SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)
SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 12:49:10  
i dunno why it's not letting my other pol accounts not have satchels then. oh well...at least i have mine.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-18 12:55:30  
Dabamylord said:

EDIT:
I reset my SE account password because I logged in my SE account in another PC (it's @ my office PC but I still wanna be sure so I won't be hacked). SE said I'll receive an e-mail with a LINK that will take me to the password change page. This is what I got:

User submitted image

Now I can't log in my own account since I can't input my "new" SE password, and my POL ID is already linked to my SE account >.> So much for password "retrieval".

Not sure what you did to go through all that...I changed my password the other day and it took 2 minutes and I never got any e-mails about it. All I did was click a button on the left (On my SE account page) and maybe one more click, then I had to put in my current password, and the new password I wanted twice. Password was changed, no problems, never got an e-mail for it.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 12:58:46  
oh i think he reset it, not changed it. >.< that sucks.
サーバ: Odin
user: Sundarion
By Odin.Simplepleasures 2009-04-18 15:34:16  
it may be posted somewhere but, i have 2 id's linked to my token, i got my mog satchel on one, but satchel wont show up on the other ID anyone have any ideas about this thank you.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-18 16:11:12  
Ok I'm not sure if this has come up yet but I'm not in the mood to go through 6 pages of stuff to find out. (sorry) Anyway, got my token, linked it up no problem, but when I set PoL not NOT use the one-time password I can't log in. I enter my SE account pw and it says its wrong, but when I activate on-time pw and use them both I am able to log in. Hope that makes sense. Any ideas?
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-18 17:30:17  
Yea, on the token FaQ it says when you have a Token registered to your account that you 'must' use the one-time password to log in.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-18 17:33:58  
So if I do the "Security Token Removal" will it take away my satchel?
 Hades.Kadia
サーバ: Hades
user: kadia112
By Hades.Kadia 2009-04-18 17:42:05  
Excesspain said:
So if I do the "Security Token Removal" will it take away my satchel?

no it will not "all exsisting satchels will be unaffected". its on the FAQ
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-20 16:35:12  
Ok I got my token, registered it, was able to log in the character with the option do not use one time password, it lets me in, the 2nd time i try to log in, it wont let me in.

do I have to re-enter the one time password each time i log in? cause i tried again with a one time password and still wont let me in. I logged on my SE account fine with it. Is there something I'm missing?
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2009-04-20 16:45:46  
Alyria said:
Ok I got my token, registered it, was able to log in the character with the option do not use one time password, it lets me in, the 2nd time i try to log in, it wont let me in.

do I have to re-enter the one time password each time i log in? cause i tried again with a one time password and still wont let me in. I logged on my SE account fine with it. Is there something I'm missing?

I probably don't understand your problem correctly, but I think if you're using the token you would want to check "use one time password", and everytime you want to log in, you'll have the press the button on the SE authenticator and enter it in

Edit: I'm going to get Kadia and Littledarc confused now
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-20 16:51:55  
well the do not use was already clicked and was able to log in fine, but then tried again and it wouldnt let us in. We then changed it from do not use and put in the number off the token to log in but it still wouldnt let us in.

Sorry for confusion.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-04-27 10:42:43  
So i got my token today.. and set everything up including the linking. I wanted to ask something about this, the thing is so there are 2-3 levels of security now right? the SE password and the one time password. I was wondering something do I have to type in the SE password every time along with the one time password?

I was hoping I only had to type in the one time.. that option only be available if the SE one could be saved which it can't. Nothing wrong btw I am fine with it.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-04-27 10:44:22  
You have to type both password and one time password in every time you log in Stanflame.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-04-27 11:27:22  
yeah thought so.
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-04-27 12:40:21  
Hello!
Since a few allready got their token... i want to ask if someone of you has 2 POL accounts registered on one?
Question is... how it works and stuff... and mainly: If both account can really log in at 2 different PC's in same room at the same time with ONE token?
I am afraid to order one Token and link my bfrends and my POL ID to this SE account... and then you cant log them in at the same time ><
Anyone has expirience yet with that? Thx Mindi

Edit: yea i know you can link 10 ID's too it, just want to be sure i can log the accoutns in at the same time (with useing the one time passwords)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-27 12:44:29  
Yes you can log in on different pc's even if you link 2 different pol id's to the SE account but your frined will need the one-time password everytime they wanna log in and your se account info too.

also for other info for ppl, i had deleted a mule and created a new char out of the same content id and still had my satchel.

