フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Duoing Rani Without Brew
Duoing Rani Without Brew
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-23 02:39:26  
Is it possible with any job set up? Tried gandiva rng, whm today because heard he doesnt build resistance to ranged attacks and kill speed was atrocious. Any ideas? All else I can think of is mnk or nin zerging with stalwarts gambir (maybe brd would be required). Any ideas, would really like a solid low man set up that could do him without brew.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-07-23 02:42:42  
You can duo him fine with the stereotypical MNK + WHM. You just need to deaggro him every so often so he doesn't build DT. Best way to do this is to drag him to conflux multiple times until he turns yellow and idles, then fight him again. Of course you have to be careful not to get him stolen this way.

You cannot duo him without a brew without deaggroing him.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-07-23 02:43:28  
inb4 blu
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-23 02:43:34  
Not to mention, the longer the fight prolongs, the more chances she has to use Enthrall, which could cost you your pop.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-23 02:44:23  
You might be able to trio/quadro(?) her without a brew.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-23 02:45:27  
You'd still need to watch out for Meteor and Enthrall, as if absorbing damage, stealing your buffs, and increasing -DT isn't enough. In other words, if you try, there's a very large chance of ***hitting the fan. If you succeed make sure you fraps it :o
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-23 02:46:26  
How long does whm mnk take to down him using deaggro strat?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-07-23 02:53:05  
honestly you are better off just cruor farming then brewing it, pretty sure you could farm the cruor, and brew the NM in the time it takes to duo it.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-07-23 02:53:52  
Fenrir.Curty said:
Depends on your gear, but assuming no deaths and no ***hitting the fan, I'd say around 45 minutes(if you have Ascetic's Fury at the very least) if not longer. Has as much HP as Raja etc. except it's a lot worse. Plus she'll probably dispel Counterstance/berserk at some point, so kill speed will get lower and lower.

If you use every temp item in the book and Hundred Fists at the start, you should be able to shave her down to the 50% mark rather quickly though.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-23 02:57:32  
Asura.Vyre said:
Fenrir.Curty said:
Depends on your gear, but assuming no deaths and no ***hitting the fan, I'd say around 45 minutes(if you have Ascetic's Fury at the very least) if not longer. Has as much HP as Raja etc. except it's a lot worse. Plus she'll probably dispel Counterstance/berserk at some point, so kill speed will get lower and lower.

If you use every temp item in the book and Hundred Fists at the start, you should be able to shave her down to the 50% mark rather quickly though.
This is assuming she doesn't absorb all of your temp item buffs, doesn't amnesia you, you don't use a ws during a tp move, or a billion other things including but not limited to just looking in your general direction just to *** up your day.

Not to mention it's at 50% when the fight really starts to get fun
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-23 03:01:52  
Enthrall is definitely my second favorite TP move in all of FFXI 8)
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-23 03:06:46  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Fenrir.Curty said:

This is assuming she doesn't absorb all of your temp item buffs, doesn't amnesia you, you don't use a ws during a tp move, or a billion other things including but not limited to just looking in your general direction just to *** up your day.

Not to mention it's at 50% when the fight really starts to get fun

I noticed that she steals almost all buffs. Only one I found she doesn't is counterstance.
 Ragnarok.Zirael
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2011-07-23 03:07:21  
Fenrir.Curty said:
Is it possible with any job set up? Tried gandiva rng, whm today because heard he doesnt build resistance to ranged attacks and kill speed was atrocious. Any ideas? All else I can think of is mnk or nin zerging with stalwarts gambir (maybe brd would be required). Any ideas, would really like a solid low man set up that could do him without brew.
I don't see this happening. MNK+WHM can duo her fine to 51% HP (provided WHM has max refresh atmas/gear and MNK uses MDT builds etc). We did that alot when trying for the rings. But as soon as she goes below 50% HP, her -aga3 changes into -aga4 and this really saps WHMs MP very fast alone.
Brewing her from 90-100% HP is risky unless you get lucky on not healing her (or using Wildfire etc), but from ~55% even WHM with Earth Crusher can do it with 1min remaining on brew. Good brew WSs are: Victory Smite (~11-13k), Aeolian Edge (~10-11k), Flash Nova (~8-9k) and probably Wildfire (didn't try).
Non brewing her is very risky (wipe or getting it stolen) and would waste alot of your time. Just get Asymptotic's pro-tip.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2011-07-23 03:14:13  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Fenrir.Curty said:
Depends on your gear, but assuming no deaths and no ***hitting the fan, I'd say around 45 minutes(if you have Ascetic's Fury at the very least) if not longer. Has as much HP as Raja etc. except it's a lot worse. Plus she'll probably dispel Counterstance/berserk at some point, so kill speed will get lower and lower. If you use every temp item in the book and Hundred Fists at the start, you should be able to shave her down to the 50% mark rather quickly though.
This is assuming she doesn't absorb all of your temp item buffs, doesn't amnesia you, you don't use a ws during a tp move, or a billion other things including but not limited to just looking in your general direction just to *** up your day. Not to mention it's at 50% when the fight really starts to get fun
I noticed that she steals almost all buffs. Only one I found she doesn't is counterstance.
Yeah, but she can still dispel it on her melee hits. It's a real pain in the ***.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-23 03:15:21  
Asura.Vyre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Fenrir.Curty said:
Depends on your gear, but assuming no deaths and no ***hitting the fan, I'd say around 45 minutes(if you have Ascetic's Fury at the very least) if not longer. Has as much HP as Raja etc. except it's a lot worse. Plus she'll probably dispel Counterstance/berserk at some point, so kill speed will get lower and lower. If you use every temp item in the book and Hundred Fists at the start, you should be able to shave her down to the 50% mark rather quickly though.
This is assuming she doesn't absorb all of your temp item buffs, doesn't amnesia you, you don't use a ws during a tp move, or a billion other things including but not limited to just looking in your general direction just to *** up your day. Not to mention it's at 50% when the fight really starts to get fun
Yeah, but she can still dispel it on her melee hits. It's a real pain in the ***.

