Monk Job Adjustments - Well...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Monk Job Adjustments - Well...
Monk Job Adjustments - Well...
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-01 16:50:16  
09-01-2011 04:38 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I know many of you are somewhat disappointed that there aren’t any adjustments or new abilities being added for monk in the upcoming version update. We apologize for this, but compared to other jobs, monk and warrior are already leading in certain areas and we would like to close this gap a bit by monitoring the situation.

Quote:
Persistent pugilists whose fists speak louder than words, partially because they also render enemy attacks completely impotent.

We'd like to see monks further mature into an even more supportive attacking role within the party. There's still room to build upon their renowned self-defense tactics such as Chakra and Counter, and they can also benefit from some extra training in skills like Subtle Blow and Chi Blast that leave foes too weak to fend off attacks from other party members.
We get the feeling that those of you who play monk are really into it and attracted to it because you’re able to kick some butt by punching monsters in the face. Due to this, we don’t have any plans of changing this aspect.

Additionally, we aren’t looking to add abilities and adjustments to stop enemies from using special abilities, instead we are focusing more on making it possible to actually see and feel how many times an enemy is being inhibited from using special abilities by lowering TP, making it difficult to store TP, and creating times where enemies cannot gain TP.

Though we said that monk is leading in some aspects, this doesn’t mean that we’re ignoring it. We will be looking at your feedback and discussions and utilizing the test server for future adjustments.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-01 16:51:05  
Hell yeah. I don't really even mind we aren't getting anything this update, but the fact he even responded is worth something.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-01 16:55:14  
At least now we know the mnk update didn't get left under someone's bed or something
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-09-01 17:04:54  
boo
 Leviathan.Assane
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Assane
By Leviathan.Assane 2011-09-01 17:07:36  
Yay!
 Ragnarok.Corres
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-09-01 17:07:51  
well at least they kind of answered for that issue. not really surprising though.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-09-01 17:10:25  
wtf? WAR is not as cool as us...
By AsuraVanzan 2011-09-01 17:16:24  
Scaling other DD jobs to come along side MNK & WAR is a great idea. I wouldn't mind losing a little ground on the damage gap between jobs. But personally something I would like to see is increasing Counter outside Abyssea and give Gaurd a complete overhaul. Pre 75, one of the mobs classes I hated to solo were the Monks. It seemed to me that the counter and Gaurd rate of the mobs was always more than mine. Keeping shadows up was a pain and if you ever got a couple Monk links things could get ugly quick. Don't turn Monk into more of a support job. That would be a slap in the face to all monks I think. Tapians need a boost to base damage to come closer to Vere. Oh, unless you make Chi-blast worth a damn, it should be left exactly where it is which is in the past. Yeah it was fun back in the day but it's time has come and gone. Just my 2 cents :) I'm headed out to punch some things!! Peace out
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-01 17:17:33  
Just give my Verethragna ODD on both fists.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-01 17:19:08  
If they had only done this in the SAM days.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-01 17:19:29  
AsuraVanzan said: »
Tapians need a boost to base damage to come closer to Vere.

Just make a Vere..............
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-09-01 17:20:47  
Fenrir.Gradd said: »

or Revenant....

(I'm super lazy too, no excuse for Tapians)
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-01 17:20:55  

No.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-01 17:21:28  
If I can make Verethragna, anyone can.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-01 17:23:16  
I'm sorry I didn't know Empyreans were hard to make, if you play a job alot there is no excuse not to have an Empyrean for it.

I believe Tiger said he actually finished his Vere faster than he did his Rev Fists back when he did it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-01 17:24:39  
I'm sorry I didn't know Empyreans were hard to make, if you play a job alot there is no excuse not to have an Empyrean for it.

I believe Tiger said he actually finished his Vere faster than he did his Rev Fists back when he did it.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-09-01 17:27:11  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I'm sorry I didn't know Empyreans were hard to make, if you play a job alot there is no excuse not to have an Empyrean for it. I believe Tiger said he actually finished his Vere faster than he did his Rev Fists back when he did it.

I agree wholeheartedly
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-01 17:28:32  

K, so you admit your lazy and like doing the bare minimum for jobs you dedicate yourself too.

