フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » QQ the Righteous rides a lone pale Drama Llama
QQ the Righteous rides a lone pale Drama Llama
First Page 2
 Siren.Narayan
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-04-29 13:49:13  
I'm posting in Siren section cause I'm from Siren ^_^ but I wanna see the rest of the community’s take on this.... and perhaps see this one day moved to Flame Core lol

So… hypothetically speaking >_> Say you have a good friend that you met online and speak to every day. You’ve met this person IRL and have an honest friendship with them in-game and out. Now said friend has been on and off the game you guys met thru and has taken breaks here and there. In an effort to still keep playing and progressing they give you their account info. You share yours with them. Life is grand.

At some point your friend “comes back” to the game and plays more often so you don’t bother logging on as them anymore. During this time they share their account info with another online friend of theirs. You don’t really care; it’s not your account. If they trust this other person as much as they trusted you than it should be fine, right?

Again your friend takes a break and keeps their account alive by having shared but now its shared in such a way that their other friend is paying for the account. In the course of “the break” the caretaker has accumulated in-game wealth off the shared characters crafting skill(s) and even purchased expensive end-game attire with shared characters original fortune.

Obviously a break is just that and now your friend wants back. They need their heroin fix (hey read a pun in that). Perhaps some bickering occurs; perhaps some communication is lost between your friend and their character’s caretaker, but at some point your friends account is deactivated for a period of a month or two. Out the kindness of your heart, and bond of friendship you have, you react your friends account and tell them to update their account info.

Now you and your friend are back online occasionally and they are readjusting from their prolonged break. But oh no! The former caretaker who had deactivated, let the account deactivate and/or agreed to deactivate the account can no longer log in! While your friend and the former caretaker work out why this has occurred and “where the *** is all my characters gear?!” a drama unfolds.

Cry does the former caretakers righteous friend. They QQ so much as to post on at least 3 different online forums that—you—are an untrustworthy person. A thief! Perhaps even a hacker! Thankfully other online friends catch one of these forum posts and send you word. In defense you respond; as well as, try to be polite and show you understand where this might be coming from.

The peanut gallery points out something the righteous QQ’r stated. That the expensive in-game attire (which was purchased with your friend’s funds) should be returned to the former caretaker! In a civil effort you reply and state that your friend is already in process of working out the details and this is between them; not a public forum, and certainly not the misguided stones being tossed at you.

Since your friend was already working this out with the former caretaker issues on gear are resolved… well enough. Former caretaker gets the expensive attire, your friend gets—some—of their gear back. QQ the Righteous of course follows up that thanks should all be to their grand effort of QQing in forums as this “crisis” would never have been resolved had they not vehemently cried injustice! In disgust you state one last opinion on the QQ’r and their pointless crusade that was in process of resolution before they even started. In upset your friend replies as well. With no apologies, QQ vanishes into the ether of the internet.

It is now nearly a month. You don’t talk to QQ or former caretaker even though they still are on your in-game friends list. And you laugh off the drama; it’s petty trite, right? But what is this? On a different forum than the one you and your friend replied to there is more info. Caretaker sold the expensive attire for 2.2M? And your friend is still missing their gear? What’s going on here? Why has the caretaker who was QQ’d over given up such an item worth QQ’ing? They sold it shortly after getting it back according to this post. A friend in-game sends you an even more disturbing message on Instant Messenger “Hey why is <former caretaker> being congratulated on getting a new <expensive attire> off Kirin?” WTF!?! They sold it and got a new one?!

Now, what are you to do? (Besides obviously posting in a public forum your experience.) You have been deemed “untrustworthy” on 3 separate forums. Your friend is still missing gear (notably an exclusive item that was HQ’d and signed by a former friend and is the only one in existence). And the former caretaker and QQ the Righteous are trotting around as hero and victim unapologetic (at the very least).

What to do, what to do.

Please comment.
[+]
 Asura.Icon
サーバ: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-29 14:01:25  
You know you really could have just talked in the first person ... "I have this friend who slept with this guy and got crabs, but it isn't me. So what is your advice to me that I can then pass on to my friend"

So what the hell happened? You were looking after a friends account and when they wanted it back and when you did the friends account wasn't exactly how they left it? An item or two short or a few hundred gil less? Summery statement plz.
 Phoenix.Boyaci
サーバ: Phoenix
user:
By Phoenix.Boyaci 2009-04-29 14:07:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I have to agree with Icon. Hard to give advice on what to do, what to do when we don't know who you are in this story.
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-29 14:08:32  
Boyaci said:
I have to agree with Icon.

well that was mistake #1
 Diabolos.Aphy
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-29 14:12:28

oh my god that is way too long for me to read, and confusing too. Can you sum it up in 1 paragraph like "My friend let someone else borrow his account and I had the info too and they took everything off his account so dont trust this guy." I donno, thats sorta what I got off the first few paragraphs.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-29 14:13:47  
I'd say... Simply state the opinion as it was posted here. And don't care who says whose fault it is. Obviously the gear that was originally on your friend's character belongs to your friend. Any profit reaped from the use of that character 'could' potentially be the 2nd "caretaker's", but they have no right to any of the gear/gil that was on the character to begin with. Sure, they could "use" the stuff, but if the original account owner comes back, it should go back to that character, not the 2nd "caretaker".

