フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Brewing on thf advice needed
Brewing on thf advice needed
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-02-07 15:57:59  
since i have almost zero brewing experience i need a bit help for doing this on thief. ( never like the idea of brewing)

i went thf/war with my normal tp gear
atam of gales
atma of beyond
atma of ultimate

and i could do two apa's in one brew
i know my (ex)gf blu can do 5-6 in one brew doing sanguine blade

so what can i get of gear to make a good brew set `for thief

or should i just go war and do sanguine blade instead ?
i have
atma of the cosmos
atma of the banisher
atma of ultimate
for sanguien blade brewing
By volkom 2012-02-07 16:01:52  
thf/blm ?

ultimate,beyond,gales? spam aeolian edge?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Rhaokin 2012-02-07 16:02:59  
I typically find it best to just use normal atmas (RR/SS/Apoc) and use Evisceration>Aeolian Edge>Evisceration repeatedly.

This results in Distortion>Darkness skillchains, which usually more than make up for the loss in elemental WS damage. This is generally speaking though, since some NMs need to be brewed with alternating damage types such as Glavoid.
By Gimpness 2012-02-07 16:03:59  
This

no, but really... takes like a day to make one, and your brew numbers gonna be high enough to 2 shot it. :p Can probly only use 3-4 brews in total if you have friends to hold pops.

and it's kinda nice for voidwatch.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-02-07 16:04:58  
volkom said: »
ultimate,beyond,gales? spam aeolian edge?

That was pretty much what i did. but si still killed way to slow
By volkom 2012-02-07 16:09:18  
meh~ prolly sanguine blade is much better , takes like 4 ws to kill

or wildfire it and kill like 8 with 1 brew

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By volkom 2012-02-07 16:23:40  
Josiahkf said: »
thf/nin with a proper hybrid weaponskill can SATA -> ws for massive damage brewing

Smoldering sky
Brother wolf
Griffon Claw
And Tachi Kagero with Wooden Katana would be the most dmg possible, Assassin's charge would boost it even further when it's up. If you pull this off it should be able to one shot anything but of course, impossible to line up SA TA AC -> WS when soloing and very difficult when duoing

But if you don't have that, can quest the All jobs Katana and try their hybrid wses instead.
that...sounds amazing
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-02-08 04:56:38  
thf/nin with a proper hybrid weaponskill can SATA -> ws for massive damage brewing

Smoldering sky
Brother wolf
Griffon Claw
And Tachi Kagero with Wooden Katana would be the most dmg possible, Assassin's charge would boost it even further when it's up. If you pull this off it should be able to one shot anything but of course, impossible to line up SA TA AC -> WS when soloing and very difficult when duoing

But if you don't have that, can quest the All jobs Katana and try their hybrid wses instead.

Why brother wolf atma ? it's ju stfire resistance major and a little mab.
wouldn't ultimate with major mab out do it?
 Cerberus.Regan
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Damz
By Cerberus.Regan 2012-02-08 05:14:34  

beyond,razed ruins,undying
 Sylph.Citrelautame
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2012-02-08 05:29:52  
thf brew is easy, if no elemental weaknesses AE should be doing ~30k just from atma ive pushed 50k but i have a AE set for exp/KI chests... Atmas are gales/smiting blow/MAB+50... im really impressed w/ that Blade: To SS btw i havent heard of any ws besides cor hitting 99999 honestly...perks to AE on these tho!! peeps that are holding pops use drinks or w/e needed to hold their mob for awhile...pop all 3 at once, clump them up then use AE...set QM for this tho cuz the treasure pool will over flow! kill all 3 at once, touch NPC something to hold brew, repeat (depending on how many KI sets u have handy of course) can usually get 6 NM's done with this pretty easly if there is an NPC close enough
 Fenrir.Dibble
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-02-08 05:55:38  
Gimpness said: »
This

no, but really... takes like a day to make one
Where's yours?
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-02-08 06:02:39  

Smoldering sky
Brother wolf
Griffon Claw

"bully"
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2012-02-08 06:03:29  
mnk99 + cataclysm + cosmos/griffon claw/smiting
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-02-08 07:41:15  
TY for all the info ima try thief gain with the atmas mentioend by Sylph.Citrelautame (gales/smiting blow/MAB+50)

i just really wanna do it on thief for th
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-02-08 07:54:33  

This is what I use on dancer gear-wise for AE cleaving, with a +100TP bonus Centovente, also /blm or /rdm.

There are some obvious upgrades you can make here (Hecates, another demon ring) and the DNC gear doesn't really apply, just use it in there for DEX modding, probably better MAB or DEX/INT options for THF... Anyway point is this gear setup (including the dagger) bump my non-brewed AE from 800ish up to about 1500 on average.