Gotcha.

I understand if its a job you rarely play, but if its something you are dedicated too there is no excuse for not pursuing an Empyrean.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-09-01 17:28:57  

they pretty much did it for all of the 80-90 gap era, where the only things we got were hamonoha and sengikori, of which the latter is honestly laughable when used in practice

pair that with polearm becoming inferior in every way during the while, on top of no worthwhile critical hit weapon skill, and WELL, pretty safe to say being out-damaged by a whm/nin spamming hexa is pretty ridiculous
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-01 17:29:32  
idk
some people don't have dual box accounts
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-01 17:30:28  
Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
idk

Its a social game..... make friends? idk
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-01 17:31:02  

K, so you admit your lazy and like doing the bare minimum for jobs you dedicate yourself too.

Gotcha.

I understand if its a job you rarely play, but if its something you are dedicated too there is no excuse for not pursuing an Empyrean.

No. I'm just flipping the bird to you and your general attitude with this game.

Not being 1 doesn't mean you're 100% 2.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-01 17:33:05  
I have an empy for my favourite job cause I've wanted to do something "special" for it. But the way people laugh at those that don't make one is just silly. Making an empyrean is not hard but takes a lot of time. And friends=/=slaves, so yeah I never used them for hours for days.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-01 17:34:15  
Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
idk

Its a social game..... make friends? idk
I really don't want to come off too strongly as a troll, so I'm going to be nice:
Final Fantasy XI pretty much became a solo-play MMORPG (see the oxymoron?), people won't team up if they don't need to (dual box MNK and WHM can take down everything, really) unless they join people who also own dual box accounts.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-09-01 17:36:31  
as long as your friends and/or your dual-boxing capabilities aren't derp, having at least one empyrean is hardly out of the question

about two weeks ago now, we got one of our casual mccasual bros his 80/85 verethragna within the span of like a week and a half of doing canyon/chasm for like 3~4 hours per go; not too along ago too, we four-manned an 80/85 masamune in three days without breaking a sweat

granted, not errbudy has an ochain edge cleaver and other competent people to tag along, but see to the first sentence if need be, etc
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-01 17:36:46  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I have an empy for my favourite job cause I've wanted to do something "special" for it. But the way people laugh at those that don't make one is just silly. Making an empyrean is not hard but takes a lot of time. And friends=/=slaves, so yeah I never used them for hours for days.

The hardest part about Empyreans is camping the Trial NMs, you can finish any Empyrean to atleast 85 in a week Tops.

Considering it used to take poeple 6 months to a year to make a Relic, spending 1-2 weeks making an Empyrean is not a long time at all.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-01 17:39:21  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said: »
as long as your friends and/or your dual-boxing capabilities aren't derp, having at least one empyrean is hardly out of the question

about two weeks ago now, we got one of our casual mccasual bros his 80/85 verethragna within the span of like a week and a half of doing canyon/chasm for like 3~4 hours per go
I'm pretty casual as well, and we only had 3 people holding key items for me, had a 4th come maybe twice to hold an extra, one of which ended in lost buds anyways. And I still completed stage one in about the same amount of time.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2011-09-01 17:39:37  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
The hardest part about Empyreans is camping the Trial NMs, you can finish any Empyrean to atleast 85 in a week Tops. Considering it used to take poeple 6 months to a year to make a Relic, spending 1-2 weeks making an Empyrean is not a long time at all.

I guess I'm just not as awesome as you. there's no way i could get 50 two-leaf choloris buds in a week and a half.

I'm going to kill myself now, thanks a lot
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-01 17:39:41  
If you are trying to imply that sam recieved a lot of attention back then and it should not have, please remember that GK sam was a weak job and still continued to be til tachi: fudo was released for sams without Kaiten. Not to mention that any update that sam recieved all the other jobs recieved aswell it wasnt til now that its actually recieving its own JAs.

GK sam was only useful for HNMs or really unbuffed situations and it was more along of having gekko/hagun that it was desired to have.

Plm-sam was a different story but imo outside of piercing or really good buffs situations it was still on par with a good drk or war, either way still way ahead of GK-sam for sure.
First Page 2 3