日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Classes » Archer » Carraway's Guide to the New Archer
Carraway's Guide to the New Archer

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By MalPal 2011-09-05 05:46:02  
174 Vit ? This is stupid! (aside from solo farming) Stick to Decoy and Featherfoot as guide mentions, Swordsmanship helps too because you get extra sentinel(credit for this belongs to Tsubaki Yayoi). I use Brigand's low defense body and did a speed run with almost no damage taken, i think my vit was 105. My 5 chest run is on the horizon, and i know you have those brag rights over me, and not knocking guide its good, but could use some revising.
My notes
Crab Bow +3 > Verdant Bow by good stretch, don't let the Verdants fool you! :p Crafted Weapons > RARE EX Forever! j/k
Mitts > Venerer
Add more dex if you cant hit it, since you don't need 174 vit you have plenty of points! And arn't we forgetting still precision 2!
Leather skirt is cute idea but shoot for the Tarred jeans hq! (i use nq but just cause im lazy to get the hq i have +3 bow what counts ^^)
looks like your making up for your low defense, lets see
if you want to look cool with when your friends die use chainspell and raise you don't even need fastcast :)See archers are useful too!
I agree with Blood Letter and Leg Sweep but Quick Knock sucks!
Conjurymanship hmmm maybe trade that for Driven by Faith 2 there more defense. Banish 2 is great spell, IF YOU CAN AOE!
Onry spell archer needs as member of a team are cure 2 ,3 and raise with chainspell . You have mages for a reason.
If you start battle with light shot like 2 3 times in a row not even stack just use stuff like invigorate while you wait like 2 seconds you dont even need Out of Sight (on pretty much any battle)! however there are times chameleon would come in useful but even so rare!more space for traits, yay!
So add complete control 2 will of power 2 and driven by faith 2 it not like you need and mage stats your not mageing. fleet of foot is fun swordmanship because you can! Bowmanship is obvious, prime conditioning for noob, j/k if you wanna be pro top off with will of power 1 and complete control 1! This set up you can solo a skele in any phase of batraal fight, not that you would want to o just sayin because sentinel is awesome, but i do have rampart also in case, im still not sure if it works don't need it much.
Interesting your guide mention punishing barbs, i forgot about this ability. Pretty much, super charged triple shot or the right WS (trade secrets) :p when you are the player with full hate of an enemy not boss who is charging attack like flyin blades aoe, cancels out enemys attack so you don't need it because you arn't getting hit. Thats just wht came to my mind but yeah soo. Maybe that's why you wanted so much VIT?
My set up is Veteran Onry, so new archers stick to original post. :p
Thanks <3 MM

P.S.
Im known for being horrible typer plus its late hope you can read it <3 night night :)
By Calemero 2011-09-05 06:13:06  
*Note* This is 1.18 feedback which isn't going to make any difference when 1.19 hits.

Just a few corrections for MalPal on her comments:

a) VIT is a personal choice (as was stated in the guide) for certain situations, mainly Knight pulling at Batraal. HP is not infinite and there will be those times where VIT will make more of a difference for versatility sake. The only time we ever run 200+ STR ARC's is when we do Light Shot BRs.

b) CB+3 was only marginally better when doing Light Shot BRs. If you're doing regular BR's or just burning bosses down VS is a wash with CB+3.

c) Mitts > Venerer? Nope. Unless you're sitting at the R.Acc cap (which there isn't a definable one atm) then Acc gear will always > STR gear.

d) Tarred Leather Trousers / Leather Skirt are a wash and is only personal preference and situational depending on the M.dmg taken.

e) I'm not sure the kind of rotation you have but no Out of Sight is 100% suicide for any ARC we've ever brought to DH. You need to be teetering on Yellow/Red enmity the ENTIRE fight - if you aren't you aren't doing as good as you could be. Chameleon/Soughspeak/Quelling Strike/Out of Sight are some of the most important core abilities for an ARC that actually wants to be good and parse well vs others.

f) Bowmanship does nothing for an ARC I really hope you haven't had that equipped since you'e been R50.

g) AoE skeletons on Batraal > soloing. Always.