As far as atma, pretty much been said already, gales and whatever MAB you can get.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-02-08 08:34:00  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
As far as atma, pretty much been said already, gales and whatever MAB you can get.

but th was exactly what i did and still ending up killing way to slow :-(
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-02-08 08:46:19  
I think AE is just a weak option all around primarily because of it's AoE nature, balance balance yadda yadda. I think you might just be best off finding a THF for TH and using a stronger brewing option like people mentioned above, sad to say :(
 Asura.Ajirha
サーバ: Asura
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2012-02-08 08:57:53  
TP bonus dagger would help as well. you'd be able to replace smiting blow by another MAB atma.
you can also push it with martial knife in main, magian tp bonus in sub. it cost you the one TH but gives you a serious bonus for wsing at 100%

for the rest, dex and int stack, non brew AE should give between 1.7 and 2k dmg on normal mobs. (unless special resistance)
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-02-08 11:07:10  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

Smoldering sky
Brother wolf
Griffon Claw

He probably meant Lone Wolf.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-02-26 04:18:02  
What are you trying to brew exactly? i can brew 2 Glavoids/2 Rani's with 1 brew on THF AE. In fact yesterday i brewed 2 with regular Apoc/RR/GH atmas (wasnt expecting to pop a brew was a impulse brew :P)

So yah from my experience wildfire is the sure winner that weapon was designed for brewing but with AE i havent failed yet. Average damage was 10k-14k. Then again my Jinpu's (on SAM) do 30k but AE is AoE which means it will always have mitigated damage.
By javelinx 2012-02-29 06:10:36  
did a short run of azdaja's last night on thf, got 3 ppl with pops, wanted to see how quickly I could brew. Smiting blow, Beyond and Gales, and gear below, ws's from 10-15k and sc dmg of about 3-5k...the 3rd popper was too far away and died so i ended up having to burn brew time chasing after that azdaja before it depopped. The gear was kind of random stuff i had around, dax/agi+4 crit dmg/ws dmg+2 on anwig.

I think with some of the better mab gear out there for thf (pandinus beret or chimera hairpin, athos's chapeau, gloves (on the right day), ACP body with MAB, ASA pants with mab on them, stoicheons medal (which i have, but forgot was all jobs), denali kecks, and as far as dex/int...it shouldn't matter with a brew on, because those will be capped. And anwig made just for AE would probably do just as well as the other options....IMO better daggers ;p
 Fenrir.Mauddib
user: Mauddib
By Fenrir.Mauddib 2012-03-01 11:09:09  
I've always done Gales, Ultimate and a third MAB atma I can't remember atm. In just using my normal gear I've gotten anywhere from 10-25k Aeolian Edges, just depends what your fighting.

A few nights ago we were farming Orthrus for my 90 Twashtar with a small group. Because of some unfortunately circumstances, I had to pop a brew to keep us from losing our pop, and from keeping our neighbors pop from killing us (/sigh). Anyways, since I had my brew still up after those 2, we decided to have some fun with the next one.

My friend on DNC popped and did a solo Darkness, I then followed it with a AC+SA+Rudra's for 20k, which was followed by a 30k Darkness. Wasn't enough to kill him, but he quickly went from ~90-95% health to about 25%. From now on if I'm forced to brew, i'm definitely not going to discount the potential of skill chain damage.
By javelinx 2012-03-08 17:03:36  
brewed azdaja's again the other night, did 6 on thf (3 at a time) before brew wore, with gales/hells guardian/beyond, novio/hecate's/martial dagger/ stoich medal/+2 ws dmg AMK hat, had about 20 seconds left over after 6.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-03-08 17:10:51  
Just thought I would point out, if you are brewing Azdaja do -NOT- try Sanguine blade or Cataclysm. He will full resist anything dark damage based to the tune of 1k per WS w/ brew up.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Duzell
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-03-08 17:38:55  
With AE brewing you should try a pair of TP bonus daggers, takes your mod from 2.5 to 4, thats a sizable jump, and since its elemental dagger base damage is unimportant.

Post deleted by User.
By javelinx 2012-03-08 18:20:39  
javelinx said: »
brewed azdaja's again the other night, did 6 on thf (3 at a time) before brew wore, with gales/hells guardian/beyond, novio/hecate's/martial dagger/ stoich medal/+2 ws dmg AMK hat, had about 20 seconds left over after 6.
Smiting blow would've really boosted your damage
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Just thought I would point out, if you are brewing Azdaja do -NOT- try Sanguine blade or Cataclysm. He will full resist anything dark damage based to the tune of 1k per WS w/ brew up.
why would you even try an element matching a wyrm? > < that's like bringing freezebite to isgebind

Siren.Kyte said: »
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

Smoldering sky
Brother wolf
Griffon Claw

He probably meant Lone Wolf.
thanks for catching my typo

my mistake, i did have SB on, not sure if i had gales or beyond on then...it was late
First Page 2