Fell Cleave Farming Question

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Fell Cleave Farming question
Fell Cleave Farming question
By Damet 2011-08-29 13:29:34  
I have a few questions about fell cleave farming as I just returned to FFXI.

1) What subjob should the warrior go as?

2) What other jobs are needed to support the warrior? And what for?

3) What atmas should the warrior be using ideally?

4) How does one open some many treasure chests so fast?

5) What lights do you usually cap first and what is the process (Phalanx > Sekki > Medi > Pull ?) you go through for exp farming and for KI farming.

Thanks all!
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-29 13:36:58  
1) I'm pretty sure /sam
2) can be done with only a rdm or whm support. Some people prefer to bring a dedicated puller.
3) Not quite sure. Probably normal DD atmas.
4) make a macro (/item "Forbidden key" <t>) and spam it.
5) cap azure/pearl only if you want TEs. cap azure/pearl/amber if you want KIs or augmented items. cap azure/pearl/ruby if you want exp/cruor. If you have a dedicated puller, they should be on a job that can easily pull without risk of death (possibly by using PDT gear and/or atmas). If not, get phalanx and whatever other defensive buffs you need to survive before pulling. After pulling, MS > sekka > FC > FC SHOULD kill everything. Retaliation is also very useful for getting tp if more FC are necessary.
By Damet 2011-08-29 14:00:07  
Thank you. Say Im farming KI or arugmented items. How do i go about capping azure pearl and amber first?
 Carbuncle.Brakiss
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Brakiss
By Carbuncle.Brakiss 2011-08-29 14:05:59  
Kill the mob with magic for Azure kills try to cap it (255), then move to killing the mob with normal melee kills for pearl, caps at 255 also. Killing the mob with an elemental weaponskill will give you amber light, or since you will be Cleaving for kills you will get red chests also and some will have amber lights in them, or you can have a thief pull for you and when you are working on pearl lights he can kill stuff with an elemental ws to work on amber lights
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-08-29 14:26:39  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
1) I'm pretty sure /sam
2) can be done with only a rdm or whm support. Some people prefer to bring a dedicated puller.
3) Not quite sure. Probably normal DD atmas.
4) make a macro (/item "Forbidden key" <t>) and spam it.
5) cap azure/pearl only if you want TEs. cap azure/pearl/amber if you want KIs or augmented items. cap azure/pearl/ruby if you want exp/cruor. If you have a dedicated puller, they should be on a job that can easily pull without risk of death (possibly by using PDT gear and/or atmas). If not, get phalanx and whatever other defensive buffs you need to survive before pulling. After pulling, MS > sekka > FC > FC SHOULD kill everything. Retaliation is also very useful for getting tp if more FC are necessary.

The bolded part is incorrect actually,

For gold chest/KI farming build 128 azure 255 pearl and 255 amber. If you cap out azure you'll see an equal if not more amount of blue chests. If you hit 128 it caps the tier and allows you to get time extensions, yet makes it so when the mobs fall over it's gold chest city for the most part.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-29 14:28:24  
Change Job: Brumage