Tactical Processor Explained
 Kujata.Rhydia
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Rhydill
By Kujata.Rhydia 2011-08-05 13:27:00  
Camate on the official forums -

Quote:
Prepare to have your minds blown as we have…yes…information about what the Tactical Processor does!

This attachment is a bit different than the standard attachment that, for example, gives XX% increase in attack, defense, etc. The automaton periodically checks the information around the automaton and decides its next move (if HP took a hit, it will cure, if TP has been saved up, it will perform a WS, etc.).

When using the Tactical Processor the frequency of these checks is increased and allows the automaton to respond to variations in its environment quicker and more precisely.

However, every time it performs a check, the overload value increases, so as the frequency of checks increases it will increase the possibility of an overload.

Epic sauce? Anti-climatic? Let us know!

link
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-05 13:32:15  
time to start using my tac processor more? lol
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-05 13:44:30  
have always used it, and have known most of this for a long time..
 Leviathan.Suljin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Suljin175
By Leviathan.Suljin 2011-08-05 13:45:52  
"If HP took a hit, it will cure" It already does that, and to state it does so faster than normal breaks the casting timer . . . and the autos generally use tp relatively soon after breaching 100%, ive seen mine get up to maybe 130 or 140 only a handfull of times (with regain, TA, and then using an ability to delay the use) so that seems like hardly any gain.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-05 13:49:23  
i have found that it procs shield bash and block rate alot quicker with it equiped... and i always use it when i solo, along with eraser, it procs eraser, and makes the efficiency of use quite a bit better.... i have noticed that it will allow the auto to cure more often, but not use cure over -na's, however, with eraser equipped ... i hardly ever get a -na casted when i need a cure. as far as speed or dmg increase on attacks.. i havent noticed anything significant.
 Asura.Jadecc
サーバ: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-05 17:01:34  
Leviathan.Suljin said:
"If HP took a hit, it will cure" It already does that, and to state it does so faster than normal breaks the casting timer . . . and the autos generally use tp relatively soon after breaching 100%, ive seen mine get up to maybe 130 or 140 only a handfull of times (with regain, TA, and then using an ability to delay the use) so that seems like hardly any gain.
this. I'd rather have more room to not overload then half a second faster cure/-na/ws/etc wheras its already at a sufficient enough pace
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-08-05 17:14:13  
Kujata.Rhydia said:
Camate on the official forums -

Quote:

When using the Tactical Processor the frequency of these checks is increased and allows the automaton to respond to variations in its environment quicker and more precisely.

its not so much as a speed or an attack increase as it is a general AI increase.... it allows it to work kinda like optical fiber does in increasing an attachments potential