users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Brewing Alfard
Brewing Alfard
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-07-25 11:05:47  
Hi! I'm eventually gonna be brewing some Alfard to make my 90 Gamb. I heard it has like.. high resistance to magic dmg? @.@; If so, what ele WS (if any?) would be effective on Alfard?
 Cerberus.Maxiel
サーバ: Cerberus
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2011-07-25 11:12:54  
Pretty sure Alfard - if not all hydra mobs - is susceptible to lightning.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-07-25 12:05:37  
What would be a perfect way to brew then? D: I have whm blu sch as 90 jobs, would it be good to charged whisker brew them? :S
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-25 12:09:17  
I saw this thread title and thought, "Must be Binckry."

What's the recast on Charged Whisker? I imagine you could put out some hefty damage but the recast might make that not much a great option. (Ftr I think Kaz's Thunder IV did 1500 to it to put the thunder comment in perspective)
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-07-25 12:11:23  
I do it with cloudsplitter for 60k a hit.

but ive seen it done with cataclysm 30ish k a hit

and aoelian edge 10k a hit (moderately good set)
 Bismarck.Faelar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-25 12:12:09  
Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
I saw this thread title and thought, "Must be Binckry." What's the recast on Charged Whisker? I imagine you could put out some hefty damage but the recast might make that not much a great option. (Ftr I think Kaz's Thunder IV did 1500 to it to put the thunder comment in perspective)

Its close to a minute I think? Been awhile since I've been on BLU or casted CW.
 Cerberus.Maxiel
サーバ: Cerberus
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2011-07-25 12:18:54  
I brewed it on BLM myself using thunder. With SCH you prolly just need to find a way to avoid getting your spells interrupted and lower you cooldown for your thunder spells.

Iirc Alfard resists all elements except lightning. I've heard he was susceptible to earth too, so maybe you can find some friends and test which spells he tends to resist. Alfard is fairly easy to tail tank though, so maybe you should just spare your brews if you have people who don't mind helping.

BLU CW is 85 seconds w/o haste. I feel bad when my CW puller brings me mobs and it's not even ready ^^;;
 Ragnarok.Brevalaerr
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Brevalaer
By Ragnarok.Brevalaerr 2011-07-25 12:26:15  
Why on earth would you want to brew such a weak nm?
Take 2 tanks 1 preferably a Thf and 1 Healer thats all you need to win this fight easy, A Brew is such a waste on such a weak nm.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-07-25 12:40:56  
Ragnarok.Brevalaerr said:
Why on earth would you want to brew such a weak nm?
Take 2 tanks 1 preferably a Thf and 1 Healer thats all you need to win this fight easy, A Brew is such a waste on such a weak nm.
Why would I brew it? Just to get it over with. What else would I use it on? There's more things than just Alfard to fight. And I'd rather not waste my time on such a "weak nm" as you say. :p
[+]
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-25 15:24:00  
Sylph.Binckry said:
Ragnarok.Brevalaerr said:
Why on earth would you want to brew such a weak nm? Take 2 tanks 1 preferably a Thf and 1 Healer thats all you need to win this fight easy, A Brew is such a waste on such a weak nm.
Why would I brew it? Just to get it over with. What else would I use it on? There's more things than just Alfard to fight. And I'd rather not waste my time on such a "weak nm" as you say. :p

Really this. Using a brew and killing multiple within 10 minutes saves you time. Over the course of the trial you save a fair bit of time which can be used on other things assuming you have the cruor to spare.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-25 15:30:22  
Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
I do it with cloudsplitter for 60k a hit.

but ive seen it done with cataclysm 30ish k a hit

and aoelian edge 10k a hit (moderately good set)

Yea, in a setup on mnk I had cataclysm hit for 25-35k. Didn't seem to resist it much. Works well if you are popping 3 at a time.
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-07-25 15:31:57  
Brewed like 15 of these yesterday with Cataclysm was doing about 28k. Only had 6 people in party and brewed 2 at a time (so we wouldnt auto sort fangs) killed all 6 with like 1.5min left on brew. could easily fit in 8-12 if you're quick.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-25 15:33:45  
I'm curious what Atmas and Gearsets you guys are using on Cataclysm. I would think Smiting Blow, Cosmos, and The 2H WS DMG+ one? (I forget the name)
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-25 15:39:07  
I'm curious what Atmas and Gearsets you guys are using on Cataclysm. I would think Smiting Blow, Cosmos, and The 2H WS DMG+ one? (I forget the name)

Cosmos, SB, GC, MAB gear, Pluto's Staff. Dunno if Ultimate would do better than SB or GC, haven't really tried it out since I'm fine with what I do lol.

MAB gear is two demon's rings and hecate's, still need to get moldy or Novio (lol). Don't really have room for too much more, could do denali legs and other stuff if you really want to.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-25 15:40:36  
I'm pretty sure the 100 TP Bonus on Smiting Blow adds like 20%+ damage. Ultimate won't do that if you're brewing. As far as GC, I don't know how much it gives, I've just heard it's good lol
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-25 15:42:37  
I'm pretty sure the 100 TP Bonus on Smiting Blow adds like 20%+ damage. Ultimate won't do that if you're brewing. As far as GC, I don't know how much it gives, I've just heard it's good lol

It gives cataclysm a 1.25 ftp boost from 100-200 tp. Pretty substantial. And BG wiki has GC listed as 20% ws damage.

Post deleted by User.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-25 15:48:57  
But is it really worth it to wait for that if you can launch off 200 TP (TP Bonus) weaponskills every 6 seconds as opposed to 300 TP every 18 seconds with a minor% (off wiki) bonus? Just curious what kind of numbers you've done with that. Also I wonder how AoElian would do from a paladin using Divine Emblem currently (hope it's not fixed tonight <.< I love my 45k AoElians on Azdaja)
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-07-25 15:50:19  
Make sure you have a thf aeolian edge the NMs if you do AoE them though... Seems like a huge waste to only get 3 drops instead of 6.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-25 16:15:18  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cosmos smiting and griffon will give you the max dps yeah but if you're waiting for 300%
crushing cudgel griffon and cosmos with Yama's staff +2 will give you much higher numbers

WELL, I'm a mnk. No Yama's for me.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-25 17:08:42  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cosmos smiting and griffon will give you the max dps yeah but if you're waiting for 300% crushing cudgel griffon and cosmos with Yama's staff +2 will give you much higher numbers
WELL, I'm a mnk. No Yama's for me.
blm is better at it anyways, now you know what must be done

Yup, I gotta lvl cor 8)