Puppetmaster Update - Some Additional Information

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Puppetmaster Update - Some additional information
Puppetmaster Update - Some additional information
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-24 13:22:33  
09-02-2011 03:09 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Based on player feedback, the recast time for Cooldown has been lowered from 10 minutes to 5 minutes. (3 minutes would be a bit too much...)

08-24-2011 01:01 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

As promised:

Konq said:
I am very happy that “Subtle Blow” has been added to Automaton’s job traits. I feel that you guys paid attention to our feedback. Does “Subtle Blow” being added as an attachment also mean that its efficiency will be lowered?
The efficiency of “Subtle Blow” will not be lowered just because it may be added as an attachment also! It will have the same efficiency as Wyvern and other pets.

unyotaka said:
I am genuinely happy about the addition of abilities, but I feel that a lot of puppetmaster’s learned abilities should be able to be used at lower levels. The only ability after Lv15’s Repair is a merit point ability.
I understand that puppetmaster does not have many job abilities, and I am thinking about adding abilities in the mid range.

For example, since it is difficult to remove status ailments from Automatons, I am considering an ability with a separate timer from that of Repair, that uses Automaton Oil to remove status ailments. (Higher quality Automaton Oil will remove more status ailments)

Automaton Oil: Removes 1 status ailment
Automaton Oil+1: Removes 2 status ailments
Automaton Oil+2: Removes 3 status ailments

Kylme said:
It is very convenient that Cooldown has the ability to relieve overload instantly.
You are pretty sharp!
Cooldown has 2 effects.

1. When this ability is used, the burden on the Automaton is halved.
2. If the Automaton is overloaded, the overload status will be removed.

There have been some comments saying that this ability should be available at a lower level, but due to the extent of its effects and considering the effects of Kenkonken, we decided that this ability should be learned at level 95.

Regarding puppetmaster not having many effects, please look at the previous response.

kushinada said:
Please don’t forget to adjust the attachments’ elemental energy also, and not just attribute points.
Yes, of course.
As we are adjusting their efficiency, their elemental energy will be reviewed as well.
An example of our ideas about adjusting attachments is changing the “Enhances Defense” of Armor Plate to “Reduce physical damage taken.”

Kanopuu said:
Mocchi said:
If the opponent casts spells, Silence will be cast automatically.
However, considering the following actions:
  • Cast Silence on Crab (unless you have a scanner)

• Silence is not cast on Ninja Yagudo and Bard Yagudo

it would be best if, “Silence is cast on opponents with MP. Silence is not cast on opponents without MP, even if they cast spells,” rather than, “Silence is cast on opponents that cast spells.”
It seems like my description was a bit vague. Your understanding is correct.
To reword what I said:

If you don’t have a scanner:
Determine whether the opponent has MP or not, cast Silence if the opponent has MP.

If you have a scanner:
Determine whether the opponent has MP or not.
Also, determine if the opponent casts spells and evaluate the accuracy of the opponent’s spells.
If there is a possibility of Silence having benefit, Silence is cast.

On a side note, when we’re reviewing all of the attachments, we will also review the effects of scanner.

Kanopuu said:
Mocchi said:
It seems like the Automaton continues to cast Silence on an opponent with complete resistance. There is a possibility that this is a bug, so we will check this on our end too.
There are probably many cases, but I will list 2 specific examples:
・Mx'ghrah in Abyssea-Misareaux
・Ob in Alzadaal Undersea Ruins

In both cases, the Automaton (with scanner and tranquilizer) casts Silence over and over again, but the spell is resisted every time.

Thank you for your report.
We have confirmed that Silence was in fact being cast on an opponent with resistance.

We are investigating the causes of this bug, but it seems to be a very deep rooted problem.
I am sorry about the inconvenience. Please give us some time to fix this problem.

Luk said:
I have another issue about scanner that I would like to be reviewed.
When battling Eruca in Abyssea-Attohwa with scanner equipped, the Automaton had a Spiritreaver head and Stormwalker frame, but did not use any spells during the battle. Please fix this problem.
When scanner is equipped, judgments are made based on the accuracy of spells, so if the Automaton’s skill levels are low or if the opponent’s resistance is high, no spells will be cast.

