サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-31 17:34:25  
08-31-2011 05:18 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I see that Vana’diel’s immortals are diligently testing out their new found powers Thanks for the all the feedback from your testing! Below are some comments regarding what we have received so far.

• Water Bomb
We have confirmed that there is a bug with the spell “Water Bomb” and we are working to fix it.

• Mortal Ray
Quote:
Mortal Ray doesn’t really land much against enemies the same level and above… I guess because it inflicts Doom so this is to be expected, but could you at least make it a bit more accurate?
The magical accuracy for Mortal Ray has been set low.

On top of the effect of Mortal Ray, the fact that you can defeat enemies while they are asleep with it and also considering that blue mages have a heavy arsenal of sleep methods when compared to other jobs, we wanted this spell to be used while being conscious about the magical accuracy when solo or in parties.

• Sudden Lunge
Quote:
I’m getting the idea that we can pretty much use Sudden Lunge as a slightly more damaging Head Butt since the MP cost is only 18. This can be equated to our move away from Bludgeon to Delta Thrust. Seems like a good spell to spam on regular monsters.
Just as you have stated, it’s pretty much the same as upgrading Bludgeon to Delta Thrust.

Since the MP cost was set rather low at 18 MP, we are hoping for you to use it similar to Head Butt for its added stun effect.

• Double Attack
Quote:
Changing the double attack from 10% and upgrading to 5% triple attack is silly.
Is the double attack effect now lowered to 5% due to a bug?
It pains me to tell you this, as I don’t want to be the destroyer of dreams or anything like that, but the double attack trait gained by combination of blue spells isn’t 10% like everyone thinks…it’s actually closer to 7%. (We didn’t change anything FYI)

• White Wind
Quote:
How can we learn this spell when regular Puks don’t use White Wind?
If you add monsters it won’t be a problem, but if you don’t , are we going to have to get 6 blue mages and do “Shadows of the Mind” or sit in Besiege and wait for Puks?
Have no fear!
We will be placing regular Puks in the field that use White Wind.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-08-31 17:47:18  
It's hard to hate that Camate guy even when he brings terrible news (the 7% DA rate).
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-08-31 17:53:12  
That then begs the question.. whats the triple attack rate? I am also curious what was wrong with water bomb. I have not had a chance to play on the test server, was there something obvious?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-31 19:13:14  
Only thing I could see them fixing about water bomb is A) the silence effect is longer than they had intended or B) the damage is lower than expected. The Double Attack news is a bit of a bombshell, and improves the attractiveness of setting TA over DA.

Edit: More importantly, he didn't mention a nerf for Sudden Lunge...
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-31 19:22:00  
I find it hard to believe that no one has parsed BLU DA before to confirm DA rate? How can we not have noticed it? Also, are any of our other job traits gimped?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-31 19:29:30  
Can't really see why there would have been a reason to assume that our traits possess less potency compared to the real ones. Something tells me that the fast cast nerf wasn't unintentional now. (I know it's 10% again)
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-31 19:32:28  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Only thing I could see them fixing about water bomb is A) the silence effect is longer than they had intended or B) the damage is lower than expected. The Double Attack news is a bit of a bombshell, and improves the attractiveness of setting TA over DA.

Edit: More importantly, he didn't mention a nerf for Sudden Lunge...

Yeah :|. I was expecting the comment on sudden lunge to be about the stun duration. If they actually allow it to stun for over 20 seconds, then I guess you can say goodbye to CS stun. It's still limited by the fact that it can miss entirely, but hey, you can cast it twice in the time it takes for the stun to wear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-08-31 19:33:07  
Can anyone confirm the DA trait from Blu? ...and maybe even base DA on war ? <this has me second guessing our previous rates on stuff>
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-31 19:42:24  
That's kinda lame, wonder what other traits are weaker than the normal ones.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-31 19:44:23  
If Camate says our Double Attack is only 7%, it must be true. :<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 20:19:56  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
I find it hard to believe that no one has parsed BLU DA before to confirm DA rate? How can we not have noticed it? Also, are any of our other job traits gimped?
Until now it was a reasonable assumption that we simply got the exact same trait as everybody else, so nobody bothered. This is the second time though... and apparently it's not a bug. Highly disappointing, and more than a little odd to me. I don't see the logic behind gimping our traits.

