Whats With Killing Other Peoples Magian NMs ?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Whats with killing other peoples Magian NMs ?
Whats with killing other peoples Magian NMs ?
First Page 2
By Ravenlokk 2011-05-27 11:21:02  
So i was camping Zo'Khu Blackcloud for GKT Trial, and some BST was camping Ge'Dha Evileye for axe. Killin ph's for like an hour then i go to get a drink- sure enough the nm pops and the bst claims it then he declines my alliance invite while the guy im with is tellin him to wait. Is this normal on Carbuncle... or on any server?

Guys name was [removed]@Carbuncle. This is a new level of douchebaggery that i haven't seen before on Gilgamesh :(... Well at least not for a long time. I know its a lolMagian and no big deal but i honestly am curious if this happens regularly.

Also- since im of the mind "dont get mad get even" i'm holding the old quadav PH for his nm until i finish my trial as i was 2/3. :)
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-27 11:24:58  
This has existed since day one of magian trials... It sucks but at the same time it will never change.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2011-05-27 11:28:31  
Ravenlokk said:

Also- since im of the mind "dont get mad get even" i'm holding the old quadav PH for his nm until i finish my trial as i was 2/3. :)

inb4 gm
By Cathaldus 2011-05-27 11:31:10  
would it not just be easier to claim his NM when it pops and kill it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-05-27 11:31:14  
Yeah had a guy do it to me on my dagger trial and I then followed him the next day to his Katana one and RDM/NIN kited his bugard for about 2 hours. He said he sent GM calls but I never got a response from one. I was keeping it Dia'd.

Basically, don't mess with someone or else they may find time in their day just to mess with you.

Edit: To be fair, it was a guy who I'm not gonna name who had been sending me shitty tells and messing with me for quite a while.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-27 11:38:22  
Phoenix.Shiomi said:
Yeah had a guy do it to me on my dagger trial and I then followed him the next day to his Katana one and RDM/NIN kited his bugard for about 2 hours. He said he sent GM calls but I never got a response from one. I was keeping it Dia'd. Basically, don't mess with someone or else they may find time in their day just to mess with you. Edit: To be fair, it was a guy who I'm not gonna name who had been sending me shitty tells and messing with me for quite a while.

Was it your black tripple stars? because yes doing that it totally a low blow and eye for an eye worthy.
By Ravenlokk 2011-05-27 11:48:00  
Cathaldus said:
would it not just be easier to claim his NM when it pops and kill it.

Not really, the whole point is he made me wait an hour for nm to re-open ive got work i can do on pc. So i can afk'ish while he waits- since he made me wait. If he appologized and/or said he didnt know... or didnt /decline my alliance invite when he claimed it and i said i needed it- i wouldnt hold his nm.

And if he gm's me, ill just kill it if the gm asks me to; hell ill tell him what/why im doin lol.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-05-27 12:00:24  
Asura.Ina said:
Phoenix.Shiomi said:
Yeah had a guy do it to me on my dagger trial and I then followed him the next day to his Katana one and RDM/NIN kited his bugard for about 2 hours. He said he sent GM calls but I never got a response from one. I was keeping it Dia'd. Basically, don't mess with someone or else they may find time in their day just to mess with you. Edit: To be fair, it was a guy who I'm not gonna name who had been sending me shitty tells and messing with me for quite a while.

Was it your black tripple stars? because yes doing that it totally a low blow and eye for an eye worthy.

/nod :\ Took me a week to finish finish it.
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-27 12:05:38  
I've never understood this logic. I can understand if you're both after the same NM because if they get claim and don't help you that means they'll likely get ahead of you for the other NMs in Abyssea. Even then its kind of a douche bag sorta thing.

Phoenix.Shiomi said:
He said he sent GM calls but I never got a response from one. I was keeping it Dia'd.
Bolded the important part. Most GMs won't care as long as you are actually doing regular damage to a monster even if only DoT damage at least in my past experiences GMing others for holding with no damage and being GMed for "killing too slow"

Ravenlokk said:
And if he gm's me, ill just kill it if the gm asks me to; hell ill tell him what/why im doin lol.

Just FYI you'll be admiting to griefing the other player which will likely get you in more trouble than holding the NM and killing it when asked to.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-05-27 12:10:23  
Removing name to keep this from being a player warning--just FYI.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-05-27 12:10:47  
Bismarck.Zagen said:
I've never understood this logic. I can understand if you're both after the same NM because if they get claim and don't help you that means they'll likely get ahead of you for the other NMs in Abyssea. Even then its kind of a douche bag sorta thing.

Phoenix.Shiomi said:
He said he sent GM calls but I never got a response from one. I was keeping it Dia'd.
Bolded the important part. Most GMs won't care as long as you are actually doing regular damage to a monster even if only DoT damage at least in my past experiences GMing others for holding with no damage and being GMed for "killing too slow"

Ravenlokk said:

Just FYI you'll be admiting to griefing the other player which will likely get you in more trouble than holding the NM and killing it when asked to.

