users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » That Perfect TH number
That Perfect TH number
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-27 12:11:36  
Anyone experience that having TH 8 on a mob tends to yield better drops than 9? but having TH 11 on a mob gets full drops?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-27 12:16:13  
Just luck based:P
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-27 12:17:51  
Dataset, sample size, placebo, etc. (TH is a lie)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-27 12:27:24  
last i heard, TH went up to TH4, how does it go to 11 ? lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-27 12:30:02  
Bismarck.Misao said:
last i heard, TH went up to TH4, how does it go to 11 ? lol

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Hunter
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-27 12:43:04  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
And honestly I think some NMs resist TH proccing. I was fighting the raja trigger chariot yesterday and spamming SA, TA using thf af3 gloves (enhancing TH stacking effect using SA TA) and it did *** all for about 15 mins of spamming Normally I'd get a lot of procs
It could be possible that his melee hits are considered TP moves like the Ironclads (saying this cuz of the Stun add effect), and TH is the same as all other procs and does not proc when a TP move is used.
nah we procced blu and it kept smacking me regardless and Ive procced TH before while a mob was doing a move hmmm
No it's just considered for proccing not actually attacking like ironclads
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-04-27 12:45:09  
meh we just get it up to 7 then kill the mob.. if it goes higher then great but no point trying to take a lifetime to max out somthing that is most likly a margianal bouns.

Oddly enough we seem to have better luck with th7 then th8 in terms of drops... but in the end its all luck based.
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-04-27 14:02:00  
hmmm, is this for real? I've been away for quite a while so i can't even be sure anymore, but really...sounds like *** to me. Before i stopped playing TH boosts were considered to work like any added effect, and in such a way that they even prevented other added effects from happening when they procd. Saying that TH boosts work like a weakness proc, for me, is like saying that an enspell can't proc if a mob uses a tp move.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-27 14:09:05  
Remora.Laphine said:
hmmm, is this for real? I've been away for quite a while so i can't even be sure anymore, but really...sounds like *** to me. Before i stopped playing TH boosts were considered to work like any added effect, and in such a way that they even prevented other added effects from happening when they procd. Saying that TH boosts work like a weakness proc, for me, is like saying that an enspell can't proc if a mob uses a tp move.

TH procs have nothing to do with when the mob is casting/using an ability etc., just ignore that statement.

There is no magic TH number. The more you have, the higher the chance you'll get what you want. Getting a certain amount of TH will never guarantee full drops.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2011-04-27 14:10:50  
TH will in fact proc while the mob is using an ability, it works just like any other add. effect in that regard. I've seen it plenty of times. (No I don't have a SS of it happening because I didn't realize this was actually in debate until now.)