Ocelot Or Iga Tekko +2?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ocelot or Iga Tekko +2?
Ocelot or Iga Tekko +2?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Alexander.Zerr
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Zerr
By Alexander.Zerr 2011-05-27 10:46:54  
Kin37ix said:
Asura.Ina said:
And lastly on the evasion, while its nice, it alone is not going to make a noticable change.

Neither is half an attack round every two minutes.

So your basically saying this whole thread is pointless?

wow, congratulations on a thread well done

[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-27 10:49:22  
Seriously, why bother making this thread when in your mind you already know the answer? Just TP in your full set, no one here will care I can assure you.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-05-27 11:20:36  
I'm not even going to bother arguing any more >.>

I'll leave you with this: You are wrong, listen to the large group of people that tell you how wrong you are, stop trying to prove something is better when it has been mathematically proven to be worse.

In the 1% of situations where using Tekko > Ocelot is better, I wouldn't, just because of how much of a tool you seem to be.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2011-05-27 11:53:51  
Here is my 2 cents.

Dear OP you said if uncapped ACC. reply is use pizza problem solved => acc should never be uncapped

you also said < 2 min. why take inventory -1 to do the same damage?

you also said uncapped EVA. 1) eva has nothing to do with dmg. 2) if you are fighting <2 min you wont loose 4 shadows so again has nothing to do with dmg.

lastly several people have suggested an alternate tp set which you have completely ignored. that set gives you not only haste, but also improves atk and store tp at the cost of str and dex (should be capped already) and agi, eva and augment tactical perry (defense which isnt calculated into dmg at all). so just stick with it.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 12:00:37  
Don't listen to all the trolls trying to lure you into a trap. This is still the best TP build for NIN and anyone saying different doesn't know what he's talking about.

[+]
 Shiva.Ergiyios
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-27 12:01:04  
I love people who ask a question and try and contradict everything people say....
[+]
 Shiva.Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-27 12:03:31  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Don't listen to all the trolls trying to lure you into a trap. This is still the best TP build for NIN and anyone saying different doesn't know what he's talking about.

awesome LOL

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Celll 2011-05-27 12:09:25  
I have yet to try out Ocelot on my ninja, but I have used Koga @ night with 4/5 +2 and i really can't see a difference in attack rounds. I know in my head more haste = better at any given time outside of aby. But inside I'm pretty damn sure its not going to matter much if at all if you have +2 tekko or Ocelot. Given that you are /war have Atheling, twlight and eponas and AOA on or something that gives + DA or TA. Also a friend of mine was saying with full +2 suppa twlight and DW from job and haste aren't you at cap anyways? I don't do maths but yea lol..
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 12:17:47  
Celll said:
I have yet to try out Ocelot on my ninja, but I have used Koga @ night with 4/5 +2 and i really can't see a difference in attack rounds
Eyeballing

Celll said:
I know in my head more haste = better at any given time outside of aby. But inside I'm pretty damn sure its not going to matter much if at all if you have +2 tekko or Ocelot.
No, it still matters.

Celll said:
Given that you are /war have Atheling, twlight and eponas and AOA on or something that gives + DA or TA.
No!

Celll said:
Also a friend of mine was saying with full +2 suppa twlight and DW from job and haste aren't you at cap anyways? I don't do maths but yea lol..
Aaaand, No.
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-05-27 12:20:43  
Here is a pro tip Kin37ix: Don't ask a forum for an opinion when you have already made up your mind. There is no point in asking for help if you are already gonna do it one way no matter what anyone says.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 12:23:36  
Phoenix.Darkwizardzin said:
Here is a pro tip Kin37ix: Don't ask a forum for an opinion when you have already made up your mind. There is no point in asking for help if you are already gonna do it one way no matter what anyone says.

He's from Asura, you know they enjoy *cough*drama*cough* debates
[+]
By Celll 2011-05-27 12:25:19  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Celll said:
I have yet to try out Ocelot on my ninja, but I have used Koga @ night with 4/5 +2 and i really can't see a difference in attack rounds
Eyeballing

Celll said:
I know in my head more haste = better at any given time outside of aby. But inside I'm pretty damn sure its not going to matter much if at all if you have +2 tekko or Ocelot.
No, it still matters.

Celll said:
Given that you are /war have Atheling, twlight and eponas and AOA on or something that gives + DA or TA.
No!

Celll said:
Also a friend of mine was saying with full +2 suppa twlight and DW from job and haste aren't you at cap anyways? I don't do maths but yea lol..
Aaaand, No.

