Fell Cleave Party Ratings
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-21 23:58:04  
Ashaaman said:
I wonder how much I could sell cruor party slots for... Hmm, any ideas?
Depends on how good you are and how badly people want the cruor for like brewing I guess. But most people will pay 200k for a brew so it's reasonable to assume that people think the brew is more valuable to them than the money they could have gotten from that and a good cruor pt can make 200k an hour... so theoretically it could be worth what 500k or so an hour? Heck if you can make a pt get cruor that fast offer say 300k an hour and smart people will do just because they will make a decent bit more if they wanted to sell some of it off
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 00:07:52  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Dragonwarrior said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
You can afk in cruor pts too if they let you. It really only takes 2-4 good DDs 1-2 good pullers and someone to get azure at the start and 1 healer. In fact having more than 10-12 actually hurts you sometimes lol
I'm afking in this party, with not lifting a single finger for 10 hours. Very rare for anyone to let 12 people afk for free for 10 hours in one party.
True. But then again you can say the same about fell cleaving for free :).

Right, and we've had this discussion in Port Jeuno. I would not like to start this discussion again. It is very rare that free FC shouts happen, most only last 2-3 hours before the war gets bored and leaves. Gil gives the war a reason to stay for the long hours for xp and cruor to build. It sucks if a FC party only goes on for less than 3 hours. Again, we have these Titan people now, who complain about charged cleaves. Yet I never see them do a free one. Very few wars will go out of their way to FC 10 people they don't even know for free for 4-5 hours straight.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 00:10:39  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ashaaman said:
Depends on how good you are and how badly people want the cruor for like brewing I guess. But most people will pay 200k for a brew so it's reasonable to assume that people think the brew is more valuable to them than the money they could have gotten from that and a good cruor pt can make 200k an hour... so theoretically it could be worth what 500k or so an hour? Heck if you can make a pt get cruor that fast offer say 300k an hour and smart people will do just because they will make a decent bit more if they wanted to sell some of it off

You do know that 1 gil equals to 1.5 cruor just by selling NPC gear right? Sometimes 3k cruor for 7.5k in gil from armor. Even I sold multiple items for 1mil each with only using a single 200k brew for each item.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-22 00:12:45  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ashaaman said:
You do know that 1 gil equals to 1.5 cruor just by selling NPC gear right? Sometimes 3k cruor for 7.5k in gil from armor. Even I sold multiple items for 1mil each with only using a single 200k brew for each item.
What kind of crap item are you buy that only gets you 1 gil for 1.5 cruor? You can get close to 3 gil per cruor npcing
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-22 00:14:10  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
You can afk in cruor pts too if they let you. It really only takes 2-4 good DDs 1-2 good pullers and someone to get azure at the start and 1 healer. In fact having more than 10-12 actually hurts you sometimes lol
I'm afking in this party, with not lifting a single finger for 10 hours. Very rare for anyone to let 12 people afk for free for 10 hours in one party.
True. But then again you can say the same about fell cleaving for free :).
Right, and we've had this discussion in Port Jeuno. I would not like to start this discussion again. It is very rare that free FC shouts happen, most only last 2-3 hours before the war gets bored and leaves. Gil gives the war a reason to stay for the long hours for xp and cruor to build. It sucks if a FC party only goes on for less than 3 hours. Again, we have these Titan people now, who complain about charged cleaves. Yet I never see them do a free one. Very few wars will go out of their way to FC 10 people they don't even know for free for 4-5 hours straight.
That's all I meant. Just as much luck getting to leech in a FC then a cruor pt. So that shouldn't be a selling point of FC over cruor pt.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-05-22 00:32:47  
Quetzalcoatl.Roark said:
if only there were people on quetz who did this sort of thing
Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
Quetzalcoatl.Roark said:
Seconded

My group grabs people for FC parties like every day or two >_> It's no secret, hit me up in game some time if you want to get in on one.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 01:01:31  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ashaaman said:
What kind of crap item are you buy that only gets you 1 gil for 1.5 cruor? You can get close to 3 gil per cruor npcing

Oops, It was backwards. 1 cruor for 1.5 gil.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 01:02:11  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Quetzalcoatl.Roark said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
Quetzalcoatl.Roark said:
Seconded

My group grabs people for FC parties like every day or two >_> It's no secret, hit me up in game some time if you want to get in on one.

