Raider's Poulaines Where?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Raider's Poulaines where?
Raider's Poulaines where?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Rictor
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Spoon
By Cerberus.Rictor 2011-05-18 16:49:23  
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere; I didn't see it in the THF forum previously.

I've been working at this for almost a month and have yet to see any thf feet drop in Attohwa. Is this par for the course here, or should I be concerned that God is laughing at me? I've seen more whm and mnk than I could shake a stick at, and almost as many war and rdm. I'm going to cry ; ;

Anyone had similar experiences here? Found abundant drops from particular mobs? I know the mob-type doesn't affect drop rate from chests, but I'm pretty desperate. I'll listen to any superstition at this point.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-18 16:51:45  
Just keep killing. When we fell cleave/cata burn we usually drop 3 of each type of feet from that zone in an hour and a half.
 Cerberus.Rictor
By Cerberus.Rictor 2011-05-18 16:52:42  
Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
...3 of each type of feet from that zone in an hour and a half.

This makes me sad.
 Asura.Eurydeamon
サーバ: Asura
user: Eurydemon
By Asura.Eurydeamon 2011-05-18 16:54:03  

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[+]
 Cerberus.Rictor
By Cerberus.Rictor 2011-05-18 16:54:52  
So, God is just laughing at me then? /wrists
 Asura.Eurydeamon
user: Eurydemon
By Asura.Eurydeamon 2011-05-18 16:56:58  
We were farmin blm at that time, took 6hrs and dunno we tossed/gave away like 25 other af feet till we got blm.
 Cerberus.Rictor
By Cerberus.Rictor 2011-05-18 16:57:40  
That's fair, I guess. I've only seen 1 pair of blm since I've been out there.
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-18 16:57:59  
Feet seem to be the most difficult to obtain out of all the AF3 gears. I think they adjusted the drop rate but, its still a pain in the butt..

much luck
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-05-18 17:00:43  
He's laughing at me too....I think it's a Cerberus curse lol
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2011-05-18 17:03:45  
Cerberus.Rictor said:
Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
...3 of each type of feet from that zone in an hour and a half.

This makes me sad.
Me too cause BLM never seem to drop for me.
 Ragnarok.Babygyrl
user: babygyrl
By Ragnarok.Babygyrl 2011-05-18 17:21:27  
there is an easy way to get feet drops.. Do not MAX out AMBER.. i learned this the hard way getting RDM feet.. We maxed it out and feet never would drop.. We went in and got only about 4-5 ambers. and all pearl lights one day and i got rdm whm and blm feet (and we got multiple mnks and THfs) in about an hour. ( this was just me and my husband duoing) i suggest trying that way.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-05-18 17:25:49  
Ragnarok.Babygyrl said:
there is an easy way to get feet drops.. Do not MAX out AMBER.. i learned this the hard way getting RDM feet.. We maxed it out and feet never would drop.. We went in and got only about 4-5 ambers. and all pearl lights one day and i got rdm whm and blm feet (and we got multiple mnks and THfs) in about an hour. ( this was just me and my husband duoing) i suggest trying that way.

This works like a charm. It's the same method I used to get my RDM feet and to help LS mates farm feet for their newly-leveled jobs. Feet are really easy to farm once you know how to do it.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-05-18 17:29:30  
Asura.Eeek said:
Ragnarok.Babygyrl said:
This works like a charm. It's the same method I used to get my RDM feet and to help LS mates farm feet for their newly-leveled jobs. Feet are really easy to farm once you know how to do it.

Or you can do that and just have super bad luck...

*speaks from experience~~~*
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-05-18 17:35:46  
Cerberus.Savannah said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Ragnarok.Babygyrl said:

Or you can do that and just have super bad luck...

*speaks from experience~~~*

It's never taken longer than ~90 minutes to farm up the desired bewts once we learned not to overload on amber lights. And that's only farming with two, maybe three people.

Farming bewts is just that easy.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-18 17:42:31  
yes, because bad luck doesn't exist.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-05-18 17:43:07  
Again....I know how to farm feet...I just never get the right ones....

5 hours out there the other day....boots galore...no thf...

kkthnx <~~~Not completely stupid on farming different gold chests >.>
 Leviathan.Alas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-05-18 17:52:48  
The quickest way I found to get specific feet type is to not want that kind. So just chant to yourself that you don't want thf feet then they'll drop.

You asked for superstition, there ya' go. It has the added effect of allowing you to cheer every time something other than thf drops too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rictor
By Cerberus.Rictor 2011-05-18 19:36:45  
Using the new light notification system, I've tried several runs and limit my amber to 50-110 for each run. I've noticed the most consistent *feet* come in at 80 amber for me. I've never tried with just 5-10 though, usually because I get amber and pearl lights in tandem (pearl from T1 vnms and amber from ephs). I may try just getting a few amber next time and see if I get over 9000 of each feet. Good luck to you fellow sufferers!

