Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 494 495 496 ... 835 836 837
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-26 08:25:36  
sam and war are pretty close to even, war has a better 1h and sam has better SC options but both deal very close to the same damage at the same level of gear/buffs

drk lags behind them
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-06-26 09:09:05  
Just pick one. War and drk have tons of gear overlap too so if you pick war or drk you've basically got the other pre-geared.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2017-06-26 09:40:32  
Can watch fc escha like a Blu? Maybe smaller scale
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2017-06-26 09:58:16  
Wouldn't mind knowing where mnk stacks too
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-26 10:07:29  
Leviathan.Kuryomi said: »
Looking for opinions on which is better now days and why. Sam war or drk? I ask because I have played all three before I quit and with modern content it don't look like I'll play either in goups

Are you asking for the best job in group play or for soloing stuff? SAM and WAR are at the top end for pure damage, both do functionally the same thing but take different routes to get there. They both need a full support package to enable them to do what they do. DRK can do similar things but has a different set of skills and also provides some solo ability.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-26 10:23:47  
Leviathan.Kuryomi said: »
Wouldn't mind knowing where mnk stacks too

Bottom of the DPS hierarchy but only because SE hasn't updated the H2H WS's to be competitive with the others.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2017-06-26 10:33:06  
Ouch, have they mentioned fixing H2? And yes I was asking opinion and why. I'm half way done with rag but though about switching to amano, but I also think drk is more solo able and utility friendly. It also seems there isntuch of anything group wise now, all done solo with trust
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-06-26 13:42:58  
Amano is old and busted. It's the weakest rema for Sam now. It's best to give up on hope for monk. Anything that sound like they might fix it is a trick.

Su3 gear supposedly gave apoc a massive utility boost thanks to the wsd on it but I'd prioritize a rag since you were considering war.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2017-06-26 14:17:17  
hey all,
i'm looking to build up a resist set i know of the hearty earring and arke set is good for it. is there anything that has "Increases resistance to all status ailments" or anything close to that?
basicly im looking for gears for neck rings 1 more earring and back slots for a resist set
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-06-26 14:40:21  
arete del luna
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-06-26 15:24:09  
Flawless Ribbon

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By zaxtiss 2017-06-28 09:02:06  
hmmm has anyone tried sam/drk lately to cap out JA haste?
By clearlyamule 2017-06-28 10:17:49  
zaxtiss said: »
hmmm has anyone tried sam/drk lately to cap out JA haste?
What for like low magical haste situations?
By zaxtiss 2017-06-28 10:20:07  
uhh i don't know. just never really thought about it.
i'm never in those situations i bring my own mules to cap me out.
but i thought it would be better possibly then /war i'm going to unlock it and try it after i get home from work.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-28 11:19:49  
Well I meant even without capping JA haste sam can still cap total delay reduction so outside of not capping magic or gear was wondering why trying to cap ja
By zaxtiss 2017-06-28 11:32:39  
hmmm i thoght sam could hit 79 total haste from JA magic an gear thats 1 % below the 80% cap.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-28 11:44:08  
Probably forgetting the enhance hasso gear
By zaxtiss 2017-06-28 11:57:55  
ahhh yes thats true thanks
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-06-28 12:32:15  
I'm thinking about raising a chocobo for the mount and to get the vorseal from beating the CRA Classic. Since this is only a mid-tier race, would I have a chance at beating it with a chocobo with maxed out Strength and Endurance, Gallop, and Canter (for maximum mount stats), but with very weak other stats, or is a more balanced chocobo required to beat even mid-difficulty races?
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-07-03 19:46:48  
for vagary rewards; you can chose a piece or you get a random one 'what the master deems worthy' which can include that tarutarus platemail. Since equips are rare, and you can only hold one, does having more of them already in your inventory increase the chance of getting the platemail since other options are no longer available? Or is the rate always the same for it, even if you have all the other equips?
By jopa 2017-07-03 20:03:24  
When the Goblin Mystery Box tries to give you a Rare item you already have, it does a reroll with a small list without Rare items (all Goblin-related junk). I would imagine something similar happens with the random Vagary reward. Probably even just an etched memory.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2017-07-05 10:05:22  
does anyone know if you get points on FFXIah for mastering a job i didnt see that on the Achievements pages
 Fenrir.Judeau
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Spoofer
By Fenrir.Judeau 2017-07-05 10:46:47  
Heyo, I'm a returning player from forever ago thinking about starting a new char and simply reliving some early-game nostalgia.