Your setup/rotation is most definitely not "veteran" and could use a lot of work. But hey, that's what this guide is for right?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By MalPal 2011-09-05 08:40:16  
Says the guy who sold his crab Bow +3! Your fighting with your bow of course you don't need affinity to it what was i thinking, i wonder why hitting stuff is a concern for you too! Don't get all defensive, i am not attacking BG's rep. I max DPS ogre and i do have red hate but i make it without taking him off the tank (I NEVER take him off tank, or back down !) that's all that matters and im not the onry archer in party with crab bow +3 that does not use out of site K, i said its a veteran guide! So add a diaper to your equip list, definitely not suicide maybe for you, maybe the other crab bow+3's in party balance it out maybe bowmanship boost my cham, i speak with experiance but im not a math nerd! Max acc? Maybe it cause im a cat or something but im good with shots 99/100 hit rate, needless to say I don't miss and if i do its hella rare. I probably have a good bit of dex or something 105 ish before traits gear ect. since i dont really don't need a s* load of vit, or traits that make up for skill, or neglect skills like Still Precision as i said. Besides its not like str is the onry thing the mitts add i guess you forgot the mind (onry mage stat usefull if you onry use cure) you probably need and defense you obviously need. DPS is 0 if you die. But lets face it your invincible and that never happens to BG members , the legendary ffxi ls that has all its members migrated on Palamecia server not Rabanastre or am i wrong i didnt play 11, im just a noob. I hear twentytwo is twentytwo obviously twentytwo. Omg what have we, It was excellent plan to get a lot of smart people like Devil and Bram since all your 11 friends (assuming your an original). Running, a ls doesn't seem to be something i have time to really focus on but its k because i am confident. As a late bloomer getting in rnk 45 raid scene it took a few tries like any team but we got batraal down easy breezy without any deaths or near deaths and no we don't no life it or advertise it to promote rare ex sales. I probably done raid 1/10 you and i do it well, without ventrillo. Everyone knew you(BG) meant, ok as obvious as twenty two new archer guide states you add vit because you "knight" batraal and bogy hurts because you cant walk side to side or use sentinel, decoy etc., lmao, really!? I don't /dance around him or fight 3rd set or need extra vit, but maybe i "play" Archer? (I don't need to be a fancy smuck) Im /sorry you cant comprehend. For clarification- I don't solo skele, i did first batraal fight ever maybe ya, you know figuring stuff out still but i was using the example to demonstrating that my archer can hold its own hence the part that says "not that you would want to." So really before you go off trying to bellittle my remarcks by getting different members of your team to bite at me lets see what people outside your shell say, we already know what you said ! That First post BG put out said you take crit so take it and don't freak out your not perfect! <3 MM ^^Y
By Scap 2011-09-05 09:11:19  
Wall of text hurts my eyes @.@
[+]
By MalPal 2011-09-05 09:23:46  
Carraway Author said: »
I might need to add some more detail in a few parts to curtail the possibility of misinterpretation by the reader.

Quick Nock should only be used in situations in which you can be assured that all five arrows will hit one target, in which case, it's a better TP dump than Barrage. I had already added Still Precision and Murderous Intent to my version of the guide but neglected to edit it into the online versions, which I'll fix now. And yeah, Twisting Vice is useful against Batraal's skeletons, but with a Wide Volley II / Leg Sweep / Heavy Trammel rotation plus maintaining Multishot/Trifurcate rotation, I find that I have little to no time for any other weaponskills except while dragging my skeleton on top of the others.

Other than that, see Calamero's responses. What I find most egregious about your post, Mal, is the bit about not needing Out of Sight. Generating 10% less enmity per action theoretically allows you to do 10% more damage without ripping hate and dying or, even worse, wiping the entire party.

Not to mention blood letter but if you dps (damage per second) aka constant damage, i'm sure you always have time to save up 2000 sp especially with invigorate! I can dps so fast every buff and attack is on timer so no time to wait for quick knock witch is weak and not worth making up for by wasting buff that comparatively improve it a whole lot less than light shot ugh!