Upon confirmation, spells were cast against Blazing Eruca in Abyssea-Attohwa when skill levels were sufficiently high, so please work towards raising your skill levels. (In fact, when I had the scanner equipped while raising my magic skill level, no spells were cast, and I was a bit confused…how embarrassing…)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sanders
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2011-08-27 18:13:22  
Absolutely thrilled they straight out told us how Cooldown is going to work.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-08-27 18:50:50  
Carbuncle.Sanders said: »
Absolutely thrilled they straight out told us how Cooldown is going to work.

or so we hope it will................
 Phoenix.Vael
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-08-27 19:10:24  
I clicked on this thread b/c I saw Kuroganashi was the last poster.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-02 15:32:24  
A small update was released today for pup:

09-02-2011 03:09 PM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Based on player feedback, the recast time for Cooldown has been lowered from 10 minutes to 5 minutes. (3 minutes would be a bit too much...)
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-09-02 15:34:27  
Phoenix.Vael said: »
I clicked on this thread b/c I saw Kuroganashi was the last poster.

Then you remembered the rate down button was removed amirite?
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-09-02 15:36:21  
Also...

[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-02 15:36:40  
They can just delete Cooldown for all I care. This is such a useless ability.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-02 15:38:15  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
They can just delete Cooldown for all I care. This is such a useless ability.
I'm not a PUP but I would think that if you somehow accidentally overload your automaton, being able to just pop Cooldown might be handy.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
サーバ: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-09-02 15:42:35  
Hmm. Would 3 minutes be broken though, really?
The only reason I'd ever think to see this used is when you absolutely must have 3 maneuvers while DAD nuking, and with Abyssea, 1-2 maneuvers are easy to get up without overloading at all, because you have a crapton more stats than your auto.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-02 15:45:13  
It's pretty much for those times when you're constantly DDing on a single NM using a single type of maneuver over and over to increase results. IE: Mushroom wants to wait like 12341235167 minutes before he decides to use Barrage Turbine despite it being way past its recast time, so I have to sit on 3 wind maneuvers for that 3251613476 minutes @_@
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-02 15:45:21  
No one ever overloads. Cirque farsetto+buffoon's collar+Puppetry dastanas and the thing never overloads. On blm even if you only use ice maneuvers you don't overload cause you need to deactivate before you come even close to the treshold. On sharpshot or valoredge you use different elements, so overloads is also next to impossible. MAYBE if you're spamming light on Soulsoother cause you're dying you could eventually overload, but it's really a rare occurrance.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-02 15:48:09  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
No one ever overloads. Cirque farsetto+buffoon's collar+Puppetry dastanas and the thing never overloads. On blm even if you only use ice maneuvers you don't overload cause you need to deactivate before you come even close to the treshold. On sharpshot or valoredge you use different elements, so overloads is also next to impossible. MAYBE if you're spamming light on Soulsoother cause you're dying you could eventually overload, but it's really a rare occurrance.
Mushroom don't give a ***, he'll overload when he wants, his actions go beyond my control ._.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-09-02 15:49:23  
He'll steal your wallet too.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-09-02 15:56:14  
cool down is useless at 95 when you have mastered in your own right how to not get overloaded.... when you really need the help is mid levels where there are gear problems for pup to raise you over the autos' stats
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-15 05:15:33  
From official forum, good news! :o

Quote:
It might be a little early to mention this since the September version update hasn’t even taken place yet, but the development team has already begun preparing for level 99.

To get a glimpse of the direction we are headed with automaton adjustments, the below are the main concepts:

1. Revamp all attachment effects
2. Revamp automaton AI
3. Addition of job abilities that will cure automaton status ailments

We will be bringing you all the detailed info some time after the September version update on the forum and test server.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-15 05:21:04  
i r happy with this, means i'll be on pup more
 Odin.Deianeira
サーバ: Odin
user: deianeira
By Odin.Deianeira 2011-09-23 10:04:22  
Sira, now that I know you have pup I have something else to bother you about XD
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-23 10:17:59  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
Also...

Oh damn. I wish you hadn't signed that, I would have loved to pass that off as my own work, it's superb.