Just a newb question regarding accuracy for elemental/magic-based weaponskills (for determining resistances and such). I assume that their accuracy is basically weapon combat skill + gear/food/whatever magic accuracy + their WS MACC bonus from the update a while ago, but would a dSTAT be involved like regular magic? I know that elemental WSs use dINT for damage calculations, but light-based stuff like Seraph Blade don't have dMND or any other dSTAT that affects damage. So if something like Seraph Blade doesn't have dMND affecting damage, does that mean it doesn't have dMND or another dSTAT affecting magic accuracy as well? Do the elemental WSs that use dINT for damage also use dINT for magic accuracy? I know this stuff is prolly hard to test and no one prolly cares for current endgame calculations, but was just curious if anyone knew, or if there's anything else I'm missing in how it's generally calculated (so that I know what to swap in when I'm tryharding at <99 joke levels).

Thanks. =x
By zaxtiss 2017-07-05 11:54:39  
for magic based Ws's you can just stack as much mab/macc as you can.
 Lakshmi.Veika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2017-07-05 12:53:44  
What would be the easiest job to gear for stuff like gain exp days & einherjar?
By zaxtiss 2017-07-05 13:11:19  
bst or blu
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-07-05 14:19:54  
Lakshmi.Veika said: »

The most efficient "cleaving" jobs (in terms of speed, survivability, and not needing tons of support) are BLU and BST (BLM is ok but does better with several other blms to back them up, and running out of mp is more of an issue). But how you define "easy" depends on whether you have access to things like escha or sinister reign gear, or how comfortable you are in alluvion skirmish. BLU would require that you learn the hybrid element aoe spells, get some augmented herculean/coladas or sinister reign coat for MAB, and ideally the shark delve boss spell for a powerful aquaveil. BST would require augmented escha or skirmish gear for pet acc, along with specific pieces of gear to reduce your 'ready' cooldown timer. BST might be easier to gear, but it will also be trickier to play due to the command range restriction. Also, BLU has more safety nets in case things go wrong (they can aoe sleep, terror, break, stun), whereas BST can't really take over in case the pet dies or gets disabled, so take that into account.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-07-05 22:37:27  
Bismarck.Vashkoda said: »
Lakshmi.Veika said: »

The most efficient "cleaving" jobs (in terms of speed, survivability, and not needing tons of support) are BLU and BST (BLM is ok but does better with several other blms to back them up, and running out of mp is more of an issue). But how you define "easy" depends on whether you have access to things like escha or sinister reign gear, or how comfortable you are in alluvion skirmish. BLU would require that you learn the hybrid element aoe spells, get some augmented herculean/coladas or sinister reign coat for MAB, and ideally the shark delve boss spell for a powerful aquaveil. BST would require augmented escha or skirmish gear for pet acc, along with specific pieces of gear to reduce your 'ready' cooldown timer. BST might be easier to gear, but it will also be trickier to play due to the command range restriction. Also, BLU has more safety nets in case things go wrong (they can aoe sleep, terror, break, stun), whereas BST can't really take over in case the pet dies or gets disabled, so take that into account.

You could cleave Einherjar with BLU before Escha. All you really need is Delve gear. Honestly if you have the Jhakri Armor Set, a pair of Gabaxorea's, Subduction, Whirl or Rage, Dream Flower, and Magic Hammer... you're set.

Question: What setup can clear JoL and Absolute Virtue in Sea? I have all 4 pops for the Jailers leading up to it for the RoE, but would like to clear Absolute Virtue also.

Thanks!
First Page 2 3 ... 494 495 496 ... 835 836 837