And of course a SAT wonder would find a constructive post egregious, your simply not used to it!
By AshTS 2011-09-05 12:33:00  
Quote:
Says the guy who sold his crab Bow +3! Your fighting with your bow of course you don't need affinity to it what was i thinking, i wonder why hitting stuff is a concern for you too! Don't get all defensive, i am not attacking BG's rep. I max DPS ogre and i do have red hate but i make it without taking him off the tank (I NEVER take him off tank, or back down !) that's all that matters and im not the onry archer in party with crab bow +3 that does not use out of site K, i said its a veteran guide! So add a diaper to your equip list, definitely not suicide maybe for you, maybe the other crab bow+3's in party balance it out maybe bowmanship boost my cham, i speak with experiance but im not a math nerd! Max acc? Maybe it cause im a cat or something but im good with shots 99/100 hit rate, needless to say I don't miss and if i do its hella rare. I probably have a good bit of dex or something 105 ish before traits gear ect. since i dont really don't need a s* load of vit, or traits that make up for skill, or neglect skills like Still Precision as i said. Besides its not like str is the onry thing the mitts add i guess you forgot the mind (onry mage stat usefull if you onry use cure) you probably need and defense you obviously need. DPS is 0 if you die. But lets face it your invincible and that never happens to BG members , the legendary ffxi ls that has all its members migrated on Palamecia server not Rabanastre or am i wrong i didnt play 11, im just a noob. I hear twentytwo is twentytwo obviously twentytwo. Omg what have we, It was excellent plan to get a lot of smart people like Devil and Bram since all your 11 friends (assuming your an original). Running, a ls doesn't seem to be something i have time to really focus on but its k because i am confident. As a late bloomer getting in rnk 45 raid scene it took a few tries like any team but we got batraal down easy breezy without any deaths or near deaths and no we don't no life it or advertise it to promote rare ex sales. I probably done raid 1/10 you and i do it well, without ventrillo. Everyone knew you(BG) meant, ok as obvious as twenty two new archer guide states you add vit because you "knight" batraal and bogy hurts because you cant walk side to side or use sentinel, decoy etc., lmao, really!? I don't /dance around him or fight 3rd set or need extra vit, but maybe i "play" Archer? (I don't need to be a fancy smuck) Im /sorry you cant comprehend. For clarification- I don't solo skele, i did first batraal fight ever maybe ya, you know figuring stuff out still but i was using the example to demonstrating that my archer can hold its own hence the part that says "not that you would want to." So really before you go off trying to bellittle my remarcks by getting different members of your team to bite at me lets see what people outside your shell say, we already know what you said ! That First post BG put out said you take crit so take it and don't freak out your not perfect! <3 MM ^^Y

Real talk
[+]
By Calemero 2011-09-05 12:47:32  
Quote:
Says the guy who sold his crab Bow +3!

CB3 is going to be a +1 in 1.20 which is only better than a VS in Light Shot BR situations. BR's are gone in 20 days so why would I keep it?

Quote:
Don't get all defensive, i am not attacking BG's rep.

What does giving your feedback feedback have to do with reputation at all? I never brought my linkshell into the discussion - only the Archers who are a part of it. If anything you're being defensive about being corrected with constructive criticism.

Quote:
I max DPS ogre and i do have red hate but i make it without taking him off the tank (I NEVER take him off tank, or back down !) that's all that matters and im not the onry archer in party with crab bow +3 that does not use out of site K, i said its a veteran guide!

You're entitled to your opinion just like anyone else but I can assure you that no one believes this or thinks it's smart if proven to be true. I'm not going to say SS or it didn't happen because honestly I just don't care all that much and know what should/shouldn't be done as an ARC.

Quote:
maybe bowmanship boost my cham

This attests to the entire validity of any response you have made or will ever make in the future. Bowmanship has never done anything to enhance Archer skills while on archer and is a complete waist of a trait slot.

Quote:
good with shots 99/100 hit rate, needless to say I don't miss and if i do its hella rare.

Also not true. We've parsed Ogre with 210Acc/DEX setup time and time again and with either bow its more around the range of 85~90% acc. You are no different.

Quote:
Besides its not like str is the onry thing the mitts add i guess you forgot the mind

...MND (from gear) on ARC > pure Acc? (what?)

Quote:
But lets face it your invincible and that never happens to BG members , the legendary ffxi ls that has all its members migrated on Palamecia server not Rabanastre or am i wrong i didnt play 11, im just a noob. I hear twentytwo is twentytwo obviously twentytwo. Omg what have we, It was excellent plan to get a lot of smart people like Devil and Bram since all your 11 friends (assuming your an original). Running, a ls doesn't seem to be something i have time to really focus on but its k because i am confident. As a late bloomer getting in rnk 45 raid scene it took a few tries like any team but we got batraal down easy breezy without any deaths or near deaths and no we don't no life it or advertise it to promote rare ex sales. I probably done raid 1/10 you and i do it well, without ventrillo. Everyone knew you(BG) meant, ok as obvious as twenty two new archer guide states you add vit because you "knight" batraal and bogy hurts because you cant walk side to side or use sentinel, decoy etc., lmao, really!? I don't /dance around him or fight 3rd set or need extra vit, but maybe i "play" Archer? (I don't need to be a fancy smuck) Im /sorry you cant comprehend.

wat?

Quote:
So really before you go off trying to bellittle my remarcks by getting different members of your team to bite at me lets see what people outside your shell say, we already know what you said ! That First post BG put out said you take crit so take it and don't freak out your not perfect!