I have been involved in similar situations with friends of mine.

My friends K and Shot have been very close friends in-game since as long as I can remember, we're talking at least 5 years now. I've taken a few short breaks and they didn't see any point in using my account, but they had the option to if they wanted. Then, Shot took a fairly substantial break of over a year. During this period my friend K kept the account active and both of us used the character when we needed to. We did various things on the account such as CoP missions; farming; leveled their crafts up including bc +60 levels to like 93, leather 60, etc.; got them several pieces of ex gear like Sirocco; and the list goes on. Well, they decide to come back and K and I were both VERY happy. They got all of their gear back (we didn't use their gear on our separate accounts anyway), as well as more gil than they left with to get them back into the swing of things. We played together with the three of us again for a few months and all was well. We were just happy to have our friend back. Then K gets deployed overseas and can't play anymore, so Shot takes up the responsibility of keeping his account active and we do the same thing with K. We level him up, get him merits, get him gear (that we do NOT expect to get back whether EX or not), level his three characters' crafts (alch 92+2, cooking 93+2, goldsmithing ~60), do missions for him and so on.
Because when it comes down to it, he didn't have to let us use his character and we are grateful for the opportunity. His character augments our own and increases our potentials.

I 'also' pay for another friend's account that is on an extended break from the game. The same thing applies with her account. I took a ss of what she had when I started and she'll get back at MINIMUM that amount of gil and EQ. She'll also get all the items that I've put on her.

So umm.. Yeah... I kind of rambled on there. Oops. >.>

Edit: No... There were 4 people involved.
#1 was her.
#2 was her friend that took a break.
#3 was her friend's friend that started using the account after her friend's 2nd break.
#4 was #3's friend that started crying about #3 not getting what they deserved from #2's account.

Or at least that's how I read it.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 14:15:19  
Personally, only two other people have my login info, both good friends IRL that I knew long before FFXI came into the picture, and I trust them implicitly. I would NEVER give my account info to someone I met in game, I don't care how long I've known the person. The RL friends qualify, because, well...if they did something to my account that was *** up, they know I'd be on their doorstep 15 minutes after I found out with a chainsaw and a sledgehammer. Not so with an in-game friend...

Too much drama to be had. Sucks for them, but it's the risk you take...personally, I would run as far away from the *** as possible. Given that the QQ friend gave his account info to this person, he has no recourse....lesson learned (I would hope).
[+]
 Phoenix.Boyaci
サーバ: Phoenix
user:
By Phoenix.Boyaci 2009-04-29 14:19:38

If you give a friend the key to your front door, and come home from work to find your TV gone, has it been stolen?
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-29 14:20:02  
Well for first i would like to know who you are in this roleplay... the friend... the caretaker No.1 or the mysterious caretaker No.2 (well i'll doubt the No.2 actually lol would be kinda... idiotic to write down a confession <.<;;)

Well what would i do... for first... not share acc data (yeah blah blah i know its too late but really.... if you share some data you need to think about ugly outcomes too)

for second... nothing you really can do except then beein an *** by yourself... try to get the pos of No.2 down and kick his *** for using some internet annonymity and see if hes a toughhead like that irl too

Anyways.... dont share account data... nothing really comes up to my mind after reading such a WoT lol
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-29 14:20:23  
Tbest said:
Edit: No... There were 4 people involved.
#1 was her.
#2 was her friend that took a break.
#3 was her friend's friend that started using the account after her friend's 2nd break.
#4 was #3's friend that started crying about #3 not getting what they deserved from #2's account.

I'm still going to label #4 with:
W-T-F!!!!???!?!?!?!questionmark?!?!!!!?!!!?!!

EDIT: Anywho ... what did #3 deserve from #2? Did #3 keep some items and gil on #2 and when #2 came back they kept it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Aphy
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-29 14:27:04

Just derailing for a second to say YAY Numbertwo u went back to Jay. I missed it!

Anyway, wow I thought there was only 3 ppl lol. My advise, run away and get out of the drama before it consumes ur soul.
 Siren.Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-04-29 14:32:25  
lol I liked having fun eluding names and pronouns. My friend on Carby equated it to "lol it's like oliver stone made a FFXI movie or something" lmao

here is the SirenFFXI thread: http://www.sirenffxi.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9357

Alla:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=57;mid=1238697363109596678;num=8;page=1

And BG kept gaying out and wouldnt let me make an account so dont have the link for that post.