If you create a new content id, you wont have a stachel i believe but deleting an existing char and recreating wont take it away.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-27 12:53:09  
i created a new character on a POL id that had a satchel and the new character also had a satchel. i'm not sure if you deactivated your token or what your circumstances were but feel free to let me know.
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-04-27 12:55:26  
thx for awnser^^ can you save your SE acoount data on the POL login thingy? When want to get into game i mean
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-27 12:56:40  
i deactivated my token cause i hated the one time password. I did it after it but since its a mule for nothing i can try again.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-27 12:57:05  
you can't save your SE password. you now have to save your POL password and it saves your SE account name also. basically what you will enter every time you log in will be the SE password and the password from the token.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-27 12:57:36  
you cant save the se account password, you have to enter it each time
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-27 12:57:40  
Yep, you should be able to. My friend uses 3 of his accounts on the same token and has them logged in simultaneously. You will just use the same SE ID and PW with both.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-04-27 20:45:22  
Lordzetta said:
Question, If I were to cancel my Square Enix Account would I lose the Satchel after I cancelled the Token and hello everyone first time posting ^^.

Atrithk said:
No, if you already received your Satchel, it will not disappear. You will not get another on new characters, though.

Dear Square Enix,

I bought the token ONLY so I could get the Mog Satchel. I created a SE Account. I registered the Token, linked my POL IDs XXXXXXXX and YYYYYYYY to it. I logged in the game to double-check that the Satchels were activated. I turned off the One-time Password because it was annoying to have to type THREE passwords just to log in. Then, every time I would log in, it would ask me for my SE Password. It was still pretty annoying to have to type TWO passwords and not be able to have them both saved. So I canceled the SE Account, expecting that I could now log in POL without entering anything (and praying that the Satchel would stay) more than what was required before (ONE frickin password). Now, I cannot log into the game at all, even when I leave the SE account ID field blank. How do I get to play now? Have I locked myself out of my account forever? I simply want the Satchel, without the hassle of entering 2 or 3 passwords. Is that too much to ask, considering I paid 10$ to you for just that?

Sincerely,
someone who is pissed... just a little, of course...
 Midgardsormr.Trauma
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Trauma
By Midgardsormr.Trauma 2009-04-27 20:59:09  
Chances are you'll need to contact SE. They can probably reactivate your SE account.

I'm not 100% sure about this strategy but you could:
-Delete your saved information from the PlayOnline Viewer login screen (the screen before you type your SE account pass)
-Unlink your account(s) from the SE account via web browser.
-Then go back to PlayOnline Viewer and add your PlayOnline information back in, but without any of the SE account or OTP stuff.

That should work for logging in without any extra passwords just like before the SE account update. It has also been confirmed that once you receive the satchel you can never lose it again.

I should never say never though. I bet someone will find a way to lose it.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-27 20:59:15  
I'm still loling at the people getting screwed over.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-04-27 21:06:05  
Trauma said:

-Unlink your account(s) from the SE account via web browser.
-Then go back to PlayOnline Viewer and add your PlayOnline information back in, but without any of the SE account or OTP stuff.

It was clearly stated on the Square Enix Account page that a POL ID could not be unlinked from a SE Account.

So the only next logical step was to cancel the SE Account since the fact it was active was making POL ask me for the stupid second password (that can't be saved). If doing so prevents me from playing, something is wrong with their brain. I mean, there's a limit to making things dumb, I guess.

Well, I needed a good excuse to play less. SE just gave me a pretty good one. Since I don't have time to call them during opening hours (guess what, I work too >.>) I'll have to wait for their email reply.

If someone finds the answer, feel free to PM me, I would appreciate.
 Midgardsormr.Trauma
By Midgardsormr.Trauma 2009-04-27 21:10:35  
Instead of unlinking you can always just delete it again. Just make sure to set your PlayOnline Viewer options accordingly before doing so.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-04-27 21:14:04  
Trauma said:
Instead of unlinking you can always just delete it again. Just make sure to set your PlayOnline Viewer options accordingly before doing so.

My Security Token is deactivated + my Square Enix Account is deactivated. One hour later, I still get prompted for a SE Account ID and password when I try to log into the PlayOnline Viewer (even though I am clearly not entering any). Of course, entering the old information (SE Account ID and SE Account password) doesn't work either, since it's now deactivated.
 Midgardsormr.Trauma
By Midgardsormr.Trauma 2009-04-27 21:19:31  
Quote:
Chances are you'll need to contact SE. They can probably reactivate your SE account.

You're not going to get your account back unless you do that :P I'm talking aboot after you get it back.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-04-27 21:32:42  
Trauma said:
Quote:

You're not going to get your account back unless you do that :P I'm talking aboot after you get it back.

But I don't want to reactivate my SE Account, I want to play FF XI without one because an SE account forces me to enter some stupid password and I don't want to. While it was active, the only thing I could do was deactivate the One Time Password, which is not what I want. There was no option to unlink my POL IDs from the SE Account. It was even stated it couldn't be done.

I looked up every possible option, and the only logical one was canceling the SE Account. It makes no sense that I couldn't play anymore since I did that. They're dumb, but they can't possibly be THAT dumb.

I will certainly contact them. In fact, I sent them an email request for support. I will see if I can call them after work. I just realized they're open until 9PM in my time zone.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8