Again the point of the original post (which was well received and discussed by the community on the official forums) is meant to be a round table discussion on what is in the guide. We want to hear what others are doing that may improve what we have we have discussed. Constructive criticism (for everyone) goes along way when you take it with an open mind instead of getting defensive.

┐('~`;)┌
[+]
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-09-05 12:55:26  
Quote:
Says the guy who sold his crab Bow +3! Your fighting with your bow of course you don't need affinity to it what was i thinking, i wonder why hitting stuff is a concern for you too! Don't get all defensive, i am not attacking BG's rep. I max DPS ogre and i do have red hate but i make it without taking him off the tank (I NEVER take him off tank, or back down !) that's all that matters and im not the onry archer in party with crab bow +3 that does not use out of site K, i said its a veteran guide! So add a diaper to your equip list, definitely not suicide maybe for you, maybe the other crab bow+3's in party balance it out maybe bowmanship boost my cham, i speak with experiance but im not a math nerd!

Max acc? Maybe it cause im a cat or something but im good with shots 99/100 hit rate, needless to say I don't miss and if i do its hella rare. I probably have a good bit of dex or something 105 ish before traits gear ect. since i dont really don't need a s* load of vit, or traits that make up for skill, or neglect skills like Still Precision as i said. Besides its not like str is the onry thing the mitts add i guess you forgot the mind (onry mage stat usefull if you onry use cure) you probably need and defense you obviously need. DPS is 0 if you die. But lets face it your invincible and that never happens to BG members , the legendary ffxi ls that has all its members migrated on Palamecia server not Rabanastre or am i wrong i didnt play 11, im just a noob.

I hear twentytwo is twentytwo obviously twentytwo. Omg what have we, It was excellent plan to get a lot of smart people like Devil and Bram since all your 11 friends (assuming your an original). Running, a ls doesn't seem to be something i have time to really focus on but its k because i am confident. As a late bloomer getting in rnk 45 raid scene it took a few tries like any team but we got batraal down easy breezy without any deaths or near deaths and no we don't no life it or advertise it to promote rare ex sales. I probably done raid 1/10 you and i do it well, without ventrillo. Everyone knew you(BG) meant, ok as obvious as twenty two new archer guide states you add vit because you "knight" batraal and bogy hurts because you cant walk side to side or use sentinel, decoy etc., lmao, really!? I don't /dance around him or fight 3rd set or need extra vit, but maybe i "play" Archer? (I don't need to be a fancy smuck) Im /sorry you cant comprehend.

For clarification- I don't solo skele, i did first batraal fight ever maybe ya, you know figuring stuff out still but i was using the example to demonstrating that my archer can hold its own hence the part that says "not that you would want to." So really before you go off trying to bellittle my remarcks by getting different members of your team to bite at me lets see what people outside your shell say, we already know what you said ! That First post BG put out said you take crit so take it and don't freak out your not perfect! <3 MM ^^Y

The Enter key is a wonderful tool for breaking up your thoughts and making your posts easier to read just a heads up.

Also Bowmanship rises your affinity with with archery talents, cap for affinity is 100, and when you are an archer your base affinity for it is 100 so you are already caped before equiping it and it does nothing for you.
[+]
By Biggie 2011-09-05 13:06:34  
MalPal said: »

Wow, just wow. Stick to the guide guys, pay this guy no attention. The guide is great.

Mitts > Bracers... lol What are you smoking? MND on ARC lol...

Bowmanship on ARC.... Really? lol
[+]
By Damiyen 2011-09-05 13:17:44  
I hear twentytwo is twentytwo obviously twentytwo. Omg what have we, It was excellent plan to get a lot of smart people like Devil and Bram since all your 11 friends (assuming your an original). Running, a ls doesn't seem to be something i have time to really focus on but its k because i am confident. As a late bloomer getting in rnk 45 raid scene it took a few tries like any team but we got batraal down easy breezy without any deaths or near deaths and no we don't no life it or advertise it to promote rare ex sales. I probably done raid 1/10 you and i do it well, without ventrillo. Everyone knew you(BG) meant, ok as obvious as twenty two new archer guide states you add vit because you "knight" batraal and bogy hurts because you cant walk side to side or use sentinel, decoy etc., lmao, really!? I don't /dance around him or fight 3rd set or need extra vit, but maybe i "play" Archer? (I don't need to be a fancy smuck) Im /sorry you cant comprehend.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ramii
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Shalua
By Phoenix.Ramii 2011-09-05 14:53:18  
Quote:
But lets face it your invincible and that never happens to BG members , the legendary ffxi ls that has all its members migrated on Palamecia server not Rabanastre or am i wrong i didnt play 11, im just a noob. I hear twentytwo is twentytwo obviously twentytwo. Omg what have we, It was excellent plan to get a lot of smart people like Devil and Bram since all your 11 friends (assuming your an original).

