users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Shura Haidate Augements
Shura Haidate Augements
 Unicorn.Greever
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Greever
By Unicorn.Greever 2011-06-12 00:17:26  
Friend was telling me that u could get +str on these pants. I dident believe him until he made one with me present lol. it was nq 2, +3 str +2 dual weild. nq haidate as well.

He only tried because his friend told him he saw someone with +5 str on it (can u see y i dident want to believe him).

Its kinda late atm, and i have a pic of the one with +3 str ill post it tomorrow
 Bismarck.Recaldy
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2011-06-12 00:22:08  
I got DW2 and Rng. Acc 6 on a NQ. Best I could come up with. Haven't seen any STR augments.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-06-12 00:22:42  
Theres a SS already of 5 str ones but its +1 haidate

*editted for your pleasure http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/57867
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2011-06-12 00:23:45  

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/57867

This was posted a few days ago

edit: beaten, but I posted the picture so I win.

edit2: stop editting yours, Dova >:O
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-06-12 00:27:18  
Fenrir.Caladbolg said:

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/57867

This was posted a few days ago

edit: beaten, but I posted the picture so I win.

edit2: stop editting yours, Dova >:O

lol your pic beat my edit ; ; iFail
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-06-12 00:36:25  
There was also a Togi+1 with Haste+3% on it too... Do want. (not really for MNK of course, but do want.)
 Unicorn.Greever
By Unicorn.Greever 2011-06-12 00:41:57  
so these would be better then Hachiryu for Victory smite right?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-12 00:42:25  
do you have to have the +1 to get the big STR augment? or can that be done on NQ? (also this is a general question to upgrading all cursed gear)
 Unicorn.Greever
By Unicorn.Greever 2011-06-12 00:44:10  
no my friend got +3 str on the NQ haidate, but as the way these augments go ud probably get higher str with the +1
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-12 00:46:10  
those super haidate really really make me want SE to change that set to include pup lol
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-12 11:45:34  
You can get up to 5 STR on pretty much every piece of sky gear that doesn't already have STR as part of it's 4 common augments or HQ bonus augment.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-12 12:09:00  
Lakshmi.Dobbykk said:
There was also a Togi+1 with Haste+3% on it too... Do want. (not really for MNK of course, but do want.)

That's actually a really, really nice SAM piece if that is true. Where can I see an SS? :o
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-12 13:03:43  
i can't picture a single situation/setup where a +3 haste togi would be worth using over unkai domaru +2

allows you to swap out bullwhip belt and ace's sabatons for goading belt and usukane sune-ate, but even still, losing three store tp, some attack, some accuracy, and gaining like, what, 25? hp

would've been an incredibly good piece back at 75, but we all know square's good at being ten years late on most things
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-12 13:22:19  
I'm pretty sure I remember reading mathematically proven results that Masamune 6-hit wins out vs. 5-hit in higher Haste situations. In the case of the 6-hit, you don't need Unkai Domaru +2's STP bonus to maintain the 6-hit, which you'd be able to drop to cap Haste.

However, I'd much sooner drop AF3 head for Zelus Tiara if I were to go that route, and with the upcoming changes to SAM, the Zanshin on Domaru would prove to be quite a good benefit to overall DPS as well.

Really, I just liked the idea of looking different from every other SAM out there and commented too quickly with poor judgement though, lol
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-12 13:31:43  
i know about the six and five-hit comparisons, and i already put together ideal builds you'll probably want after the coming update (viewable here, six-hit build's on the second page), but neither build would be able to utilize shura togi effectively is the jist of it

and yea, i can understand about the impulse behind just wanting something new for the heck of it, like me at first trying to usher in ryuga sune-ate into the six-hit build, but alas, no point when you can abuse ace's sabatons store tp, etc
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-12 14:17:50  
Unkai Sugemino vs. Atheling Mantle for TP is going to be interesting depending on how the Zanshin effect w/ Hasso is going to work with stuff like Double/Triple Attack. Either way, god help us if Sugemino wins out, that ***is ugly as f***.
 Sylph.Elgorian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-06-21 19:07:53  
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk

Edit:

But yeah, any more info about +5 STR on NQ?
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-06-21 23:06:09  
Unicorn.Greever said:
so these would be better then Hachiryu for Victory smite right?
You need to compare it with the rest of your gear/buffs. And I would think you would need +6str on HQ just to stay on par with Hachiryu and being better if you're getting a wsc or 2(definately better if the acc plays a role).

Can easily check yourself.

Your total str(base/gear/cruor/food etc)(add +10str to the leg slot ignore any other str in your current leg slot) *(multiplied by) 0.60 (<-- ws mod%) = remove any decimal

After removing decimal *(multiplied) 0.85(alpha multiplier) = remove any decimal again, this is your wsc.

Add your pants str(1-2, you want to have over 10 str to compare with hachiryu) and do the process all over.

Example:
200 *.6 = 120
120* .85 = 102

202 *.6 = 121
121 *.85 = 102
Got nothing on that one, ie Hachiryu would win w/o acc being considered or on par if attack is capped. Anyhow youd have to see what *your* setup total is.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-06-21 23:38:17  
5 STR was likely a lucky fluke from the random stat pool. Slycer has summarized the findings on Tatter/Scrap Synergy here. It will explain everything you need to know about how the system works.

I should note that some of the upper limits on NQ gear (on the individual pages) may be 1 higher than reality, as I added them all before we realized that HQ gear gets Stat Cap +1. Of course, they could also be low. It's just the summary of data mostly collected from FFXIAH and BG.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-21 23:43:45  
Sylph.Elgorian said:
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk

Edit:

But yeah, any more info about +5 STR on NQ?

Except the OP's post wasn't even about MNK in specific, unless Shura Haidate Augments have become a MNK exclusive piece in a recent update I missed? Wrong forum imo, but I'll leave it at that.
 Sylph.Elgorian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-06-24 02:19:41  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
5 STR was likely a lucky fluke from the random stat pool. Slycer has summarized the findings on Tatter/Scrap Synergy here. It will explain everything you need to know about how the system works.

I should note that some of the upper limits on NQ gear (on the individual pages) may be 1 higher than reality, as I added them all before we realized that HQ gear gets Stat Cap +1. Of course, they could also be low. It's just the summary of data mostly collected from FFXIAH and BG.

Thanks for the link. Nice info
By Entourage 2011-07-05 05:35:55  
ok after about 120 tatters (20 for kabuto, 100 for haidate) this is what I ended up with.

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/58627
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/58682

few tips for kabuto: this piece is all about getting HQ3. It's the only way you'll get 3 good augs. Luckily, that makes it pretty easy to get good augments as all the ones you want are from the common pool.

few tips for haidate: This piece took a while to get good augs on. Its pretty unimportant to get HQ3 on this (sometimes even worse than lower HQ as it can make it impossible to get an aug from the random pool). It's safe to say you can aim for lightning alignment 41-45 (target is 43) and still get up to HQ3. Honestly I think I saw more HQs when it wasn't perfectly on the mark. Expect to use a LOT of tatters if you're going for +STR.

as for pricing compared to hachiryu, I paid 2.25m for cursed haidate -1, 2m for cursed kabuto -1. and probably 2-3m (lost track) on tatters. Hachiryu are going for 15m on Ragnarok... so consider if the 5 atttack is worth 10m. Personally I prefer to +acc for voidwatch anyways cause I'm consistently capped attack inside abyssea.