of hoping some random *** knows how to stun properly.

4. If you come and are a complete moron (like you repeatedly cast thunder spells on both mobs) I will ruin your life. As of right now I have no job and no expectations IRL, so it would be very hard to out-do me.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-25 20:29:25  
Another one? Sheesh....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-25 20:32:21  
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Another one? Sheesh....

This guy is willing to work. Not the same.
[+]
 Leviathan.Novax
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-04-25 20:33:27  
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-25 20:33:43  
At least he's offering to brew the pops and leave the +2 items to the popset owner
[+]
 Bahamut.Wakabo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-04-25 20:33:52  
But 5M and all those KS and BS...
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-25 20:35:00  
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Another one? Sheesh....

Raenryong's thread. Not the same as kuro's.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-04-25 20:37:11  
Find a way to make some gil and just buy them all instead.
Sky, sea, WoE, brews. whatever
or you're gonna be on that forever
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-25 20:37:45  
It's actually a pretty sweet deal if you don't want horns yourself.

If you were on Odin, I'd totally throw down.

Also, OP says he's buying them as he can.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-04-25 20:39:26  
getting 90 kannagi is no fun
He's legit
[+]
 Alexander.Msthief
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-25 20:51:00  
Thank you everyone for calling out trolls, it's appreciated. I'm hoping to catch people who would rather trade their frags for +2 items rather than cash.

I like to think I have a reputation for being a stand-up guy and a pretty good player. I might be an *** who comes in and pops ahead of you without saying anything but I always make good on my agreements. I'm adding an edit section for people who might be too lazy to wiki it.
[+]
 Odin.Sparow
user: Sparow
By Odin.Sparow 2011-04-25 21:00:09  
With which weaponskill are you brewing yours?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Msthief
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-25 21:09:21  
I'm lazy and am just doing Hi for a solid 4 per brew. I know I could do better and I know I should do better, but mathematically I can safely make it to 75 horns this way. If anyone would like to give me tips for this mob in particular I'd love to hear it, the only Apademak-specific brew I've heard about is wildfire and even though carabosse/cirein are an absolute joke I want my kannagi.

Also, to side-track this convo. What do you guys think about 25% haste + full empyrean compared to 25.4% haste + AF body (which only gives you 3% dual wield). I'm not looking for math, but curious what you guys find the optimal build to be.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-04-25 21:18:05  
ya gotta vouch for this. Sisyphus is a total douche. Every single other T3 Empyrean trial mob the drops are either easily obtainable or have simple mob > pop whatnot. I think we killed 8 yesterday with no drop. Goldbox isn't reliable, and you might end up shelling a pretty hefty amount of gil.

Unlike all the other drivel, at least people get a good deal out of this. Good luck!
 Alexander.Msthief
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-25 21:21:04  
Yeah I laughed at people in full Empyrean until I figured out I wasn't getting the full 5% on the AF body. Full empyrean gives me an extra 6% DA on my offhand compared to a 3% dual wield, so I'd say more or less they offset. I love the emp body because the crit rate+ is nice when I need to use SS.

On SS: *** Orthrus. Just... *** him. Most annoying thing I have ever tanked.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-04-25 21:38:51  
Hello,
I got my kannagi90 recently took about 5-7 runs. What I did was /sh a YoYd kinda thing (by a pop to get a KI). So those that had Apa KI could join in as well. I also got a pop and my +2 items were free lot. I tried to go on thunders day. So I gathered 8 people roughly farmed azure and TE for about 10-20min then start on Dhrome. Run through get everyone KI. By the time u do that it should be coming up to Darksday. That means all !! can be proc'd and you have another 4hrs of safety. nin,whm,blm,blm is all you need to kill. Get one mage to stun on pop and one to get ready as u bring it to cliff. Alternate stun and nuke ice in downtime after that. As nin u should be able to hold hate til at least 50% then blm start taking over. Get them to douse. Other than that fight on the side and it is cake. RED !! will make it turn so no a good idea (Weak for 1min sucks and can jeopardize ur run). GL with it and I hoped that I helped a little.
 Alexander.Msthief
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-25 22:01:52  
Valefor.Neokenesis said:
Hello,
I got my kannagi90 recently took about 5-7 runs. What I did was /sh a YoYd kinda thing (by a pop to get a KI). So those that had Apa KI could join in as well. I also got a pop and my +2 items were free lot. I tried to go on thunders day. So I gathered 8 people roughly farmed azure and TE for about 10-20min then start on Dhrome. Run through get everyone KI. By the time u do that it should be coming up to Darksday. That means all !! can be proc'd and you have another 4hrs of safety. nin,whm,blm,blm is all you need to kill. Get one mage to stun on pop and one to get ready as u bring it to cliff. Alternate stun and nuke ice in downtime after that. As nin u should be able to hold hate til at least 50% then blm start taking over. Get them to douse. Other than that fight on the side and it is cake. RED !! will make it turn so no a good idea (Weak for 1min sucks and can jeopardize ur run). GL with it and I hoped that I helped a little.

