4/5 Set Proc Worth It?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » 4/5 set proc worth it?
4/5 set proc worth it?
 Fenrir.Kinzie
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kinzie 2011-07-15 12:03:16  
I have heard somewhere that you should be wearing 4/5 AF3+2 and AF+1 body for the chance at set proc over swapping out the correct spell modifiers in the 4 main spots. Any truth to this?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-15 12:05:30  
no
 Shiva.Johneblaze
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Johneblaze 2011-07-15 12:12:35  
Umm.. dont you need full +2 to proc set?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-15 12:14:29  
Shiva.Johneblaze said:
Also no. The set bonus on AF3 activates at a low frequency with at least 2 pieces equipped; the procrate increases with additional pieces but it's still awfully low.
 Fenrir.Kinzie
By Fenrir.Kinzie 2011-07-15 12:17:12  
Ok. Thats what I thought but just wanted to confirm my suspicions.
 Shiva.Johneblaze
By Shiva.Johneblaze 2011-07-15 12:22:41  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Johneblaze said:
Also no. The set bonus on AF3 activates at a low frequency with at least 2 pieces equipped; the procrate increases with additional pieces but it's still awfully low.
oic so are you saying this applies to other items w/ set bonus's or is empyrean +2 armor set proc different? and where is this information coming from¿
 Sylph.Zefyr
サーバ: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-07-15 12:54:32  
Shiva.Johneblaze said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Johneblaze said:
oic so are you saying this applies to other items w/ set bonus's or is empyrean +2 armor set proc different? and where is this information coming from¿

Some sets (like Salvage gear) require the entire set for the set bonus to proc. Some sets (like Empyrean +2 gear) get a gradual bonus (this is true for the empyrean gear for every job) depending on how many of the pieces you have equipped. This information is coming from every player that has at least 2 pieces of +2 empyrean gear. It's pretty widely known at this point.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-07-15 12:58:43  
Shiva.Johneblaze said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Johneblaze said:

It's the same as the campaign gear set bonuses, each peice added from 2 up adds a boost to it. It's easy enough to prove when people will get the odd set proc with just 2 peices (<3 it when smn set procs). Been like it all along for AF3, perticularly since only 3 peices were initally available.
 Shiva.Johneblaze
By Shiva.Johneblaze 2011-07-15 13:04:13  
kk gotcha I just never payed that close attention I suppose to the set proc'ing and am fairly new to FFxi <year not doubting any of the information just looking for answers and you have to admit from some of the posts on this site I am not wrong to ask where the info came from...
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
user: Kerayu2
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2011-07-15 15:56:17  
Agree with others, the set bonus shouldn't be considered when you gear for spell damage. Is it nice when it works? Yes, but it is not something you should strive for when your overall performance will be affected for a minor gain in set bonus activation.

Stand by my initial view of the set: certain pieces/combination of pieces are great for situational use (nuking, tp gain, job ability activation), but the set as a whole doesn't do much of anything for a blu when worn together.