users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » has best thf tp/ws set ever been decided
has best thf tp/ws set ever been decided
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-07 13:31:25  
I read through the other thread, but want know has it ever actually been decided what the best gear sets for tp and ws evi/dancing edge for inside and outside of aby and which atmas. You know the loki vs af3+2 body and af3+2 set procs along with which dagger best to off hand. There seems to be alot of debate but no real consensus on which is better to use? Also if should be useing elemental gorget/belts in ws.

Me personally i think only peicesmissing is epona ring and trial dagger/twashtar but figuring the best combo sems be a pain.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-05-07 13:48:07  
This is what I personally have been aiming for.

What I have now. Q.Q

I'm sure some people have some hybrid things like the Tiara, Loki's, Dusk +1 but I at that point it seems like you are giving up a lot for really nothing.

As for WSing in AF+2 Body, I'd only do that with DE when not stacking SA or TA. Even then... I don't think you'll notice anything much different.

What I personally WS in (Note this isn't nearly perfect)

And what I want to achieve in WS gear.

Things like the Pixie Earring and maybe even Raja's ring could be replaced with more Dex. Also the belt probably isn't needed either, replaced by Cuchulain's Belt.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11660/thundersoul-ring
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11026/jupiters-pearl
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/15917/cuchulains-belt

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-07 14:27:06  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
The best gear is subjective to each individual.
The best gear is based on situation, not the individual playing the job.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-07 15:02:23  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ya, and that is subjective too lol.

It's not subjective, it's situational.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-07 15:08:28  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ya, and that is subjective too lol.
It's not subjective, it's situational.
Subjectively-situational*

No, just situational.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-07 15:09:31  
you can mathematically prove that one gearset is better than another in any given situation. It has nothing to do with who is playing.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-07 15:13:27  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Nope.

And stop trolling.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-07 15:15:26  
When are you coming to Bahamut, Flion? Zoo and I need you!
 Phoenix.Purraj
user: Cbarra87
By Phoenix.Purraj 2011-05-08 04:49:57  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Holy ***. Ignoring the inconsequential quotefest argument below this post, it is in fact NOT subjective. What someone enjoys the most, for whatever reason, IS subjective. Assuming we stick with the running theme of DMG being the focus, (not eva, hp, or anything else random) there will be a particular gearset that is absolutely optimal in every different situation. Secondly, gear being good or not has absolutely nothing to do with an individual. It has to do with the stats on the item and how the game calculates them. The BEST (Dmgwise) gear is situational, but that is all. It is never subjective to an individual.
[+]
 Phoenix.Purraj
user: Cbarra87
By Phoenix.Purraj 2011-05-08 04:51:27  
Phoenix.Shiomi said:

That is good then, because that is the best you're going to do, besides maybe getting a capped crit Wivre Necklace. Mainhand weapon indefinitely excluded.
 Sylph.Darkei
サーバ: Sylph
user: Darkei
By Sylph.Darkei 2011-05-08 06:48:55  
Phoenix.Shiomi said:

This, maybe somebody can't get all this gear easy/fast, but focus on get 25-26 haste and improve gear piece for piece
 Odin.Lawii
サーバ: Odin
user: Lawiii
By Odin.Lawii 2011-05-18 23:59:46  
I am missing Love Torque and Epona's Ring right now, so you can sub in Torero Torque and STR ring. Everything else is what I normaly use, and I love it. I have tried different combonations, but I seem to come back to this basic set. I can not wait to get my last two pieces.

I have a Hecatomb Cap +1 that still need to get some augments (DA and DEX how can you go wrong) that I use for WS out side of Abyssea sometimes, but I am in love with conserve TP, so thats why I use the Issen Hachimaki alot.

Disclaimer: I am a pretty new THF, but I love gearing jobs, and I have been a long long time player of FFXI, so I am sure some improvements could be made, but this works for my play style.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-05-19 00:16:05  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
want know has it ever actually been decided what the best gear sets for tp?

No, there hasn't been a consensus, and never will be. With so many possible combinations of Magian Trials, merits, regular gear, and Augmented gear, there will never be a "best" equipment set. Just use what makes sense and is available to you. If you're whiffing, use more accuracy. If you're not whiffing, try taking off accuracy gear and adding more attack, DA/TA, and Crit bonuses.

I wish THF's would worry less about their generally lol-damage, and concentrate on how to use all their Job Ability tools to benefit the rest of the group. I've met too many THF's these days that don't have any idea how Collaborator, Accomplice, Feint, or even Trick Attack works.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2011-05-19 00:34:09  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
I read through the other thread, but want know has it ever actually been decided what the best gear sets for tp

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/208104

This is what I am aiming for my tp set using atmas of AoA RR GH. mostly used for tanking/dps overall..

If you want more epeen WS dmg you wanna use omn/RR/AoA and you would switch out for 5/5 af3+2 and http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Nusku%27s_Sash for your belt.

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

No, there hasn't been a consensus, and never will be. With so many possible combinations of Magian Trials, merits, regular gear, and Augmented gear, there will never be a "best" equipment set. Just use what makes sense and is available to you. If you're whiffing, use more accuracy. If you're not whiffing, try taking off accuracy gear and adding more attack, DA/TA, and Crit bonuses.

I wish THF's would worry less about their generally lol-damage, and concentrate on how to use all their Job Ability tools to benefit the rest of the group. I've met too many THF's these days that don't have any idea how Collaborator, Accomplice, Feint, or even Trick Attack works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-19 00:50:16  
There is always an optimal setup for a given situation, the trick is knowing what setup is optimal for the situation you're in.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2011-05-19 01:01:33  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
There is always an optimal setup for a given situation, the trick is knowing what setup is optimal for the situation you're in.

I agree... I believe having muti-gear setups to make sure you very versatile I.E evasion if your tanking and waiting for procs, a fast cast/max haste with eva on it to help while your trying to put up shadows,different WS set ups for SA/TA/solo and MDT for taking aoe nukes.

end of the day you have what you have. Just work towards upgrades daily, don't give up and you will be fine.

Post deleted by User.