Pretty much. I never got how people got GM'd for holding NMs and the like. Pretty silly to me.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-27 12:15:13  
Ragnarok.Anye said:

Anye~ When you're off "work" can we go back to running the night causing trouble and "damning the man"?

<3 miss you
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-27 12:27:16  
Phoenix.Shiomi said:
Asura.Ina said:
Phoenix.Shiomi said:
/nod :\ Took me a week to finish finish it.

That mob... never af'ingan. The thing is vile and should not exist as a magian trial.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-27 21:11:25  
Hovering Hotpot is a bloody devil, too. Devil, I say!
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-27 21:32:57  
hotpot was much much worse than the bats ._.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-05-27 21:49:19  
Hotpot only made me wait 3 pops past window open , lucky i guess.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-05-27 21:58:36  
Had this problem with that damn frog in west saruta(s). Reason I've been stuck at 1 kill for a week ~,~ people not even on any trial killing, I understand if they want the belt, but at least invite and QM it if ya need so badly.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-27 22:00:56  
I dislike people doin VNM and dont seacom it, at least the leader
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [162 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Viewpoint
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SNK
By Carbuncle.Viewpoint 2011-11-06 05:05:35  
Ragnarok.Anye said: »

May I ask what's the whole premise behind even doing this now? I saw the original topic posted but it was locked so I'm kinda curious why this is being done.

ope major necro bump at that.
 Ragnarok.Madmaxximist
By Ragnarok.Madmaxximist 2011-11-06 05:51:07  
You know the magian trials have only been around for a fraction of the time this game has. personally, when i see an nm my first reaction is to kill it, been that way for the almost 8 years ive been in ffxi. alot of these magian nms are dead before you can blink an eye. i get that you are trying to work on a magian weapon, i have an 85 caladbolg and my nm was taken from me on a couple of occasions, but you can't get mad at people trying to play the game the way it has always been played. this is just the nature of the game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-11-06 07:11:12  
Ragnarok.Madmaxximist said: »
You know the magian trials have only been around for a fraction of the time this game has. personally, when i see an nm my first reaction is to kill it, been that way for the almost 8 years ive been in ffxi. alot of these magian nms are dead before you can blink an eye. i get that you are trying to work on a magian weapon, i have an 85 caladbolg and my nm was taken from me on a couple of occasions, but you can't get mad at people trying to play the game the way it has always been played. this is just the nature of the game.

What?

That's not the nature of the game. That's the nature of lazy and/or ill-informed players.
Granted, there are a lot of lazy and ill-informed players out there, so I see your point.

That said, c'mon people. We all knew doing pre-Empyrean Weapon "X number of Y dumb NM kills" sucks. Have respect for your fellow player(s) ... don't kill NM's that are being camped for Magian Trials. Most of those NM's drop nothing of value.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2011-11-06 07:20:29  
A lot of players are either: (a) selfish or (b) stupid. It doesn't matter which, both are equally annoying.
[+]
 Cerberus.Caylene
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-11-06 07:24:12  
Bismarck.Bloodbeat said: »
A lot of players are either: (a) selfish or (b) stupid. It doesn't matter which, both are equally annoying.

I was in an alliance that claimed a NM after the pt fighting it wiped- it wasn't until me and a few others raised a bit of hell that we invited the person who needed the kill/drop and let them have the item they were after. I was horrified at the very idea of claiming their mob though- ick! So rude.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2011-11-06 07:31:11  
Before magian trials, i would always kill a nm if it was up just cause it was a nm and why not. Now that half of the lvl 50 and under nm's are trial nm's, I dont do it anymore. A lot of people I know, pretty much all of em really, dont kill nm for magian trials anymore. Even if the nm is just up, hangin out, nobody campin it. You never know when someone is gonna show up to need the nm for his/her weapon. I'm sure theres a lot of people that just kill the nm just cause still and not give a ***about other people possibly needing it, but I guess that's their thing. It's not wrong, it's not breaking any rules, it's just not caring about anyone else but themselves. Is what it is I guess.
[+]
By Jeubond 2011-11-06 09:33:39  
One of the nicer aspects for me of these Magian and other trials is the way you can turn up to camp an nm, find others also after it, join up and not only make new friends but also have a laugh somtimes to boot while you wait in some cases a lifetime !

However, a disturbing new trend [for me] that has taken place twice with me now is while camping abyssite nm's, when while running 137 yalms SE then back 78 yalms NE [etc, etc] I have been within spitting distance only to find a Nin or Thf popping up in front of me who then proceed to pop the nm that I and others have waited for.
On both occasions these greedy selfish players have been accompanied by a Whm who then s/i's them so that they can steal the nm without anyone doing anything about it.
It's a complete waste of time of course trying to appeal to their better natures, they want seals and are not prepared to either share or wait.

The fact that they have no Blm to process and therefore have even more seals doesn't seem to stop them, sad indeed . . .
Jon
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-11-06 09:38:18  
I prefer Sobeks because they are always white and extra free.
First Page 2