If I wasn't in Phoenix.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-22 01:09:22  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ashaaman said:
Oops, It was backwards. 1 cruor for 1.5 gil.
Still pretty low. Didn't even know the worst option was that bad. Busy doing missions right now but I'll look up what I think was the best option in a second since it's not posted wiki I think but pretty sure it came out to almost 3 to 1
 Phoenix.Ardiem
user: Ardiem
By Phoenix.Ardiem 2011-05-22 01:14:21  
(Titans White Knight to the rescue!)

I've explained it a few times. Here I go again. CW is more efficient for killing than FC. Any BLU/RDM worth anything at all can handle it all by themselves and still kill faster. If Ruby lights are wanted(as I've had it explained to me several times by FCers) kill a few NMs before you start.

In a FC burn you will rarely break even on your gil/cruor ratio (at least not with what I've seen advertised from Phoenix so far). I can see an argument for going afk for 8 hours while at work if you're incredibly hard up for exp or cruor, but Cruor parties are again, much more efficient than FC burns. Its simple, kill mobs of a different family type, you'll rake in 500cruor per kill pretty quickly, and while you'll actually have to be present to get the cruor I was under the impression I paid to play this game, not pay someone to afk next to them for 8 hours.

You wont see many(any) Titan people shouting for FCs. We have our own linkshells, and our linkshells are perfectly capable of leveling the jobs we want, and farming us Cruor when we need it. I see no reason to pay someone 200k/hr to afk next to them when I could earn the same Cruor an hour having fun with my friends.

C'est la vie I suppose.
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 01:26:23  
Phoenix.Ardiem said:

I've explained it a few times. Here I go again. CW is more efficient for killing than FC. Any BLU/RDM worth anything at all can handle it all by themselves and still kill faster. If Ruby lights are wanted(as I've had it explained to me several times by FCers) kill a few NMs before you start.

In a FC burn you will rarely break even on your gil/cruor ratio (at least not with what I've seen advertised from Phoenix so far). I can see an argument for going afk for 8 hours while at work if you're incredibly hard up for exp or cruor, but Cruor parties are again, much more efficient than FC burns. Its simple, kill mobs of a different family type, you'll rake in 500cruor per kill pretty quickly, and while you'll actually have to be present to get the cruor I was under the impression I paid to play this game, not pay someone to afk next to them for 8 hours.

You wont see many(any) Titan people shouting for FCs. We have our own linkshells, and our linkshells are perfectly capable of leveling the jobs we want, and farming us Cruor when we need it. I see no reason to pay someone 200k/hr to afk next to them when I could earn the same Cruor an hour having fun with my friends.

C'est la vie I suppose.

Ok I'm a little tired of this Titan charged FC complain that has been going on in PJ for days. This topic is for people who have better things to do, like fighting NMs with the time saved compared to leveling 30+. This whole topic is just to help Phoenix players find the right FC party. In my experience 80% of the FC's suck. These were not added here, since we need to avoid Player Warnings.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-22 01:44:40  
Phoenix.Jurges said:
When additional content outside abyssea is released and doesn't include atmas. Please let me know how having little skill on your 12+ jobs and mediocre at best gear works out for you.

What does burning cruor or not vs xp have to do with skill?
[+]
 Phoenix.Ardiem
By Phoenix.Ardiem 2011-05-22 01:45:07  
There is simply no need to get hostile unless you want this thread locked. You pointed the finger at Titans, I explained our reasoning without being unfair.(perhaps with more snark than was needed)

Attack people from Titan and expect a comment, this isn't your "Phoenix gets to trash Titan and they can't defend themselves, Hahah!" thread.
By Jurges 2011-05-22 01:50:33  
Oh wow. A lot of responses, nothing to do with this post's intention lol.
First, I apologize for not listing other alternatives to FC in the preface. Didn't know it was necessary. Second, we all know most linkshells have their own in-house FCs to combine with their KI farming runs, etc. It doesn't change the fact that there is still a demand for paid leech spots on Phoenix. Hence the placement of this thread under "Phoenix Server". Finally, to reiterate what Dragonwarrior said, these type of FC parties are ideal if you will be AFK. People choose to earn and spend their gil in many different ways. It's the never-ending debate of genius FFXI minds over the principles of economics. Yes, we pay SE to "play" their game, some people just choose to use the resources they have earned previously and apply them to the progression of their game experience even when they can not actively be involved. Its just a personal choice.
Now that I stated what I thought was obvious, back to the original intent of the post.

