日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » ningi +2 migawari testing
ningi +2 migawari testing
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-23 18:35:46  
Has anyone done in depth testing on the bonus to migawari? I've noticed that the 75% max HP reported on wiki/gamerescape is incorrect. While fighting Bahamut, his mega flares were doing a consistent 1069 damage to me, while I had 1342 max hp. 1069/1342 = ~79.7%, however my migawari was not absorbing it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-23 18:47:53  
Bismarck.Legendia said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Has anyone done in depth testing on the bonus to migawari? I've noticed that the 75% max HP reported on wiki/gamerescape is incorrect. While fighting Bahamut, his mega flares were doing a consistent 1069 damage to me, while I had 1342 max hp. 1069/1342 = ~79.7%, however my migawari was not absorbing it.
Does any hp modifying food or gear affect it? Couldof been other factors at work? But no I haven't personally tested, also curious though
Thanks for reminding me about food. I did have +30 HP from my food, but that's still 1069/1372 = ~77.9%. I was wearing no HP gear.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-23 19:31:47  
Doesnt it add duration?
Thought it did, i havnt worn my Ningi+2 in a while
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-05-23 19:39:26  
Is it your current HP or your max HP?
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-05-23 20:03:17  
Ive never had problems with it not abosrbing something doing 75% or more, make sure you had it equiped when Migiwari was casted
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-23 20:52:29  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Ive never had problems with it not abosrbing something doing 75% or more, make sure you had it equiped when Migiwari was casted

It is in my casting macro, so it was definitely on. How exactly do you know for sure how much damage it's absorbing when it shows up as 0 in the chat log? My thought is that whoever updated the wiki used an arbitrary number without proper testing. The only way to test it is to see how high of damage you can take WITHOUT migawari absorbing it, and continue to increase that damage (or lower max hp) until the proper percentage is found. I think I'll do some more testing with the bahamut fight, seeing as the damage of his mega flare seems to always be the same, and it is very predictable when he will use it.
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-23 21:04:03  
It worked for me when Cuijatender used ??? needles, so that's good enough for me :).

Please continue with this line of testing though, I'd really like to know exact values if you can get them.
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2011-05-23 21:04:40  
If it is affected by gear, you can always try -HP gear and do some testing on Cactaur's 1000 needles. That's what I'd do! But I was hoping someone would post "what exactly" procs it. I've always used it successfully on Glavoid's Disgorge, but that's almost the only place I've used it successfully and consistently so that's the most I can add to information pool =x
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-23 22:36:17  
Did you have the body equipped when you got hit with Mega Flare?
 Ragnarok.Thango
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: thango
By Ragnarok.Thango 2011-05-24 08:54:08  
Yesterday in Abyssea - Ulegerand my migawari didnt work when Ogopogo used 2h at 1%, I took 2900/3200HP. With +2. My friends are currently killing Resheph and again migawari miss.

I dont know if it is a bug or something like that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Calif
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2011-05-24 09:24:27  
Ragnarok.Thango said:
Yesterday in Abyssea - Ulegerand my migawari didnt work when Ogopogo used 2h at 1%, I took 2900/3200HP. With +2. My friends are currently killing Resheph and again migawari miss.

I dont know if it is a bug or something like that.

I experienced the same with Resheph, but I figured that the attack is designed to reduce your HP to 1, rather than inflict a certain amount of dmg, and wondered if that prevented migawari kicking in. Either way, can easily avoid it by running out of range (even with grav on, range is really short).

For other cases where it misses, I wonder if there are pdt/mdt or other HP gear/buffs that are somehow screwing up the calculations.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-24 09:32:02  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

This is normally the problem I run into with it, Did you WS and maybe forget to swap back to it? Also is it possible it wore off just before the attack... Also you updated your macro to +2 right? these are all the problems i've run into with it.
 Siren.Skywarp
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Skywarp 2011-05-24 09:36:42  
ive never had a issue were it didnt absorb the damage. i have had it wear just right before teh mobs do the moves. as with everythign ive noticed mobs use windower. they know your going to tp them and they know when somethign is going to wear.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-24 09:42:24  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Doesnt it add duration? Thought it did, i havnt worn my Ningi+2 in a while

Just tested this and Migawari is still exactly 1 min duration (used recast to time it)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-05-24 12:00:28  
its been hit or miss with me since the update, with ningi+2. last night, Bukhis spells hit me for about 1600 with no resist and no migawari up. when it was us, always did 0. however the night before ks99 behe meteor was dealing full damage, no matter if i had Migawari up
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-05-24 14:17:39  
Asura.Ina said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

This is normally the problem I run into with it, Did you WS and maybe forget to swap back to it? Also is it possible it wore off just before the attack... Also you updated your macro to +2 right? these are all the problems i've run into with it.

Body does not need to be equipped when the move hits you, Only when the spell is casted. Go do Hedjetjet you always know when he will death scissors. Start casting when he does bindga, set your macro so that the body is swapped out after spell is cast, he will hit your for 0. Never failed me.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-24 14:32:52  
Asura.Ina said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I tried with and without the body on; hit me for 1069 both times. I have events this afternoon so I can't test again yet. Maybe tonight I can try again and check if it's 80% or higher.