Gear Help
 Quetzalcoatl.Kilikopela
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Kilikopela 2011-06-26 13:18:06  
So this is my current TP build

This is my SATA (when i use it)

And this is my EVA gear

Any help or item suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-Kili
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-06-26 13:37:58  
my tp set

str-kila

for evasion u can really just make dual agi-kilas
 Quetzalcoatl.Mdkuser
user: mdkuser
By Quetzalcoatl.Mdkuser 2011-06-27 06:09:13  
Quetzalcoatl.Kilikopela said:

-Kili

Assuming no COP done? it's really easy to do now since they lift the level caps. Get brutal earring and rajas asap (this inproves your damage by ~ 15%). Do ZM mission and try to get a suppanomimi. Get dusk gloves ( NQ is fine) or that new haste +3% acc+10 feet ( or just the dverg Nm feet from vunkerl, forgot name, 100% drop rate).

Get STR kila+2 daggers, relatively easy to solo if you kill mobs inside abyssea on fire day. Triplus or twilight daggers they are easy to get but inferior.

After that usual abyssea crap, get +2 items, twilight belt, raider's boomerang.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-06-27 06:18:31  
Fulltime O-hat. :)
 Gilgamesh.Katori
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: agroyboy
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-06-27 06:40:10  
i use twilight/triplus. triplus is pretty much the best off-hand out there right now. ballerie feet from durinn. mdkuser pretty much on point with the rest of the stuff. i also use love neck from sea.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-27 06:41:43  
Quetzalcoatl.Mdkuser said:
Quetzalcoatl.Kilikopela said:

-Kili

Assuming no COP done? it's really easy to do now since they lift the level caps. Get brutal earring and rajas asap (this inproves your damage by ~ 15%). Do ZM mission and try to get a suppanomimi. Get dusk gloves ( NQ is fine) or that new haste +3% acc+10 feet ( or just the dverg Nm feet from vunkerl, forgot name, 100% drop rate).

Get STR kila+2 daggers, relatively easy to solo if you kill mobs inside abyssea on fire day. Triplus or twilight daggers they are easy to get but inferior.

After that usual abyssea crap, get +2 items, twilight belt, raider's boomerang.
Triplus is not inferior to str kila...Ideally you should go for str kila(or better)/triplus.

You should make separate sets for SA and TA, and you should not be using both at the same time.
 Gilgamesh.Katori
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-06-27 07:05:34  
yea. i dont understand the str daggers to much anyways maybe becuase at 90 im sitting with base dex 95. im working on empy/triplus.
By Ska681 2011-06-27 07:51:33  
@KATORI if your main handing your twilight dagger i laugh at you. main hand any high damage dagger really look for a rank 5 dagger(damage over 45) this will really help your DPS through normal attacks and ws.
also something else to look at w/ TP sets, subtle blow you have some on there but you can get to 40% w/o outside help with gear +/nin. Auspice would keep you get you capped.
feet mentioned above would also be better.
for legs raider+1 are better for SA set npc the dragon legs.your +1 body is also better to dragon body unless your SAmulti-hit ws where the dragon harness attack would pull ahead long as you acc stays capped.
Twightlight belt for more haste.
i bet i get rated down for saying this but kemas earring is better than what you using in your TP set btu the above mention earrings are what your shooting for.
rings are ok but unless your needing the 5acc from snipers and it doesnt look like you are drop that on the AH for what you can and use either heard for a lil acc/attack or just full time you +5dex ring cause that should hit you next % of crit hit rate. BUT here your wanting epona's for final build.
none of these are besides waist and feet are gaoing to make a huge difference but when you add them all together the final completion your ganna see a huge boost in DPS. ^^ GL getting you final set.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-27 08:00:38  

STR/Attack Kila+2. Potentially Raider's Earring over Brutal. I still haven't seen the math on it yet, though.
 Gilgamesh.Katori
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-06-27 08:33:49  
at ska681 well just so you know even with twilight/triplus i still out dmg all thf's i come up to. and my buddy who i do everything with is empy katana and 5/5 nin and cant hold hate on me. and with cap haste and twilight/triplus i pretty much get 100 tp in like 15 secs. so you tell me which is better. so go /nona somewhere else
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mdkuser
user: mdkuser
By Quetzalcoatl.Mdkuser 2011-06-27 09:07:51  
Phoenix.Kirana said:

Triplus is not inferior to str kila...Ideally you should go for str kila(or better)/triplus.

You should make separate sets for SA and TA, and you should not be using both at the same time.

Triplus( twilight) are terribad daggers idk why so many people use them. With af3+2 head, merits, trait, epona's ring and shinryu atma you have 31% triple attacks and 11% double attacks. Only about one third of your melee hits are not multi hits, and triplu's 3% only apllies to those, while a killa+2's 25 attack boost apply to every hit ( ignoring str+9 since its nullified by cruor buffs).

It's a bad choice of dagger, especially inside abyssea (same argument for twilight).
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-27 09:29:46  
Something like this for pure, un-engaged evasion:

Mostly overkill, throw in AGI/Evasion Kila's as you see fit.

Personally, I use this when I'm engaged:

If you're able to floor the mob's accuracy with less evasion pieces (ie: You're outside abyssea, or in Vision/Scars zone), throw in some Haste in certain slots. Generally, you won't even need any evasion gear on in Visions zones though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kilikopela
By Quetzalcoatl.Kilikopela 2011-06-27 11:45:56  
thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it. I do need to work on CoP and ZM missions. i just finished classes and i'll have the rest of the summer to do absolutely nothing. (mainly playing this game,mixed with going to the gym)

main goal is to get raja's and brutal earring. then gain access to Shin.