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said: »
Can anyone confirm the DA trait from Blu? ...and maybe even base DA on war ? <this has me second guessing our previous rates on stuff>
I intend to parse the base WAR trait overnight tonight.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-31 20:21:55  
Wasn't the fast cast trait for BLU also weakened?
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-08-31 20:22:56  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

it is currently 5% and planned to be adjusted to a basic 10%<fast cast 1> if we go by what the test server is showing us
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 20:23:54  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Yeah, but it seems to be ungimped for 95 from my testing.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-08-31 20:50:19  
still havnt explained wth we are going to learn thunderbolt since theres no normsal Behemoth mobs in regular zones or abyssea <,<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-31 20:57:25  
Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »
still havnt explained wth we are going to learn thunderbolt since theres no normsal Behemoth mobs in regular zones or abyssea <,<
Same way we learned Reaving Wind? There's a number of easily accessible Behemoths. They might add some though, who knows.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-31 20:58:04  
There are behemoth you can spawn with elite pages in behemoth dominion
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-31 20:58:13  
and its a HNM spell compared to a normal spell(white wind)
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-31 20:58:34  
If only there were a BCNM or popable nms that could use the spell.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-08-31 21:01:13  
yea but theres adamantiose type mobs we can spam for Hardden shell <assuming they use it never tried lol> in Abyssea-tharongi. and blu raped that FoV behemoth at 75 so doubt it whould last too long at 95 lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-31 21:01:52  
Really? >_> Learn how to learn better, it isn't that weak.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-31 21:02:06  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Same way we learned Reaving Wind? There's a number of easily accessible Behemoths. They might add some though, who knows.
I'm waiting for mini-Behemoths.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-31 22:25:17  
yea but theres adamantiose type mobs we can spam for Hardden shell <assuming they use it never tried lol> in Abyssea-tharongi. and blu raped that FoV behemoth at 75 so doubt it whould last too long at 95 lol
This is what low damage weapons and /whm dia spam are for.

I can keep a very low level mob alive long enough to learn off it. The ONLY thing anyone should have issues with killing too quick is mobs that require a break to use a special ws.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-08-31 22:27:11  
Only two or so of the RotZ dungeons (Gusgen and Kuftal so far I've noticed) have had new monsters placed in them, there still might be hope for even-easier-access behemoths when the update comes around.

(they're beggin' to be placed in Ifrit's Cauldron)
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 22:41:58  
they use harden shell :/ i was soloing them for amber light and it used Harden Shell and i died a bit inside....the real one i wanna know about...is if Naulls use Spike Flail...(for later updates)
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-08-31 23:01:48  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
This is what low damage weapons and /whm dia spam are for.

I can keep a very low level mob alive long enough to learn off it. The ONLY thing anyone should have issues with killing too quick is mobs that require a break to use a special ws.

yea usualy what i do when i farm spells. just realy had no reason to kill that nm other than some random *** augments <,< but ya know there will allways be that one blu that goes ape ***on mobs when trying to learn somethinglol
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-08-31 23:03:56  
Inuyasha said: »
they use harden shell :/ i was soloing them for amber light and it used Harden Shell and i died a bit inside....the real one i wanna know about...is if Naulls use Spike Flail...(for later updates)

idk my ls usualy farmed amber on em when we was working on my verethragna and anouther members Twashwar. havnt seen spikeflail once but they do use Absolute Terror so im guessing we might get that instead of flail
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-31 23:06:49  
Definitely do not use flail. I always tank them from behind and they will only use hurricane wing (which may be a cool spell to learn).
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 23:10:20  
Inuyasha said: »
idk my ls usualy farmed amber on em when we was working on my verethragna and anouther members Twashwar. havnt seen spikeflail once but they do use Absolute Terror so im guessing we might get that instead of flail
someone posted about backtanking the Naulls waiting for cuelebre to repop...and no Spike Flail....predictable SE trollin' is predictable :/ also: we get to play with new stuff on test server

<SquareEnix>>> Hey gais, we herd yu lyke teh neu stuffz....guess what....EMERGENCY MAINTENAINCE!!! *maint.*

<SquareEnix>>> hey gais, we "fixed" all the stuffz yu lyked.....has fun okbai *leaves you standing there in your BLUcleave with 20 mobs and Thunderbolt does 2 damage on average*
By Inuyasha 2011-08-31 23:11:57  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Definitely do not use flail. I always tank them from behind and they will only use hurricane wing (which may be a cool spell to learn).

dream killer :/