BTW: if anyone on Cerberus wants to team up, send me a /tell. Feet farming is all I do, unless I'm helping with NM hunting
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-18 20:00:28  
Cerberus.Rictor said:
Using the new light notification system, I've tried several runs and limit my amber to 50-110 for each run. I've noticed the most consistent *feet* come in at 80 amber for me. I've never tried with just 5-10 though, usually because I get amber and pearl lights in tandem (pearl from T1 vnms and amber from ephs). I may try just getting a few amber next time and see if I get over 9000 of each feet. Good luck to you fellow sufferers!

BTW: if anyone on Cerberus wants to team up, send me a /tell. Feet farming is all I do, unless I'm helping with NM hunting

The more amber you get, the more likely a chest will be large. I also believe having more amber increases the distribution of amber chests over other colors. Feet are more likely to be found in small chests. When amber light is "capped" (actual amount depends on what mobs you are killing) all gold chests will be large. To farm feet you should have minimal amber light, while having enough that they actually drop compared to other chests.
 Siren.Dcon
サーバ: Siren
user: Dcon
By Siren.Dcon 2011-05-18 20:01:29  
i feel your pain.. when abyssea first came out and would farm in groups i would see thsoe feet drop all the time.. and i would always get outtlotted for them... so when i decided to just farm em on my own... i had to farm 2 weeks and thats 7days a week b4 i seen a pair drop b4 they did i seen 4rdm 2war 7mnk 7whm 1blm.... it sucked
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-05-20 09:26:12  
Last night, I went to Attohwa to solo farm some KIs (not many people were in-game). A sneaky taru friend found me. Said sneaky taru likes to pop gold boxes when I'm not paying attention, transfer the contents to the treasure pool, pass on all feet, and keep filling my inventory with unwanted pair of boots after unwanted pair of boots!

AF3 were a nightmare before the adjustment, but now, I can't seem to throw them away fast enough! Within 45 minutes, I had tossed all 6 of Attohwa's AF3 feet drops. Multiple times. No, MysteryTaru, I will not level WHM! D:

As was mentioned earlier, I think 80-100 Amber lights is the sweet spot. It's enough to increase the spawn rate of gold boxes without spawning the large gold boxes (or very rarely spawn them).
 Asura.Darkestdream
By Asura.Darkestdream 2011-06-06 13:19:48  
My fiance and I, along with a couple of our friends spent a good month trying to get these for me. We eventually got too fed up with getting a ton of KI and temps, so my fiance joined a shout pt on his BLM for Atthowa. After a few hours he had me join as well (when it was his turn to get the THF feet when they dropped), and we got lucky. Now this was well before the update, and let me tell you, I still get pretty mad about how many I and my LS mates have tossed now.
Anyway, just keep killing crap with any amount of amber (or none at all since we've gotten feet with 0) and you'll get them eventually. Good luck!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-06-06 13:26:43  
My wife and I went farming for Thf shoes a week or so ago and we spent nearly 7 hours doing it before we got a pair but we saw tons of others. Luck and randomness is annoying sometimes.

I keep a pair of shoes on the porter moogle for every job just in case... I'd hate to suddenly decide to level something and not be able to. Same goes for seals. Once I get enough of them I just +1 em or +2 em and hand em back over the the moogle. If I ever do level those jobs I'll be quite glad I did.
 Asura.Sangunius
user: Sangunius
By Asura.Sangunius 2011-06-06 13:33:41  
I think I know that Mystery Taru.
By Inuyasha 2011-06-06 13:34:14  
Leviathan.Alas said:
The quickest way I found to get specific feet type is to not want that kind. So just chant to yourself that you don't want thf feet then they'll drop. You asked for superstition, there ya' go. It has the added effect of allowing you to cheer every time something other than thf drops too.
Pray to SE....and sacrifice a few Taru's...and then buy like 20 mules...youll get EVERYTHING you EVER couldve wanted...EVER
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-06-06 15:01:26  
Asura.Sangunius said:
I think I know that Mystery Taru.

He's quite the sneaky fellow. I blanked out his name for fun, really. It suits him well.

His BLM grellow!! triggers are hax, too. I swear his triggers have a hidden TH7 effect while mine have the opposite lol-only-two-seals/+2items-gonna-drop! effect. D:
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2011-06-06 15:19:44  
Cerberus.Rictor said:
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere; I didn't see it in the THF forum previously.

I've been working at this for almost a month and have yet to see any thf feet drop in Attohwa. Is this par for the course here, or should I be concerned that God is laughing at me? I've seen more whm and mnk than I could shake a stick at, and almost as many war and rdm. I'm going to cry ; ;

Anyone had similar experiences here? Found abundant drops from particular mobs? I know the mob-type doesn't affect drop rate from chests, but I'm pretty desperate. I'll listen to any superstition at this point.

Trust me I know your pain on this drop. I've now spent roughly 27 irl hours farming in attohwa for Raider's Poulaines and not seen a single one drop. I've seen numerous pairs of every single other af3 foot drop... :/
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-06-06 15:23:23  
Is it bad that I have these.
Got them months ago.
And upgraded them to +1
and my THF is 37?
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-06-06 16:03:04  
Not really. I can't be the only one who enjoys stuffing the Porter moogle like a pig. I have dozens of random AF2 and AF3+1 pieces stored on him.
First Page 2