-Kili
 Ragnarok.Deadgye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Deadgye
By Ragnarok.Deadgye 2011-06-27 12:00:36  
Quote:
Only about one third of your melee hits are not multi hits, and triplu's 3% only apllies to those, while a killa+2's 25 attack boost apply to every hit ( ignoring str+9 since its nullified by cruor buffs).

It's a bad choice of dagger, especially inside abyssea (same argument for twilight).
Something tells me you didn't even read the description of the dagger. Here I'll help you. "Increases Triple Attack Damage". Even at 31% TA rate you're getting over a 3% increase in attacks from triplus's TA rate boost alone, and two-thirds of your attacks are getting their damage boosted. If you're aiming for a non-relic/emp solution then your best bet is Fire Kilas+2/Triplus.
 Phoenix.Hagino
サーバ: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-06-28 22:06:29  
Beestinger is where its at.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Katori
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-06-29 06:56:48  
my empy dagger will be complete soon so really isnt that important for me. but thanks
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-06-29 07:14:38  
Gilgamesh.Katori said:
at ska681 well just so you know even with twilight/triplus i still out dmg all thf's i come up to. and my buddy who i do everything with is empy katana and 5/5 nin and cant hold hate on me. and with cap haste and twilight/triplus i pretty much get 100 tp in like 15 secs. so you tell me which is better. so go /nona somewhere else

if they are wearing 5/5 af3 inside abby /facepalm
outside VS things like VW is a diff story tho
[+]
By Ska681 2011-06-29 07:53:13  
Gilgamesh.Katori said:
main reason i laugh is the same i laugh at thf/dnc for farming you cant increase your TH if you get an added effect hit. twilight has a 90% proc rate for 1 of the three. The reason people bring a thf is to get better drops. If your reducing your chances to 10% its 100% fail sorry.
 Gilgamesh.Katori
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-06-29 08:42:11  
Ska681 said:
Gilgamesh.Katori said:
main reason i laugh is the same i laugh at thf/dnc for farming you cant increase your TH if you get an added effect hit. twilight has a 90% proc rate for 1 of the three. The reason people bring a thf is to get better drops. If your reducing your chances to 10% its 100% fail sorry.
there's are couple of us thf who tank everything in abyssea. easier way to proc th is sa or ta anyways. and im not even sure how went from gear to th items. every knows that theif knife, af3+2 boots and AA are your TH items. im ls is 5 people and we kill anything in abyssea without brewing. and it;s either mnk nin or thf tanking it. and to me doesnt matter who you are. im keep doing what i do. and it's pretty bad when you come on here and talk and dont even have a profile.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-29 08:51:00  
Gilgamesh.Katori said:

Guess you never heard of the hate cap...
[+]
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-29 09:13:03  
Ska681 said:
Gilgamesh.Katori said:

wiki: The effect can not be enhanced on hits that apply another status effect on the target (for example, when applying Feint), but enhancement takes priority over Samba and weapon additional effect (for example Twilight Knife).

I can vouch for this.
 Sylph.Gredival
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-06-29 15:05:27  
OP:

TP - Until you get full +2's you should swap out the AF3 Hands and Feet for Haste. Right now you're at 17% so use Ballerines and Dusk Gloves to get closer to the cap. Also standard accessory gear that would improve your build is Love Torque (or Tiercel Necklace), Rajas Ring (or Demonry Ring), Epona's Ring, Twilight Belt, Raider's Boomerang.

Assuming you split SA and TA, here's what you are missing in those.

SA - Aias Bonnet, Loki's Kaftan, Love Torque (or Kubira Beads), Thunder Pearls, Thundersoul Rings, Tumbler Trunks, Cuchulain's Belt. Also I've heard for WS, it is best to keep Atheling on compared to Nifty.

TA - Denali Bonnet, Loki's Kaftan, Arctier's Torque, Breezesoul Rings, Rogue Armlets +1, Ambuser's Hose, Crudelis Belt. Use your Raider's Poulaines +1 here instead of Lithe Boots. I personally like to keep Atheling Mantle on for the attack.

I don't have much of any advice for EVA since I'm a minimalist when it comes to that.

Ska681 said:

Putting aside the fact you are just wrong, if all you want is a TH *** then there's no point of gearing past Knife/Armlets/Feet + bare minimum amount of gear to hit haste cap. It's pretty obvious that in this thread we're aiming a bit higher than that.
 Gilgamesh.Katori
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-07-01 10:43:53  
im full af3+2 5/5 thf. only need to put on homam or ballerie to hit 25% cap.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2011-07-02 08:41:22  
haste cap is easy to hit honestly once u have the gear all u need is +2 head body legs ballerines and T belt hands are a free slot to play with on whatever u wanna slap in there.

being a empy fully jacked thf for a while now ive figured it out alot and honest truth to me empy is a big boost in damage but pure random at times.

and yes its true me vs both our jacked out nins they struggle to hold hate against me at times. thf is a insane DD inside abys backed up with the right merits.
 Gilgamesh.Katori
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-07-05 03:57:34  
yea doesnt help half of us were hnm tanks back in the days also. damn you 5 enm+ merits lol.yea i should just pull out my homam feet but been lazy.but most of the time im tanking or putting th on mobs for drops. so -5 attack isnt that important to me. but im pretty sure with ballerine or homam feet your at 26% haste. but ill recheck it as soon as i can.
 Gilgamesh.Katori
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-07-05 03:59:14  
correct that it's 27% lol.