users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Noob question
Noob question
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-08-04 13:52:44  
So I'm pretty noobish with campaign... how does attacking an area work? Is there a way to initiate it? Do I just go to the area and start wailing on the fort/mobs? Can't seem to figure it out... thanks!
By Otomis 2011-08-04 13:56:43  
The call out where attacks are going down in main towns. also you can look at you map and see whether a fort is being defended or attacked. and just bounce around battle to battle. I used to do it a lot, maybe I should start doing it again to see how they changed things. It is great for those of us who might be just a little ADHD ;)
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-04 13:59:26  
Assuming you're enlisted and all that jazz~ You have to sign up for the fight at the campaign NPC to get tags for the fight to count. The fort has to be under attack of course.

This should halp.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-04 14:02:03  
Rule of thumb is if you're in the zone, don't touch anything until you have campaign tags and the music is playing, you can see which areas are under attack/being attacked through the /cmap command, areas with a sword on them indicate some sort of battle is taking place.

If the area is colored (under our control) and has a sword it is under attack by the beastmen and is a Defensive Battle. People usually go to those because there will always be some fighting and never waiting for hours just to wail on fortifications.

If it's gray with a sword, it means we're attacking a beastmen zone in an Offensive Battle, where you may be fighting some mobs, or may be just whacking on fortifications for a long time. If it's just fortifications there, it's usually a better use of time to go to a different zone.

If you're in a defensive zone and you haven't seen mobs for a while, it could mean people are fighting them off away from the npcs, so they gain more experience, so try to get there relatively early, or learn all the good hiding spots. For example, in Fort KN people (me) try to intercept some mobs as they start to enter the tunnels to the grand plaza where you get your tags in a defensive battle, pulling them to the side and slowly chip away at them for good experience so that INSERT-X-NPC-GOD-HERE doesn't end them within 5 minutes.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-04 14:07:46  
Example map:

Battalia downs, the eldieme necropolis, and Vunkerl Inlet are under sandy control, but under attack, however East Ronfaure and Jugner are not under attack.

Meriph mountains and Saurumuhgoo or w/e are under beastmen control, however they are also under attack by an offensive battle.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-08-04 14:26:41  
Thanks for all the feedback!

So attacking a region is random, for the most part? I only ask because I'd LIKE to try attacking Castle Oztroja. Windy areas are always under Windy control but I never see anything offensive going on in Castle Oztroja. Is there anything I can do to instigate an offensive on CO? Campaign Ops maybe?

Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-08-04 15:45:02  
Lol it hasn't. Was soloing some yag boss nms last week as 90mnk/45dnc.. It's cake now
By Xcloud 2011-08-11 21:02:25  
Alright, to save myself from making a completely different thread to ask this question i was curious if its possible for campaign mobs to be garrisoned at there appropriate strongholds (castle oztroja, la vaule etc) while the other areas arn't owned by there respected nation. Example: if windy owned 4 of the 6 fronts would mob's appear in the castle?
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-11 21:29:25  
Yeah, they would. Campaign doesn't effect mobs in a zone, other than campaign mobs themselves. As far as I know at least. >.>
By Xcloud 2011-08-11 21:50:16  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/21116/bahamut-server-roundel-earring-farm-hurray/2/

x-x yay for answering my own question \o.o\. so ya its a two step process and the mobs wont pop until the 6 fronts are owned meaning i get the pleasure of doing 2 weeks worth of campaign -_-