Anyone else have some good experiences with individuals, so that we can add them to the list?
[+]
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2011-05-22 01:57:56  
Phoenix.Ardiem said:
There is simply no need to get hostile unless you want this thread locked. You pointed the finger at Titans, I explained our reasoning without being unfair.(perhaps with more snark than was needed)

Attack people from Titan and expect a comment, this isn't your "Phoenix gets to trash Titan and they can't defend themselves, Hahah!" thread.

I was trying to avoid the hostile nature, and have the main discussions focus on the decent FCers. Not argue over whether the idea of charged FCs is good or bad. We should provide some info on decent FC parties for those that want it. I understand that some would not like to risk a lot of gil on FC, and I know this. So going to say Wasuvi's FC might be much better for gil to xp compared to some other FCer.
[+]
By Jurges 2011-05-22 02:09:59  
Added Seshamaru and Vandel to list
 Fenrir.Didgist
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-05-22 02:22:45  
Very few wars will go out of their way to FC 10 people they don't even know for free for 4-5 hours straight.

/
 Phoenix.Redfrost
user: FrostLP
By Phoenix.Redfrost 2011-05-22 02:43:26  
Phoenix.Ardiem said:
C'est la vie I suppose.

Haha I don't cleave my ls mates for 6-8 hours at a time for nothing.................If they deserve it they get it. If not they can pay like the rest of the people in the parties. And even now gil is almost pointless so I pay for good FC's as well =D.

The post was to help promote FC's (and now CW's) on the PHOENIX server, and help people understand what they are if they had little to no previous knowledge. Opinions aside, people pay for a service and it will stay that way until jobs are 90 and cruor isn't needed.

As far as the Titan shenanigans, the shouts in PJ are simply amazing and drama has hit an all time high for some. But that being said for those who don't sit in PJ all day shouting glorious whoha's, welcome and I look forward to killin shiz and playing with ya! And yes I'll pay for some of your Titan cleaves any time ;D
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-22 03:35:41  
*eats popcorn*
[+]
 Phoenix.Ardiem
By Phoenix.Ardiem 2011-05-22 06:50:04  
I agree that the shouts on Port J as of late have been "special" to say the least. Some people from Titan haven't gotten past the fact that Phoenix does things differently, and some people from Phoenix still try and force how they do things on people that don't care.

I started out trying to explain our position in shout, which quickly degraded into "lolTitan/Phoenix" shouts, I haven't really bothered to use shout unless I'm answering a question while running errands in Jeuno though.

I'm not hating on FCs, I'd like to point that out. But this :

Phoenix.Redfrost said:

Haha I don't cleave my ls mates for 6-8 hours at a time for nothing....

This is where Titan and Phoenix differ.

I've always had people willing to cleave a zone for me for 4-6 hours at a time should I ask for help. Will they always do it the second I ask? No, but at least in my own shell, people are always willing to help. We don't charge eachother, even if a person or two wants to afk in zone next to our BLUs while we farm KIs.

Our BLUs do it to help their shell, and in return, when they need something we're there. Money is never brought into the equation. Quid Pro Quo.(I'm aware its the same concept, like I said, I'm not hating on FCs)

To contribute to the list and the purposes of this topic(and I'm incredibly biased as they're two very good friends)

Ramtrill and Vlaid are two of the best CW BLUs I've had the pleasure of knowing.
 Phoenix.Redfrost
user: FrostLP
By Phoenix.Redfrost 2011-05-22 07:34:03  
Phoenix.Ardiem said:

I'm not hating on FCs, I'd like to point that out. But this :

Phoenix.Redfrost said:

Haha I don't cleave my ls mates for 6-8 hours at a time for nothing....

This is where Titan and Phoenix differ.

I've always had people willing to cleave a zone for me for 4-6 hours at a time should I ask for help. Will they always do it the second I ask? No, but at least in my own shell, people are always willing to help. We don't charge eachother, even if a person or two wants to afk in zone next to our BLUs while we farm KIs.

Our BLUs do it to help their shell, and in return, when they need something we're there. Money is never brought into the equation. Quid Pro Quo.(I'm aware its the same concept, like I said, I'm not hating on FCs)

To contribute to the list and the purposes of this topic(and I'm incredibly biased as they're two very good friends)
Ramtrill and Vlaid are two of the best CW BLUs I've had the pleasure of knowing.

All good and valid points.