I think I can answer this one: No, "Order of the Blue Gartr" of FFXI is not "bluegarter" of FFXIV.Rabanastre. I can't speak for 22 but from his actions on xiv it's clear he's never played xi and/or never got far in it. How's currahee going btw? If you mean bram deimos I seriously doubt he was friends with them before the game else he would have been in currahee instead of goh.

Now for the "guide" it's subjective and should be viewed as such. My advice to everyone is to not ignore any possibility and to experiment and figure out what's best on your own and see what works for you. You have minds you need to start using them instead of following blindly what you're told. No matter how self important the person thinks they are you'd still need to find the setup that works for you.
By shinmetsu 2011-09-05 15:31:02  
Wow. Some serious hating going on here.

What's with all the hate people?

The guide is good, anyone who says otherwise is a hater.

If you have other opinions, cool. :)
Trying to force your opinion on other people, not cool. :(
Should just like make your own guide or so then imo, with the way you see things.

I'm sure there are a lot of new Archers (Especially since 1.18) that can learn a lot from reading this guide.
You should appreciate that someone made the effort to do one, to unnoob some people. :)
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-05 15:57:48  
Chill
By Calemero 2011-09-05 16:03:23  
way to 1 side moderate things, now I have to type again. /SIGH

Quote:
I think I can answer this one: No, "Order of the Blue Gartr" of FFXI is not "bluegarter" of FFXIV.Rabanastre. I can't speak for 22 but from his actions on xiv it's clear he's never played xi and/or never got far in it. How's currahee going btw? If you mean bram deimos I seriously doubt he was friends with them before the game else he would have been in currahee instead of goh.

Order of The Blue Garter FFXIV was founded by a majority of the original founding members from BG in XI/WoW.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Chozander 2011-09-05 16:45:37  
Crab Bow +3 > Verdant Bow by good stretch, don't let the Verdants fool you! :p Crafted Weapons > RARE EX Forever! j/k
Mitts > Venerer

Only going to comment on this because the rest gave me a headache.

Crab Bow+3 should be far superior to the Verdant, but because of the current damage algorithms you will only notice a small % in damage difference in a Crab+2, +3, or a Verdant. My guess is that the current weapon damage vs mob level vs mob defense and the effect STR has when the final calculation is total is currently not working the way SE has intended (since they are fixing it this month I think that it obvious).
[+]
By Ratatosk 2011-09-05 17:26:18  
eh i just use
verdant shortbow
helm of the lone knight
alpine war jacket
mitts of the lone knight
tarred voyagers belt+2
tarred leather trousers+2
bladedances jackboots
mythril choker+1
electrum ring+1 x2

i use bowmanship but thats because idh any other trait to put there, i have prime conditions fleet of foot pikesmanship and out of site equipped though
only acc gear i use is the rings and the boots and i hit fine
str 112
vit 160
dex 120
i dont even have quicknock equipped lol
By MalPal 2011-09-05 17:31:09  
Holy snap! I think i had a lil caffeine in me :p Well, since bowmanship thing proves to be true then, Yay! I have more point to spend somewhere else! How do you know your affinity is 100/100 at 50, does it onry help you if your using archer ability with a job other than archer ? Game developers should make this a lil more clear i think! Or let you know something is cap.? Plus i said guide was good in first post, not hating. Ill see if i can get even better, thanks guys :p You mention Like 3 abilities i wanna try and i think you confirm "twisting vice" is excellent ability for dodge keeping skeleton aoe down witch means less /cure more /banish and such (for the mages)! These are fight skills i think good archers should practice. And i didn't say mind is better than raw acc (i keep my mind is at lowest point allotment), stop putting words in my mouth, i was alluding, to all the stats add up, and all of it gets used unless you never cure, but diversification is key to any investment, ANd i think the game rewards that by eating less points up! Good stuff guys C Ya!

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By TheFatHousecat 2011-09-05 18:32:20  
Ratatosk said: »
eh i just use
i use bowmanship but thats because idh any other trait to put there, i have prime conditions fleet of foot pikesmanship and out of site equipped though

Swordsmanship, or any other affinity traits are great, conversion traits like Will to Power, even something like Fastcast would be something. Marks are so easy to get, there's no reason why you shouldn't be wishing you had more room for even more traits, hahah.
By MalPal 2011-09-06 00:16:25  
I would like to see what bg has to put out for Glad as it seems to benefit from all jobs best while having all other jobs circle around it, especially since i will hit 50 soon!