Counterstance can't be dispelled on her melee hits, ever. Ws is a different story though, one of the ws has dispel effect and can remove CS.

Ragnarok.Zirael said:
Fenrir.Curty said:
I don't see this happening. MNK+WHM can duo her fine to 51% HP (provided WHM has max refresh atmas/gear and MNK uses MDT builds etc). We did that alot when trying for the rings. But as soon as she goes below 50% HP, her -aga3 changes into -aga4 and this really saps WHMs MP very fast alone.
Brewing her from 90-100% HP is risky unless you get lucky on not healing her (or using Wildfire etc), but from ~55% even WHM with Earth Crusher can do it with 1min remaining on brew. Good brew WSs are: Victory Smite (~11-13k), Aeolian Edge (~10-11k), Flash Nova (~8-9k) and probably Wildfire (didn't try).
Non brewing her is very risky (wipe or getting it stolen) and would waste alot of your time. Just get Asymptotic's pro-tip.

You don't have to get "lucky" to not heal her... It's extremely easy because she will always do ws > spell > ws > spell.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-23 03:25:10  
Yea, what Draylo said. I usually hold Rani only keeping counterstance up and she is usually around 70-80% by time we blue her and get red figured out. Then we just have someone brew her while she is terrored.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2011-07-23 03:26:35  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Fenrir.Curty said:
Counterstance can't be dispelled on her melee hits, ever. Ws is a different story though, one of the ws has dispel effect and can remove CS.
Yes she can. Her melee hits dispel or absorb any of your buffs, barring 2hrs. It's happened to me about 3 times now. Course that's out of like 30 or so Ranis.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-23 03:26:51  
As long as you're paying attention to Rani, it's very difficult to make a mistake and heal her.

Hit her with a physical WS for free damage during a spell (you have 50/tic regain, why not? But you don't have to do this at all)

Hit her with magic WS after the spell animation ends.

You may heal her with lolmelee hits, but who cares?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-23 03:27:33  
Asura.Vyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Fenrir.Curty said:
Yes she can. Her melee hits dispel or absorb any of your buffs, barring 2hrs. It's happened to me about 3 times now. Course that's out of like 30 or so Ranis.

No she can't, you must have gotten hit by the WS. I've turned plenty of times and have gotten hit a bunch and still never got absorbed, she won't ever absorb/dispel counterstance.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2011-07-23 03:28:46  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Fenrir.Curty said:
No she can't, you must have gotten hit by the WS. I've turned plenty of times and have gotten hit a bunch and still never got absorbed, she won't ever absorb/dispel counterstance.
No, it was not Interference. It's always been a hit through Counterstance.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-23 03:35:31  
done it before as whm and sam/war practically, as shown here :D, purposely feeding it berserk repeatedly, but basically, save yourself the trouble and just brew it after you stagger blue on it, since theoretically i didn't quite duo it there after all, with all them amazing pet jobs on the sidelines being so helpful the entire time after encouraging them to not be counter-producting by feeding it tp

engaged at about 16:08:30, killed it at 17:06:16, according to logger and timestamp at least; it's been quite a while since i've done it without a brew, since rest assured it was not a fun fight without one, but, i do get the vibe that it may've lost aggravation at least once along the way thanks to enthralls, which would explain how my damage kept consistent the entire way through the fight
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-23 03:39:39  
Asura.Vyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Fenrir.Curty said:

Dude, I've fought like, 10 Rani and always tanked it and never lost counterstance due to a melee hit.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2011-07-23 03:46:36  
/concedes.

Anywho, it'll definitely be a pain in the ***, and you will want full damage reduction setups for sure.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-07-23 04:05:45  
RANI IS A SHE!?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-23 04:29:56  
Ragnarok.Lugat said:
RANI IS A SHE!?
It's a queen, so must be female. Or a drag queen.
 Gilgamesh.Boemir
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Wheels
By Gilgamesh.Boemir 2011-07-23 05:08:59  
Ragnarok.Zirael said:

Actually I never lost a brew using Blade: HI (did around 4 brews). I was doing 15k-19k, and 5k SC darkness. So he went down pretty quick. I tried Blade: Yu the the beginning but that was only doing 5k so i Switch to Hi.
 Bahamut.Paquerette
By Bahamut.Paquerette 2011-07-23 05:58:19  
Trio np. 2 whm 1 mnk( RR SS GH - Verethragna ). Of course the monk and the 2 whm need be really good geared and skilled. I trioed it, i dual mnk/whm + 1 good whm, under 50% its " exciting " lol .. but can do it .. only PROBLEM can be is charm .. but i did it like 20 time~ and charmed only 1 time .. so good luck.
By Leonlionheart 2011-07-23 06:59:20  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Fenrir.Curty said:

Dude, I've fought like, 10 Rani and always tanked it and never lost counterstance due to a melee hit.

I've had Counterstance dispelled by a melee hit too. Twice in three fights, all before just brewing it (Only tanked it for as long as it took to get blue)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-23 07:24:39  
Asura.Catastrophe said:

Yeah, Wildfire works. |:

Completely off topic, but I love Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir. She looks like a freaking super-villain(ess).
First Page 2