I wouldn't go as far to say that is where Titan and Phoenix differ because I do not represent everyone on Phoenix, just the people I play with.

And you are telling me that your BLU's or even yourself (if you have war or blu,) would spend 4-6hours every 3 days cleaving for someone in your ls who has never helped or had anything to contribute to a cleave except asking to leech? Cleaving in our linkshells are not "LS events." (It is something we do during off hours.) If someone cleaves, pulls, or heals during an FC they get to leech for free the next time.

Sorry if any of this sounds harsh or offends, all in good fun.

If ya wanna shoot the ***about this some more send me a /tell and we'll chat it up, but for now I think I am going to leave the thread to its intent.

(and if Ramtrill and Vlaid are down tell them to start a paid cruor or cleave leech! it's a great way to make money when nothing else is going on ;D) I'll join!
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-22 08:01:09  
I blu cleave for free for anyone no charge only condition used to be you had to hold duplicate kis for chloris/dragua/ulhuadshi and even then I used to say ur pop ur drop on everything besides h2h item despite the fact I basically got that ki for you. Oh and any gil drops are mine unless duplicates I cant hold drop. I see some guy called Whitefan shout like everday in PJ for a 100k/hr leech spot in Atto. Which I personally wouldnt pay, I assume for that ur literally getting to do nothing but stand there because if ur made to do chests isnt worth it imo.

In Altep solo with 2 low lvl leech friends and 2 other pick up leechers i went from just over 1 merit to fully capped in 3.5 hours about 200k xp. They were reaching 300-400xp a mob also by the end about 4-6k xp a pull minus dom op exp and chest exp @ about 6mins a pull. Drop off cliff get new page run around repeat etc. Managed to pull in 18 dragua scaled "solo" in 1 night with ppl on other low lvl jobs. 2 brews 5 per brew. Its also fairly common for multiple Tiger king hides and whatnot to drop and after I take the 1st of each the rest is free for my leechers.

Only things I dont like are leechers who spam every chest cos there is too many in 1 aga kill taking the 2hr chest themselves and may even pop ruby chest. Then one time I shouted for a leech got 20 tells went with 1st 3, 1st guy bailed out as soon as I explained it was solo cleave burn not 18 man alliance, 2nd guy didnt have any conflux or maws died trying to get from base camp to flux 8 wants me to stop building lights to come raise him and the 3rd guy on entering asked me if he needed to bring keys then once we got to dom op npc flux8 asked if i could sack the spectators off the cliff to save him the run around each time. Then despite the fact I explained and told everyone I needed them to be able to hold and pop dragua should the ki drop and I get 5 of them ready. When the 5th ki finally dropped I told him to hold he said he had one already and didnt wanna use it unless all yellow proc jobs were present .......................

Sometime I think ppl just dont deserve it.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-22 08:18:33  
Damn my depression/sleepy nature this past 2 days!
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-22 08:20:29  
Sylph.Krsone said:
I blu cleave for free for anyone no charge only condition used to be you had to hold duplicate kis for chloris/dragua/ulhuadshi and even then I used to say ur pop ur drop on everything besides h2h item despite the fact I basically got that ki for you. Oh and any gil drops are mine unless duplicates I cant hold drop. I see some guy called Whitefan shout like everday in PJ for a 100k/hr leech spot in Atto. Which I personally wouldnt pay, I assume for that ur literally getting to do nothing but stand there because if ur made to do chests isnt worth it imo.

In Altep solo with 2 low lvl leech friends and 2 other pick up leechers i went from just over 1 merit to fully capped in 3.5 hours about 200k xp. They were reaching 300-400xp a mob also by the end about 4-6k xp a pull minus dom op exp and chest exp @ about 6mins a pull. Drop off cliff get new page run around repeat etc. Managed to pull in 18 dragua scaled "solo" in 1 night with ppl on other low lvl jobs. 2 brews 5 per brew. Its also fairly common for multiple Tiger king hides and whatnot to drop and after I take the 1st of each the rest is free for my leechers.

Only things I dont like are leechers who spam every chest cos there is too many in 1 aga kill taking the 2hr chest themselves and may even pop ruby chest. Then one time I shouted for a leech got 20 tells went with 1st 3, 1st guy bailed out as soon as I explained it was solo cleave burn not 18 man alliance, 2nd guy didnt have any conflux or maws died trying to get from base camp to flux 8 wants me to stop building lights to come raise him and the 3rd guy on entering asked me if he needed to bring keys then once we got to dom op npc flux8 asked if i could sack the spectators off the cliff to save him the run around each time. Then despite the fact I explained and told everyone I needed them to be able to hold and pop dragua should the ki drop and I get 5 of them ready. When the 5th ki finally dropped I told him to hold he said he had one already and didnt wanna use it unless all yellow proc jobs were present .......................