Thank you very much, I'll do a few shouts in Jeuno the next time I head out, that's a great idea (there have to be a handful of people who did Dhorme just for the body seals). I think I'll just continue brewing so that I don't have to depend on stunners, but I appreciate the standing on the side comment.
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-25 22:05:42  
All in all "trolling" set aside, good luck with it, I know Raenryong seemed like they were going to kill someone out of frustration, hope you have an easier time.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-04-25 22:27:00  
Alexander.Msthief said:
Valefor.Neokenesis said:
Hello,

Thank you very much, I'll do a few shouts in Jeuno the next time I head out, that's a great idea (there have to be a handful of people who did Dhorme just for the body seals). I think I'll just continue brewing so that I don't have to depend on stunners, but I appreciate the standing on the side comment.

Brewing can get crazy with cruor. I know its not hard to come by but Apa is really a waste of a brew. You'll have to lock yourself until your group can proc magic !! so you if they can last that long they can last the battle. After the first 2 fights you'll find that they(ur stunners) should get into a rhythm. But still just call next stunner just incase of miss communication. A good group of say blu,mnk,nin,whm,blm,blm,brd (all grellow!!") can burn an Apa in about 5min (10min at most).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-25 22:48:15  
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
All in all "trolling" set aside, good luck with it, I know Raenryong seemed like they were going to kill someone out of frustration, hope you have an easier time.

Yes, it can be ridiculously annoying. If you have a group of friends to help you, you have no problem. Relying on pickup stunners etc will produce the most FFFFFFFFF experience of your life.
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-25 22:49:50  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:

Yes, it can be ridiculously annoying. If you have a group of friends to help you, you have no problem. Relying on pickup stunners etc will produce the most FFFFFFFFF experience of your life.

mithra *** face, what has been seen....
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-25 22:50:32  
:(((
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-25 22:56:09  

BOOM!
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-25 22:58:14  
nnnooooooooooooooooooooo
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-25 22:59:13  
I think it's pretty good.

edit: good enough for avatar?
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-04-25 23:09:11  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:

And you have been playing the game how long? Over the course of a few years you learn who to invite and who not to. If they are incompetent at other jobs they will more than likely be incompetent as stunner and vice versa.
 Alexander.Msthief
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-25 23:13:17  
Well seeing as we're derailing here, thank you everyone for your input... I'll just hope someone from my actual server takes advantage of this.
 Alexander.Inuyasha
user: Inuyasha
By Alexander.Inuyasha 2011-04-27 01:38:56  
Alexander.Msthief said:
Well seeing as we're derailing here, thank you everyone for your input... I'll just hope someone from my actual server takes advantage of this.
<insert inu losing his easy +2ing partner> ;_;

but yea, when ig et the gil im totally taking advantage of you again :3

the run i did we went 11/12 horns (one Apa dropped 1 horn....) and gor 3/36 Jewels and 3/18 jewels i needed for body +2's doing this with Msthief. Its effective and it works out very well :D

also, got my Phurba and mag beads off apadamak and im totally gunna do much better thanks to Msthief :D

Gluck with your Kannagi (90) dude! :) youll prolly have it tommorrow when i log on <_< >_>
First Page 2 3