See I don't parse, and wouldnt normally see these things, as with haste(spell) I'm already swinging so much (in aby. or out) that I don't see a huge difference over +2 vs +1.23% haste does it really make that much of a difference? Also what do usukanes or whatever have over +2 feet? something i'm missing ?
[+]
 Shiva.Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-27 12:25:33  
lolasura
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 12:30:39  
Celll said:

See I don't parse, and wouldnt normally see these things, as with haste(spell) I'm already swinging so much (in aby. or out) that I don't see a huge difference over +2 vs +1.23% haste does it really make that much of a difference? Also what do usukanes or whatever have over +2 feet? something i'm missing ?

Nothing wrong with not parsing. Not everyone have the means or interest in doing it. I don't.

Knowing though that the Haste cap is a fraction below 26% there's no reason why you should prefer Tekko over a pair of gloves that can bump you from 23% to haste cap. Even if, mathematically speaking, it may seem like an marginal improvement, it's still an improvement.

Usukane + HQ Dusks simply offer a better combo than Iga+2 and Ocelot. Again, it's an improvement.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-27 12:33:45  
Kin37ix said:
Celll said:
don't see a huge difference over +2 vs +1.23% haste does it really make that much of a difference?
No, it is insignificant. If the stars align perfectly, youll gain half an attack round after swinging like a mad man for 2 minutes.

You're the one claiming the acc will make a difference more often than that.

Kin37ix said:
BorealisV2 said:
listen to the large group of people
All 6 of you?

It's more than 6, I just wouldn't expect everyone to all post responses at once.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-27 12:35:50  
Odin.Sheelay said:
He's from Asura, you know they enjoy *cough*drama*cough* debates

Don't be lumping us all in with him...

Kin37ix said:
Cerberus.Pukushu said:
Here is my 2 cents. Dear OP you said if uncapped ACC. reply is use pizza problem solved => acc should never be uncapped you also said < 2 min. why take inventory -1 to do the same damage? you also said uncapped EVA. 1) eva has nothing to do with dmg. 2) if you are fighting <2 min you wont loose 4 shadows so again has nothing to do with dmg. lastly several people have suggested an alternate tp set which you have completely ignored. that set gives you not only haste, but also improves atk and store tp at the cost of str and dex (should be capped already) and agi, eva and augment tactical perry (defense which isnt calculated into dmg at all). so just stick with it.
If you dont get how EVA affects damage, I'm not going to explain it again. That set is short 5% DW and 0.29% haste, and wont help evade anything worth evading.

The bolded part points out where he explained why the added evasion would not help you in your scenario

As for the set being short haste a DW, are you refering to the joke set Sheelay posted that was ideal for 75 and again, ment as a joke?
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-27 12:36:11  
Depending on what way you look at it he is actually correct.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-05-27 12:36:45  
Gonna go ahead and play white knight here but Kin37ix is actually making a decent point, which people here who are entirely too reliant on spreadsheets and inflexible situations can't see. Sometimes I wonder if people here can see the forest for the trees.

He asked a simple question: Which is better? - and when people are bashing their heads against a wall, trying to convince everyone else their opinion is fact and it's a no-contest, he's defending the original idea, and the reason he asked to begin with because of how close the comparison is. For a forum that heavily rides on micromanagement, its surprising just how resilient people have been to his question. If everyone was criticizing dusk gloves/ocelot over AF3+2, he'd be making the same argument but in reverse.

I'm old-school Kin, so I will always, in situations like this, opt for the route most beneficial to survivability. Sure, it's 1.xx% haste, but Ocelot would be the winner for me. Lower recast on spells, faster attack rounds for hate, etc. These are things most likely to keep me alive, albeit minimal. That's my reasoning; now whether it's the best output or not, I don't care.
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-27 12:39:01  
What I've come to realise is that the OP has had ffxicalc for half an hour and he feels like he knows everything and wants to /flex nuts.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 12:41:06  
Kin37ix said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Knowing though that the Haste cap is a fraction below 26%

This is incorrect. The gear haste cap is 25%. The haste you are getting from your gear is actually slightly less than it says it is, thats why you need "26%".

Eh, I guess you're right! I explained myself wrongly. /Brainfart
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-27 12:41:54  
Cerberus.Tikal said:
Gonna go ahead and play white knight here but Kin37ix is actually making a decent point *snip*
No, he's really not. If the goal is damage, you gear for damage. If you're also looking for utility combined with damage, a proper setup would not only adjust the hands but the back, neck, body, and feet (possibly ammo too) such that you'll maintain high haste while also boosting your evasion. Different ***for different situations and it should be evaluated as such.

Also:
This.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-05-27 12:49:28  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

No, he's really not. If the goal is damage, you gear for damage. If you're also looking for utility combined with damage, a proper setup would not only adjust the hands but the back, neck, body, and feet (possibly ammo too) such that you'll maintain high haste while also boosting your evasion. Different ***for different situations and it should be evaluated as such.
Your post doesn't modify my point in any way, actually.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8