Sometime I think ppl just dont deserve it.
Just saying, considering people will normally sell empyrean upgrade items for minimum of 100k a pop, and more commonly for more, to say you're only taking the upgrade items doesn't say much, it's pretty much the payment takes that form rather than straight gil.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-22 08:35:19  
Few things to add since I just skimmed over it: While I can agree that BLU CW is pretty nice, (Before I kinda quit/whatever I'm doing atm, our blu CW's Vunk for time and such) given the fact that most FC's I do/know are done solo (FC'er+Mule) for their lights, is kinda nice. Most BLUs I know who CW ask you to go cap their lights for them and even then sometimes they still die~ (Just my exp, I really don't do CW or anything with blus in general.) With Wasuvi's FC I go from 30->75+ (Depending if I afk or not and for how long, etc) In roughly 4hours~ Which let's me do homework, read a book, take a nap, call up some girl I met online and holla at h...anyway! I can personally say just off doing Dominion ops+every kill he does, I made enough cruor back that if I just NPC'd it all, I'd make back what I paid, and some more roughly (This is from staying the entire run, more than just 4hours.) Other FCer's I've tried (Not going to mention names, due to warnings, etc) Cry about you doing Dominion Ops cause they end up dying. lol Onto titans: I've heard since merge, how Titan is going to take over phoenix and bend us to your will, by making free FC's and such but I have not seen *one* free FC, I'd really love to try it and see if it's worth doing it your way. I have personally Cleaved (AE/Cataburn/FC) my last LS's jobs a few, while we worked on their Emp weapons, and I've invited leeches to hold KI's for my Vere, so it's not an uncommon or unheard of idea to do, really. Difference is...I invited people I know rather than shout or allow random people to do it for me.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-22 08:43:25  
"Just saying, considering people will normally sell empyrean upgrade items for minimum of 100k a pop, and more commonly for more, to say you're only taking the upgrade items doesn't say much, it's pretty much the payment takes that form rather than straight gil."

This makes no sense, yes you sell for 100k+ a pop if you farmed the item and selling it to someone who wasnt with you wen you farmed it. How does the leecher holding a duplicate ki i farmed myself entitled to 100k?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-22 08:48:12  
Sylph.Krsone said:
"Just saying, considering people will normally sell empyrean upgrade items for minimum of 100k a pop, and more commonly for more, to say you're only taking the upgrade items doesn't say much, it's pretty much the payment takes that form rather than straight gil."

This makes no sense, yes you sell 100k a pop if you farmed the item selling it to someone who wasnt with you wen you farmed it. How does the leecher holding a duplicate ki i farmed myself entitled to 100k?
When did I ever say he was entitled to 100k? I'm saying that your fee for being part of your cleaves is those KI's which are worth more than what other people are charging anyways.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-22 08:54:06  
Quotes failing me atm, and i still disagree a bloodied dragon ear ki is not worth more than the cost per hour some ppl charge for cleave burn leech spots. Esp when ive farmed that ki myself for you something you didnt have to begin with its easy as hell to get anyway most ppl already have one and never use it. Ur getting to keep all af3 drops on ur pop except scales.

If i wasnt doing h2h or now that im done if i wanted low lvl job lvled fast and there was a blu offering me exactly this and I had no ki to begin with or even if i did id still go. Ur argument still fails.

Can ask ppl here what they wld rather pay 100k an hour to leech or free just have to hold dragua ki where only scales are locked and u keep other af on ur pop.
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-05-22 09:03:17  
I don't see what all the fuss is about. Paying 100k/hour to AFK and let experienced people FC for you sounds outstanding to me. I'd love to take advantage of such an offer on Asura, but I'm not personally aware of anyone who regularly does this, and I'm not about to pay a questionable pickup ally for the opportunity to keywhore for them.

I'm not complaining, though. I could run my own alliance if I so chose, but I hated running pickup parties for even minor things like +1 seal NMs. I know I'd lose my mind trying to manage a full alliance of pickups. I'm content to run my lowlevel SCH and BLU through the FoV grind. It's chill, and I like that.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7