Summary: B shared acct with Kaz. Kaz either deact, agree to deact, or deact cause couldnt afford. B reacted for a month but then had to deact so I react'd. Kaz was like wtf pw wrong. B and Kaz worked it out on IM. Meanwhile QQ Sir Autodouche the Righteous overreacts and posts his QQ on the interwebs. Makes me look bad. Kaz sells osode that was bought with B's funds (he had Millions on him before letting her take care of acct). B gets back a broke *** character missing gear, specifically a signed SH+1 that was given to him by a friend and is only one ever made.

B is working on his character. Im getting random tells and emotes dissing me. Kaz is richer. Exo is an unapologetic douchebag :)

Tada~
[+]
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-29 14:37:11  
Narayan said:
lol I liked having fun eluding names and pronouns. My friend on Carby equated it to "lol it's like oliver stone made a FFXI movie or something" lmao

here is the SirenFFXI thread: http://www.sirenffxi.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9357

Alla:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=57;mid=1238697363109596678;num=8;page=1

And BG kept gaying out and wouldnt let me make an account so dont have the link for that post.

Summary: B shared acct with Kaz. Kaz either deact, agree to deact, or deact cause couldnt afford. B reacted for a month but then had to deact so I react'd. Kaz was like wtf pw wrong. B and Kaz worked it out on IM. Meanwhile QQ Sir Autodouche the Righteous over reacts and posts his QQ on the interwebs. Makes me look bad. Kaz sells osode that was bought with B's funds (he had Millions on him before letting her take care of acct). B gets back a broke as character missing gear, specifically a signed SH+1 that was given to him by a friend and is only one ever made.

B is working on his character. Im getting random tells and emotes dissing me. Kaz is richer. Exo is an unapologetic douchebag :)

Tada~

See now wasn't that easier ...

State your case, /blist anyone you want, go on your merry way.

and d00d I so called it:

Icon said:
You know you really could have just talked in the first person ... "I have this friend who slept with this guy and got crabs, but it isn't me. So what is your advice to me that I can then pass on to my friend"
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-29 14:37:50

Moral of the story: Don't share your account info; period.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-29 14:48:59  
Yeah... Kaz is a leech and Exo is a moron.
B deserved their gear/gil and then EXTRA for rent.
I mean seriously... They use B's char and profit from it, then TAKE things that were on B's character originally? That's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

As for the sharing your account info...

3 People can log onto me should it be necessary. They don't because well, there's no need to.
I have the pw's of... 6 people and use most of them regularly. And generally, when I'm on their character it's to help them in some way, not to get me profit. (Except when it comes to my alt. That's very much a mutually beneficial arrangement.)

There is really 0 risk involved if you either know the person EXTREMELY well and have a very long-lasting relationship with them or know them irl and can go pound on them should something happen.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 14:59:39  
Tbest said:
There is really 0 risk involved if you either know the person EXTREMELY well and have a very long-lasting relationship with them or know them irl and can go pound on them should something happen.

Hence the "chainsaw and sledgehammer" deterrent I described earlier ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-29 15:04:41  
Yeah, I saw. :P

I'm just saying, yeah it's stupid to give your account to any regular Joe that ya meet online. But if you know them well enough, there isn't any risk involved.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 15:07:12  
Tbest said:
Yeah, I saw. :P

I'm just saying, yeah it's stupid to give your account to any regular Joe that ya meet online. But if you know them well enough, there isn't any risk involved.

Ya, but I've seen ingame friendships implode over far less of a temptation then access to another account with gilz and/or gearz...
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-29 15:16:15  
Exactly. Meaning, you better know that person very well and have a good relationship with them. :P
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 15:24:40  
tl;dr
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-29 15:28:08  
Then why post? Oh wait... You're a troll. :P
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 15:32:12  
Tbest said:
Then why post?

Post count +1 ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-29 15:33:34  
Yeah... That's the only reason Lu ever posts tbh. It's not to have a reasonable discussion. Well... That and to post anime pics of 10 year old girls.
 Siren.Burne
By Siren.Burne 2009-04-29 17:01:31  
It's just funny this whole chain of events. Rib said he's gonna play detective and follow people around to screen shot their deceit.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 17:16:35  
oh comeon, thats freaking 3 pages worth of stuff.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-04-29 17:23:43  
I got about 1/4 of the way through that before I realized it was tl;dr. {I'm sorry} ;_;
 Siren.Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-04-29 17:41:32  
I love seeing "QQ the Righteous rides a lone pale Drama Llama" on the front page.

And if the tldr kicks in just scroll down and read my next post for links to other forums with what happened and the synop :)
First Page 2