users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » brewing orthrus
brewing orthrus
 Leviathan.Cycerath
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2011-06-29 00:41:54  
i know it's an easy nm, but i'm short on good people and with the people i have currently who are undergeared, i'm just wanting to brew 3 orthrus at a time, i guess aeoleon edge would be best, but what are some people who have brew'd it's numbers on other WSs like Herculean slash or primal rend perhaps?
By Ashaaman 2011-06-29 00:54:56  
Literally 5 posts down from you...

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/23054/brewing-orthrus/
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-06-29 00:59:24  
Aoelian Edge is aoe. The others aren't. Why do you care about the others?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-06-29 01:41:02  
Its umm, not hard to duo. I did so many as DNC+WHM. Just barfira and use brother wolf atma. Sure it'll take a little bit longer to kill but save yourself the brew
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-29 01:46:38  
Don't need resist atmas, a MDT macro and a WHM who isn't asleep at the keyboard is plenty.

That said, it's pretty irrelevant how easy it is to duo because OP made it clear that they're aware it's easy and it looks like they're trying to work on claws for 90 Twashtar. iirc Orthrus takes reduced damage from magic but you should still be able to get some respectable numbers and kill at a good clip with AE. It'll certainly be faster than killing them with a magic WS one by one.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-06-29 02:57:38  
Correct me if I'm wrong, but AoE weapon skills by default reduce drop rates on everything aside from the primary monster. That would mean you're more likely to get single drop claws, and less AF3+2 items as well.
By Ashaaman 2011-06-29 03:33:58  
Cerberus.Tikal said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but AoE weapon skills by default reduce drop rates on everything aside from the primary monster. That would mean you're more likely to get single drop claws, and less AF3+2 items as well.

Where was this ever tested?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-06-29 03:37:19  
Some dude on FFXI, out of thousands, who provided data that not many would have the interest to verify? It's been my understanding for a few years, so I don't recall where or whom.
By Ashaaman 2011-06-29 03:43:18  
Well, even if you say so, TH is still TH. And honestly, the likelihood of killing all 3 NMs @ once is fairly low. Mobs resist too randomly and especially ones with that much HP, it's likely you'll get a focused swing on each one.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-29 03:56:53  
This made me think, the assumption about drops not coming when you aoe farm stuff probably came from people who would aoe farm giddeus.

We now know that when lotsa mobs are killed at the same time (10-15ish?) they stop giving xp. Makes me wonder if they also stop dropping items.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-01 20:25:56  
Cerberus.Tikal said:

Correction. You're wrong.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-01 20:29:57  
Quote:

[+]
By Pooman 2011-07-01 20:39:31  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:

Correction. You're wrong.
^