users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranger, Crit Adjustment, RR
Ranger, Crit Adjustment, RR
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-05-28 02:03:41  
With the new crit adjustment, is RR a viable atma for RNG now? if not, what are good RNG atmas (not only the best but what are a few good ones)
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-05-28 02:06:51  
RR has always been a viable option for RNG, especially with Jishnu's Radiance.

With Gandiva I tend to use RR/GH/Sea Daughter.
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-05-28 02:14:11  
Ahh i was told otherwise since RNGs old crit mod was garbage or something.
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-28 02:15:53  
Asura.Patriclis said:
Ahh i was told otherwise since RNGs old crit mod was garbage or something.
Theres a reason he said he uses those atma's if you read it. Gandiva is the only reason to play RNG.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [227 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2012-01-10 08:04:00  
good atmas to use would be.....

RR - obvious reasons

GH - also nice for consistant crit's for TP and WS's

sea daughter - since slow doesnt affect ranged attacks its very nice for the 5 tick regain

stout arm - +40 STR +50 Ratt so nice for high DEF mobs

VV - 50 STR and regain always nice for highering fSTR2 and WS mod

sanguine scythe - works very nicely also with RR and GH since it increases crit damage by 30%

and regardless of having jishnu or not arching arrow is a nice alternative crit WS, using RR GH and SS i was getting up to 1.2k crits on normal shots 4k arching arrows and 6k barrages
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-01-15 19:19:40  
What the previous ppl in thread were trying to say is that with right atmas/gear rng is fun on cannon fodder, but if youre wanting to take your rngs archery to the next lvl, get jishnu's rather than focusing on maximizing your output on something inferior. Like a drg trying to max penta build over drakes. You probably already have/are in need most of the dex stuff you need anyways.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-15 19:26:08  
Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
What the previous ppl in thread were trying to say is that with right atmas/gear rng is fun on cannon fodder, but if youre wanting to take your rngs archery to the next lvl, get jishnu's rather than focusing on maximizing your output on something inferior. Like a drg trying to max penta build over drakes. You probably already have/are in need most of the dex stuff you need anyways.

As nice as Gandiva is I'm content with my Moros crossbow if
Spamming These dark adaman bolt.I need a crafter for adaman bolt. Pretty good damage with Last Stand though. I can't wait to get adaman bolts made.

I'm done with Emps at the moment. Working on OaT Gsword/Pole. I can't be bothered doing Fistules/Bhukkis
 Bismarck.Gaspee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-15 19:36:39  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Spamming These dark adaman bolt.I need a crafter for adaman bolt. Pretty good damage with Last Stand though. I can't wait to get adaman bolts made.

I'm done with Emps at the moment. Working on OaT Gsword/Pole. I can't be bothered doing Fistules/Bhukkis

I want a Moros ;;
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-15 19:40:21  
Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

I want a Moros ;;

Not sure what prices are like on other servers 50k-70k here but I gladly paid 500k since it is pretty rare. WoE seems dead on this server and not many people wanted to sell me this xbow.